Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) (49716 Views)

Ikoyigate: DO NOT Make Public Your Findings, Former Minister Warns Osinbajo!!! / ‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / James Ocholi Is Dead (Minister Of Labour, State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by legalwealth(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2015
The road is very good.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by jomoh: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:

What has buhari done to the power sector within the last two months to be praised for the surge in power output other than ordering his boys blowing up the pipes that carry gas to the power stations to observe a detenté?

Buhari was the chief terrorist in charge of Boko Haram.

So Buhari is now the leader of Militants blowing up pipelines.

Ok. We don yhia
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2015
MrPresident:
this one leads deputy senate president's home state grin

Good....now let us blame the appropriate minister....or local authorities for not doing their job.

And let us hope PMB appoints an action minded works minister.....someone who would be like late Mamman Kontagora who was not the best minister of works Nigeria ever had....but who always made sure he did something whatever post he served in.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Icon4s(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2015
yusufobinna1:
sorry LIAR,aba owerri road is a state road.I base in d state and to back up ur point its bad drainage system that caused it but that road belongs to abia state and don't b deceived by the name of the road.

I guess Aba and Owerri are in d same state. undecided
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by MaziOmenuko: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2015
yusufobinna1:
sorry LIAR,aba owerri road is a state road.I base in d state and to back up ur point its bad drainage system that caused it but that road belongs to abia state and don't b deceived by the name of the road.

Mr yusuf, how is a road linking two different states be a state rd? That the section of the road in imo is better than the section in Abia does not mean that the road is a state rd!
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by eagleonearth(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2015
Icon4s:
He was jst a minister of labour and productivity.
Op so u wanted him to divert public funds to tar d road leading to his home town?. That Aba-Owerri road is a Federal road. Is there no house of Rep member from that area? Is there no sitting senator from that senatorial district?

If he had tared d road to his village it is pple like op that will still come here shouting "Emeka Nwogu diverted public funds to tar d road to his home town".

That road is an equivalent of lets say Benin-Ore road(both are federal roads). Imagine u blaming a minister of Agriculture hu is from Benin for not fixing d Benin-Ore road when dat road was bad.
I'm yet to see Nigerians wail cuz a project like road construction was done, even if it was done with diverted funds. Nigerians only wail cuz those swines on the corridors of power divert public funds into their pockets. As an erstwhile minister of labour and productivity, what has he to show for it in his hometown having that deplorable road there? Even if that road is a federal one, as a federal man he was, what stopped him from riveting the attention of his former principal whom he hobnobs and gallivants with day and night on it. Maybe he was waiting for the lawmakers from that area to do that while he attends FEC meetings weekly in vain. If what the Op posted is the reality, then wogu gaffed.

1 Like

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Slimvincent(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2015
CreampieAngela:
Is this how Biafra looks like
Yes, this is hw it looks like. Cos northern/western thieves r seizing our own oyel moni dat we cud hv use on our own road
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by sage2(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
He was not elected a state governor. It is not a minister's duty to fix the roads in his village
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by MaziOmenuko: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And he was not the Minister of Works.

If you want to blame someone...blame the appropriate Minister.

You don't know how politics work, do you? Why do you think people clamor for their zones to get more political appointments? Its because of stuffs like these: so you can attract 'federal presence'. The minister of works will not know the condition of all federal roads in the country be default as ministry of works is not all about roads alone.

These federal appointees are 'supposed' to pressure the government into seeing the need to repair a road in their 'zone' and make sure it is added in the budget!

I'm not supposed to be lecturing you on this.

3 Likes

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by ahamonyeka(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
He can't even put the road in a good condition so that the good work he has done will continue to follow him incase of tomorrow if he is contesting for a post or his son or daughter.all they do is loot for their own selfish interest.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by abagoro(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Mr yusuf, how is a road linking two different states be a state rd? That the section of the road in imo is better than the section in Abia does not mean that the road is a state rd!

The poster did not make the necessary clarification. Owerri-Aba is an Ngwa speaking town in Ugwunagbo LGA of Abia State and is no where near any road that leads to Owerri in Imo State. I think it is somehow a conurbation of Aba city. The road should definitely be a State road.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

You don't know how politics work, do you? Why do you think people clamor for their zones to get more political appointments? Its because of stuffs like these: so you can attract 'federal presence'. The minister of works will not know the condition of all federal roads in the country be default as ministry of works is not all about roads alone.

These federal appointees are 'supposed' to pressure the government into seeing the need to repair a road in their 'zone' and make sure it is added in the budget!

Regardless of how politics works.....there are designated people for designated jobs....and if such people are not doing their jobs...then the political action needed in this matter is making sure such people either perform....or are sacked.

We suffer in Nigeria because people cannot do their jobs unless they are influenced to do so. That is wrong...and that must stop.

And FHS.....what are there representatives for? And are the people of the area so lazy that they cannot put pressure on their represntatives, their governors and their LG chairmen to do their job. Or are we suddenly going to announce that ministers of labour also do the jobs that they were not appointed to do.? Would you accept financial advice from me, a doctor....rather than from the guy trained and appointed to do the job?
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Ponponkon: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2015
God bless you our unbiased mod bro lalasticlala for putting this on front page. This is the kind of news we need on the front page. May your day be long
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Ponponkon: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2015
abagoro:

The poster did not make the necessary clarification. Owerri-Aba is an Ngwa speaking town in Ugwunagbo LGA of Abia State and is no where near any road that leads to Owerri in Imo State. I think it is somehow a conurbation of Aba city. The road should definitely be a State road.

You have time to explain
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by bigiyaro(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2015
@op were is d road? Am only seein some pictures of a river taken from diffrent angles.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Xfemt(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

That's a federal govt rd and he was a federal appointee!

and so ?
so he should live his duty to face a road which is d responsibility of another minister.

my guy check am na
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Ugik(m): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2015
soaktoto4garri:
and ndigbo keep wailing over appointments when the gej admin gave alot appoinments to it and nothing to show for it. I just like baba style employing technocrats
son,you are quiet pathetic.you should focus on the topic of the thread and not get tribalistic with your comment..it shows your degraded level of intelligence..this aint the only bad road in nigeria.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Pennywise(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
The thread topic should read one of the homes of the former minister. If things get too bad in one home, as in access road inconvenience subject of this thread, he simply moves over to another home. This thread has nothing on the former minister. Lol
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by laudate: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Icon4s:
Op so u wanted him to divert public funds to tar d road leading to his home town?. That Aba-Owerri road is a Federal road. Is there no house of Rep member from that area? Is there no sitting senator from that senatorial district?

If he had tared d road to his village it is pple like op that will still come here shouting "Emeka Nwogu diverted public funds to tar d road to his home town".

That road is an equivalent of lets say Benin-Ore road(both are federal roads). Imagine u blaming a minister of Agriculture hu is from Benin for not fixing d Benin-Ore road when dat road was bad.

What stopped him from liaising with the then Minister of Works, to put pressure on his people to get the road fixed? shocked

There have also been many state governments that fix federal roads, and turn back to collect the money from the federal govt at a later date. Ask Fashola, how many federal roads he fixed in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Yksoul(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
WE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT THE MASSES ARE GOING THROUGH WHILE WE ARE IN GOVERNMENT ENJOYING,WE ARE GOING TO PASS THROUGH THE SAME AFTER LEAVING SERVING THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Yksoul(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
WE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT THE MASSES ARE GOING THROUGH WHILE WE ARE IN GOVERNMENT ENJOYING,WE ARE GOING TO PASS THROUGH THE SAME AFTER SERVING THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Yksoul(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
WE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT THE MASSES ARE GOING THROUGH WHILE WE ARE IN GOVERNMENT ENJOYING,WE ARE GOING TO PASS THROUGH THE SAME AFTER LEAVING SERVING THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by kechywillz(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Canoe can help him straight way home
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Icon4s:

your excuse doesn't hold water. why can't he influence the development of his home state. The former commissioner of finance delta state came from my town and he influenced the award of contracts for construction of roads, renovation of the hospital and schools plus construction of a much-needed bridge. He didn't award the contracts to himself but used his position to make the government do it. I can't be a minister and not influence positive development in my state or lga. it doesn't distract from the normal workings of my office. stop offering lame excuses for our leaders.

1 Like

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
laudate:

What stopped him from liaising with the then Minister of Works, to put pressure on his people to get the road fixed? shocked

There have also been many state governments that fix federal roads, and turn back to collect the money from the federal govt at a later date. Ask Fashola, how many federal roads he fixed in Lagos!
well said sir
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Regardless of how politics works.....there are designated people for designated jobs....and if such people are not doing their jobs...then the political action needed in this matter is making sure such people either perform....or are sacked.

We suffer in Nigeria because people cannot do their jobs unless they are influenced to do so. That is wrong...and that must stop.

And FHS.....what are there representatives for? And are the people of the area so lazy that they cannot put pressure on their represntatives, their governors and their LG chairmen to do their job. Or are we suddenly going to announce that ministers of labour also do the jobs that they were not appointed to do.? Would you accept financial advice from me, a doctor....rather than from the guy trained and appointed to do the job?
if I may ask, if you become a minister of health today and your hometown is ripe for a bank or maybe motorable road which it lacks and the community leaders cry to you, you won't pressure the representative, lga chairman, governor or national assembly to get help? or you will direct the village elders to go see the appropriate minister instead. which?
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

God bless you sir. good point

1 Like

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Adadio: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
CreampieAngela:
Is this how Biafra looks like

What is all these craze about Biaafraud?What greater fraud is there when in your country some are born to rule,census figures are skewed to favor the born to rule,Juicy appointments are made to favour same nitwits and those who are the megaphone of the oppressor ,mere slaves and cowards are shouting Biafra.What an irony.Some races should be pitied.
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by awenaibangbee: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
My grouse is that young people we demand that thier kids men are appointed to positions of authority. If the man does not give me money, and can't influence the provision of infrastructural development, of what use is this nonsense agitation for zoning of appointments?
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by buchilino(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Icon4s:

my brother i try 4 some people, u do A, they will complain, u do B, they will still complain
Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by fortunechy(m): 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
wetin concern us dia??

Re: This Road Leads To The Home Of Former Minister Of Labour And Productivity (pics) by Ngbolizhia1: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
BADNEAT:
nigerians sef...if he steals money and constructs that road,trouble..he uses his his office to secure the construction, abuse of office...he manages himself with d road,u still carry eem matter for head..
He is a total fallout of failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today Buhari Lost His Chill On Twitter Barely 24hrs After His Wife Did Same / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) / Soldiers, Police mount in front of Okorocha's Spibat residence In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.