Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 (30270 Views)

Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / New Olubadan To Be Called Aje Ogungunniso 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
pazienza:

It was the Yoruba man Scholes0 that dragged Itsekiri into this argument.

In the Igbo world, Itsekiri is insignificant and we hardly know you lots exists. Blame the Yoruba man that dragged you lots here, but failed to drag Igala( another Yoruboid group), obviously Itsekiri is of more economic importance than Igala. *grins*

more than economic importance, We have shared boundary with the Ilajes 4 Yrs and we haven't recorded any conflict b/w us.

The only Yoruba Group that link themselves to us re the Ilajes and Ijebu, don't know much about the rest Yoruba group, #Not my biz

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
pazienza:

It was the Yoruba man Scholes0 that dragged Itsekiri into this argument.

In the Igbo world, Itsekiri is insignificant and we hardly know you lots exists. Blame the Yoruba man that dragged you lots here, but failed to drag Igala( another Yoruboid group), obviously Itsekiri is of more economic importance than Igala. *grins*

Oh shut it....
Itsekiri has been mentioned on this thread since the very first page, before I even knew the thread existed ok..... so find another slander to peddle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
pazienza:

Oliseh is from Abavo in Ika, while his maternal home is Ebedei in Ukwuani, he is a combination of two parts of Anioma with strong Igbophobic nature.

But as an exposed and educated individual who had travelled round the world, one would expect better of Oliseh.

40% of Ika sees themselves distinct from Igbo, like I earlier stated, Asaba axis sees themselves as pure Igbo, I know what am saying, am from Delta, some from unbiaruku will fight u if u tag them Igbo.

I think they need Enlightenment, to me they re Igbo,

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

more than economic importance, We have shared boundary with the Ilajes 4 Yrs and we haven't recorded any conflict b/w us.

The only Yoruba Group that link themselves to us re the Ilajes and Ijebu, don't know much about the rest Yoruba group, #Not my biz

don't regard that guy...... He is speaking of these issues from how he sees them through his own lenses....
He says Itsekiris are insignificant in the grand ibo plan, yet radio Biafra is launching relay stations in Warri (An Itsekiri-Urhobo) stronghold.... for what exactly?
Obviously it is him who see whole ethnic groups as mere economic pawns for your own mind/grand evil scheme......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Armaggedon: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

if am from Yoruba I will b proud of It.
So free free, tag me a Yoruba boy, I will b proud
why then did u say 'the guy u quoted never said we are yoruba'

did u forget to change your role in your acting career? grin
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Armaggedon:
why then did u say 'the guy u quoted never said we are yoruba'

did u forget to change your role in your acting career? grin

stay off my mentions

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

40% of Ika sees themselves distinct from Igbo, like I earlier stated, Asaba axis sees themselves as pure Igbo, I know what am saying, am from Delta, some from unbiaruku will fight u if u tag them Igbo.

Brother, are you saying they need "enlightenment" from outsiders, to tell them about what they are? or rather.... what they should be?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Change2015(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
asha80:
what is the difference btw igbo and ibo if i may ask in this situation!

It would appear to me that they see people from across the bridge as fairly different in attitude, culture and language. Delta state (carved out of Bendel state, formerly the Mid-Western region) is a complex mix of ethnicities which may contribute to why they have learned to live agreeably with their neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
scholes0:

don't regard that guy...... He is speaking of these issues from how he sees them through his own lenses....
He says Itsekiris are insignificant in the grand ibo plan, yet radio Biafra is launching relay stations in Warri (An Itsekiri-Urhobo) stronghold.... for what exactly?
Obviously it is you who see whole ethic groups as mere economic pawns for your own mind......

Bro pls ignore those Igbo folks, we all know were the Itskiri nation will belong to if Nigeria Disintegrate, Biafra not on that list, so I think that radio Biafra stuff is just waste. They claim they don't need Itsekiri resources but everyday they re giving us reason to hate Yoruba , For wat na, ??

if I don't associate with people I speak same language with, is it some1 from east that we gat nothing in common with that I will associate myself with ?.

its very easy 4 us to integrate into Yoruba system that y itsekiri musicians re welcomed in Yoruba land more than other ethnic group, Omawunmi can testify to this.

Well to me Delta North is Igbo, I think all this stuff re a result of the civil war the problem too is that some group in agbor believe they migrated from Bini so they re more Bini that Igbo, that y aside they need enlightenment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Bro pls ignore those Igbo folks, we all know were the Itskiri nation will belong to if Nigeria Disintegrate, Biafra not on that list, so I think that radio Biafra stuff is just waste. They claim they don't need Itsekiri resources but everyday they re giving us reason to hate Yoruba , For wat na, ??

if I don't associate with people I speak same language with, is it some1 from east that we gat nothing in common with that I will associate myself with ?. its very easy 4 us to integrate into Yoruba system that y itsekiri musicians re welcomed in Yoruba land more than other ethnic group, Omawunmi can testify to this.

The truth is that Western Nigeria, is the only part of Nigeria where everyone can comfortably feel at home..... Itsekiris are most welcome, but so are other groups, Igbos, Binis, Etsakos, Urhobos, Ebiras, Igalas, Jukuns, Tivs, Hausas are all there merrying and chilling day in, day out.
This is aided by the religious plurality of the region, and the general friendly nature people there have..... anyone who disagrees with that is only looking for the exact spot where the rainbow touches ground.

Goodboiyy:
Well to me Delta North is Igbo, I think all this stuff re a result of the civil war the problem to is too so group in agbor believe they migrated from Bini so they re more Bini that Igbo, that y aside they need enlightenment.
Maybe.....
It is a mix. Many of the towns in that area have the "-Idu" prefix... which are classic signs of Edo established settlements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
scholes0:

The truth is that Western Nigeria, is the only part of Nigeria where everyone can comfortably feel at home..... Itsekiris are most welcome, but so are other groups, Igbos, Binis, Etsakos, Urhobos, Ebiras, Igalas, Jukuns, Tivs, Hausas are all there merrying and chilling day in, day out.
This is aided by the religious plurality of the region, and the general friendly nature people there have..... anyone who disagrees with that is only looking for the exact spot where the rainbow touches ground.

We feel more comfortable been with you guys, that cous u people sees us as there kinsmen,.

Am just happy with the relationship we re building with u guys recently, during the national confab we all came out with 1 voice.

sometimes wen I see Igbo advising me to hate Yoruba I just laugh, the ones i av as friends anytime I mention Yoruba they will be saying all sort of Rubbish .. well time will tell.

Omi iwerre Dede

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by scholes0(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

We feel more comfortable been with you guys, that cous u people sees us as there kinsmen,.
Am just happy with the relationship we re building with u guys recently, during the national confab we all came out with 1 voice.
sometimes wen I see Igbo advising me to hate Yoruba I just laugh, the ones i av as friends anytime I mention Yoruba they will be saying all sort of Rubbish .. well time will tell.

Omi iwerre Dede

I am happy about the cultural exchange as well.... In the present Nigeria, forging the necessary socio-cultural links is a crucial asset.
Do you have good internet speeds? I would like to inbox you an online video.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by tonychristopher: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

if I don't associate with people I speak same language with, is it some1 from east that we gat nothing in common with that I will associate myself with ?.

its very easy 4 us to integrate into Yoruba system that y itsekiri musicians re welcomed in Yoruba land more than other ethnic group, Omawunmi can testify to this.

Well to me Delta North is Igbo, I think all this stuff re a result of the civil war the problem too is that some group in agbor believe they migrated from Bini so they re more Bini that Igbo, that y aside they need enlightenment.

why using us and we I will advise you to use more of I and me

no Igbo man will advise you to hate Yoruba

are u an infant that would be told to do that

is oliseh an English name ?

ignorance is bliss you know
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by winniz: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
This video is old but see how Yoruba people are fooling themselves cos Oliseh said he's is not Igbo, whereas how does an Opinion of a person represent the whole of Ikas undecided
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by aviona: 6:17am On Aug 04, 2015
The bottomline then is that, the Igbo man is Igbo and NOT Ika, just as the Ika man is Ika and NOT Igbo.
Freedom of association.
To your tents oh Isreal!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2015
CHM11:

Hi, yes there are many pure undiluted itsekiri friends with igbolike names.
To.ju Chib.uzor O.ge.le you can add this guy up on fb and ask him questions.
There are many others that I've seen in the past. My brother's wife is Itsekiri and her name is Ifean.yi or Wunmi, her brother too has one long igbolike name and also a long yorubaish name.

Infact all itsekiri's I've seen have both igbolike and yorubalike names but many tend to keep the igbolike name on a low key for obvious reasons.

Not hear to argue tribes sha...just sharing my own experiences as it relates with the topic.
Bros! Itsekiris don't bear ibo names take note.. Itsekiri names r more related to to yoruba names..
Don't mislead people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

why using us and we I will advise you to use more of I and me

no Igbo man will advise you to hate Yoruba

are u an infant that would be told to do that

is oliseh an English name ?

ignorance is bliss you know

Wen such topic occur again I will record and send to u.

I never said oliseh is not Igbo, am from delta so I know these people alot, some part see themselves distinct from Igbo, but Asaba sees themselves as Igbo.

So next time read something b4 u rush to quote

1 Like

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2015
onuwaje:

Bros! Itsekiris don't bear ibo names take note.. Itsekiri names r more related to to yoruba names..
Don't mislead people

U must b from Itsekiri I guess , Think the people The guy encountered re half Igbo, half itsekiri, CHM11 think u should ask that ur friend what tribe his e from.

my name is pure Yoruba, same with my cousin, shola,

Who even dragged Itsekiri to this topic? ? ?? ?
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 04, 2015
scholes0:

I am happy about the cultural exchange as well.... In the present Nigeria, forging the necessary socio-cultural links is a crucial asset.
Do you have good internet speeds? I would like to inbox you an online video.

The Itsekiri culture is very rich, 60% similar to Edo.

I don't have a good network, maybe u can upload it to any site I will download it from there
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 7:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

U must b from Itsekiri I guess , Think the people The guy encountered re half Igbo, half itsekiri, CHM11 think u should ask that ur friend what tribe his e from.

my name is pure Yoruba, same with my cousin, shola,

Who even dragged Itsekiri to this topic? ? ?? ?
Yes I am itsekiri and all through my existence I have never heard anything as ridiculous as saying. Itsekiris are related or close. To igbos

Be it language, dressing,food,names, an culture. Some. People need to b educated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2015
CHM11:

I love you my akwaibom wife...muuuuuuuaaaaaah!!!
If Oliseh say's he is not igbo, that he is ika....why don't u respect him as an Ika man?

Ika can be part of Biafra if they choose to but if they decide to be called ika people rather than igbo people I feel its best they are respected and identified as who they are.

[s]The itsekiris for example answer both igbo and yoruba names,[/s]....does that make them yoruba or igbo?...NO, they are itsekiris....
The Ika people cant come out tomorrow to say all other igbos are Ika and not igbo...I'm sure igbos from imo, abia, anambra, enugu and ebonyi won't accept such pronouncement from the Ika people.

My view, just respect people for who they choose to be....don't call them something else....
U need lessons
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2015
CHM11:

Hi, yes there are many pure undiluted itsekiri friends with igbolike names.
To.ju Chib.uzor O.ge.le you can add this guy up on fb and ask him questions.
There are many others that I've seen in the past. My brother's wife is Itsekiri and her name is Ifean.yi or Wunmi, her brother too has one long igbolike name and also a long yorubaish name.

Infact all itsekiri's I've seen have both igbolike and yorubalike names but many tend to keep the igbolike name on a low key for obvious reasons.

Not hear to argue tribes sha...just sharing my own experiences as it relates with the topic.
Bros there is nowhere under d sun.. even in d universe that itsekiri's bear igbo names!. No where!!

If ur guy has igbo name probably his mom is igbo. Don't say what. U don't knw pls cos it's appalling to the itsekiris

Omawunmi
Oritsegbubemi
Omatsola
Omatsuli
Timeyin
Tuoyo
Eyimofe
Uduaghan
Tosan
okpemi
Temituope
Oritsetsolaye
Bemigho
Edema
Eyesan
Oritsejafor
Eworitse
Mene

These are a few itsekiri names.. and they are not related. Thank u

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by tonychristopher: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Wen such topic occur again I will record and send to u.

I never said oliseh is not Igbo, am from delta so I know these people alot, some part see themselves distinct from Igbo, but Asaba sees themselves as Igbo.

So next time read something b4 u rush to quote

DUDE, WAKE UP
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2015
KinkyAngela:
It sucks to be an ibo. Nobody wants to be associated with a tribe of human flesh eating cannibals
dirty olosho like u,ur comment is invalid,cause u are a waste!! Stinking pig,u think i dont know u,u are a prostitute,so it sucks to be u..

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
onuwaje:

Yes I am itsekiri and all through my existence I have never heard anything as ridiculous as saying. Itsekiris are related or close. To igbos

Be it language, dressing,food,names, an culture. Some. People need to b educated

Lolz even marriage self, hardly do any itsekiri get married to Igbo, hardly, and rare. but u always see marriages with Urhobo, Ilaje etc.

I said this earlier this month when Some Igbo were dragging Warri into there Biafra map, I just said we gat nothing in common, Waje if u see the way Igbo 1 kill me with insult, say am an imposter, and a Yoruba boy, and amajiri, lolz, as usual.

Never wanted to comment on this thread not until I saw my tribe, WTF relationship do we have with Igbo , Y is itsekiri in all there comment ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by PabloAfricanus(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

On point bro!
Its just sad, sad, sad,sad, sad...
A question no one asked him, a point that was not just needless but not even contested in that international gathering,
only points to one thing...a deep inferiority complex.
I do not blame Sunday Oliseh, but rather I blame the fathers, grandfathers and elders in Anioma who have played politics
with the identity of their children.
That Sunday Oliseh's father chose to give him a core Igbo name like Ogochukwu and then turn around and tell him they are not Igbos is just sad, sad, sad...clear signs of self hatred, and unresolved inferiority complex.
What happened to Bini names and Igalla names? Why Igbo names? Pathetic really.
History will tell the story...and try as you may...the truth will always out...one way or the other.

In this issue, the key points Ikas conveniently forget is:
1) Their neighbours- the Binis, Urhobos, Ijaws,Igallas, Itshekiris...know exactly who they are. Historical antecedents and shared histories
cannot be changed for any one.
2) The Igbos know too who the Aniomas and Ikas are.

Just like it happened in 1967 and before then when the 1966 coup planned by mainly Anioma officers was termed an Igbo coup...
Just like it happened when the pogroms started in Kano, Kaduna and other northern cities...
Just like it happened after the war, when shame was thrown to the wind and a person bearing names like Emeka and Nwachukwu would
tell fantastic tales of how his forefathers came from Bini...all to get an appointment...
Just like it has been happening...when push comes to shove...Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh, whose brother's name is Azubuike Olise, whose family
all bear names that only Igbo speaking people bear, and speak a language that all experts agree is an Igbo dialect...
they will be reminded of who they were before the British came...
they will be reminded of who they were when the British ruled the land...
they will be reminded of who they were when Nigerian gained independence...
they will be reminded of who they were all through the crude oil era...
they will be reminded that only Igbo people bear names like Ogochukwu, Oliseh, Azubuike...
that such names are not borne by Bini, Igalla,Itshekiri, Urhobo,Ijaw, Ogoni,Ogojo folks...
that a man who denies his history and heritage for political advantage deserves whatever derision he has attracted...

And for the posters encouraging him in his show of shame, it does not really matter what tag or name a group of people chose to identify with.
I agree, its a free world after all.
What matters is HISTORY...for the present and posterity. It is history that will be your reference when contesting that land case in your village.
Else, a complete stranger who has lived in your community for decades can openly contest your ancestral land. After all, his grandfather knew your grandfather, his father and your father were playmates and so on. But and that's a big but...they were never a part of the community in the actual sense of it. History will remind them of the exact date of their migration, the exact name of the place they came from, and the exact name of who gave the migrants the land to build their house on. It is all about history.

The message Oliseh passed across when carried to its logical conclusion can only lead to confusion and chaos.
Imagine...just imagine for instance, if the Fulani royal families ruling all the Hausa Emirates...wake up one morning and deny being Fulanis.
What will happen to the Fulani invasions of Zaria, Gwandu, Katsina, Kano, Adamawa, Kebbi and other Hausa city states?
What will happen to the story of the former pure Hausa royal families displaced and usurped by the Fulani invaders?
Most people down south do not even know that Lamido Sanusi the new emir of Kano is not Hausa but a scion of the Fulani usurpers who
took over the ancient Kano royalty.
True the Fulani rulers might have acculturated and now speak Hausa instead of Fula, but what will happen to the history of how they came
to be the rulers of the Hausa city states...if they are start denying their Fulani ancestry?
Your guess is a good as mine. History...shared history will only be the reference.
Cos as I have mentioned in another thread, a shipload of shared history will have to be rewritten to accommodate that idea.
"Chukwu" will have to meaning something else apart from the Igbo supreme creator, "Azubuike" will take on a different meaning once you cross the Niger...I could go on.

I think the Ikas should tell the world how they came to bear Igbo names, have Igbo traditions and speak an Igbo dialect.
Or maybe they just need the pity and help of Nigerians to resolve their identity crises...cos after listening to Oliseh in the TEDX video,
its clear the Ikas do not even know they have an identity crisis.

Cos if this is not resolved, tomorrow another confused fellow might come up with another interpretation of words like Chukwu, Afor, Orie, Nkwo
and other Igbo cultural land marks.
Not only would they leave other Nigerians confused, but Igbos would be doomed to repeats of what played out in 1967...where the entire Eastern Region paid for the sins of Ika/Anioma officers from the Mid-Western Region...all because of identity crisis.

I just hope the SE Igbos will be wiser this time to disassociate themselves from such people and let them face the music on their own.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by onuwaje(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Lolz even marriage self, hardly do any itsekiri get married to Igbo, hardly, and rare. but u always see marriages with Urhobo, Ilaje etc.

I said this earlier this month when Some Igbo were dragging Warri into there Biafra map, I just said we gat nothing in common, Waje if u see the way Igbo 1 kill me with insult, say am an imposter, and a Yoruba boy, and amajiri, lolz, as usual.

Never wanted to comment on this thread not until I saw my tribe, WTF relationship do we have with Igbo , Y is itsekiri in all there comment ?
Anybody adding urhobo,itsekiri,ijaw,isoko to biafra is a fool simple

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by Emilokoiyawon: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by rosebowl01(m): 12:27am On Aug 05, 2015
kettykin:
Much as i do not subscribe to ipob or biafra my candid suggestion to Sunday Oliseh and co is that if you are not igbo kindly drop or change your igbo name .

Igbos have too many accomplished deltans to be begging for membership from someone who was not even an accomplished footballer

The ting pain am. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 by ChinenyeN(m): 5:10am On Aug 05, 2015
What exactly is the difficulty in defining 'Igbo'? Why do you all have to repeat this discussion and re-attempt this definition over and over and over and over and... I've lost count.. oh well. Igbo is an ethno-linguistic categorization with emphasis on lingusitic. Identity is a non-issue and should be treated as such. Self-determination has zero effect on the categorization and the same goes for ancestral kinship. If one's people come from the ethno-linguistic region of Igbo-speaking communities, then you are, by default, categorized as 'Igbo'. No one can force that on you (this goes out to those unlearned humans trying to fight something that is simply out of their control), and consequently, no one can take that away from you (this goes out to the dumb Igbo I've seen trying to rob other Igbo of their 'Igboness'). Enough said.

If left with you all, you would all spend eternity trying to define something that does not require all this long talk and expended bandwidth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Canadian Terry Duguid In Igbo Attire During Festival. Photos / DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) / Know Truth About Agwu Spirit And Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.