Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,999 members, 7,845,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (90741 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:55am On Jun 23, 2010
a friend, a preschool teacher was telling me this week how she caught two young children 6/5 fingeri[i]n[/i]g themselves in the bathroom

when she ask them what they were doing, the girl told her that, it was what HER FATHER DOES TO HER at home. (its safe to say, she was practicing what his sick idiot called father does to her) she immediately called school officials and the child protective agency and police was immediately called, also the mom was also called. she wasnt aware of it(which happens in many cases) and she was more than destruct, she rained curses and abuses on her husband on the phone while still in school before the police could reach their house to talk to the husband, the man had ran away
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 23, 2010
~Sissy~:

no we havent truly covered the topic and i think now is the time cause this sick crimes are turning up every blessed day. i truly weep of our kids,girls and women. i mean its truly sad.

i cant even read that thread cause the more i try to read it, the more pissed off i become angry angry angry

Jehovah God please us sad sad sad

Lol its not only the female species that are being abused.

I'm always watching LAW & ORDER: SVU, just to understand the type of things that goes on. This type of stuff. Little boys are being r/aped, what's even worse is that ppl dont pay attention to it because they expect the rape to happen to the little girls.

1. Anytime you let your children out of your site, always ask them questions. . . . not directly tho. [Sth like, "So what did you and uncle do?" or "what did you and 'so-so' play and where did you play"?]

2. CHECK for any signs of abnormality on their body. Mothers should ALWAYS check for those signs unless he's a single father.

3. Encourage your child to talk. Learn to listen, learn to learn from them.

4.Let them demonstrate any NEW game they've learned that day

5. Watch for any abnormal physical and mental expression [like flinching/ eyes down/etc/]

6. Watch for any physical change [change in the way they walk or pain when they piss]

7. TALK TO YOUR CHILD

8. Teach them the safety rules.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 23, 2010
~Sissy~:

a friend, a preschool teacher was telling me this week how she caught two young children 6/5 fingeri[i]n[/i]g themselves in the bathroom

when she ask them what they were doing, the girl told her that, it was what HER FATHER DOES TO HER at home. (its safe to say, she was practicing what his sick  called father does to her) she immediately called school officials and the child protective agency and police was immediately called, also the mom was also called. she wasnt aware of it(which happens in many cases) and she was more than destruct, she rained curses and abuses on her husband on the phone while still in school before the police could reach their house to talk to the husband, the man had ran away
Shame. She shouldnt have tipped him off. Women should learn to controlt heir anger in this type of situation.
I cant promise that I wouldnt have gone back home to stab him tho.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 1:52am On Jun 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Lol its not only the female species that are being abused.

I'm always watching LAW & ORDER: SVU, just to understand the type of things that goes on. This type of stuff. Little boys are being r/aped, what's even worse is that ppl dont pay attention to it because they expect the despoil to happen to the little girls.

1. Anytime you let your children out of your site, always ask them questions. . . . not directly tho. [Sth like, "So what did you and uncle do?" or "what did you and 'so-so' play and where did you play"?]

2. CHECK for any signs of abnormality on their body. Mothers should ALWAYS check for those signs unless he's a single father.

3. Encourage your child to talk. Learn to listen, learn to learn from them.

4.Let them demonstrate any NEW game they've learned that day

5. Watch for any abnormal physical and mental expression [like flinching/ eyes down/etc/]

6. Watch for any physical change [change in the way they walk or pain when they piss]

7. TALK TO YOUR CHILD

8. Teach them the safety rules.

i know boys are also molested and despoiled but females are the usual victims. good tips btw

FL Gators:

Shame. She shouldnt have tipped him off. Women should learn to controlt heir anger in this type of situation.
I cant promise that I wouldnt have gone back home to stab him tho.

Ebony, god knows i would have done worst. a mad woman would be calmer than me i swear. this kind of things are very uncontrollable at that moment. i dont really think any mom would at that moment control her frustration especially when it wasnt something she was previously aware of.

i mean, its very hard to control the anger, disappointment, sadness a woman would feel to know that her own husband who she lives in the same house with, sleeps with etc is molesting their child,his daughter and she wasnt aware of it. i mean, this kind of things, makes you question your parenting ability esp as a mother, who should at least have noticed a cue. but i dont think he will hide for too long
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2010
2nd man----started molesting his female relative(FR) when he was 8 and she was 5. this dirty sick man molested her untill he was 20 and she was 17

how it started: according to him, his FR and him were home and watching a cartoon when he saw her va[i]g[/i]ina. she wasnt wearing any pant and was sitting in a 'comprising position'. so, being curious by what he saw, he asked her whether he can touch her there and i will show you mine(his sick prick) and thats where it all started.

it fully progressed to full body touching, her vgaina, and chest and oral copulation(he was around 12/13 when he manipulated her to orally copulate him). and finally it reached to full vaginal penetration. he said one of his friends as a joke gave him a condom(14/15yrs old at this time) and he used it to R[i]A[/i]PE HER while she was 10/11yrs

one day while he was molesting her on her bed, her mother walked in and saw him getting out of the her bed and she asked him what was going on, he said "i was giving her a goodnight snuggle" she thought it was very weird but he completely denied it.

she finally broke her silent and got a boyfriend told him that she was molested thats how the idiot got caught.

===================================================================

my goodness, he molested this poor girl for a whooping 12 freaking goodness me years am more angry than pissed off angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by caplox: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2010
You all should find answers to your questions at www.childcarebay..com

It's got all the questions you konw and answers to those that you don't!

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 3:09am On Jun 26, 2010
3rd sick man story. molested 3 girls, his first victim when he was 18, she was 12

brb
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by chamotex(m): 3:15am On Jun 26, 2010
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 26, 2010
~Sissy~:

2nd man----started molesting his female relative(FR) when he was 8 and she was 5. this dirty sick man molested her untill he was 20 and she was 17

how it started: according to him, his FR and him were home and watching a cartoon when he saw her va[i]g[/i]ina. she wasnt wearing any pant and was sitting in a 'comprising position'. so, being curious by what he saw, he asked her whether he can touch her there and i will show you mine(his sick prick) and thats where it all started.

it fully progressed to full body touching, her vgaina, and chest and oral copulation(he was around 12/13 when he manipulated her to orally copulate him). and finally it reached to full womanly penetration. he said one of his friends as a joke gave him a condom(14/15yrs old at this time) and he used it to R[i]A[/i]PE HER while she was 10/11yrs

one day while he was molesting her on her bed, her mother walked in and saw him getting out of the her bed and she asked him what was going on, he said "i was giving her a goodnight snuggle" she thought it was very weird but he completely denied it.

she finally broke her silent and got a boyfriend told him that she was molested thats how the got caught.

===================================================================

my goodness, he molested this poor girl for a whooping 12 freaking goodness me years am more angry than pissed off angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 4:55am On Jun 26, 2010
See oppression, oyinbo no go finish for thread embarassed Not to worry, just you wait till i finish the "eze goes to school" i've been reading for the past 7 years, just 3 chapters to go, and i will be on this thread too denge-posing and denge-dazzling with my command of English lingua franca, you will see, you shall see

@ Tgirl

I is not a lost cause yet, aiight cheesy Lets blame the full moon for this one time slip-up of my renowned lucidity tongue
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 26, 2010
Let me guess, Iyalode, you just discovered that smiley abi? I see that you've been using it on every thread.

How you? Omo mi nko? Se e n fun loyan daada [that oyan sef wey look like surf board] grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 5:10am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

Let me guess, Iyalode, you just discovered that smiley abi? I see that you've been using it on every thread.

How you? Omo mi nko? Se e n fun loyan daada [that oyan sef wey look like surf board] grin

What utter disresket angry How dare you call my dunlop slippers blom blom a surf board, berra go modify that before i open my eyes and angry angry angry
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by NgoziEli: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2010
gud opinion (michelin 89)
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2010
who do you advice/tell your kid to go to if she mistakenly goes missing while with you in the mall/market or any other crowed place/event?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by netotse(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2010
~Sissy~:

who do you advice/tell your kid to go to if she mistakenly goes missing while with you in the mall/market or any other crowed place/event?

check out counter. . .where else?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 08, 2010
netotse:

check out counter. . .where else?
In a market? Counter? Impossible.
At a mall, it might work.

~Sissy~:

At a mall, go to a counter, like netotse said. Then find the nearest security guard and tell him what happened.

Then call the cops IMMEDIATELY.

Dont they have one of those GPS chips for kids. Hide one in the shirt lapel or in their bracelet. I know I'm def getting one of that.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On Jul 10, 2010
Hello, Champie kiss. didnt see you earlier forgot my glasses tongue

Busy_body:

See oppression, oyinbo no go finish for thread embarassed Not to worry, just you wait till i finish the "eze goes to school" i've been reading for the past 7 years, just 3 chapters to go, and i will be on this thread too denge-posing and denge-dazzling with my command of English lingua franca, you will see, you shall see

shocked shocked shocked. you dis woman grin grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2010
at this young age, i prefer her to go to a mother with a little kids and tell her i lost my mommy or am looking for my mommy etc i believe being a mother herself with little kids, she will have that "mothers instinct" in her to help get her help. esp in those crowded mall/places(no  trust ppl this days)but god help me, the day it will ever happen i will be madder than a mad woman, that plus, having a double heart attack, tripled with instant stroke. thats the day Jesus will be doing his second coming sad grin. but when she is grown to a certain age, we head the other direction.

might sound ridiculous and crazy but pardon me yall embarassed embarassed embarassed at least i would be more than willing to do it for another mother/parent/guardian/person/man/woman/ and what have you grin grin grin

Ebony, i like the idea of the GPS tracking thing. sounds good and effective

[size=4pt]we never finished our discussion on child sexual abuse[/size]
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2010
~Sissy~:

at this young age, i prefer her to go to a mother with a little kids and tell her i lost my mommy or am looking for my mommy etc i believe being a mother herself with little kids, she will have that "mothers instinct" in her to help get her help. esp in those crowded mall/places(no  trust ppl this days)but god help me, the day it will never happen i will be madder than a mad woman, that plus, having a double heart attack, tripled with instant stroke. thats the day Jesus will be doing his second coming sad grin. but when she is grown to a certain age, we head the other direction.

pardon me yall embarassed embarassed embarassed
I agree with you. . . but I'm quite worried. How do you describe a "mother"to a lil kid?

1. A woman with a child
2. A grown woman?

Not every woman has maternal instincts, not every woman has a clean intent. What if she's a criminal or a kidnapper? And let me be honest, if a lost child comes to me, the first thing I'd do is find the nearest official or customer service to report a missing child. I, of course, will stay with the lost child until a parent comes by. So with that, I'd just tell my kid to find a customer service table or go and find one of those mall officials.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I agree with you. . .  but I'm quite worried. How do you describe a "mother"to a lil kid?

1. A woman with a child
2. A grown woman?

Not every woman has maternal instincts, not every woman has a clean intent. What if she's a criminal or a kidnapper? And let me be honest, if a lost child comes to me, the first thing I'd do is find the nearest official or customer service to report a missing child. I, of course, will stay with the lost child until a parent comes by. So with that, I'd just tell my kid to find a customer service table or go and find one of those mall officials.

@  1 bold:

of course the whole idea is for her to help find her find help, call the police or CS.

@ 2bold:

if its a crowed heavy place and also depending on the age of the child, she/him might have a hard time finding the CS or police and might fall in into the wrong heavy hand

preparing ahead for the unexpected unknown, i will tell/show those things. i know not every woman has those instinct, but having little kid/child yourself and  seeing a little child coming to you or roaming around looking a-little lost, you will get that feeling something is wrong because you will somehow imagine your kid/s in that same "lost" position, i mean there are certain fear/emotions IMHO, most mothers cue in on. not that i am placing too many trust on mothers out there, there are crazies/zombies masquerading around quite alright but if she never gets missed up with me, i pray she find the "good kind" Lol
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

@  1 bold:

of course the whole idea is for her to help find her find help, call the police or CS.

So what happened to "DO NOT TALK TO STRANGERS. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE WITH STRANGERS. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING FROM STRANGERS". I hate to be a kid following a rule with so much exceptions that the kid wouldnt know when to apply an exception and when to ignore it.

~Sissy~:

@ 2bold:

if its a crowed heavy place and also depending on the age of the child, she/him might have a hard time finding the CS or police and might fall in into the wrong heavy hand

preparing ahead for the unexpected unknown, i will tell/show those things. i know not every woman has those instinct, but having little kid/child yourself and  seeing a little child coming to you or roaming around looking a-little lost, you will get that feeling something is wrong because you will somehow imagine your kid/s in that same "lost" position, i mean there are certain fear/emotions IMHO, most mothers cue in on. not that i am placing too many trust on mothers out there, there are crazies/zombies masquerading around quite alright but if she never gets missed up with me, i pray she find the "good kind" Lol

@ 1st bolded, true that. I complained about that in my previous replies.

@2nd bolded; Yes, you can prepare ahead of time. However, a good preschool/ kindergarten should be able to prepare a child for all this. Like familiarizing a KG with legal uniform [such as police, security guard, firefighter's uniform] and when to or when not to follow a stranger.
I get you sha, I also pray he finds the "good kind". My aunt knows anything there is to know about children and technologies, I'd def will be asking her if there's a recent GPS locator out there that can be sown into a kid's shoe, shirt, undies etc grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 5:54am On Jul 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So what happened to "DO NOT TALK TO STRANGERS. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE WITH STRANGERS. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING FROM STRANGERS". I hate to be a kid following a rule with so much exceptions that the kid wouldnt know when to apply an exception and when to ignore it.

not all strangers are bad na, sometimes this same strangers save live too grin. but i do understand your concern though however, in this situation, i still prefer a mother with little kids.

@2nd bolded; Yes, you can prepare ahead of time. However, a good preschool/ kindergarten should be able to prepare a child for all this. Like familiarizing a KG with legal uniform [such as police, security guard, firefighter's uniform] and when to or when not to follow a stranger.
I get you sha, I also pray he finds the "good kind". My aunt knows anything there is to know about children and technologies, I'd def will be asking her if there's a recent GPS locator out there that can be sown into a kid's shoe, shirt, undies etc grin

you can prepare but then again in a very crowd and busy place, looking up and searching for a certain uniform might prove abortive

i like the idea of those GP tracking thing though
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 19, 2010
you can prepare but then again in a very crowd and busy place, looking up and searching for a certain uniform might prove abortive

Ah true that.

By the age of 6, I propose to have my children strapped with cell phones. . . or a walkie talkie while we're apart.
To prevent a "Lost and Found" situation, simply use a stroller or a cart in a crowded place.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 4:32am On Jul 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ah true that.

By the age of 6, I propose to have my children strapped with cell phones. . . or a walkie talkie while we're apart.
To prevent a "Lost and Found" situation, simply use a stroller or a cart in a crowded place.

6 i think is too young for a cello or walkie sef but thats just me. GPS might be a better idea
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 19, 2010
~Sissy~:

6 i think is too young for a cello or walkie sef but thats just me. GPS might be a better idea
Not giving them the cell to use constantly. Just for those moment. Abeg, at 6, my lil sis knew ho to use th phone. If you're worried about their cell phone knowledge, put your number on speed dial, so all they need to do is press *2* and call.
Yea, GPS is a great idea, but who knows how much it costs.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 4:53am On Jul 19, 2010
So it is the one behind the ibebe-idi moniker shocked shocked shocked shocked cool

@ Topic

Yes tongue cool
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 19, 2010
Just tell me you've missed me and let's call it a day shocked shocked grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 4:59am On Jul 19, 2010
@ Ebony. i like this one

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgae7sWhy3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 5:00am On Jul 19, 2010
Busy_body:

So it is the one behind the ibebe-idi moniker shocked shocked shocked shocked cool

@ Topic

Yes tongue cool

Yes on what Lol grin grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 19, 2010
~Sissy~:

Act like you didnt see that. Na too much palmwine cause am grin grin grin See as she called me"it"

~Sissy~:

@ Ebony. i like this one

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgae7sWhy3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Yea, this is a great Idea. I like.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 5:37am On Jul 22, 2010
~Sissy~:

What's funny angry I can read and I have perfect 40/20 vision too angry This thread topic asks "Is it the parent's right to bring up a child" and i answered in the affirmative "YES" to show you showoffs that I have a brain and I know something too, so please stop hating and let me revel in the spotlight too angry Its my time to shine HATER cool You need glasses because you have been answering the thread incorrectly from page one, no make that goggles tongue

Now if you will excuse me, this sharp brain and sharp eyes of mine is needed elsewhere on nairaland

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

aIN'T kuku talking to no one

ibebe-idi owanbe
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 22, 2010
ROTFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin

Seriously, I wonder sometimes grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply)

He Started Smuching His Mother When He Was 4yrs Old. True Life Story / Good fellows / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.