Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash (63629 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Identifies Staff Who Defiled Her Inside School’s Toilet In Minna / Allwell Orji's Body Recovered From Lagos Lagoon, Family Identifies Him / Falae Identifies Kidnappers, 5 Docked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by wachakuta(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2015
Ex-federal agency chief may be declared wanted

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) yesterday said it had traced about $2.1million (N413million) seized at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos to a former Executive Secretary of a federal parastatal.

The commission said it might be forced to declare the man wanted if he does not show up for questioning.

The agency said all attempts to locate the man in Lagos and Abuja proved futile.

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on July 3 arrested a bureau de change operator, Mr. Ibiteye John Bamidele, at MMA Terminal 2 (MMA2) Lagos with the cash.

The Head of Public Affairs, NDLEA, Mitchel Ofoyeju, said Bamidele was arrested by anti-narcotic officials, who suspected that the cash was to be laundered.

The NDLEA handed over the suspect to the EFCC on July 8, following his confession that he was on money laundering errand for the ex-official.

It was, however, learnt that all attempts by the EFCC to interrogate the suspect had failed.

A top source in the agency said: “The EFCC has finalised a plan to declare the former parastatal’s chief wanted, over a $2.1million money laundering case.

“The anti-graft agency has been on his trail for weeks, since a certain Ibiteye John Bamidele named him as the owner of a $2,198,900 haul, recovered from him by men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.

“Ibiteye was arrested on July 3, 2015 at the Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos by the NDLEA and handed over to the EFCC on July 8, for further investigation.

“The suspect, upon interrogation, named as the owner of the money, but all efforts to locate him both in Lagos and his known address in Abuja proved futile.”

The Head of Media and Publicity of EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said: “We have plans to declare the man wanted. We urge anyone with information on his whereabouts to contact the Commission or the nearest police station.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-identifies-owner-of-2-1m-seized-cash/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by HungerBAD: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2015
The money officially belongs to Nigeria now.

Owo Ijoba ni.

Maybe the owner wanted to make a payment on a building, on Banana Island. I hear they take only Dollars there.

Meanwhile, the first convicted PDP THIEF is getting prayers from a CHURCH.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by wachakuta(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Oy shakiti bobo, owner don hide ooh..

See money no owner!!

Wobe wobe!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Melahou(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2015
noise everywhere

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Trailblazer1(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Pls, what's my jail time if I claim the cash undecided

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Lattop(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2015
I think the money is mine and now am confused smhcheesy

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by ibkgab001: 8:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Come to Ibadan he lives at old bodija

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by bettercreature(m): 8:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Stewpid people they want us to give them information about a nameless man
Am sure they want to pocket the money then realease the criminals
that is why they didnt release the name

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by ammyluv2002(f): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:
20 years tongue grin
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Scared to claim over #400million? The guilty are afraid. If it was a year ago that 'stealing wasn't corruption', he would have strolled down with his convoy, smoking Cuban cigar in his stretch limousine, but now stealing is actually corruption. A new Sheriff is in town.............. MG!

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Trailblazer1(m): 8:56am On Aug 06, 2015
ammyluv2002:
20 years tongue grin
Will the money also be collected from me after the jail time undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Elslim: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by emamos: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2015
bettercreature:
Stewpid people they want us to give them information about a nameless man
Am sure they want to pocket the money then realease the criminals
that is why they didnt release the name
something like that

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by emamos: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:
you'll be transfered to IRAN for fair trial

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by emamos: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2015
modelmike7:
Scared to claim over #400million? The guilty are afraid. If it was a year ago that 'stealing wasn't corruption', he would have strolled down with his convoy smoking Cuba cigar in his stretch limousine, but now stealing is actually corruption. A new Sheriff is in town.............. MG!
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by simpleseyi: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:

You will be prosecuted at the Shariah High Court. The jail term may range from amputation of arms and legs, to removal of both eyes, to beheading depending on how merciful the judge is.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Will the money also be collected from me after the jail time undecided
.............. Lolzz, Trailblazer, it seems you are serious about claiming this money o! Softly softly broda eh!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by UncleJudax(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2015
Too much talk. Do they want us to help in the search or arrest?

Awon talkatives!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Flyingngel(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Trailblazer1(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Pls, its the money in $100 notes undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Trailblazer1(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2015
modelmike7:
.............. Lolzz, Trailblazer, it seems you are serious about claiming this money o! Softly softly broda eh!
Let me first measure all possible risks and losses before I claim the cash grin. If EFCC can take 90% and give me 10% plus 5year jail time preferential treatment given to big thieves. Then I don't mind o.
Nigeria is not smiling at all grin

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Thezoomustfall: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by efilefun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
grin
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by jaybee3(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Someone needs to be sacked

Didn't you guys screen the threads on the FP to know it's a duplicated thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/2506532/efcc-launches-massive-manhunt-sacked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by adenine02: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
shocked
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by allanphash7(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
This is the pics shown the other time now

Nonsense
Re: EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerades Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order (Photos) / Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services / Man Slaughters His 14-year-old Brother For Money Ritual In Kwara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.