Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Do Pentecostals Worship Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pentecostals Worship Money? (1659 Views)

ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism / Are Pentecostals Really Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2009
the craze for money in pentecostal churches is alarming .Their sermons are all about money ,tithe and prosperity ,fellow nairalanders what do u think, do pentecostals worship money?
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by SirJohn(m): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2009
I can say with absolute vertainty that not all of them do, unfortunately the ones that do seem to have stolen the whole show. Why not, they're super rich, rich enough to run a 24hr sattelite TV station, rich enough to buy airtime from major sattelite TV like TBN and GOD TV; thats why they're the ones we see. But I tell you, like in the days of Elijah, God will always reserve men who fear and worship him sincerely.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by AKO1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
So Sir John are you implying that all those who can afford all that worship money?
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by SirJohn(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2009
No sir, I'm only saying most of them are popular. I'm talking about the likes of leroy thompson, creflo dollar, Benny hinn and our own Oyaks
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by KunleOshob(m): 11:33am On Mar 17, 2009
Whilst not all pentecostal churches worship money, i submit that there is a very wide knowlegde gap in most pentecostal ministries as their pastors are usually poorly trained(six months part time bible school compared to five years full timeĀ  in well established theological instituitions by orthodox churches). They tend to spiritualize the least things due to there lack of understanding and knowledge and they have a penchant to misquote the bible out of context sometimes deliberately and sometimes due to lack of knowledge or poor training on biblical issues.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by Tonyet1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
@poster,

they dont worship money, have you ever come across the scripture that says "money answers all things?" if u havent yet ask me i'll give you the portion

secondly,

coming on air aint mean they have all the moneys as ya'll think, i still believe that the media has really helped propagate our gospel, if 10 souls are saved on a simple one-one outreach, then 10000 is saved via the media

so b4 we start phinking that this men are all on bulks lets pause and give a rethink

bless you!
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by KunleOshob(m): 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2009
It is actually the unscriptural prosperity preachers that worship money along with their ignorant congregation. Not all pentecostal churches focus on prosperity though. But most of them love money as evidenced in their manipulating scriptures in order to collect tithes, seed sowing, first fruits, thanksgiving, faith offerings e.t.c from their congregation.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 18, 2009
@pentecostals abroad

I just want to know if pentecostals abroad are as materialistic as their Nigerian counterparts or is itjust peculiar to Nigeria alone?
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by sistajay(f): 8:08am On Mar 18, 2009
KunleOshob:

It is actually the unscriptural prosperity preachers that worship money along with their ignorant congregation. Not all pentecostal churches focus on prosperity though. But most of them love money as evidenced in their manipulating scriptures in order to collect tithes, seed sowing, first fruits, thanksgiving, faith offerings e.t.c from their congregation.

I so agree with you here, so hard to find the right church these days that don't focus on prosperity.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2009
i havw always wondered why is it that the pentecostals can't come together to form one church since they have similar beliefs and practices.uniting under one umbrella would exert some form of controls in the church
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by JJYOU: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
most of you spend an average of 60hrs every week working for money what worship is better than that? you dont see it that way do you?
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by KunleOshob(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2009
chukwudi44:

i havw always wondered why is it that the pentecostals can't come together to form one church since they have similar beliefs and practices.uniting under one umbrella would exert some form of controls in the church

Coming together under one umberrella would defeat their purpose and motive of starting the church in the first instance. Cos every one wants to be the GO so they can have control over the churches finances. if they come together it would mean giving up their empires and earthly kingdoms. infact the reason why so many of them go and start their own churches is becos they want to be the one who controls the churches finances.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by marvisjoy: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2009
Did i hear you saying coming together?my brother it will never be possible cos they enjoyed be called G.O or G.S and also PAPA while their wives are MAMAS.I based in warri just come and see the attrocities here.
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by KunleOshob(m): 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2009
marvis joy:

Did i hear you saying coming together?my brother it will never be possible cos they enjoyed be called G.O or G.S and also PAPA while their wives are MAMAS.I based in warri just come and see the attrocities here.

Matthew 23:6-10:
6And they take pleasure in and [thus] love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues,
7And to be greeted with honor in the marketplaces and to have people call them rabbi.

8But you are not to be called rabbi (teacher), for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers.

9And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father(daddy), for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.

10And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Please note the highlighted in red is my own contribution
Re: Do Pentecostals Worship Money? by MrCrackles(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
Topic/Poster

How would i know?!

(1) (Reply)

Does He Answer Prayers Too? / Pope Condemns Gay Marriage - Says It's "Unnatural" And A Threat To Peace / Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.