Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground (57619 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Osinbajo Prays With Surviving Children Of Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
Been the king does not make give you right break the protocol, those ladies are not suppose to be there according to Islamic doctrine ladies have their reserve area

4 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by adebayo201: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
a
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Saheed9: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
wrong

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Ndkings1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
I just com here to coment sha
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kimond101: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Reason why women should pray at the back row in islam?

During the early days when the prayer was instituted, they would shout out to each other during the prayer, ‘how far are you? How many cycles/rakats have you completed’. Men would wink at women and even grab them. It was the Prophets wife, Safiyyah (the daughter of Huyayy ibn Akhtab, chief of the Banu Nadir) who complained to the Prophet because some of the Bedouins would wink and grabbed the ladies during Salah. This was the reason for the prophet (peace be upon him) saying, ‘Men should stand in front during prayer and females should stand at the back, while children are in between’.

The reason for this is twofold,

a) Men were not disciplined and b) Women were disciplined.

For some strange reason we tend to believe that woman at the back in prayer means they are lower and less deserving and men have power. If you think about it, when we were younger and in school, the disciplined students would sit at the back while those who were a bit rowdy would sit right in front.

Initially, at the Masjid al-Nabawi, men and women would enter the mosque through the same door. When this caused overcrowding on entrances and exits, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said ‘It would be better if this door (in the Holy City) is left for women.’

Upon saying so, the men made that door for women, and it became known up until today as “The Women’s Door” or Bab al-Nisa.

And Allah knows best,

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Rilwayne001: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Dayummmn...Ikú babàyeye, eleyi ku die kaato. angry

3 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by DankemzI(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
G
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
I'm a yoruba but this is wrong according to my religion

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by grin88(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
ezeagu:
More shocked at the amount of bleaching.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by ArodewilliamsT: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
abeg who bleach pass this man and him wives?

3 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by closetoyou(f): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
I love d way u asked ur question.. . Islam frowns alot at free mixing, it is Haram (forbidden) for men nd women to free mix, in Masjid, eid praying ground, schools etc. To avoid fornication because it usually start with just a gaze. Women are not kept behind, infact women are treated as with utmost respect nd care in islam.

14 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by coolestrogue(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
Am waiting for Rilwayne001 and midolian to make a statement on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by closetoyou(f): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is too wrong
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by funkybully(f): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
I thought Muslims believe in oneness of allah and don't associate deity to him. Is alaafin not also idol worshipper? Confused bleaching mofo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by tola9ja: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
[size=18pt]in the world mosque both man and woman tawaf i.e worship and pray together [/size]
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by AdeniyiA(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
ISLAMaBAD
lipsrsealed
...is a a country cool

5 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Rilwayne001: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
coolestrogue:

Scroll up.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by INTROVERT(f): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
closetoyou:

I love d way u asked ur question.. . Islam frowns alot at free mixing, it is Haram (forbidden) for men nd women to free mix, in Masjid, eid praying ground, schools etc. To avoid fornication because it usually start with just a gaze. Women are not kept behind, infact women are treated as with utmost respect nd care in islam.

Ave been up north for over a decade.... those hijab covering females are "badder" than the rest of us. Who can confirm this?

14 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Adesiji77: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Zonacom:
Would have loved to see the picture where they all kneel forehead down with their arses up. Don't ask me why

lipsrsealed
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by funkybully(f): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
allanphash7:
#iranu

Abacha ugwuoba
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by An2elect2(f): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.

There is discrimination in Christianity. Remember we are not allowed to yoke wif unbelievers. Ours is a good kind of discrimination, unlike this display of hypocrisy and foolishness by one false religion and its adherents.

Anybody is free to get offended by my post.

7 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by linkin8k(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
its absolutely wrong.....am a christian though

Lol you're definitely not a Christian for making that statement. Women praying with men is normal in Christianity.

6 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by sweatlana: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
closetoyou:

pleasssse SHUT UP!!!

ISLAM ALL OVER THE WORLD IS THE MOST OPPRESSIVE RELIGION AGAINST WOMEN.

Ishba and honour killings to name a few!

If I have nothing to be thankful for I thank God for being born a CHRISTIAN.

7 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by coolestrogue(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Scroll up.
Sorry sir, I don't understand that language, don't mind if you interpret it for me. Thanks in advance
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by KingKuntaVart: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin
The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
yes who are u? your just a jobless FTC MINISTER...
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by midolian(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
coolestrogue:
could this man be the simplified version of Oremussanctus? If this is not you, then the person behind this moniker has got many accounts.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Kangol99(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Woman should not be @ d back everytime cos some woman are more gifted and can do it more than some men... Even in Christianity e.g Katherine Kulman, Aimee Mcpheson....... Their ministry cannot be compared to some ministry headed by men.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by INTROVERT(f): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
KingKuntaVart:
yes who are u? your just a jobless FTC MINISTER...

My frenemy.... kossyablaze has been banned your own is loading

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by muzeze77: 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
It's wrong, the Alaafin is not a real Muslim , in Islam it's not that women have lower rights, it's what is in the Quran, women in Islamic countries have been elected as presidents and prime ministers , how many have been elected in Nigeria even in Christian states? Men and women don't use the same toilets in schools , why? It's to ward off evil intentions

8 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by bashsani(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked :ouve already said it distraction

The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

who am I to judge
distraction
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Rilwayne001: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
coolestrogue:

Sorry sir, I don't understand that language, don't mind if you interpret it for me. Thanks in advance

I mean You should browse this page. I already made my comment on the OP.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by mbhs139(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
I have always hold the opinion that anyone that can write or speak English, and who is supposedly enlightened enough to use and engage others on the social media platform is educated and sensible. However, nairaland have prove this my theory wrong. It's a shame.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / President buhari attends Juma'at prayers / Meet The Five Judges Who Will Decide Tinubu’s, Atiku’s, Obi’s Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.