Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? (14609 Views)

Is Nose Piercing Permitted In Corporate Nigeria? / Corporate Nigeria Vs Corporate America: Share your experiences please / Who Is Your Role Model? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Orobert: 12:48am On Mar 24, 2009
Femi Otedola

Jimoh Ibrahim

Aliko Dangote

Ogbogu Kalu
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by jembu: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2009
SOLUDO is the man! 1st degree Nsukka, 2nd degree Nsukka, Ph.d Nsukka. Professorial Nsukka. Chei! our homegrown Soludo. No be all these combination of harvard and cambridge. The chief packager of the nigerian economy. proponent and executor of the banking conSOLUDOtion ideology. After these consolidation, no sector of the nigerian economy, i repeat no sector has employed like the banking sector in contemporary nigeria! and he is still doing more amidst criticism (bad bele nigerians wey no like anything good from Nazareth una go dey criticize, im go from there go World bank or UN like im sisters dem). Afterall UN don appoint the guy as part of eight-man committee on global financial crisis (the only african representative). Official rate of dollar as at 3days ago was N145 as reported by thisday. They said he is now achieving the aim of revaluing the naira. My people have a saying "onye fe eze, eze eru ya naka", meaning"he who honours a king gets the kings' honour in return." you can now imagine why i would attribute these litany of lines to my own brother soludo. He is extaordinary and enigmatic. All those men Ovia, Ibrus, Elumelus among others are just a by-product of his achievements merely playing out the Governors' script. "Chukwuma idikwa egwu" You are too much!

Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by jembu: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2009
Or my people cant you see how soludo like Wenger is standing taller than others. In short, it is just Soludo, then others. dont feel bad my brother your time too will surely come
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by lexdino: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2009
I dont believe in role modelism. why will i want to be like someone else? is the person perfect? is he or she God?
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by lexdino: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2009
I dont believe in role modelism. why will i want to be like someone else? is the person perfect? is he or she God? angry
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
lexdino:

I dont believe in role modelism. why will i want to be like someone else? is the person perfect? is he or she God? angry
Nobody said anything about being perfect.
But it's good to identify people who have achieved and see how you can learn from them in your own life walk.
Although most of the people listed here are not achievers in any way but crooks, opportunists, and hypocrites.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by okamal(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2009
Very funny, some guys are mentioning their parent names and govn'rs while the poster put clause 'your role model in corperate organisation' well, as for me i go for GURU HIMSELF guess who? hhmm is nobody but MR JIM OVIA of the great bank in naija. I also go for my able and disciplined GM-IT dept of zenithbank, my BOSS ohimai.we guys in the dept loves u so much. HE thought many things in IT FIELD. HE made us to be relevant and recognised any where we go.though via lots of pressure and stress thats why zenithbank IT dept standout among its rivals from other institution.NO be MOUTH, THATS MINE OOOO . SAY UR OWN DONT BEEF MY BOSSES AND MY ORG.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by IGWEUSA(m): 2:24am On Apr 02, 2009
MR PASCAL DOZIE!
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2009
Where are the women?
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 01, 2009
okamal:

Very funny, some guys are mentioning their parent names and govn'rs while the poster put clause 'your role model in corperate organisation' well, as for me i go for GURU HIMSELF guess who? hhmm is nobody but MR JIM OVIA of the great bank in naija. I also go for my able and disciplined GM-IT dept of zenithbank, my BOSS ohimai.we guys in the dept loves u so much. HE thought many things in IT FIELD. HE made us to be relevant and recognised any where we go.though via lots of pressure and stress thats why zenithbank IT dept standout among its rivals from other institution.NO be MOUTH, THATS MINE OOOO . SAY UR OWN DONT BEEF MY BOSSES AND MY ORG.
Bros, when we talk of 'The Guru' in corporate Nigeria today, only one person has been 'licensed' to answer; MIKE ADENUGA!
When you asked us to guess who the guru was, I expected to see MIKE. If Jim himself is asked who the guru is, he will tell you Mike Adenuga.

Mike Adenuga is officially 'The Guru' and 'The Bull' of corporate Nigeria, and to me, he's the most fearless risk taker in Nigerian economy.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by david22uu(m): 12:33am On May 24, 2010
ADEBAYO OGUNLESI, the owner of gatwick airport in UK and alsoo theowner of more that 3 power stations in the US. I no sure Dangote rich the guy even
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by silami(m): 12:40am On May 24, 2010
Pastor Kumuyi
Adenuga
Dangote
Kase Lawal
Ribadu
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:55am On May 24, 2010
silami:

Pastor Kumuyi
Adenuga
Dangote
Kase Lawal
Ribadu

Alas!! more proof church in nigeria are corporate entities declaring profit and loss grin
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:58am On May 24, 2010
Jarus:

Bros, when we talk of 'The Guru' in corporate Nigeria today, only one person has been 'licensed' to answer; MIKE ADENUGA!
When you asked us to guess who the guru was, I expected to see MIKE. If Jim himself is asked who the guru is, he will tell you Mike Adenuga.

Mike Adenuga is officially 'The Guru' and 'The Bull' of corporate Nigeria, and to me, he's the most fearless risk taker in Nigerian economy.

Yea I cant wait for this Guru to try his skills in other markets outside nigeria/Africa you know where people actually pay tax and follow some sort of 'law'
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:59am On May 24, 2010
david22uu:

ADEBAYO OGUNLESI, the owner of gatwick airport in UK and alsoo theowner of more that 3 power stations in the US. I no sure Dangote rich the guy even

See Bandwagon effect you read about a man some few months back in a nigerian newspaper all of a sudden he is your hero

Dangote is actually richer than him
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Dozita(m): 1:20am On May 24, 2010
you just have to give it to the GTBank dude, Fola Adeola. He created something that stands out from the rest.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by mbulela: 1:29am On May 24, 2010
Nda Paschal Dozie
Atedo Peterside

I thought i posted on this thread in the past.I can't be arsed to cross check,besides i doubt my new post contradicts a previous one. These do are men i admire.I know they are not perfect, i dobt anyone is,besides i am too imperfect to seek one.
Beyond media hype and fraudulent wealth, they have made their marks.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by mbulela: 1:32am On May 24, 2010
Dozita:

you just have to give it to the GTBank dude, Fola Adeola. He created something that stands out from the rest.

i respect that man.He has done well on many fronts.
unlike many Nigerians he quit without being pushed and his creation has not only stood, it has waxed stronger.
No scandals, no cooked up anual reports, no romancing PDP or army generals and always making sense every time he opens his mouth to talk.
After the barbarians at the gate have been dealt with, such men shall be key to the transformation of the Nigerian economy and society.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Dozita(m): 1:53am On May 24, 2010
mbulela:

i respect that man.He has done well on many fronts.
unlike many Nigerians he quit without being pushed and his creation has not only stood, it has waxed stronger.
No scandals, no cooked up anual reports, no romancing PDP or army generals and always making sense every time he opens his mouth to talk.
After the barbarians at the gate have been dealt with, such men shall be key to the transformation of the Nigerian economy and society.
i consider those fellows the most respectable bank in nigeria. hell,those guys are in best in EVERY respect and if not for the corrupt nature of our country, they would long have been duly recognised as the clear leader of the pack,clearly ahead of zenith, intercontinental and the so-called first generation banks. now i strongly believe UBA is the most over-rated. their workers make you feel like you're a vermin.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by maimalari: 2:37am On May 24, 2010
my role models are all these modern Church managing directors, Mr Enoch Adeboye, Mr Kumuyi, Mr David Oyedepo.e.t.c.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Youngichou(m): 5:02am On May 24, 2010
I still herald my little advice to some people on nairaland please read before you comment and pls rather than post rubbish log out and save us all some bandwidth.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Adechyno(m): 5:58am On May 24, 2010
Prof. Attiaru Jega ( V.C Bayero University, Kano).
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by ime2010: 6:02am On May 24, 2010
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is my role model
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by magana(m): 7:12am On May 24, 2010
Before the Bank crises I used to have a lot of them, but now you never can tell with these guys
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by uncleBee2(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2010
CHECK OUT THE GUINNESS GLT GUINNESS LEADERSHIP TEAM
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by megastu(m): 7:36am On May 24, 2010
JAMES IBORI FOR ME; Shadow Director, Notore Chemicals, Acquitane Oil etc grin
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54am On May 24, 2010
mine is JIMOH IBRAHIM. I have got close contact with him infact we go to the same church. he is indeed a unique entrepreneur.
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by flolimited: 8:03am On May 24, 2010
i will pick 3
1 Mike adenuga
2 Aliko dangote
3 Jimoh ibrahim
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by flolimited: 8:07am On May 24, 2010
1 mike adenuga because he dared the foregin communication gaint and is wisdom in investor in the most sensitive and lucrative sector of the economy,,,oil and gas,,banking and telecommunictaion

2 Aliko dangote because he turned a 1 shop bizness to an empire and is rated the richest black man in the world

3 jimoh ibrahim because he is a ris taker and has d resuurection power to rivive bizness dt re going down the drain,

these re my corp role model
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by Iyineda(m): 8:11am On May 24, 2010
Mike Adenuga
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by frankoko(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2010
flolimited:

i will pick 3
1 Mike adenuga
2 Aliko dangote
3 Jimoh ibrahim

dont forget Larry Izamoje - Chairman/CEO Brila Fm Lagos And Abuja
Re: Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? by soty(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2010
MUTIU SUNMUNO MD,Country chair Shell Nigeria

Lets no forget him. Running a company that large with a bad reputation coming under constant attacks,i think the guy does great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Help My Mum Retrieve Her Pension / Oyo State TESCOM CBT Updated Past Questions & Answers PDF / FAAN Reverses Reduction In Staff Salary For May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.