Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... (1164 Views)

"My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce / Babies Switched At Birth / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by ConfessionsNgr: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
I know some fathers don’t care a bit about their children or family but what about the mother who goes through the pain of carrying the pregnancy for 9 months and that of delivery. I have heard of mother abandoning babies but never thought it could happen to me. I’m a 20-year-old undergraduate in the university. I stay with my grandparents because my parents are separated. I was brought up by my paternal grandmother since when I was few months old. According to my grandmum, my mum abandoned me because of our low-level status. She said my mum thought my dad was from a rich family but realised he belong to the middle class and she was already pregnant. Her excuse then was that she can’t marry into a poor family. After waiting for few years thinking she would return, my dad had to remarry. She had also married another man. Now after 16 years of childlessness, she suddenly resurfaced. She wants me in her life, she want to be a mother to me after abandoning me for years. I returned home from school last week only to meet some people begging my grandmum for forgiveness. She did her best not to have introduced me to them. She told me their mission after they have left. Even though she brought me to this world, I don’t want her at all. My father also stood his ground that he doesn’t want her near me. What if she hasn’t been barren would she have remembered she has a child somewhere? Too late for her.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/193/why-does-she-want-me-now
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
so sad sad

What baffles me is how can a mother jx abandon her child like that at birth!!!! its nt fair at all and its so heartless.

Any mother that does that deserves to suffer big time! I can't even imagine me separating from my baby. gosh
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by jamex93(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmmm

Nothing person no go see for this life

Self centered mother
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by MRBrownJ: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
i would have replied:
although i understand how you may feel about her abandoning you, you have to remember that she is your BIOLOGICAL MOTHER and will always be. nobody is perfect and most people make mistakes (some bigger than others) but anyone can/should be forgiven with time. so i will suggest you guys start by communicating via email or chat, then see how it goes, and take it from there. there are many questions that may be bothering you and this is the time to put your mind at ease and ask them. at the end of the day, nobody can force you into having a r/ship with this stranger BUT, as long as it wont hurt you in anyway, then you might as well have one with her.

btw if she was childless for 16yrs and you are 20 then either she had you in her life for 4 yrs or this story is BS!

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by Noloss(f): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by ConfessionsNgr: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
MRBrownJ:
i would have replied:
although i understand how you may feel about her abandoning you, you have to remember that she is your BIOLOGICAL MOTHER and will always be. nobody is perfect and most people make mistakes (some bigger than others) but anyone can/should be forgiven with time. so i will suggest you guys start by communicating via email or chat, then see how it goes, and take it from there. there are many questions that may be bothering you and this is the time to put your mind at ease and ask them. at the end of the day, nobody can force you into having a r/ship with this stranger BUT, as long as it wont hurt you in anyway, then you might as well have one with her.

btw if she was childless for 16yrs and you are 20 then either she had you in her life for 4 yrs or this story is BS!

From the story it sounds like the mother got married to another man four years later. She could still abandon her child for those four years while searching for her supposed greener pastures.
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by MRBrownJ: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:
From the story it sounds like the mother got married to another man four years later. She could still abandon her child for those four years while searching for her supposed greener pastures.

you are right... but therefore she was childless for 20yrs, and not 16.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by jejelady(f): 4:28am On Aug 07, 2015
There are always two sides to a coin. I wouldn't say ur grandma is wrong but u will need to know the other part of the story before believing the whole thing.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by KanwuliaJara: 4:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Website of 'anonymous' tories! cheesy

Ok!
We don hia! I am really not interested in 'the details'.

Love is NOT by force. LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE YOU, and PHOCK those who don't! kiss

Her mother has made her choice.
Now, let her go and make hers! kiss

NO NEED FOR SELF-PITY. kiss
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Dis reminds me of a guy dat his parent....father and mother left him(mother put beside forest) wen he grew to a certain level he went to look for his father(his father threathen to shoot him)......men dis is so sad....
Re: My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... by malaria(f): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Poster, if I were you I will go and see ma mum and ask her questions. She has all the answers you need. You have taken sides wit your grandmum because she brought you up. you will never know the truth unless you meet your mum. Get to know who she is before jumping into the conclusion of her abandoning you. Who knows, may be she was the abandoned one.

(1) (Reply)

Too Close To The Sister-in-law / Goodnew!! Family Of The Girl Who Was Born Faceless Shows More Photos Of Her / Ladies Please Be Careful!! See The Lifeless Body Of A 20 Year Old Girl Found In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.