Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,977 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. (1820 Views)

Homosexuality: An Abomination / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay / "Selfie" Are An Abomination In The Eyes Of The Lord. POPE FRANCIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

No dear but i know about Calvinism. Are u a Calvinist?
I'm not a full blown calvanist just a 3 pointer.
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
tyuhd:
I'm not a full blown calvanist just a 3 pointer.
Which of the points don't you agree with? if u don't mind smiley
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Which of the points don't you agree with? if u don't mind smiley
I'm in agreement with the 1 and especially the 2 and 4.I'm still wrestling with the 3 and 5 point
Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by An2elect2(f): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
tyuhd:

I'm in agreement with the 1 and especially the 2 and 4.I'm still wrestling with the 3 and 5 point

Interesting. If you have come to grasp 1,2 $4, you have 'grabbed everything'. Just a matter of time by God's grace, you will see others clearly

1 is Total depravity: Man is 100% depraved of anything pleasing to God. He is spiritually dead(deaf and blind inclusive) to the things of God. All his works, 'good' to him, are all filthy before God. He is a wretched soul who is doomed to hell if God does not intervene. Kapish.

2. Unconditional election: Christ's substitutionary death on the cross was to atone for the sins of his people and reconcile them back to God. Their election was not conditioned on anything they did or they would do but on God's will. We don't know why God chose these ones but we do know for sure that we are not the cause.

3.Limited atonement : I think i know why this is hard to swallow. 1John 2:2.. ! it is not an easy verse to tackle alone but when proper bible exegesis is done, it would be easy at the end. If redemption was made possible by His blood through death for all men , it will be a partial job done if only some are redeemed and others are not.
I pray the Lord give you understanding of this.

4. Irresistible grace :No sinner's will can truncate the will of God. God is sovereign in salvation and would find his lost child. No matter what.

5: Perseverance: The saints will be kept till the end by the power of the Holy spirit. They cannot lose their salvation, come what may. This is true and i pray you understand this truth for it will keep your mind at rest and let you look unto Christ alone for everything you need to grow in Him. Amen

Am sorry if i didn't state some of the points accurately.

Good night smiley

2 Likes

Re: It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Interesting. If you have come to grasp 1,2 $4, you have 'grabbed everything'. Just a matter of time by God's grace, you will see others clearly

1 is Total depravity: Man is 100% depraved of anything pleasing to God. He is spiritually dead(deaf and blind inclusive) to the things of God. All his works, 'good' to him, are all filthy before God. He is a wretched soul who is doomed to hell if God does not intervene. Kapish.

2. Unconditional election: Christ's substitutionary death on the cross was to atone for the sins of his people and reconcile them back to God. Their election was not conditioned on anything they did or they would do but on God's will. We don't know why God chose these ones but we do know for sure that we are not the cause.

3.Limited atonement : I think i know why this is hard to swallow. 1John 2:2.. ! it is not an easy verse to tackle alone but when proper bible exegesis is done, it would be easy at the end. If redemption was made possible by His blood through death for all men , it will be a partial job done if only some are redeemed and others are not.
I pray the Lord give you understanding of this.

4. Irresistible grace :No sinner's will can truncate the will of God. God is sovereign in salvation and would find his lost child. No matter what.

5: Perseverance: The saints will be kept till the end by the power of the Holy spirit. They cannot lose their salvation, come what may. This is true and i pray you understand this truth for it will keep your mind at rest and let you look unto Christ alone for everything you need to grow in Him. Amen

Am sorry if i didn't state some of the points accurately.

Good night smiley

Excellently explained!Good night too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suffer Suffer For World, Enjoy For Heaven? / The 1st Hijra In Islam History Was From Mecca To Ethiopia / Wrong And Sinful Ways Of Praying To God: Violent Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.