Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki (26109 Views)

Wasted Tricycles Bought By Atiku Bagudu As Constituency Project Contribution / Artillery Weapons Bought By Jonathan, Used By Late Col. Abu-led Troops (Video) / AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by koboko69: 1:27am On Aug 07, 2015
The immediate past National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, (retd), has given a hint that some arms and ammunition procured by the Jonathan administration had not arrived the country.

The former NSA said that some elements whose identities he did not disclose were frustrating the nation’s efforts to get the critically needed equipment to fight the Boko Haram insurgency.

According to Dasuki, the government had to issue queries to some arms suppliers for the delay in the supply of the items paid for by the government.

Dasuki was quoted as having made the comment in an interview with PR Nigeria, an Abuja based Media Consultancy outfit for the Nigerian military and security agencies.

He was also quoted as having said that some of the equipment procured by the Jonathan administration would arrive in the country very soon.

“It was unfortunate that some elements are frustrating the efforts. We even had to query some suppliers for the delay in the delivery of arms and ammunitions,” Dasuki was quoted as saying.

Dasuki said that the previous administration acquired a lot of highly sophisticated equipment to fight and reclaim 22 local government areas from the insurgents after years of frustration by Western countries.

It was stated that the items procured included “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers, MRAP vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunition, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 and carried out modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.”

The items also include armoured tanks with comprehensive NBC protection system, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles with capacity to withstand explosions, Improvised Explosive Devices and assorted armoured personnel carriers with effective protective system against small arms fire and shrapnel.

He said that the equipment were effectively utilised to recover 22 local government areas then under Boko Haram control and prevent the Boko Haram from disrupting the 2015 general election.

Dasuki was also quoted as having said that the security forces were able to use the equipment to prevent the leader of the sect, Abubakar Shekau, from releasing videos of threats against the country.

“We are glad that we also provided assorted Armoured Personnel Carriers to transport troops to the battlefield. They were armed for self defence and to provide protection from attacks from shrapnel and small arms fire.

“All these were acquired in the last one year after years of frustration by Western powers who denied us of the equipment and sabotaged our efforts to acquire same from other sources which are reasons for some delay in delivery,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/arms-bought-by-jonathan-govt-havent-arrived-nigeria-dasuki/

4 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by koboko69: 1:27am On Aug 07, 2015
He said that the equipment were effectively utilised to recover 22 local government areas then under Boko Haram control and prevent the Boko Haram from disrupting the 2015 general election.
This guy is just a bastard liar trying to save face. For all we know, the only meaningful achievement in the fight against BH was the 6 weeks political "miscalculation", where what the Nigerian army could not do in 6years, they suddenly did in 6 weeks. Exceot Dansuki is trying to say this weapons became functional only 6 weeks to election. The last one year before elections was stories of BH taking over local governments and hoisting flags, killing innocent people and not the other way around this clown is saying.

“It was unfortunate that some elements are frustrating the efforts.
The clown should mention names of "elements" or shut the hell up. This is no longer campaign period.

Like i said earlier wait till you are probed. All the dollars and naira you stole, you will cough them out like you have dollarculosis.

We are not fooled by the deceitful pictures you showed us, Okonjo also showed us figures too, but when Oshimole questioned further, she became silent ever since!!!

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by timilehin007(m): 1:27am On Aug 07, 2015
2nd

Koboko I stayed up just to announce my daughter's birthday nd I feels being at the very top will make it more entertaining...so can u be kind enuf to come down below? Just a step downward

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Demmocrats(m): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2015
The caption on this thread sounded like Nigerian scam format "the container still on the high sea funds needed to clear it grin cheesy"

Back to the content of the thread, can he stop the goose chase and name those individuals preventing the equipment from getting into the country and how on earth did the first equipment
Brought into the country was able to stop boko haram leader from sending his videos grin

Any way sha I talk am before it sounded like scam alert

If such equipment exist why Americans have not used it to stop isil videos, I laugh in foreign language

28 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Tbillz(m): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2015
Add your "sauce" else no front page for U!

1 Like

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Sinbad2007(m): 1:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Cry of a drowning man. Maybe they're bringing the arms and ammunition from another planet

20 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by koboko69: 1:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Demmocrats:
The caption on this thread sounded like Nigerian scam format "the container still on the high sea funds needed to clear it grin cheesy"

Back to the content of the thread, can he stop the goose chase and name those individuals preventing the equipment from getting into the country and how on earth did the first equipment
Brought into the country was able to stop boko haram leader from sending his videos grin

Any way sha I talk am before it sounded like scam alert

If such equipment exist why Americans have not used it to stop isil videos, I laugh in foreign language

The clown thinks we are fools. for the same country we all of know wetin dey happen before the 6 weeks magic. he is just whining about to garner sympathy. If there was no change in government now, they will keep blaming APC. Now APC is in power, except they want to tell us APC is destabilizing its own government grin

30 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by libertyfather(m): 2:14am On Aug 07, 2015
We are waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by emorse(m): 2:21am On Aug 07, 2015
**long hiss!!!*** Oshisco.

6 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by emorse(m): 2:25am On Aug 07, 2015
timilehin007:
2nd

Koboko I stayed up just to announce my daughter's birthday nd I feels being at the very top will make it more entertaining...so can u be kind enuf to come down below? Just a step downward

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. May she live a very long life filled with sweetness!!

64 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by tbagjames(m): 3:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Today is my birthday. May anything God has destined for me arrive at its due time in Jesus name.Amen

Modified: Happy birthday to the little princess above

41 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by mrvitalis(m): 3:14am On Aug 07, 2015
this man is definitely jail bond

7 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 07, 2015
...and when the arms arrive, Sai Buhari will take the praise again.

Dasuki doesn't need to call names, APC boko sympathisers and sponsors don't need introduction. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 07, 2015
ARMS CLOSE TO WEST GERMANY! GO SLOWWWWWWWWWW

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by jomoh: 6:06am On Aug 07, 2015
If they were APC members He woud have mentioned them to save himself.

The man knows more than he's letting up. they should handle him well.

14 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by azimibraun: 6:14am On Aug 07, 2015
Nigerian leaders should learn and know how to manage post service life... especially as it concerns the Media.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by NotNairalandi(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2015
Politician fooling themselves thinking they are fooling the masses!

6 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by CreampieAngela(f): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2015
Liar !

5 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by oluwafemi113(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2015

Because uncle Jonathan didn't follow due process.

Always going thru the back door.

South Africa Saga is a good example

7 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Ddonoflife(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2015
Asif dey even purchased it sef

7 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2015
Since?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Ddonoflife(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Nairalandi:
G
for goat

2 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by clefstone(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
I miss you GEJ......There was a president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by maxiuc(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Oga no go talk urself inside trouble oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Ndkings1(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Ok ooo
ND Kings the Don
Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by Warlord3000(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Hahahahaha

This dasuki funny walahi cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Arms Bought By Jonathan Govt Haven’t Arrived Nigeria – Dasuki by MistaHumble(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Really...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu Names Pension Thieves / 2023: Why We Are Forming New Political Movement - Okorocha / Presidential Debate For APC Presidential Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.