Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,504 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip (29329 Views)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by meshack15: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
If that be the case,he should have travelled down to Ghana or Liberia becouse there are equally Akwa-Ibom Indigene dere as well.

But in a swift reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ekerette Udoh, who is also in the US, said Emmanuel was not only the governor of those that reside in Akwa Ibom State but a governor of the Akwa Ibom people, irrespective of where they live.
Dotng:
Akpabio unhappy with A’Ibom gov over US trip
The immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, is not happy with the state governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, for attending a summer convention in the United States organised by Akwa Ibom Indigenes abroad.

A former aide of Akpabio , who does not want to be named, told our correspondent in Uyo, on Tuesday, that the former governor had advised Emmanuel not to embark on the journey because the trip was unnecessary, considering the cost it involved.

He maintained that Akpabio had asked Emmanuel to avoid spending money on things that would not generate revenue for the state, but should focus on attracting investors into the state.

According to him, since Emmanuel had assumed office as Akwa Ibom State governor, the Akwa Ibom people have not felt the impact of his administration.

He noted that since Emmanuel took over from Akpabio as governor 66 days ago, the state has not witnessed any significant progress.

He revealed that Emmanuel left Akwa Ibom with a delegation of over 60 persons. They would spend two weeks in the US.

He added that Akpabio considered the trip unnecessary. He said it would not add value to Akwa Ibom people at home.

The convener, Coalition of Human Rights Defenders, Akwa Ibom State chapter, Mr. Inibehe Effiong, said Emmanuel learnt his wasteful attitude from Akpabio. He added that few weeks ago, Emmanuel was spotted at the Ibom International Airport on a chartered jet.

He said, “I can tell you, Emmanuel is very wasteful. The other day, he was seen at the Ibom International Airport on a chartered flight. Why has the governor chosen to go on a chartered flight when the economy of the country is wobbling? This does not make sense.

“He (Emmanuel) learnt his wasteful attitude from his master, Senator Godswill Akpabio. The trip is a way of siphoning money from the state; it is purely based on self-interest. We hope the whole thing will soon be over. We don’t have a governor yet,” he said.

But in a swift reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ekerette Udoh, who is also in the US, said Emmanuel was not only the governor of those that reside in Akwa Ibom State but a governor of the Akwa Ibom people, irrespective of where they live.

He stated that the summer convention was an important occasion as it attracted many governors from the country.

He noted that Emmanuel did not embark on the trip for selfish reasons, but to woo industrialists to the state.

He said, “The Akwa Ibom State governor is the governor of all Akwa Ibom people wherever they may be in the world. He has a right to tell them his programmes for the state.

“The summer convention is a very important occasion. Emmanuel is there to attract investors to the state. Many other governors in the Nigeria are also in the United States for the same reason.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/akpabio-unhappy-with-aibom-gov-over-us-trip/
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by sapientia(m): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
He can travel to Jupiter..

But i sure do hope its not with 60 people and on the state resources
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by strongerthaneva(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

O ni sho ri re, ship ma kpa yin.
Omo ale, e ma kun bi ewure
Oloriburuku omo oshi
crocodile lo ma pa gbeyin..oni se orire la to aro Di ale..ire ko ni ya ile re..wa run pa ku ni ooo bi ogo nje ti olorun..Ola awlah walakuwata billa liazim..omo pau bi ibon..omo ale NL omo ibu larin ebi..
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Mogidi: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Picomon:

Moses walahi u knw get sense! Haba.

ok i hear u

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Musiwa419:
What is Akwa-Ibom ?
Akwa Ibom is a state in the South-south region of Nigeria. The state produces/generates the highest revenue to the Federal Government more than any other state in Nigeria. A quarter of the revenue from A/Ibom is more than enough to develop your state as well as feed the poverty-stricken indigenes there for 10 years. I blame your grand-father for using your brain as a sacrifice in his witch-craft.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
nigerians r so foolish n gullible that they just accept anythng they read on media.
abeg shey udom follow buhari go cameroun on tuesday n they came back on thursday? na question o...
friday he left for usa n came in on monday morning, i knw this cos my frnd is stayng opp udom at f-line in ewet housing estate.
pls help me calculate btween friday n monday morning weada na 2weeks, 14days?
n abeg dis source no get name?
in this era of freedom of speech, why hide under unknown source to rreel out fake news n y try to cause crisis between udom n akpabio?
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Mistaarhlohki(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
undercurrent:
I live in Akwa Ibom, i voted for this guy yet am still breathing old air. No impact whatsoever.

My friends call him Acting Governor.

Impatient Akwa ibomite...do you expect an over night turn around of things....oh wake up already dude...
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by undercurrent(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Mistaarhlohki:

Impatient Akwa ibomite...do you expect an over night turn around of things....oh wake up already dude...

Am expecting a change in flavor after licking vanilla for 8yrs.Akpabio made us believe we were getting strawberry.
Let me also add that fot a state gets abt the highest allocation, there's no time for patience.
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by sucess001(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thunder fire any governor who says he is traveling to woo industrialists..

If the conditions are right...industrialists will come on their own!

How many foreign leaders come to Naija to 'woo' industrialists?

Thieves!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
richommie:

FAR BETTER DAN GODSWILL?

IFFA HEAR

GOAN SLEEP MISS

#YOLO

lool, akpabio looted your state, funded PDP grossly and wasted funds, despite all that you see on ground, it is chicken money compared to the money that your state gets, stop living in delusion. Ask Ngozi Iwela, she will expose Akpabio.

Udom is not wasteful, note that your money will be judicious used.
after 4-8years u will see the difference

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Seun360(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ogbenijhybo:

my brother, you're a learner when it comes to the party that waste resources.
Guess you'll already forgot the party that budgeted over 1bn naira for Food n drinks. or fueling a generator!

You get time to answer dem.

Useless PDP.
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
kel4soft:

Am referring to the election petition that is currently on at Abuja. He may lose his seat before November. The evidence of electoral fraud is overwhelming and the Judges may nullify his election.
till then, but God will not allow it, because the APC candidate is a thief, who has been part of government since 1999-2014 only join Apc because he didn't get support of the governor to contest

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
irishCream:

Hian, see defence shocked

Eyeneka mbok if you're in any way related to Udom correct please tell him to increase the salary of civil servants, that peanuts no fit cater for my two unborn kids cry
what level are you?
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by bigerboy200: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
kaycid77:

They guy is busy gallivanting with APC .... they way he is romancing APC, I hope he will not decamp. He is the only PDP governor that is doing that. PDP governors dont waste state resources like APC Govs do
Wasn't it Akpabio dat used akwa ibom's state money to sponsor 2face's wedding in dubai?? Gave dem SUV as gift...d same Govenor gave Mc Galaxy a 2015 model of anoda SUV...abeggy..PDP Govenors are waste demselves..hoping nature flushes dem into gutter.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Mistaarhlohki(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
undercurrent:

Am expecting a change in flavor after licking vanilla for 8yrs.Akpabio made us believe we were getting strawberry.
Let me also add that fot a state gets abt the highest allocation, there's no time for patience.

Then do something....blow up the state Capitol building, that's being serious so they will take you serious... angry

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by StOla: 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
face front, you are not aware of contracts that have been awarded or what, your friends are APC sympathizers simple, they don't see any thing good in anyone except themselves.

Udom is by far better than Akpabio himself. by the end of 2019, you will testify.

What a hypocrite you are.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by ekefre4(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
gbishman:
IS THIS GOVERNOR A GOVERNOR OR A PUPPET. DID ANYONE TELL AKPABIO NOT TO TRAVEL WHILE GOVERNOR. DID HIS NEPHEW ABI IN-LAW NOT SLAP THE SITTING GOVERNOR SIMPLY BECAUSE HE REFUSED TO MAKE HIM COMMISSIONER.
stop reading global concord...it wilp draw u backwards
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by ekefre4(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Felixsun20:
Akwa Ibom is a state in the South-south region of Nigeria. The state produces/generates the highest revenue to the Federal Government more than any other state in Nigeria. A quarter of the revenue from A/Ibom is more than enough to develop your state as well as feed the poverty-stricken indigenes there for 10 years. I blame your grand-father for using your brain as a sacrifice in his witch-craft.
Do u take orijin?

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:

What a hypocrite you are.
yeloba bigot, explain the hypocrisy in statement
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
ekefre4:
stop reading global concord...it wilp draw u backwards
you are wicked, you mean he lives at ibom plaza, i heard that is where the papers sells
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by nigerianvenom(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
kel4soft:

Are you aware, Udom is already looking forward to a re-run in that state. If the evidence currently on the floor of the judges at the tribunal re anything to go by. Then, prepare for yourself to vote Udom again. Cos is not looking rosy at all to be fair.

What are the evidence tendered?
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by missKiffy(f): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Slow and steady, d governor will get dere
Bt if nah Buhari now, you wont want to hear slow and steady

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
missKiffy:

Bt if nah Buhari now, you wont want to hear slow and steady
Stop quoting me
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by ekefre4(m): 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
you are wicked, you mean he lives at ibom plaza, i heard that is where the papers sells
grin grin grin n u said I was wicked undecided
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by missKiffy(f): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Stop quoting me
Am still interested in knowing what you will do if I don't

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by StOla: 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
yeloba bigot, explain the hypocrisy in statement

I can see you have a speech defect.

You are hereby pardoned because of your handicapped condition.

I learnt Tom Tom does the magic.

As for your hypocrisy, you claim someone else doesn't see anything good in others, when you are the epitome of such character.

Imagine you calling me a bigot for calling you a hypocrite on a matter that is of no tribal significance. Then you corrupt my tribe name because of your speech handicap.
Does your speech handicap prevent you from spelling right also?

You see why you are a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:

I can see you have a speech defect.

You are hereby pardoned because of your handicapped condition.

I learnt Tom Tom does the magic.

As for your hypocrisy, you claim someone else doesn't see anything good in others, when you are the epitome of such character.

Imagine you calling me a bigot for calling you a hypocrite on a matter that is of no tribal significance. Then you corrupt my tribe name because of your speech handicap.
Does your speech handicap prevent you from spelling right also?

You see why you are a hypocrite?
you have not proved my hypocrisy. give me an example??

i maintain, yelobas are bigots, you call me hypocrite because I don't dance to APC's rhythm
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by irishCream: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
what level are you?

08, newly recruit.
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by StOla: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
you have not proved my hypocrisy.

i maintain, yelobas are bigots

Ok you win this one for reasons you already know. wink

Let's forget the rancour.

How are you?
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
irishCream:

08, newly recruit.
you mean this year?? have your ministry done biometric data capture??
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by irishCream: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Happiness87:
you mean this year?? have your ministry done biometric data capture??

They're on it, I'm.serious about my request, we need someone close to him to tell him that the civil servants are suffering, what can mere 50k do for a graduate

That's one of the more reason UOU is hated, he was in position to do that but cos of his greed he didn't, someone should push it for us mbok.
I left a contract job I was earning higher to come and experience this, it's not funny! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#tyrantbuhari Now Trending On Twitter see (snapshot) / Buba Galadima Kicks As AMCON Takes Over Company, Home / Patrick Obahiagbon On Bishop Oyedepo's Slaps Giving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.