Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria (3952 Views)

The Damage Tribalism Has Done To Nigeria / Counter Thread: Tribalism Has Come To Stay / Dear Mods, Ban Princdebola201 Now! Tribalism Has Eaten Deep In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 02, 2015
cheruv:
What of sarahatuba?
Deactivated it smiley....why??
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by docsholz(m): 9:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Only a cool takes this op seriously, everything he/she types is always to directly or indirectly insult Yorubas, and there are a lot like him/her on this site
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by cheruv: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Deactivated it smiley....why??
Are you that damsel from Uromi... shocked
Even though I had some altercations with her on NL..I sincerely enjoyed her thought process kiss
Can I connect with you outside NL..like seriously?
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2015
cheruv:

Are you that damsel from Uromi... shocked
Even though I had some altercations with her on NL..I sincerely enjoyed her thought process kiss
Can I connect with you outside NL..like seriously?

We had an altercation?? shocked really?? When?sad
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by cheruv: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

We had an altercation?? shocked really?? When?sad

Its all part of the NL argument stuffs cheesy nothing to bother yourself about wink
Seriously I've quietly looking for you but my mind didn't go to the side of deactivation. sad
Can we connect outside NL..am serious pls
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by vicenzo(m): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2015
Sweet thread. NL needs more of this type of thread.
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by TheUmmah: 9:44am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:
Tribalism thrives in Nigeria because there is no viable working document and model for all the tribes to coexist equally and in peace.

Being from a minority group in the SouthSouth automatically narrows my opportunities on the national level. This ought not be the case as minority groups are the reason behind affirmative action in the US which is similar to our quota system. But rather than guarantee equal representation the quota system replicates the censors figures thereby making minority people marginalized at the centre.

Take for examples he cut off marks for common entrance students into unity schools for students from Bayelsa (the least populated state) and compare it with that of Kano ( the most populated according to census figures). A child from Bayelsa is expected to score at least double what a child from Kano will and to make matters worse Bayelsa will have the least slots reserved for them when compared to Kano with the highest.

The quota system does not help minority people but rather further alienates them and gives more opportunity to dominant tribes in the north.

We can also see how even where the north and southwest and southeast may share the same number of slots, the northern candidates will still be offered opportunities on a platter of gold based on educational disadvantage.
So a student in Yobe can gain admission to a unity school by scoring just 15 out of 400 but a child from Anambra will need to meet at least 320 to get a slot.

All these useless policies have created tribal sentiments and not the other way round.

So how come your kinsman from the south south ebele, who was president of the nation for 6 years but was still not able 2 better the lot of your region, state and your people? Why was he not able 2 ensure projects that would have situated industries, employment opportunities or massively driven the incorporation of your teeming youths into the federal civil service @ least to start giving some leverage 2 your zone? Was that also as a result of tribalism or was it a case of reverse tribalism and nepotism? Or simply just a case of mind numbing _stupidity mixed with greed? Elucidate please!
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by PPAngel(f): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2015
TheUmmah:

So how come your kinsman from the south south ebele was president of the nation for 6 years and still was not able 2 better the lot of your region, state and your people? Why was he not able 2 ensure projects that would have situated industries, employment opportunities or massively driven the incorporation of your teeming youths into the federal civil service @ least to start giving some leverage 2 your zone? Was that also a result of tribalism or was it a case of reverse tribalism and nepotism? Or simply just a case of mind numbing _stupidity mixed with greed? Elucidate please!

Because Ebele created a level field for productivity.

Your regions could not capitalize on his policies of entrepreneurship because you northerners and Yorubas are used to handouts.
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by TheUmmah: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:

Because Ebele created a level field for productivity.

Your regions could not capitalize on his policies of entrepreneurship because you northerners and Yorubas are used to handouts.

I'm not suprised you could not answer my question! It is always difficult for laymen and laywomen 2 dissect fact from fiction! Anyway you have also exposed your bigotry by assuming I am a northerner or yoruba by your reply but unfortunately I am none of the above! So let's not derail back 2 your topic,What sort of productivity are you referring to? Militancy? Smuggling of crude? Cultism? Why are more of your people not running paramount instiutions,or playing a bigger part in the oil industries, trade industries, or government parastatals even after your bros j had the ample opportunity 2 boost all of your regions cravings for 6 whole years? Who stopped him from being decisive! What was his achievement for your region? As well as others!
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by docsholz(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2015
TheUmmah:

I'm not suprised you could not answer my question! It is always difficult for laymen and laywomen 2 dissect fact from fiction! Anyway you have also exposed your bigotry by assuming I am a northerner or yoruba by your reply but unfortunately I am none of the above! So let's not derail back 2 your topic,What sort of productivity are you referring to? Militancy? Smuggling of crude? Cultism? Why are more of your people not running paramount instiutions,or playing a bigger part in the oil industries, trade industries, or government parastatals even after your bros j had the ample opportunity 2 boost all of your regions cravings for 6 whole years? Who stopped him from being decisive! What was his achievement for your region? As well as others!
I'm still trying to understand the connection between your question and her reply
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by TheUmmah: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2015
docsholz:
I'm still trying to understand the connection between your question and her reply

If you are not smart it is not my fault! Try reading slowly!
Re: Tribalism Has Never Been The Problem Of Nigeria by Cjrane2: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
[size=13pt]Nigeria will reap what it sows, whether you deny it or not is immaterial.
If Nigeria makes effort to sow good, we shall all enjoy a great country.If we sow wickedness thinking we are hurting our neighbor, we are only setting up a sad life for this country.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOR-DjHmJQ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: 1999 To 2016: A Tale Of Two Thieves (photos)!!! / Biafra Bprotest At The Nigeria Embassy In Israel (photos) / Governor Ortom Unable To Pay Salaries After Borrowing N60 Billion In 7 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.