Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power (582 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks To BBC World On Situation On Ground / SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / Lady Cries For President Buhari To Leave Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by dozeslam: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2015

President Obama asked African leaders to leave office whenever their tenure comes to an end and shaded the heck out of Mugabe and Burundi president. While speaking to African leaders at the African Union Headquarters in Ethiopia today July 28th, Read what he said below:

“I am in my second term. Its been an extraordinary privilege for me to serve as President of the United States. I love my work but under our constitution I cannot run again. I actually think I am a pretty good president. I think if I ran I could win. But I can’t. So there is a lot that I will like to do to keep America moving but the law is the law and no one person is above the law. Not even the president. And I will be honest with you.I am looking forward to life after being president. I wouldn’t have such a big security detail all the time. It means I can go take a walk. I can spend time with my family. I can find other ways to serve. I can visit Africa more often. The funny thing is I don’t understand why people want to stay so long especially when they have got a lot of money. When a leader tries to change the rules in the middle of the game just to stay in office, it risks instability and strife as we have seen in Burundi. Sometimes you hear a leader say well I am the only person who can hold this nation together. If that’s true, then that leader has failed to build their nation. You look at Nelson Mandela. Madiba like George Washington forged a lasting legacy not only because of what they did in office but because they were wiling to leave office, transfer power peacefully. Just as the African Union have condemned coups and illegitimate transfers of power,the AU and other strong voices can also help the people of Africa ensure their leaders abide by term limits under their constitution. Nobody should be president for life” he said.
Source:http://dozeslam.com
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by seedgreen(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'm sure Mugabe will respond to u shortly, I trust him for that. The man nor even get ur time

2 Likes

Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by funlord(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin Will dey Listen?
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by Kossyne(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Obama, taking the proverbial moral high ground.
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by donholy28(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Obama if their followers like them...Who are u to dispute them?
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by MabraO: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
This also applies to Jonathan's followers that wants him to spend all his life ruling Nigeria co she is the best candidate
Yeye people
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by MabraO: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
donholy28:
Obama if their followers like them...Who are u to dispute them?

See am a Typical wailing waillers follower
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by austinsmat(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
for obj mind this man is falling my hand
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by FYB(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
the main reason why people think GEJ is a hero
he left when we wanted him to
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by FYB(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by FYB(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
....PEACEFULLY
Re: President Barrack Obama Speaks To The African Leaders Who Refuse To Leave Power by FYB(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
....PEACEFULLY

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production / Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 And Kills 8 In Cameroon / Senate Declares State Of Emergency On Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.