Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) (30298 Views)

Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by EcoBrick: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2023

The Ooni of Ile-Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Tuesday, played host to some Americans who traced their root to the Kingdom of Ile-Ife.

The Americans were led to the Ooni by the Asoju Asa of Ile Oodua, Ambassador Dotun Taylor.

The Ooni stressed the excitement that comes with identifying with the root of one’s origin.

“If you take a closer look at yourselves in comparison to your kinsmen and women here, you will agree with me that there is no difference between us.

The only difference is that my own forefathers missed the boat that yours caught up with.

“So, my dear children, you are welcome home and I pray that the meaningful names you are being bestowed with today will manifest in all your endeavours.

“Luckily for you, your source (Ile-Ife) which is within the Federal Republic of Nigeria is filled with lovely people and it’s a very safe environment
,” Ogunwusi said.

He urged them to increase their economic presence in Ile-Ife and exploit the various opportunities for investment.

Early, Taylor explained that the visitors are convinced that they are of African origin after a scientific test, popularly known as “Ancestral DNA”, confirmed that they have a high concentration of the African gene.

“Kabiyesi Alase, this is the product of your consistent investment in the promotion of our prestigious culture and preservation of the Yoruba history.

“This is the commencement of a process that will lead to the naturalisation of foreigners who are of black origin to becoming Nigerians and particularly Yoruba sons and daughters.

“We are working with all needed authorities in this regard including the Ministry of Interior and the traditional institution under the leadership of our father, the Ooni,” Taylor said.

Speaking on behalf of the Americans, Mrs Delzora Dotson, who is now to be addressed as Mrs Delzora Omotilewa Dotson, described the experience as worthwhile.

Dotson said she can’t wait to tell her friends and family members about her discovery.

“Right now, I am feeling the connection of origination and I am happy to be back home,” she said.

https://punchng.com/dna-ooni-hosts-renames-americans-with-ile-ife-root/

269 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Creamypie(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2023
That first and second pic girls kneeling, can I have their cell number? Just asking for a friend

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by BOLATINUBU01: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
That first pic girl kneeling, can I have her cell number? Just asking for a friend
i will get it myself thank you grin

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by TemplarLandry: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Awa Omo Kaaro oo jiire,
The most sophisticated people in the world.
The most progressive race in the world.
Awa la l'ede at'aşa.
Someone go listen to “Culture” by BOJ feat. ENNY.

342 Likes 12 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
That first pic girl kneeling, can I have her cell number? Just asking for a friend
You no go like the 4th one? 🤣

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Creamypie(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

You no go like the 4th one? 🤣
Mbanu.my friend wey need girl (not me) say her alignment, ball joint, piston, rings, chain and sprocket, engine sitting, plugs, don go patapata

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Zonefree(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
Tell your friend that Zonefree said he got eyes for good food.

I can sell my family remaining lands for that girl.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by pandoragirigory: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2023
ok
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by fasmukol: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2023
grin
And some people are begging Isreal to come and take their DNA samples.
Truly, this life no balance at all.

308 Likes 15 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2023
Date a black american chick at your own peril, they are worst than naija girls

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
Mbanu.my friend wey need girl (not me) say her alignment, ball joint, piston, rings, chain and sprocket, engine sitting, plugs, don go patapata
Taah!
Tell am say the brakes, the steering wheel, the seat belts, the airbags still dey okay. E fit still manage am. Na London used!
🤣

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by donbachi(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
That first and second pic girls kneeling, can I have their cell number? Just asking for a friend
+1-212-675-8984

11 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by loosecanon50(m): 9:41am On Apr 27, 2023
Next thing Ooni go chuk some of those babes sontin come add dem to him wives squad grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by MarveworldG: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2023
Good

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by iCauseTrouble: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2023
I know Ooni will add those 2 ladies to his collection of wives.
I don't trust any lady with Ooni

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Moneymindss: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2023
I really like this
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Fatbam003: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2023
Yet no development in the town.Always with oracles
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Blake755: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2023
Omo I wish my grandpa no miss the boat sef 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ the for born me for Yankee

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Fapemz: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by donproject2(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2023
Kaaro o, oojiire bi? Yeye re nko? Sara mokun?

10 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by MorataFC: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2023
Eight wife loading, see the way Ooni is looking at the First Lady.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by haybhi1(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2023
Yoruba. Iran Itesiwaju.

Yoruba, oh Yoruba,
Land of ancient wisdom and culture,
Where the sun sets in a blaze of gold,
And the moon rises in a dance SO bold.

Your people are a tapestry,
Woven with threads of history,
Rich in tradition and folklore,
And values that will endure evermore.

From the bustling streets of Lagos,
To the tranquil waters of Oshun,
Your beauty is a marvel to behold,
And your spirit is unbreakable, untold.

You inspire us to be proud,
Of our heritage and our roots,
To cherish our past and embrace our future, And to keep our traditions alive and true.

Yoruba, oh Yoruba,
Your language sings like a melody,
Your artistry dazzles like a symphony,
And your people shine with a radiance so heavenly all over the world.

May your light continue to shine,
Like the stars that twinkle in the Sky, and may your legacy live on, or generations yet to come, never to die.

God bless the mighty, radiant, ever-blossoming Yoruba ethnic group.
God bless other tribes.
God bless Nigeria.

Ęyin omo'ba mi, k'aro oj'ire, sę mo'w'ire?
Eledumare a gbe wa o
😇😇😇🤤🤤

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Krublog(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2023
See how disinterested Ooni is with the guy and the mommas and how he seem eager to explain the concept of Omoluabism to that sweet 16? grin grin grin

On a more serious note, born Africans with roots and heritage don't know what they are.

If not for bad leadership across BLACK Africa, all these African Europeans/Americans for dey troop home on a daily.

Africans heal your land.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Mindlog: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:

Na so japa hungry you reach?😂😂😂

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Ombre(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2023
C
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Emperormartin(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2023
When Nigerians are struggling day and night to get US visa to leave this country for good...They don't want anything associated with Nigeria again

These ones are coming back to reintroduce themselves.

Truly, this world no balance

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by iykofias(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
the ho.rny of ife has his eyes on them too

1 Like

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by dalebrown: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2023
What are the odds that we as Nigerians could trace our DNA or roots to another country undecided ... What if an Hausa man traces his roots to the igbos or urohbos 😂 grin

Just thinking out loud though 🚬

2 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Bolu004(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2023
See Ooni smiling sheepishly in the last picture, that lady na im colour.
Next wife loading.....

2 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by AmazingELixir: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2023
grin grin grin

Jakpa people see link ooo...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Know Truth About Agwu Spirit And Your Destiny / Nigerian Lady Shows Off Newborn Baby’s Tribal Marks / My Village Masquarade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.