Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Desperate For A Husband. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate For A Husband. (62224 Views)

Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications / When Guys Are Desperate For Sex, Check Out Hilarious Stuff They Say / "I Need A Husband" - A 26-Years-Old Nurse Posted On Facebook (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:16am On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

What happened in my family cant be lie like I reported it and I am Igbo.

You don't stand a chance if we are to count instances where my position holds sway.

The Op tried to paint every igbo brides family as money-grabbers (that's what I can make of No 2 point) of which the onus is on me to correct that false notion (stereotype)

Those gluttons are of infinitesimal size and I say this authoritatively.

My Igbo ladies deserves some respect.

Please help me tell them!

So from the whole Igbo territory, from Opobo to Nsukka, he concluded that all bride-prices are the same?! We don't even all use the same greeting, for goodness sake. So how did he reach that conclusion
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 6:18am On Jul 31, 2015
AXYZ:

We have this general belief that they are expensive. I think it's either your inlaws are rich or they stay somewhere in the Southwest.

Huawei who are we?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2015
And by the way, all those people saying that marriage is not compulsory, not by force, not a must, please stop deceiving yourselves or looking for who to deceive, of course it is

Are you telling me that a woman/man who stays single throughout life in Nigeria will be respected as much as somebody who is married?

People have even been overlooked for political posts because they have not married on time. Can you imagine that

I knew I was going to get annoyed, that's why I was avoiding this thread

Why are people posting nonsense? Is it to resemble the West or what

5 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jaybee3(m): 6:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

I never said you could be completely anonymous, just that I wouldn't cement it by uploading a picture

I am ok with most of the OPs points but some of them are too general and I have already had long arguments about some of them but anyway:

1. Yeah people should cut cloth according to their size, so women shouldn't be too demanding or if they want all those wedding ceremonies they should be willing to contribute. Personally I am only interested in traditional marriage, and I would try to help fund it since I know the whole thing mostly concerns me

The issue of choosing an acceptable or preferential method of tying the knot largely has nothing to do with women or their inconsiderate demands.

The law doesn't necessarily recognise religion/traditional wedding so court wedding is needed by default in order to safeguard marriage rights

Nigeria is a very religious country and thus guided by holy books. It's not unrealistic to expect the parents to expect their kids to be joined in holy matrimony or whatever they call it

Then you have the traditional wedding ish which usually doubles up as formal gathering/introduction between the two family

As much as it seems excessive, marriage is a one time thing and the couples can cut cost by not making it wholly extravagant. They can also schedule it with enough spread in between so it doesn't become financially draining (Although this is a bit risky if the interval is to much as people are known to change their minds at will)

Gurgle:

2. Not all Igbo ladies are naturally at risk. I hate it when people use this bride price thing against Igbos; everybody knows how decentralised Igbo people are so if you have a custom in one Igbo clan it doesn't necessarily apply to another clan. I agree that some clans are very extortionate but not all are, for example my place is not. And if you know your area is like that, or the area the lady is from will ask for a lot of things then why not prepare in advance instead of coming on here to complain

I don't believe issues of bride price with my Igbo sisters is the main reason why they aren't getting married at the so called acceptable time period.
It has more to do with availability of eligible Igbo men. Igbos have strong cultural orientation and as such almost certainly prefer to marry within their culture

Gurgle:

3. How many struggling men will continue with the same girl after they have made it, and not try to upgrade?

Men don't necessarily dump their wives as they progress in life. They usually just cheat and expect the wives to be understanding

Gurgle:

4. Whatever religion or faith you are you should try and think for yourself, especially when it comes to something as important as marriage. I don't know what kind of church OP is referring to but I guess its one of those "my pastor says this, my pastor says that" ones which I tend to think is nonsense but I may visit one of them one of these days and see if any of them has anything useful to say.

The lady he is complaining about had a belief she was trying to uphold but she could have called OP when he was still sick and explained why she didn't want to visit. Anyway OP was wrong to cut off the friendship because although she explained it late, its still a genuine reason and I think he overreacted

I agree!

Religion and faith is arguably the reason why Nigeria is as bleeped as it is today.

I still wonder how someone can expect another human being like him/her to predict the outcome of a union without having all the needed variables

Gurgle:

5. Rough past is what it is, unfortunately. After conversing with many guys on NL I can see how important it is to keep as clean as possible, though we may slip from time to time. If there is too much in your past it becomes difficult for the man to cope with

Past should never determine the future. It should always be about present with complete honesty

Gurgle:

6. Yeah we should all be working on being good wife material, definitely. Well we should just work on being good people, which makes us wife material by default

I think anyone with good core values will make a good wife/husband irrespective of tribe, ethnicty or religion

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Marriage is not compulsory and not by force. Afterall most women of today are :

Fake, Aggressive, Ill mannered, Treacherous and Hot Tempered. (Nairaland Survey). grin

Is it even worth it?

Options:

If finding a wife is not feasible, you can always adopt a child and if you are concerned about sex, you can always Swindle Fannies. Afterall, most men have been Swindling Fanny for ages and some will still Swindle while married.

If finding a husband is not feasible, you can always adopt a child/ children and if you are worried about sex, you can always Swindle Diicks. Afterall, most women have been Swindling Diicks and Some will still continue to do so even while married.

Doing the above, You will assume the status of single parents. In reality, you are not missing much because you have kids and enjoying Diicks and Fannies like those who are married.

Advantages:
No seasonal matrimonial quarell or drama
No In-law issues
No Tendency for divorce
And the list goes on.

P.S Best approach for an unmarried guy in his 40s and unmarried woman in her 35's - 40's as well.

Don't Delay. If you need where to adopt legally Pm me. grin

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by toprealman: 6:22am On Jul 31, 2015
cool
ronald4lif:
There are potential husbands everywhere and when they're ready to get married they will. They keep waiting for ready-made guys whose heart belong somewhere else, prolly to a loyal lady who stood by them through thick and thin.

Except if they want to tell us those bus drivers, conductors, unemployed graduates and those earning less than 50K a month aren't good enough. Then they can as well mould a Dangote and Tony Elumelu replica for themselves.
cool
ronald4lif:
...Then they can as well mould a Dangote and Tony Elumelu replica for themselves.
OR MAYBE 3-D PRINT THEM.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Another big reason:

No direction and focus in life, believing a man should carry all of their burden, while a woman's duty is just to makeup and roam.

These days most responsible men will pick u if you are busy doing something meaningful not necessarily for money, even if it is community service, just be useful and busy. Not a gossip gang.
Be responsible.

5 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by toprealman: 6:30am On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Please help me tell them!

So from the whole Igbo territory, from Opobo to Nsukka, he concluded that all bride-prices are the same?! We don't even all use the same greeting, for goodness sake. So how did he reach that conclusion
BRIDE PRICE IN MY VILLA IS AN INSIGNIFICANT AMOUNT.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by seeker121(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2015
3 and 6 very common .

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:
You were making sense until no 2.

"Igbos" are not expensive. The bride price paid to the bride's family is returned to the man in a 9 out of 10 situation (the bride price paid in the head of each of my 3 sisters were returned)

...That is how I was scammed. Couldn't dance well throughout after I was told that #10 was the bride price out of the #850k I dropped. I took responsibility for everything both from my side and my in laws. My expectation was that I will still have my #850k back and won't mind spending more for the main thing. I felt depressed later and even took it on my wife for few days. Seriously, I felt cheated and this took toll on my planned honey moon trip.

Be careful, there is nothing like returned of bride price

3 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by optimismlaz(m): 6:32am On Jul 31, 2015
Ladies should change their mindset, as for bridge price, a every serious suitor shd meet his intended inlaw n laise with them, n explain how he is period.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Hmmmnn, na wa oooo.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Women don SUFFER

MARRIAGE is now an OLYMPIC Game.
The TRUTH is that MOST MEN are tired of MARRIAGE.
Because some believed that Things will get better immediately they get married, unfortunately it is not so.

Most MEN are JOBLESS now, so I ask with what will they come with to MARRY these ladies...?

NOW most MEN are been relieved of their duty.

LADIES are now more FAVOURED in the labour market because of ? CUSTOMER SERVICE which most of them indulge in. With this how do you expect the guys to earn a living and marry.

I have 2 elder BROTHERS who are yet to stand firm.
One was relieved by a BANK, which is what they are known for(not reaching the target). He is devasted. This is someone that just got married few days before sack, whereby the BANK MANAGER was invited.

Now how the u expect him to see marriage.?

So LIFE is getting more difficult... NOT that we Don't have MARRIAGEABLE LADIES.
Most LADIES have Jobs, some Lucrative yet they still find it difficult getting a HUSBAND... Because 97% of AFRICAN men can't stand having a lady as BREAD WINNER while alive. So they remain single till GOD knows when.

By 2020, I foresee DISASTER, if this issue of YOUTHS unemployment is not addressed.
Most LADIES will resort to getting only Pregnant.

IF a lady really wants to know how SWEET a husband is, Just ask a WIDOW.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Women don SUFFER

MARRIAGE is now an OLYMPIC Game.
The TRUTH is that MOST MEN are tired of MARRIAGE.
Because some believed that Things will get better immediately they get married, unfortunately it is not so.

Most MEN are JOBLESS now, so I ask with what will they come with to MARRY these ladies...?

NOW most MEN are been relieved of their duty.

LADIES are now more FAVOURED in the labour market because of ? CUSTOMER SERVICE which most of them indulge in. With this how do you expect the guys to earn a living and marry.

I have 2 elder BROTHERS who are yet to stand firm.
One was relieved by a BANK, which is what they are known for(not reaching the target). He is devasted. This is someone that just got married few days before sack, whereby the BANK MANAGER was invited.

Now how the u expect him to see marriage.?

So LIFE is getting more difficult... NOT that we Don't have MARRIAGEABLE LADIES.
Most LADIES have Jobs, some Lucrative yet they still find it difficult getting a HUSBAND... Because 97% of AFRICAN men can't stand having a lady as BREAD WINNER while alive. So they remain single till GOD knows when.

By 2020, I foresee DISASTER, if this issue of YOUTHS unemployment is not addressed.
Most LADIES will resort to getting only Pregnant.

IF a lady really wants to know how SWEET it is to be married , Just ask a WIDOW.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2015
jaybee3:

The issue of choosing an acceptable or preferential method of tying the knot largely has nothing to do with women or their inconsiderate demands.

The law doesn't necessarily recognise religion/traditional wedding so court wedding is needed by default in order to safeguard marriage rights

Nigeria is a very religious country and thus guided by holy books. It's not unrealistic to expect the parents to expect their kids to be joined in holy matrimony or whatever they call it

Then you have the traditional wedding ish which usually doubles up as formal gathering/introduction between the two family

As much as it seems excessive, marriage is a one time thing and the couples can cut cost by not making it wholly extravagant. They can also schedule it with enough spread in between so it doesn't become financially draining (Although this is a bit risky if the interval is to much as people are known to change their minds at will)

Well OP said that women are trying to marry using all the ceremonies under the sun without considering whether the guy can afford it, so I was just responding to what he said. Unless youre just telling me what you think. Anyway I agree with you. Except the traditional wedding part; in my place it cant ever double up because there are too many steps. If the guy is serious he has to keep coming

jaybee3:

I don't believe issues of bride price with my Igbo sisters is the main reason why they aren't getting married at the so called acceptable time period.
It has more to do with availability of eligible Igbo men. Igbos have strong cultural orientation and as such almost certainly prefer to marry within their culture

Well if OP is Igbo then I guess so. If hes not then hes looking at it from outside

jaybee3:

Men don't necessarily dump their wives as they progress in life. They usually just cheat and expect the wives to be understanding

And what do you say about this. They still upgrade though, a lot of the time

jaybee3:

Past should never determine the future. It should always be about present with complete honesty

Past can determine the future if you don't deal with it properly and leave it to spoil in the background, thereby allowing the "smell" to leak into your present life
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Ademat7(m): 6:38am On Jul 31, 2015
omalcha:

True for Anambra state. Don't know about the other states. 95% of mine was returned too.
probably u should give us orientation about how it is cos we(yoruba) dread proposing to igbo girls,a thread on that will b ok. thank u
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by madridsta007(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.

1 million Naira!!!!

Oh boy. The father is not playing.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
But first you have to get the money and find wife from the family that returns the bride price to prove the Op wrong.

Igbos are widely travelled and I believe you know that. Take a cue from us, travel, ask questions, get first-hand information and this will get you emancipated from the slavery of stereotyping.

The No 2 point in the Op have done my Igbo sisters disservice and slanderous to their/our families as well.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Gentle2015:

...That is how I was scammed. Couldn't dance well throughout after I was told that #10 was the bride price out of the #850k I dropped. I took responsibility for everything both from my side and my in laws. My expectation was that I will still have my #850k back and won't mind spending more for the main thing. I felt depressed later and even took it on my wife for few days. Seriously, I felt cheated and this took toll on my planned honey moon trip.

But did they lie to you or did you assume that was the case, and were given a shock
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=aristosoft post=36445696]Now, I know another reason why Nigeria is so backwards, people who are supposed to think about a solution are only busy dealing with ladies who turned them down because they ain't buoyant enough.

People should get a life first. Enough of this marriage talk at FP. Please![/quote

And what is your meaning of getting a life.

www.aftatech.com
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Johnnoo(m): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I smell a rat. Woman admiring woman.

Bros you no understand? She's referring her to tunnamania11 cheesy
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by OShepherd: 6:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Dis OP reminded me of my past & present. Guy U 2 much. I did my best 2 avoid ds type of Ladies & 2day am api wit my humble queen bt focused 1 I chose but dose my EX wit d traits mentioned above r still on d streets&churches Searching&getting rustier by d day. Na wa O!. Hmmmm 2 cut d long story short, follow d OP's advice 100% & U'll tnk Ur stars!
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2015
toprealman:
BRIDE IN MY VILLA IS INSIGNIFICANT.

exactly
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 6:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Gentle2015:

From which state and town?

My father returned the bride price of my 3 in-laws. Several of my cousins parents did same. How about my friends? How many do I count?

My dad accepted only a total of 15naira on my 3 sisters head (5naira each) and what is 5naira?

Sorry for the way they exploited you notwithstanding.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by 400billionman: 6:47am On Jul 31, 2015
I will never try dating any girl who runs from one church to another again.

They have character flaws they do not want to address. I have experienced 2 such girls. They are wasting their times.

Another flaw for ladies is expecting excessive marriage expenses from suitors. Church, court, traditional marriage. One said No Sex till traditional marriage. Some have very very bad mouth. They will blame you for their mistakes. Hard of understanding.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by kunlenkirol(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2015
What goes for the goose should also go for the gander. I think guys too have a chunk of the blame. When a lady at her late 20s, 30s and even 40s is unmarried, we quickly jumb into conclusion that the fault is definitely from her. We can't say for sure. I am in no way against the opinion of the writer, he is right at the point of opinion but in actual fact it is not so and it is not always so. How can a lady know the guy that is deceiving her. Many of these ladies have experienced broken heart upon broken heart. This made them dontt want to experience it again. In this harsh economic condition, how many guys are ready to take a lady to the altar. Many guys too are not ready to marry, they Are just interested in seeing the panties of girls. I think guys too should be blamed.
In the case of igbo ladies, I don't think high price is a barrier. If u reach an understanding with ur in laws, they will allow u to do the once u can do, some in laws might even tell u to assure them that u will takia of their daughter. That is fair enough. My dear, what I am saying is that we shouldn't heep d blame on d girls.

3 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by emzila(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:
You were making sense until no 2.

"Igbos" are not expensive. The bride price paid to the bride's family is returned to the man in a 9 out of 10 situation (the bride price paid in the head of each of my 3 sisters were returned)
hey! Stop it there, the guy has just post one of the most comprehensive and real life causes of most late marriage situation of an average Nigerian lady and don't try to deny d fact that the bride price paid to marry an average igbo girl is high considering our economic situation. Your family may have a considerate arrangement on that but don't defend others. I am not an igbo man but i had spent more than a decade in igbo land and cant be brain washed. The only thin i ve noticed recently is that the reasonable and enlighten ladies who understand the situation now chose to assist their prospective husbands to cross the huddle by contributing financially toward the success of the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by bowei(m): 6:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Omotayor123:
Hmm.. My main man grin

So on point.. You talk wisdom.
Nice summation, the bride pride is the less of the problem even for a broke ass guy that wants to marry, it's the greed for ready made guys and past that hunts majority of the unmarried ladies! Some actually are genuinely wooed by veteran Casanovas and should have learnt after the euphoria of that experience
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Ademat7:
probably u should give us orientation about how it is cos we(yoruba) dread proposing to igbo girls,a thread on that will b ok. thank u

But don't you guys pay bride-prices in Yoruba land?? Why should you be dreading it
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by 400billionman: 6:53am On Jul 31, 2015
sinaj:

thak you kiss

He is deceiving you..
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2015
emzila:

hey! Stop it there, the guy has just post one of the most comprehensive and real life causes of most late marriage situation of an average Nigerian lady and don't try to deny d fact that the bride price paid to marry an average igbo girl is high considering our economic situation. Your family may have a considerate arrangement on that but don't defend others. I am not an igbo man but i had spent more than a decade in igbo land
and cant be brain washed. The only thin i ve noticed recently is that the reasonable and enlighten ladies who understand the situation now chose to assist their prospective husbands to cross the huddle by contributing financially toward the success of the marriage.

You don't hush me when I make my point. Imbibe some decorum.

My post questions the generalisation the Op's no2 made and its in sharp contrast to my side of Igbo and several other Igbo villages I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gushes Over Her Trump-Like Oyinbo Hubby, As He Grabs Her Butt / Even With My Kingsize Cassava, You Stayed Back - Nigerian Designer Tells Fiancee / 15-Year-Old Son Walks His Mother Down The Aisle On Wedding Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.