Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,488 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) (56998 Views)

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by jantavanta(m): 9:46am On Aug 04, 2015
koikoi2:
check out very well she's not from a poor family.

At least she could add value, and will not turn out a fuel subsidy scammer or helping dad to launder state funds.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Eze2000(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Now there is america for you. Here in Nigeria thus girl will need at least 25 years to do anything including bribe her way to an original pilot's licence after so many fakes and 'come next week'.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by melzabull(f): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2015
God bless you dear. The sky is your starting point.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Icecomrade: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
It doesn't matter what the world may say. The future of our dear country is still bright.

God Nigerian Youths.
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Certifiedboss: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2015
fighal:
I Have always said it.. I won't FORCE my children to go to the University.. I will encourage and support them in the dream they chose...

Over sabi people go want attack me buh it's welcome...

I agree with you . But listen to her speak . She spoke about her sibling too that's doing same thing . I believe most nigerian parents insist their kids get university education because that's the cheapest way to success here in Nigeria . Where you pay like 40k yearly as school fees in most government owned institutions . That kid is from a well to do family . Rich people think differently. You see DJ CUPPY, her father is a billionaire . Do you think you will see a poor nigerian father that will supoort his child goin in to that when they are looking up to him to assist in training his younger siblings ? Lol
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by madridsta007(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2015
favourmic:
Rubbish I'm very sure the kids parent are rich and they are well know or may be his father is a pilot or not because they can't just pick some one from no where and teach him/her how to drive pilot.... Useless country

Stop beefing. It makes you sound unintelligent.

Not all rich parents produce inspiring kids. Abdul Mutallab's father was/is rich. Abdul Mutallab got the best education within a very privileged setting. Abdul Mutallab is a terrorist, rotting away in a U.S. prison.

2 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by laclass(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2015
Inspiring from a daughter of the rising sun
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by pretydiva(f): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2015
searching4love:

u dey crase undecided
u b goat
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by fredleo95(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
God bless the parents of this young girl for letting her explore such wonderful talent.... which has made her break a nice record....Congrats dearie
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2015
I just love it when a teenager of 14,15,or 16 can boast of so many titles that an adult hasn't gotten yet. When I was in secondary school, a roommate of mine had a relative who was twenty and this girl already had a car, job and work experience. A friend of mine knows a twenty one year old girl being sponsored by his dad and this girl's already working professionally at his dad's workplace. I don't know why Nigerians will never learn. As a child I grew up among Nigerian moms who gisted with each other saying........'what's the rush , where are these youths running to?'. It's not like a rush but then what's the point when you move your children like snails through life and then they start to go for service at 25 years as a lady then get married and don't achieve anything much again with their lives , NEVER had a proper job or anything. It's just disheartening, and worse is the fact that Nigeria is just a country that doesn't ever encourage the young to come out on anything. Who are our politicians, high class professionals, job holders? Old people! People in Nigeria automatically put youths down when they come up to be employed or trained at an early age! Then we complain about youths acting jobless and all but most people never give the youths a chance to be involved in serious jobs. Nigerians need to stop with that mentality and attitude but I doubt they'll listen. They'll just keep storing up their youths until they're 'old enough' to deserve jobs or quality quick education or even high placed titles.

3 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by remmer56(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Bro, you got an idea of the processes to apply and requirement? Please, can we have a chat? Thank you ..

NaLaugh:
That's really great, her parents must be proud.
I'm about to start to working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by missojugo(f): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:
I'm about to start to working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.

Na wa for you.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by mkbessman(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:

Not necessarily. You can learn to fly a plane here, AND even fly it on your very first day for as little as $130. Of course, there'll be an instructor by your side in the co-pilot seat.
Regular daily flight lesson rates around me are typically between $150-200. You don't have to commit to anything, and can go for flight lessons whenever you have some more cash. Your flight hours are logged, and these add up.

thank you very much for this piece of information.... you've really restored my hope I lost over10 yrs ago. I've always dreamt to be a pilot but the exorbitant tuition was my set back. I never knew it could be learnt gradually this way. pls sir, where do I start from? how do I go about it... I'll appreciate your reply....

respect
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by dblaisepascal(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2015
Abbeyme:
Many of us find ourselves pushed to have low standards for our children.

The saddest part of it all is that our kids have abilities that we may never have even thought possible.

This young lady shows us what our kids can do when we set the bar high, please take a look.

For the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-gvDJ48VRk

Source: http://ifeadinmesi.com/15-year-old-igbo-girl-kimberly-anyadike-becomes-the-youngest-black-female-pilot-to-fly/
in my country Nigeria, if road safety or air safety catch you, you go pay bribe of 1million buks for even attempting to seat on the front couch of the plane... i recall the day i was teaching my little dude how to drive a car, i payed almost 30k to bail myself off the hook.....i swear, 9ja, we noor dey try cry
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by namdo(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2015
wow....at maturity she should be a genus at flying planes.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by meKdollz(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice one
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by enoqueen: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2015
wiseoneking:
A look at one far far far better off than thou art. Appreciation

Who be this one?
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Kazzman(m): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Abbeyme:
Many of us find ourselves pushed to have low standards for our children.

The saddest part of it all is that our kids have abilities that we may never have even thought possible.

This young lady shows us what our kids can do when we set the bar high, please take a look.

For the video:

Source: http://ifeadinmesi.com/15-year-old-igbo-girl-kimberly-anyadike-becomes-the-youngest-black-female-pilot-to-fly/

I love this news, Nigerians are making us proud anywhere they go.To those who don't have anything good to offer than to bring us shame in the western world.I think you can learn from this little girl's parent for giving her good upbringing and motivation,what legacy will you give your child when you would be spending the rest of your life in jail...
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by mine4213(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bro....i sent you a pm...please i need talk to you...Thanks...

NaLaugh:

Awesome little girl.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by sleekymag(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:

Awesome little girl.

This is a very old story. Kimberly achieved the feat as far back as 2009. Articles concerning this feat has been online since then. Kimberly on er own, would be not less than 21 years old now. Below are links that support my point.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kimberly-anyadike-15-youngest-african-american-female-pilot-plane-cross-country-article-1.399825

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Ignyte(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
fighal:
I Have always said it.. I won't FORCE my children to go to the University.. I will encourage and support them in the dream they chose...

Over sabi people go want attack me buh it's welcome...

I wish say my house people dey like you... see me just dey 300 level for course wey no concern me... I just dey happy say I go soon graduate give them the B.Sc
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ignyte:

I wish say my house people dey like you... see me just dey 300 level for course wey no concern me... I just dey happy say I go soon graduate give them the B.Sc
lol... I be like u bro... My own na one Education course wey no relate to me at alllllllllll.. I just dae pray for GOD to Favour me
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by northvietnam(m): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
she pilot
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by jlinkd78(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ur name suggest u r part of our 5%. Congrats sis
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
sleekymag:

This is a very old story. Kimberly achieved the feat as far back as 2009. Articles concerning this feat has been online since then. Kimberly on er own, would be not less than 21 years old now. Below are links that support my point.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kimberly-anyadike-15-youngest-african-american-female-pilot-plane-cross-country-article-1.399825

Yeah, you're right.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by abnur14(m): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:
I'm about to start working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

Awesome little girl.
i also thought so ...u most b 17 to get a ppl. bt still its impressive... Are u going for ur ppl in Nigeria (I assume it should be at college of aviation Zaria) do u know the fees for the module?
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
mine4213:
Bro....i sent you a pm...please i need talk to you...Thanks...

I don't use the Nairaland PM system, as it is just weird. If you have a general question, I can attempt to answer it. However, I am neither a pilot nor an "expert" in the field.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
mkbessman:

thank you very much for this piece of information.... you've really restored my hope I lost over10 yrs ago. I've always dreamt to be a pilot but the exorbitant tuition was my set back. I never knew it could be learnt gradually this way. pls sir, where do I start from? how do I go about it... I'll appreciate your reply....

respect

It depends on where you live. If you live in Nigeria, I honestly have little to no idea. Perhaps, the Aviation school in Zaria. However, that's a formal institution and requires significant time/financial commitments (I imagine).

On the other hand, If you live in the US, then I can give you a few suggestions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple On Power Bike Killed With One Other After Fatal Accident. Graphic Photos / Man Rams Into A Herd Of Cows In Yenagoa With His Car (Photos) / Car Swarmed By Thousands Of Grasshoppers In South Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.