Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA (33760 Views)

Okere-urhobo Festival Of Unity, Warri 2017. / Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
i am a free spirit. and technology is not culture. its just that, technology. culture is paying dowry to marry or running around with cutlasses and skulls or in the case of yorubas, eyo festival and prostrating on the floor to greet people etc wink
Technology in Nigeria is from the Western world,it's from a Western mind,initiative,civilization and culture. They go together. Is English language also technology?
So hitting your head on the ground for allah is not a culture and religion from the middle east? Maybe cos Eyo festival is not practiced by whites. Technology did not fall from the sky,it started with people's attempt at producing what is necessary to survive in their environment. So phone,fridge,air conditioner, suits, etc is a Western culture. Even the Eyo mask and Ohafia warriors,prostrating on the floor has its equivalents all over the world.
Free being my foot!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Technology in Nigeria is from the Western world,it's from a Western mind,initiative,civilization and culture. They go together. Is English language also technology?
Is hitting your head on the ground for allah not a culture and religion from the middle east? Maybe cos Eyo festival is not practiced by whites. Technology did not fall from the sky,it started with people's attempt at producing what is necessary to survive in their environment. So phone,fridge,air conditioner, suits, etc is a Western culture. Even the Eyo mask and Ohafia warriors has its equivalents all over the world.
Free being my foot!
God is the one who created technology. he just gives it to people to use. technology is from Gods mind not mans mind. trust me, i know this. people think the bible is a book of mythology. it is a book of alchemy and astronomy and astrotheology. so do not assign technology to man. before the white man got all that technology, black people had it first. go and read about ancient egypt. they were building pyramids and had all kinds of high science. but empires devolve and people creep back into darkness and history gets re-written and the LORD endows another empire with all the tools to rule the world. the world goes through cycles. there is the dark ages and the enlightened ages. right now we are creeping into the enlightened age. scripture says knowledge shall increase
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
God is the one who created technology. he just gives it to people to use. technology is from Gods mind not mans mind. trust me, i know this. people think the bible is a book of mythology. it is a book of alchemy and astronomy and astrotheology. so do not assign technology to man. before the white man got all that technology, black people had it first. go and read about ancient egypt. they were building pyramids and had all kinds of high science
They were building pyramids. Your yoruba people were building pyramids? You are a confused soul. You are a free being but now relying on God's holy bible to cover up your ignorance?
As far as i know the old testament is about the lifestyle,culture of a group of people and their relationship with God. Why use the bible to cover up? Free being indeed!
Listen,technology doesn't exist in a vaccum. It takes discipline and years to build something.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

They were building pyramids. Your yoruba people were building pyramids? You are a confused soul. You are a free being but now relying on God's holy bible to cover up your ignorance?
As far as i know the old testament is about the lifestyle,culture of a group of people and their relationship with God. Why use the bible to cover up? Free being indeed!
Listen,technology doesn't exist in a vaccum. It takes discipline and years to build something.
well yes yoruba people were building pyramids in ancient egypt. many of the ancient egyptians are the yorubas of today. and yes i am very ignorant without the wisdom endowed on me from the merciful and benevolent YAH, i operate under the auspices and tutelage of YAH without which I am an ignorant ignoramus, and technology is from God not from man. man is a vessel being used by God.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
well yes yoruba people were building pyramids in ancient egypt. many of the ancient egyptians are the yorubas of today. and yes i am very ignorant without the wisdom endowed on me from the merciful and benevolent YAH, i operate under the auspices and tutelage of YAH without which I am an ignorant ignoramus, and technology is from God not from man. man is a vessel being used by God.
Now you are talking trash! Free beings don't rely on any historical or religious books, quit referencing the bible and talk for yourself!
Did you not see Israeli and Egyptians cultures/festivals including dowry in the scriptures.
Why do you value other culture than your own? I see why tribalism strongly appeals to you.
You are one of those fooli-sh beings that will castigate Amadioha and Sango but embrace Thor without considering the fact that they are the same thing.
Those people that will snub the words of their elders but will readily accept anything Obama says.
Don't bring in the Bible here,cos it's about different cultures too.:p
If you are vessel,you should be building technology in Nigeria. I doubt God uses Staunch Tribalist anywhere.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
Which ancient yoruba people were Egyptians lmao? Last time i checked, both Yoruba,Fulani,Ewe, Akan,Fante,Nupe, Igbo are more related in every ramification.:p
Last time i also checked, ancient egyptian language is an afroasiatic language. :/:x:p
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
Am waiting for you to say that the Bible is not based on the lifestyle/culture of a group of people. Or that the builders of the great pyramids did not operate under a culture. No human civilization exist without culture.
You shouldn't be referencing them,try again!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Now you are talking trash! Free beings don't rely on any historical or religious books, quit referencing the bible and talk for yourself!
Did you not see Israeli and Egyptians cultures/festivals including dowry in the scriptures.
Why do you value other culture than your own? I see why tribalism strongly appeals to you.
You are one of those fooli-sh beings that will castigate Amadioha and Sango but embrace Thor without considering the fact that they are the same thing.
Those people that will snub the words of their elders but will readily accept anything Obama says.
Don't bring in the Bible here,cos it's about different cultures too.:p
If you are vessel,you should be building technology in Nigeria. I doubt God uses Staunch Tribalist anywhere.
the bible is not a religious book. thats the lie you have been told. it is a book of many hidden secrets. it is a spiritual book. deep secrets are hidden in that text. and the bible is not a cultural book either. what you perceive to be culture are esotreric and allegorical presentations based on how the prophets know humans will be living today, but rest assured it is a spiritual book and not a carnal book about the exploits of a people. it is a powerful text. full of hidden manna. and amadioha and sango and thor are just names given to specific powers of God. amadioha is lightening. sango is iron. thor is judgement aka the hammer. its like zoning in on the different powers and not the entire range of Gods power. and with regards to building technology in nigeria, black people are still under punishment. but our time to shine will come, so in the meantime we try not to despise the day of small beginnings
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Which ancient yoruba people were Egyptians lmao? Last time i checked, both Yoruba,Fulani,Ewe, Akan,Fante,Nupe, Igbo are more related in every ramification.:p
Last time i also checked, ancient egyptian language is an afroasiatic language. :/:x:p
so you dont know we all migrated to west africa from the northeastern region ? from that israel-egypt region in ancient times ? better go and read up on it. we are the biblical israelites. the biblical egyptians. us. negros.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Am waiting for you to say that the Bible is not based on the lifestyle/culture of a group of people. Or that the builders of the great pyramids did not operate under a culture. No human civilization exist without culture.
You shouldn't be referencing them,try again!
the bible is not really a cultural book. there is no cultural musings in the text, and all those people in it are not who they really are. adam is not a human being and neither is abraham or sarah. they represent nations of people. the bible tells you these are symbolic stories. you have to know how to read the txt.

galatians 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
<< BIBLE TELLS YOU ABRHAM DOES NOT EXIST. THE STORY IS ALLEGORY. I SUGGEST YOU CHECK YOUR DICTIONARY FOR THE MEANING OF ALLEGORY
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
the bible is not a religious book. thats the lie you have been told. it is a book of many hidden secrets. it is a spiritual book. deep secrets are hidden in that text. and the bible is not a cultural book either. what you perceive to be culture are esotreric and allegorical presentations based on how the prophets know humans will be living today, but rest assured it is a spiritual book and not a carnal book about the exploits of a people. it is a powerful text. full of hidden manna. and amadioha and sango and thor are just names given to specific powers of God. amadioha is lightening. sango is iron. thor is judgement aka the hammer. its like zoning in on the different powers and not the entire range of Gods power. and with regards to building technology in nigeria, black people are still under punishment. but our time to shine will come, so in the meantime we try not to despise the day of small beginnings
Tell that to the wind. Allegory my foot! In that case, all the places mentioned ,people and animals, Egyptians, Pyramids, Israelis are fake and never existed.
What part of the bible are you reading? Don't tell me you didn't see the cultures and festivals that are still relevant today? Lmao!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
the bible is not really a cultural book. there is no cultural musings in the text, and all those people in it are not who they really are. adam is not a human being and neither is abraham or sarah. they represent nations of people. the bible tells you these are symbolic stories. you have to know how to read the txt.
Then there was no pyramid and no yoruba people. You are a lost soul. Get off the internet and reason like a normal human being!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Tell that to the wind. Allegory my foot! In that case, all the places mentioned ,people and animals, Egyptians, Pyramids, Israelis are fake and never existed.
What part of the bible are you reading? Don't tell me you didn't see the cultures and festivals that are still relevant today? Lmao!
Well the bible never mentioned pyramids, and yes israelis are fake. those people there are not israelis. they are converts. they are khazarian
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Then there was no pyramid and no yoruba people. You are a lost soul. Get off the internet and reason like a normal human being!
there are pyramids. the bible never speaks about pyramids tho lol. the bible is a spiritual book. it is a book about empires rising and empires falling. power loss and power gain. feast of tabernacle and feast of atonement wink
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
Well the bible never mentioned pyramids, and yes israelis are fake. those people there are not israelis. they are converts. they are khazarian
Did i reference any bible? Were you not the one referencing the bible and pyramids??:p.
A free being does not quote a historical,cultural or religious book snice you claim to live in your world. :x
Did you not come across diverse cultures and traditions when you were going through the bible??
Lmao,you will cook up anything to serve yourself from the silly embarassment you created. The Khazar or whatever don't they practice the things you listed?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
there are pyramids. the bible never speaks about pyramids tho lol. the bible is a spiritual book. it is a book about empires rising and empires falling. power loss and power gain. feast of tabernacle and feast of atonement wink
If they are fake people. Are Egyptians fake people? Are the Arabs and the entire middle east fake. You would have said the bible is also fake. Ara di na odi na odi!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
Empire? The Empire in Jupiter or on earth? Stop confusing your damn skulls. Every thing the bible talked about can be seen on earth today including the places it mentioned.
Feast of tabanacle? Is it a Nigerian culture? Abi Middle eastern stuff?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Did i reference any bible? Were you not the one referencing the bible and pyramids??:p.
A free being does not quote a historical,cultural or religious book snice you claim to live in your world. :x
Did you not come across diverse cultures and traditions when you were going through the bible??
Lmao,you will cook up anything to serve yourself from the silly embarassment you created. The Khazar or whatever don't they practice the things you listed?
ok let me correct myself, when i say i am a free-being, i mean i am not bound by the cultures and traditions of men, however i am bound by the laws of the bible. and they are good laws. do not kill is a very good law to have lmao. dont you think ? as well as several other laws like do not be a homosexual etc etc. the khazars in israel today calling themselves israelis ? i dont know what they practice. they dont believe in the bible though. they believe in a book called the talmud wink
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

If they are fake people. Are Egyptians fake people? Are the Arabs and the entire middle east fake. You would have said the bible is also fake. Ara di na odi na odi!
ahhhhh your ignorance is alarming. please pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of allegory. it doesnt mean people did not exist. its just using symbolic expression to convey messages. * sigh * cry
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Empire? The Empire in Jupiter or on earth? Stop confusing your damn skulls. Every thing the bible talked about can be seen on earth today including the places it mentioned.
Feast of tabanacle? Is it a Nigerian culture? Abi Middle eastern stuff?
empires on earth, you know ? egyptian then babylonian then medopersian then greek then roman then europeans then american. yeah those empires. one falls and nother rises. i suggest you read the book of daniel chapter 2 and chapter 7 in its enntirety undecided
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
empires on earth, you know ? egyptian then babylonian then medopersian then greek then roman then europeans then american. yeah those empires. one falls and nother rises. i suggest you read the book of daniel chapter 2 and chapter 7 in its enntirety undecided
Stop confusing yourself. You have been ranting that the things in the bible are not real. Why are you now referencing the greeks and roman. By the way, Daniel is not the only portion of the Bible.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
ahhhhh your ignorance is alarming. please pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of allegory. it doesnt mean people did not exist. its just using symbolic expression to convey messages. * sigh * cry
The bible talks about real people with blood in their veins with their lifestyles and culture. Stop trying to sound intelligent cos you are not!
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Stop confusing yourself. You have been ranting that the things in the bible are not real. Why are you now referencing the greeks and roman. By the way, Daniel is not the only portion of the Bible.
once again, pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of allegory. only then will your blindness be cured. allegory does not mean things are not real. it just means they are not what you think they are
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

The bible talks about real people with blood in their veins with their lifestyles and culture. Stop trying to sound intelligent cos you are not!
what real people does it talk about ? adam and eve and a talking snake ? and cutting open a mans ribs to make a woman ? dont make me laugh
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
ok let me correct myself, when i say i am a free-being, i mean i am not bound by the cultures and traditions of men, however i am bound by the laws of the bible. and they are good laws. do not kill is a very good law to have lmao. dont you think ? as well as several other laws like do not be a homosexual etc etc. the khazars in israel today calling themselves israelis ? i dont know what they practice. they dont believe in the bible though. they believe in a book called the talmud wink
First of all,you mentioned that your free being has nothing to do with the Bible. Why are you now messing up yourself by talking about the bible. Secondly,you now say you live under the law of the Bible? Don't you realise that both the Bible,Tamud, Quran covers the middle eastern life and culture to an extent the bible of the present European countries? Why do you think People say Igbo/yoruba come from israel? The law and cultures of the middle east is the major preoccupation of the old testament bible.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
what real people does it talk about ? adam and eve and a talking snake ? and cutting open a mans ribs to make a woman ? dont make me laugh
Am not talking about any snake or whatever. I am talking about real human beings that were mentioned in the Bible. You are bound by a book that you have no idea what it's all about.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Am not talking about any snake or whatever. I am talking about real human beings that were mentioned in the Bible. You are bound by a book that you have no idea what it's all about.
just go check the meaning of allegory already. what does it mean ?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
once again, pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of allegory. only then will your blindness be cured. allegory does not mean things are not real. it just means they are not what you think they are
You have been so ignorant for too long that you are now calling others ignorant! Daniel is not the only part of the Bible for God sake.
Why do you believe in some allegorical tales from the middle east?
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

First of all,you mentioned that your free being has nothing to do with the Bible. Why are you now messing up yourself by talking about the bible. Secondly,you now say you live under the law of the Bible? Don't you realise that both the Bible,Tamud, Quran covers the middle eastern life and culture to an extent the bible of the present European countries? Why do you think People say Igbo/yoruba come from israel? The law and cultures of the middle east is the major preoccupation of the old testament bible.
geez your ignorance is astounding. the biblical scrolls have been around since the days of the egyptian empire before there was ever a european country or middle-east
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You have been so ignorant for too long that you are now calling others ignorant! Daniel is not the only part of the Bible for God sake.
Why do you believe in some allegorical tales from the middle east?
the bible has been in existence before the middle-east was formed. the biblical scrolls have been around since the ancient egyptian empire. what are ya drunk ? are you drunk ? shocked grin
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by Ihuomadinihu: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
sukkot:
just go check the meaning of allegory already. what does it mean ?
You are the only one treating every part of the bible as an allegorical book.
Re: Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA by sukkot: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You are the only one treating every part of the bible as an allegorical book.
the bible is an allegorical book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Locked Gate Of Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / High Chief, Fatai Olumegbon Is Dead / Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.