Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1220273 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jesbu(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
dragnet:

unfortunately, you may not have a case...
I have a case. the message was just send out today because many customers have been calling them because of this issues.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
jesbu:

I have a case. the message was just send out today because many customers have been calling them because of this issues.

Confirmed...You have a case then... smiley
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bozz007(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
trying to transfer my money out before they get to me but their network no wan gree

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by MrTour: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
They allowed it cos Amazon support multiple currencies via MasterCard, the Naira equivalent you see at checkout has always been indicative of the fees in Naira, In an ideal world where exchange rates are stable you only pay that nothing more but the rates was subject to change if you check some of the t&c next to checkout buttons. Since Nigerian economy became unstable business terms have changed with Corporate organisations like Amazon and Stanbic, from all indication the customer is the risk taker and bears the consequences for fluctuations in exchange rates across an international platform.

Most people get debited after months when the books are balanced although this is not very likely if your transactions have already been balanced in the books.
tumababa:

Why did they allow it in the first place? This will be worse than gtb scam some months ago. Cos me av been using it since last year!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by danniyal(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good day house. I received the following message from stanbic. I was just trying to figure out exactly what it means. Any help will be highly appreciated

"Dear customer, ensure that payments for int'l card transactions (ATM, POS and WEB) are made in the local currency of the country of visit or foreign website where transaction is taking place. By paying in Naira you may be billed at a lower rate than our bank's approved rate and the difference will be recovered from your account. 012769676“
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
jesbu:
HELP HELP
Good Morning Guys, please I need your insight as I am having some issues relating to a transaction I made in May with stanbic bank. I made a purchase of 1800 and 800 dollars when the Amazon exchange rate was 208. The transaction was complete at the rate of 208 and notifications sent to my phone.
However yesterday I received an alert that 220,000 was deducted from my account, reason being that the transaction done earlier was at Amazon rate not Stanbic rate. Please I need assistance, Has anyone here experienced something like this before? How do I resolve this as I cannot afford to lose this amount.

I once suffered similar fate with FirstBank around November/December last year though my own case was not with DCC.

In my case, my account was debited like three days after the initial amount for the transaction has been debited. I involved the authorities and with their assistance, I was refunded.

I believe you've a very valid case since at the time of the transaction, DCC was allowed by your bank.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by MrTour: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hopefully it gets sorted but with Nigerian Banks its very challenging. Nigerian Banks are looking at all means to recover money from customers who enjoyed some juicy forex transactions. A lot of people will be affected by this especially those that bought gift cards at 208, sold at 240 and finally billed at 260. It will be a huge loss but hopefully the Bank will do something.

jesbu:

Am in big trouble

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
jesbu:

I called CBN they told me to send a letter to stanbic bank and give them two week.if they did not respond, I should send copy of the latter to
CPD@CBN.GOV.NG
OR
CAB@CBN.GOVE.NG
Stating the issues that they will take it from there.

exactly. that is the way. what you do is send an email to stanbic and copy cbn. in the mail state that you will wait 2 weeks as instructed by cbn before you official report the case to your lawyer and cbn
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jesbu(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
yemi2plus:

I once suffered similar fate with FirstBank around November/December last year though my own case was not with DCC.

In my case, my account was debited like three days after the initial amount for the transaction has been debited. I involved the authorities and with their assistance, I was refunded.

I believe you've a very valid case since at the time of the transaction, DCC was allowed by your bank.
Thanks.
That's what am doing right now.
I have the statement of account the day they charged me at the rate of 208.
After two months they said it should be 295 not 208.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tyconcepts(f): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
How much is exchange rate on Stanbic MC today plz??
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bozz007(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
tyconcepts:

1 GBP = N424.07
1 USD = N310.00
1 EUR = N341.63
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
tyconcepts:

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Femsmart(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Youngzedd:

grin

Here isn't France.

I will buy the Payoneer @ 300 NGN per USD.

How do I contact you?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Femsmart:

How do I contact you?

Email support [at] topupgold.com
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Femsmart(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Youngzedd:

Email support [at] topupgold.com

Thanks!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by computerboy: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
bozz007:
trying to transfer my money out before they get to me but their network no wan gree

You're still forming ajebuta, You didn't enter their bank and withdraw your money?

As I read that first story, I just run go withdraw everything. No be me go add my drop of water for another person ocean

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by computerboy: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
danniyal:
Good day house. I received the following message from stanbic. I was just trying to figure out exactly what it means. Any help will be highly appreciated

"Dear customer, ensure that payments for int'l card transactions (ATM, POS and WEB) are made in the local currency of the country of visit or foreign website where transaction is taking place. By paying in Naira you may be billed at a lower rate than our bank's approved rate and the difference will be recovered from your account. 012769676“

Sent this to me too but I already withdrew my cash. phew! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dollaflow(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
100 PayPal fund available, instant funding
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dagr8(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
computerboy:

You're still forming ajebuta, You didn't enter their bank and withdraw your money?

As I read that first story, I just run go withdraw everything . No be me go add my drop of water for another person ocean
Same here o cheesy. Left 0.9 for them, they can manage that.
Another GTBank scam

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
The moment I got this message, I knew this was going to happen. I immediately said "it's about to go down" in dbanj voice.

Wanted coming here to diss our warning but I was in a location with no browsing network.

Stanbic is looking for who to share losses with, I'm sure they only realised thesr when they were reconciling their account, they should carry their crosses because it was their mistake in the first place (enabling DCC), they should block it and move forward! They have no justification for debiting customers now.

To those already debited try and fight them. But keep an open mind, we know how often they get away with things like this. All the best!

CC jesbu

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by femadesh(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Who can quickly help me pay $74 on ebay thru stanbic?

I hv an unpaid item case open on an item that I must pay tonight. I don't want it recorded on my acct

Edakun... epp me
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by violam: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Resurgence:
The moment I got this message, I knew this was going to happen. I immediately said "it's about to go down" in dbanj voice.

Wanted coming here to diss our warning but I was in a location with no browsing network.

Stanbic is looking for who to share losses with, I'm sure they only realised thesr when they were reconciling their account, they should carry their crosses because it was their mistake in the first place (enabling DCC), they should block it and move forward! They have no justification for debiting customers now.

To those already debited try and fight them. But keep an open mind, we know how often they get away with things like this. All the best!

CC jesbu
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by violam: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
jesbu:

Thanks.
That's what am doing right now.
I have the statement of account the day they charged me at the rate of 208.
After two months they said it should be 295 not 208.
th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by violam: 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
dragnet:

th

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by violam: 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
e
justi4jesu:

undecided

Was this notification not sent out recently and i think Today by Stanbic, if it was sent after the date he made the transaction then he has a case, but if the reverse is the case, then he may really not have a case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by violam: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
I
[/quote]
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
Moneygram transactions at 335 per $
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jesbu(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
violam:

they debited me N332,919 today. I am filing a complaint with the consumer protection department of the CBN on Monday
I have written a letter to be sent on Monday to stanbic bank as directed by cbn
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by JAZES(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
violam:

they debited me N332,919 today. I am filing a complaint with the consumer protection department of the CBN on Monday

Pls do and am sure u will get your funds back and I suggest u start a thread so others who have suffered d same fate can also contribute.
Bdavis and some folks here got their money back when gt bank did their own, I suggest u get in touch with Bdavis cos he spear headed that struggle.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by BizBloke(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
dragnet:

I think he's got a strong point. Said mail was sent today so shouldn't apply to old transactions that have been debited.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
violam:

this is the reason Nigeria is this way. when we have this unfortunately you may not have a case mentality. let use file complaints with the consumer protection department of the CBN on this asap

next time don't quote me if you can't respond reasonably...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by asids55: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
95$ paypal at 300 available

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.