Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground (57618 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Osinbajo Prays With Surviving Children Of Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Demmocrats:

Thanks so much for your explanation but do you agree with it
www.
not only agree in it, I believe in it because while praying u need full concentration
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.

Go and tell that to the Catholics to allow Rev sisters to take charge of the Church.
Or better still, let make women Bishops and Pope.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bluffly:

I'm a christian but I can tell you that women are not relegated to the background in Islam but if you see it that way and want to know the reason I will tell you. It is simply to avoid distractions and keep pure minds before their Allah. Do you know what goes n in churches today, when women wear extreme tight fitted outfits and her dancing in front of men? Think about it
put them anywhere,wetin go happen go still happen abeg

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is clearly against Islamic injunction.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by yusufobinna1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
bashsani:
no wonder sex abuse is common in church
u r right bro,but I ll want u not to touch Christianity becos of MUMUGIDI.islam has its rule and regulation so as christianity.so Mumugidi please learn to talk with ut number six.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by koma1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is absolutely unacceptable as it is against the teachings of islam.women are meant to pray behind the men and not side by side with men.The fact that his the king doesn't mean he should disobey the doctrines of the religion. If he did it out of ignorance then may Allah forgive him.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
odapey:
The First to be blamed is the Imam who led the Sâlat (Prayer/worship). He is most responsible for such act by the King because he ought to check the people @ the first line very well b4 he proceed sâlat (worship) but to the fact that he was PANIC & perhaps not TRUTHFUL or fearing to notice the King of such Solemn Mistake.
Secondly, the king is also @ fault for such act. in fact he committed a great sin with his personality. If not for his position as a renowned king many would have lambasted him including me.

And for those Christians crying on the comments, I can't really blame you because your religion is BASELESS and ELUSIVE. The word CHRISTIANITY never exist in the bible. Jesus u claim u are following never attended any church, he never practice Xtianity. Paul introduced CHRISTIANITY with the use of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) name to established Xtianity. You have no doctrine, rules and regulations that guide or religion.

WHAT THE KING DID is not accepted in Islam. ABSOLUTELY. Woman must be @ d back of men, though a woman can lead the prayer, she must stay at d back.(In Islam). Married women should worship at their homes (except in congregational worship like of Aalafins or Friday Prayer)

some verses of the bible also confirm staying at home of MARRIED WOMEN

WOMEN SHOULD KEEP BUSY AT HOME

TITUS 2:3-5
3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, Teachers Of Good Things;
4. That they MAY TEACH THE YOUNG WOMEN TO BE SOBER, TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS, TO LOVE THEIR CHILDREN,
5. To be discreet, chaste, KEEPERS AT HOME, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

CHRISTIANS NEVER CRITICISED ISLAM!!! UR RELIGION IS BASELESS

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 256:
لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
I had loved your explanation for what the king did but trying to justify the bible by those verses makes everything useless. U quoted titus right Bro ,that verse talks about a woman not to be lazy not an interpretation you give or ur utaz give to u,ok ?

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by highbeeola(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
its absolutely wrong.....am a christian though
it not they do such in mecca but not sure it allowed at dis instance i stand to be corrected
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennyamusan:
tell me the denomination in christianity that don't allow this please
you will need to pay for that.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Familyfirst: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin

The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
family life is what matter most
www.familyparliament.com
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
highbeeola:

it not they do such in mecca but not sure it allowed at dis instance i stand to be corrected
av never being to mecca anyway

But if they do it there why can't they do it here in Nigeria.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
TeamSimple:
If am to judge by the contributions of christians on any religious thread, considering Christianity will never cross my mind. They just have a very negative approach to what they intend to pass across (The Gospel). So arrogant and hypocrite. Even on threads that does not concern them (like this present thread) they still hang around to make nuisance of themselves,thinking they know the religion more than its followers and theirs is a perfect 'religion'. The amazing thing is that their acts makes it easy for you to consider Islam rather than forbid it. The same way they kept preaching to me and persuading me to become a christian when I was a free soul while castigating other religious beliefs(Islam expecialy). But instead their preachings made me more interested in Islam than the christianity product they came to sell to me. I began research about Islam while I also listened to their (christianity) preachings objectively. Before I new it I made my deicision on 1st of January 2008 and ever since then have never left out a single solat. Alhamdulilah am a Muslim. I don't care the blasphemy and mischief they make towards the religion,all I know is have found inner peace and so has my family. Allahu Akbar.
I would rather you say 'some' rather than 'they are all arrogant' please

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Sulaimon01(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Some fools 'll come here nd start spewing trash niyen o, they dnt knw is nt an "anyhow" religion. The shariah doesnt allow women lead prayer(Solat) or even pray in front, not When there z a man present.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by honeywealth75(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
morbeta:
Alafin well done!! You are bringing change to dogmatic believes that caged islam 234AD.
pls i am not advising you bt warning you nt to talk abt what u av no knowledge of. Thank you.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by TeamSimple(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennyamusan:
I would rather you say 'some' rather than 'they are all arrogant' please
Sorry about that..modified.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Spybradd: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge

i support u 100%,i got ur....emmm back covered..
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Go and tell that to the Catholics to allow Rev sisters to take charge of the Church.
Or better still, let make women Bishops and Pope.
Abi o

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
you will need to pay for that.
lolzzzzzz,guess u know nothing at a lot. Can't waste time tangling with ur type
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Spybradd: 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sulaimon01:
Some fools 'll come here nd start spewing trash niyen o, they dnt knw is nt an "anyhow" religion. The shariah DOES NOT allow women lead prayer(Solat) or even pray in front, not When there z a man present.

o ye baboon,do ye have to gbagaun and break bottle just cos u wanna mess?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Lukay99: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
sweatlana:

pleasssse SHUT UP!!!

ISLAM ALL OVER THE WORLD IS THE MOST OPPRESSIVE RELIGION AGAINST WOMEN.

Ishba and honour killings to name a few!

If I have nothing to be thankful for I thank God for being born a CHRISTIAN.
What is Ishba? Where is it in the Quran or hadiths my question to many of you Christians that love to blame every thing on Islam why don't you guys first try and educate yourself about Islam before you start blaming Islam I challenge you to bring out your reference (verses of Quran or hadith of Muhammad) that support this your so called honoured killing there's a big difference between middle eastern culture and Islamic doctrine Islam actually came to stop abolish most of this bad cultural practice yet ignorant people like you are quick to blame Islam blindly

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by honeywealth75(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
highbeeola:

yeah bro i like that u made a gud obsevation, bt let me tell you there is no islamic country or communities you can find something like that,its totally against the teaching of Islam,d 1 done in mecca 2geda is called Tawaf , ie Circumambulation of the Holy house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.
Comments on sensitive issues should not always be childish and cautious-free in a forum already polarised as this.
Think of women raising up their backside up and men behind them.

Before u pass ur reply....I'm trying to be like Christ too.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
av never being to mecca anyway

But if they do it there why can't they do it here in Nigeria.

U can't compare Mecca with Nigeria, Mecca is a holy land. For those performing Hajj or lesser Hajj, the intention is already there that they won't even notice if they are standing with a man or woman. Only if their intention and mission is diff
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jomoh: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
clefstone:
Isn't this the reason Northern muslims refer to yoruba muslims as kafir? Well, I think this is a good development cos Islam urgently need some sort of reformation and if the Alaafin chooses to start giving women some form of recognition, I say well done

Islam is not a religion based on human laws.

So any idea of reformation or changes will die while the reformers is still alive.

That is how much protection the religion enjoys from its owner.

4 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
teryorluv:

U can't compare Mecca with Nigeria, Mecca is a holy land. For those performing Hajj or lesser Hajj, the intention is already there that they won't even notice if they are standing with a man or woman. Only if their intention and mission is diff
I don't know much about your religion,am just stating the lil I know I think I better keep my peace.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennyamusan:
lolzzzzzz,guess u know nothing at a lot. Can't waste time tangling with ur type
sorry, is celestial a christian denomination? Last time I checked they are part of CAN.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jomoh: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

who am I to judge

Maybe if you tell us why we've not seen a female bishop or female pope. We can then explain why women should pray behind men.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Walexdinho4: 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
.in the bible mention a prophet woman....and where prophets prays or worshipping god in sitting,standing, or kneeling with women together and nt seperate....dnt get it swisted i jst want to knw........is gud to learn
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by stag: 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
tobtap:
....he is the KING wink

I would be joining him soon lipsrsealed
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Neemcie(f): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
TeamSimple:
If am to judge by the contributions of some christians on any religious thread, considering Christianity will never cross my mind. They just have a very negative approach to what they intend to pass across (The Gospel). So arrogant and hypocrite. Even on threads that does not concern them (like this present thread) they still hang around to make nuisance of themselves,thinking they know the religion more than its followers and theirs is a perfect 'religion'. The amazing thing is that their acts makes it easy for you to consider Islam rather than forbid it. The same way they kept preaching to me and persuading me to become a christian when I was a free soul while castigating other religious beliefs(Islam expecialy). But instead their preachings made me more interested in Islam than the christianity product they came to sell to me. I began research about Islam while I also listened to their (christianity) preachings objectively. Before I new it I made my deicision on 1st of January 2008 and ever since then have never left out a single solat. Alhamdulilah am a Muslim. I don't care the blasphemy and mischief they make towards the religion,all I know is have found inner peace and so has my family. Allahu Akbar.
Alhamdulillah!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Lukay99: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bluffly:

I'm a christian but I can tell you that women are not relegated to the background in Islam but if you see it that way and want to know the reason I will tell you. It is simply to avoid distractions and keep pure minds before their Allah. Do you know what goes n in churches today, when women wear extreme tight fitted outfits and her dancing in front of men? Think about it

I'm a Muslim and I wanna say a big thank you for your above statement wish most of our Christians brothers n sisters can be as tolerant as you are thanks once again
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by 12month: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
How does this pays people's bills or put food on the table?

Make I hear better thing biko undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / President buhari attends Juma'at prayers / Meet The Five Judges Who Will Decide Tinubu’s, Atiku’s, Obi’s Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.