Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (238312 Views)

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Krysstie: 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
SnazzyBaba:
I am a graduate of M.sc in Mass Comm from Noun and i enjoyed studying there because i was able to combine working in a bank while studying and raising a family.

Secondly, the staff of Noun are the most courteous i have had the chance of meetingin a tertiary institution. I did not experience the corrupt side. Besides, in conventional institutions, there is corruption.

Thirdly, there is readily available reading material written by Professors from conventional University. The materials are so rich that i wish i had access to them during my undergraduate days.

Finally, research wise, i had the best experience. Because, lecturers in conventional university are assigned to supervise us. So if lecturers from University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, FUTA, Uniben, supervise ur project and thesis and you are still faulting the end result, then there is no difference between students or Open University and conventional universities. Research wise, i learnt alot at Noun and i am able to teach others what i learn't.

People should stop distracting and discouraging others. Its not everyone that will have d chance to attend conventional institutions.

Also, note that the caliber of people studying there are working class people who have busy schedules.

Thanks

Hello,

I tried applying for M.sc. Mass Communication. After the online application, I was told I don't meet the requirements. I have a B.sc in Mass Communication, second class. Wondering why the admission was denied..what are the requirements for M.Sc. Mass Communication? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Donpizzle(m): 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Gloryblossom:
even ur sch is crap.I av graduates from there n notin to show for all they learnt nonsense.all home strugglin like maloooo.say for urseld n were u r not for others.

smetyms its nt d students fault. Sme graduates of OAU,UNILORIN,UI,UNILAG or evn FUTO stay at home as a result of d bad economy of d country.....u re pointless.
NOTE: d universities mentioned above re standard unis and not ur NOUN(name of person,animal,place or thing).lol
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Donpizzle(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tripleclick:
we are stil saying the same tin '' BITTERNESS'' AND ''FRUSTRATION'' ,MAYB U STAYED 4YEASR @ HOME B4 GTN ADMISION, ONLY TO SEE A SCHOOL GIVING ADMISSION WITH ''O'' LEVEL ,, AND U R FEELING BAD, YU SURE U GT WORK?

My people perish due to lack of knowledge. Fortunately dat post was written in the bible for u. U re proud of a school dat u cant serve afta schooling??..its a pity. Crying
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Donpizzle(m): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
favourmic:

Then who cares about the qualification? Wise up and open your eyes, may dangote went to 30million school before making all his money or bill gate guys it's up to you do what ever you want it's your life not mine

1 man's path to success can lead another man to his downfall. His way is not my way.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by uppa(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2015
Donpizzle:

My people perish due to lack of knowledge. Fortunately dat post was written in the bible for u. U re proud of a school dat u cant serve afta schooling??..its a pity. Crying
if I may ask, what does serving guarantee?

8 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Creamish(f): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2015
toopsy22:
Nope,, the op is at least 90% right...

My cousin attended the school but came back home 3 months after and said he was wasting his time...

...and that is enuff reason to say the OP is at least 90% right? BTW, U need to ask ur cousin where he was for 3months cos NOUN no get hostel.

8 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2015
Creamish:

...and that is enuff reason to say the OP is at least 90% right? BTW, U need to ask ur cousin where he was for 3months cos NOUN no get hostel.
this cased has been closed someone has explained it all to me...,,,
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Enrythesis(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
for the fact that it is a global university is enough reason not to argue about the authenticity of the university.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by pelij18(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:

that's what you should say. Lazy bone lol
He is a lazy bone but far more better than you i guess.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nigeriatraining: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Get International Scholarships to study abroad @ NO COST!!! for more details contact us:
http:///q3hma7c

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by ichoku: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Go to the university in V.I with your documents.
Krysstie:

Hello,

I tried applying for M.sc. Mass Communication. After the online application, I was told I don't meet the requirements. I have a B.sc in Mass Communication, second class. Wondering why the admission was denied..what are the requirements for M.Sc. Mass Communication? Thanks
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by lionphil(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2015
chowlade:
[b]1. National Open University has been barred from the compulsory National youth Service Scheme due to not meeting up with N.U.C Specifications.

2. B.S.C Nursing in National Open university of Nigeria has been withdrawn

3. B.S.C Community health and extension worker has been changed to public health has instructed by the NUC

4. There Is Endemic Corruption In The National Open University Of Nigeria fees Charges due to the E-payment of School fees.

5. NOUN Centers across the country are the worst educational environment you can ever think of in the country that an average primary school is better off

6. NOUN student doesn't participate in the compulsory NYSC

7. NOUN student are less Employed on the field due to lack of experience

8. NOUN student are not paid the stipulated N10000 0r 15000 after industrial attachment.

9. Students do not attend lectures in Noun, they only read their course materials which are not always readily available for collection in their School library

10. Young NOUN Students are easily turn into destitute. My neighbors that are studying in NOUN, Smoke Weed/Cigarette, Alcohol, Womanize e.t.c till they eventually graduate.

11.NOUN Student are not researchers.

12 T.M.A (Tutor marked Assignment) portal has been hacked, students go directly there to collect readily available answers for test and examination, thereby enabling student to no longer need to study for TMA to get 30/30 in the Tutor marked assignment cause it is share, for sale e.t.c amongst themselves of which same Exposed TMA are to be repeated again in their examination.

13. NOUN is not on Nigeria university rankings according to the best institution in Nigeria. so therefore not competing with the conventional universities

14. There is total confusion in the System

15 Student union is totally forbidden in the tertiary institution

Add yours

In short, the National Open University Of Nigeria is the worst Tertiary Institution anywhere across the globe. I will therefore strongly urge the National University commission to Look into the System of this tertiary institution and removed the institution out of the existing educational system in Nigeria.
[/b]

OP, do u know the meaning of work and learn?
I intend running my masters in NOUN because it will give me time for other stuffs... For Ur info, I graduated from O.A.U
Which school did u attend?
That reminds me, do u know some people study abroad from their home here in Nigeria? Please where are their study centres located?
Why don't you let us know the reason why you are so pained instead of bringing opening your ass here for all to see?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
i

Chairman pls PM ur contact to this mail gbengaomotayo4@gmail.com. . I want to ask you somethings about NOUN.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by kasco2pro: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hi, I am currently in my final year doing my project in business administration (PGD). Firstly, apart from the compulsory school fees I had to pay N10,000 at the study centre here in calabar for them to assign me a supervisor for my project. According to them (the supervisor will be from another uni). Now, after going through that process and eventually assigned a supervisor. My supervisor is asking N20,000 for supervision fee.
I just want to know if previous graduate experienced same and if this goes on in other study centre across Nigeria or I am just another customer

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by adeniyia33(m): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2015
Come to think of it, what is the purpose of the service u ppu are clamoring? Is it not to acclimatize graduates with other regions of the country, their culture and traditions.

Service would soon be a volountary thing and u would realize that Service is a waste of time for some graduates who have discovered themselves even before the end of their programmes on the campuses.

In as much as I don't see anything wrong in going for Youth service,it will be wrong for anybody condemning others schools on the basis of not serving...very wrong.

After service what next?

Wise up .... NOUN is a good set up for ppu who are academically inclined but are curtailed by time.....

Conventional campuses are all coming to Distance Learning bet it with me

Donpizzle:

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by aalafasy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2015

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by adeniyia33(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Please learn more,
NOUN has been approved by NYSC

Google it

Donpizzle:

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Blogonlyowner: 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
The National Open University of Nigeria is no doubt one of the best University in Nigeria. The problem with Nigerians is that the believe that you need to attend lecture everyday to learn. In the USA and other leading countries, most people get their cert. fully online.

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Blogonlyowner: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
The National Open University of Nigeria is no doubt one of the best University in Nigeria. The problem with Nigerians is that the believe that you need to attend lecture everyday to learn. In the USA and other leading countries, most people get their cert. fully online.

And to confirm, NOUN has been fully approved by NYSC. The law courses will be approved pretty soon as well.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by rbmshelia: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
How much does an MBA cost and what's the normal duration please?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Umohdgreat(m): 12:35am On Sep 25, 2015
funmijoyb:
that school is not a School. Primary school leaving certificate is better than Open university PHD Cert.
Mitcheeew

If NOUN is nt a skul i wonder y NUC did not put dem among d 57 university d bared from operating.

Is there any higher institution dat there z no weed smokers, cultist, gals carrying unwanted pregnancy?

As anyone asked him or herself y NUC introduced JAMB?
R u telling me dat dose who used JAMB to entered oda Universities r better or more intelligent dan dose in NOUN?

Is NOUN d only Higher institution in Nigeria dat do nt use JAMB?

I av seen many who r graduate from d best n popular University, went to youth service but even pupil in nursery/primary skul r better dan dem. I av also seen dose graduate from d best university bt no employment.
So pls doing well in any university depend on individual. Wen u r focus n concentrate on ur study u can graduate as d best frm any university or higher institution, is not all about big names of d institution or being famous university, is about individual.
so.... haters or dos who criticized NOUN. Buckle up
Nigeria Educational System is generally corrupt OK!!!!!....
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by NigAmbassador: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
I am planning to pursue a postgraduate diploma in Information Technology from NOUN.

please can anyone provide me some
information about the NOUN's
process of admitting students into her postgraduate school...

Thanks
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Moser8: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
This is really great and awesome. Even though National Open University of Nigeria is that type of school everyone wishes to go, they are still some bad omen around that want to spoil it.Thanks to http://www.nounstudents.org.ng
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by powell24ay: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Please can someone tell me how easy or difficult it is to gain admission for PHD in conventional universities with NOUN MSC. Thanks
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nimarias(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2016
For admission into Noun,contact Mr Excellent 07069707740 or 08183941002
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by sylviasilifah(f): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
have you asked yourself the usefulness of jamb and utme? Nigerians always prefer to throw money away. keep writing jamb..
Drchristian:
The worst school ever Op is on point. they don't use jamb or utme enter self grin I pity people wey they patronize d place
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by ceerawz007: 10:10am On May 16, 2016
not only noun involve in dlc and open education check oaudlc uidlc uniuyo dlc unilagdlc. but because u r illiterate cultist u can't known this... tell me ur school and let see if ur school is rated more than noun.u can't bribe ur way out here in noun like u did in ...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a
somebody.
-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate
with vast knowledge of the computer.
-there is no bribing in the University.
-no short cut to pass.
-there is very low room or zero tolerance for
examination malpractice.
-there is no room for laziness.
-no time to waste.
-no strike to waste our precious life.
-relatively cheap.
-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate
body scholarship
-no room for awaiting result/statement of
result but graduate and get your certificate/
Degree immediately.
- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by ceerawz007: 10:37am On May 16, 2016
open university UK,indirah gahndi university India, etc set up noun
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by PaulWhiteBlogs: 8:11am On Jun 12, 2016
Well, when you are ignorant about something you tend to see that thing as an enemy. National Open University of Nigeria is one of the best university in Nigeria today, a university that if you don't read you fail, there is no other way, you can not bribe lecture or cheat on exams or pay someone to write for you and you say the university is not good, can you name one university in Nigeria that is doing what NOUN is doing in Nigeria? a university that was listed among the top 10 university in Nigeria 2016, Abegi make i hear word joor.

my fellow NOUN students if you want free TMA solutions for all your next semester courses or you want Past exam questions all for free you can visit this blog www.nounsite.com, this website really helped me last semester and i did not pay any kobo, i scored not less than 8.5/10 on all my last semester TMA all thanks to www.nounsite.com.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by kc6964(m): 6:45am On Aug 01, 2016
am fresher , business administration. somebody should help me out . how many courses will I be offering as a business admin? and is it compulsory to offer all and per course how much did it cost to register them .... please kindly break everything down for me because I want do the payment Nextweek .41k compulsory fees but the rest fee I don't get it ... pls help me ! ? and also if I get d admission and do all the payment is it possible to start 1st semester this year? ...
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nacre1: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2016
Please any one with useful information about PGD in NOUN should help me out. Is the admission still on. Please what's the tuition fees and the duration. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.