Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Desperate For A Husband. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate For A Husband. (62151 Views)

Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications / When Guys Are Desperate For Sex, Check Out Hilarious Stuff They Say / "I Need A Husband" - A 26-Years-Old Nurse Posted On Facebook (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Desperate for a husband

For many years i never knew how ladies in their very late 20s,early 30s and late 30s feel when it comes to the issue of settling down with a man until recently when i had the cause to really get close to many of them.

Yes many of them will always insist that marriage is the least of their worries but deep inside,most of them are hoping desperately to have a man to settle down with and my acquaintanceship with some of them made me decide to write this short piece hoping that when they see and read it,they will come to understand that their desperation is self inflicted and until they learn to put themselves at a vantage point,they will only hope and wish for a long time that a man comes their way.

I have witnessed many deliverance session for ladies all in the name of looking for a husband but after a close look i come to realize that they are their own problems and this is as a result of the society that have brainwashed them and rather than dealing with the problems,they end up running from from one prophet to another and from one deliverance service to another and some have become a shadow of themselves as they turn to emergency sister dressing like masquerades,going without earrings,make up and even on low cut all in the name of looking for a man.

Please when next you see such ladies,help me inform them that deliverance won't solve their problems and even when we know that there are spiritual hindrance to getting a spouse,most times what we need is a re orientation of our minds,ways of life and culture.

1.Many ladies will not say yes to a man if you are not ready to do traditional wedding,legal wedding,white wedding,blue wedding... Please tell me how easy you expect to find a man in this harsh economy.

2.As an Igbo lady,you are naturally at risk unless you drive it into your man's ear that in your own family they don't ask a man for crazy bride price otherwise you will only see men come into your life without discussing marriage and you will think its a curse from the village but its only as a result of the funny belief that Igbo ladies are expensive to marry.

3.How many ladies can start a life with a struggling man? I guess part of the prayer point during deliverance is that GOD should bring a ready made man to propose to you.Mumu

4.Funny doctrinal belief is another hindrance and many ladies who run to conservative churches in the bid to have a man end up in more bondage.I had a lady friend in her 30s who i admire so much but she goes to one of this conservative churches and there was a time i was so sick and i was expecting her to visit but she never did and when i told her i was angry,she was so quick to say she can not visit me at home and i was like FOR REAL? Even a sick guy? i even told her that she would have at least come in company of a friend and i lost interest in the friendship instantly and i wonder how she will get a good man with that mindset.

5.Rough past is another hindrance and many ladies just believe that if a man loves them the past does not matter.

6.Lack of wife qualities is another issue and i wonder how a lady who does not have the required quality to be a mrs to a man will be desperate fore a man because even if any man comes,he will eventually leave you until you work on yourself.

The bottom line is that many ladies we see in churches today who tend to be looking for a husband are their own problems. So stop been desperate and work on your mindset and you will be surprised that in no time,a good man will walk into your life and marry you.

347 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Omotayor123(f): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmm.. My main man grin

So on point.. You talk wisdom.

Wow... FTC on FP..grin All thanks to Toks.

Make I dedicate this victory to Introvert my paditongue

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Well sometimes you can't blame the ladies.

There are some factors which you listed above that they have little or no control over.

Like the issue of bride price in the east.

I'm not from the east but what I could gather is that this bride price is more like a tradition to them and they can't start changing it. Most of the time the women are not allowed to have a say in the matter and that is how they lose prospective husbands.

The family members don't care about the effect this bride price issue of a thing is affecting their girls.

You see a very beautiful woman who is still single simply because her family has put a very high price on her head and no man is ready to come and pay such an amount to get married to her.

As for some of the other points,,the women who are guilty of it should better change.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Omotayor123:
Hmm.. My main man grin

So on point..

Tayo abeg no comment for my thread again. You are anti social.

You want me to beg you before you communicate abi. You know i won't.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by sinaj(f): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
thread not for me wink

treks to Phone forum tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
sinaj:
thread not for me wink

treks to Phone forum tongue

Corrected* You look beautiful in your profile picture

cc: tunnamania11
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Omotayor123(f): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Toks2008:

Tayo abeg no comment for my thread again. You are anti social.

You want me to beg you before you communicate abi. You know i won't.
Chai... Wetin I do you na No vex for me Biko...
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by ronald4lif(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
There are potential husbands everywhere and when they're ready to get married they will. They keep waiting for ready-made guys whose heart belong somewhere else, prolly to a loyal lady who stood by them through thick and thin.

Except if they want to tell us those bus drivers, conductors, unemployed graduates and those earning less than 50K a month aren't good enough. Then they can as well mould a Dangote and Tony Elumelu replica for themselves.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
ronald4lif:
There are potential husbands everywhere and when they're ready to get married they will. They keep waiting for ready-made guys whose heart belong somewhere else, prolly to a loyal lady who stood by them through thick and thin.

Except if they want to tell us those bus drivers, conductors, unemployed graduates and those earning less than 50K a month aren't good enough. Then they can as well mould a Dangote and Tony Elumelu replica for themselves.
The bolded got me......gringringringrin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jamex93(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
kai

God bless this ryter

to crown it all old single ladies r the source of their own problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by sinaj(f): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Your picture is beautiful
thak you kiss
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by wrongnumber: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

There are some factors which you listed above that they have little or no control over.

I'm not from the east but what I could gather is that this bride price is more like a tradition to them and they can't start changing it. Most of the time the women are not allowed to have a say in the matter and that is how they lose prospective husbands.

The family members don't care about the effect this bride price issue of a thing is affecting their girls.

You see a very beautiful woman who is still single simply because her family has put a very high price on her head and no man is ready to come and pay such an amount to get married to her.

As for some of the other points,,the women who are guilty of it should better change.

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by sinaj(f): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

*farts silently*

6 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by wrongnumber: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

I smell a rat. Woman admiring woman.

23 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
wrongnumber:

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.
Damn!

A typical example of what I was talking about.

Cc: Lalasticlala.

4 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by wrongnumber: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

You deserve a cookie. So on poinr.

Many of them will not take a second look at a conductor yet they will be fasting and praying for husband.

Don jazzy was once a buns fryer

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
sinaj:

*farts silently*
*covers Nose* angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by odeku457(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Johnnoah1st: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
2.As an Igbo lady,you are naturally at risk unless you drive it into your man's ear that in your own family they don't ask a man for crazy bride price otherwise you will only see men come into your life without discussing marriage and you will think its a curse from the village

This part really got me cracked up.... grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Dragonking: 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
3.How many ladies can start a life with a struggling man? I guess part of the prayer point during deliverance is that GOD should bring a ready made man to propose to you.Mumu

This is what most of them want. They are all waiting for a super rich guy that will spend heavily to satisfy that ever money hungry needs. Naija women, change ur ways!!!! angry

6 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
You were making sense until no 2.

"Igbos" are not expensive. The bride price paid to the bride's family is returned to the man in a 9 out of 10 situation (the bride price paid in the head of each of my 3 sisters were all returned)

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Omotayor123:

Chai... Wetin I do you na No vex for me Biko...

You dey ask abi.continue asking.

Just thank God that you are intellectually sound else i for write you something but honestlyyou are acting in an anti social manner and i expect something better from you.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by 20bc(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by SimpleVili: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Which mod bring this thing come fp? We don tire for this kind story abeg

36 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by tola9ja: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
JUST PASSING BY

8 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by hemartins(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
ok
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by pTomz(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Simple

MARRIED MEN ARE MANY
BUT HUSBANDS ARE FEW

12 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by amosade30(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Gurgle:

done !
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by chibwike(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
Guys are very important..

I wonder why we are even asking these ladies out in the first place.

leave them..when they get to 30+, they'd look for us.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Shaadey: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
hmmmm.....am short of wOrds
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by willian10: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
i dey come

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. / Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / A Game For Romancelanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.