Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu (2307 Views)

6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Ndkings1(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2015
By Temidayo Akinsuyi - LAGOS
National Chairman, African Democratic Congress (ADC), Chief Ralph Nwosu has described as a shame the non-appointments of politicians or technocrats from the South East by President Muhamadu Buhari so far in his administration.
Speaking in an interview withDaily Independent, Nwosu who said Buhari is free to keep his appointments to himself add that the Igbo will not die if the president refuses to recognize them for appointments in his 4 or 8 years rule.
Chief Ralphs Okey Nwosu
He also described as disturbing scenario where the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is only interested in recognizing states that voted for the party in the just concluded general elections. This according to him, runs contrary to the spirit of equity and unity that binds the country together.
“ The other very disturbing scenario of the Buhari and APC government is this thing about leveraging only the states that voted for them. I dare to ask Mr. President, when he plotted the success coup in the army, was it only his co-conspirators that benefited. So the coup was not meant to better the entire nation. No wonder what happened afterwards”.
“I am not a parochial person but I do not understand why after about 24 appointments, President Buhari has not considered anyone from the South East as worthy of appointment. That is a shame. Never in the history of Nigeria has such a thing happened. It’s a shame”.
“When Obasanjo won in 1999 with Atiku as his Vice, he first appointed a political adviser in the person of Prof ABC Nwosu. We are not related; that was strategic. When leaders show insensitivity to some national realities the result is always predictable”.
“The Igbo nation will not die even if Buhari finishes 4 years or 8 years without appointing anyone of
them to any position. He can keep his appointments but let us have fairness, equity, and level playing ground. Ndigbo or any people in Nigeria will blossom in a free, fair and equitable environment” he said

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/08/igbo-nation-will-survive-without-buharis-appointments-nwosu/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by DEXTROVERT: 7:51am On Aug 07, 2015
NNPC nko?
That one no do una...
Ok
Expect appointment as president abi!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by kossyablaze(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Confirm

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by wachakuta(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Hehehe
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by heatflux: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Ok na

To whom it may concern

But why constant noise making?
1) If you see Nigeria as one, then you shouldn't be bothered about where appointments are going.
2) Do you know how many tribes are actually in Nigeria? If they start dashing appointment tribes by tribes.....
3) Politically: you can't eat your cake and have it now. The same man you said should be stoned.....
4) So when an Igbo man is most senior (career-wise) in his agency, you would prefer an hause/yoruba/fulani/tiv.... man(junior) to head the agency for tribal fairness?
5) 90% of that man's appointment has been based on merit. So you should expect him to give the remaining 10% to his "allies"
6) be patient, the appointments will eventually come. You have be complaining right from the very first appointment.
7) God bless Nigeria.
cc lalasticala

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by DaBullIT(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2015
Never Allow Ibo Rule Again

But that's just copy and paste

Hypocrisy of the highest order , As if the appointees from SE actually ever did anything for the region , One shyt is still smelling they want to shyt another one

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by kamair237(m): 7:57am On Aug 07, 2015
Sooooooo.....
Small small wailers.....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Infomizer(m): 7:59am On Aug 07, 2015
Defo...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by merry02(m): 8:01am On Aug 07, 2015
Buhari hard forgives,unrepented democrat
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by sammyj: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Ok oooooo. What I have to say to the wailing wailers is that they should just keep quiet and allow the PMB run his government is

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by 99100(m): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
NNPC nko? That one no do una... Ok Expect appointment as president abi!!
May thunder strike you there.
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by DEXTROVERT: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2015
99100:

May thunder strike you there.

Back to sender!!!

Lala some see this guy he's using fowl language on me.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2015
We have always maintained we don't need his appointments. When push comes to shove, we lock the head valves. Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by truefact: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2015
The jungle will always be a jungle
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by PentiumPro(f): 8:34am On Aug 07, 2015
So far, the Yebooes have been the most antagonistic to this new government right from the first day.
The way they are going about this issue will eventually be counter-productive to the Yiboooe nation. The Ijaws that should be more worried have accepted to lay low but not the Yiboess that saw themselves as the biggest losers from the GEJ's defeat.
The street is watching dem Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by PAINGAIN: 8:37am On Aug 07, 2015
Okoro2015:
We have always maintained we don't need his appointments. When push comes to shove, we lock the head valves. Hypocrites!
gbam! We don't need buhari's appointments. Igbos r not really into nigerian politics so we don't really care what buhari does. We just want our biafra,shikena. For all I care,buhari pls don't appoint anyone abeg, no igbo minister,adviser,aide,ambassador. It will give us more proof of d marginalisation of ndigbo, UN things. U all can try but as p diddy's song says, "CAN'T NOBODY HOLD US NDIGBO DOWN".

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by babadem2much(m): 8:37am On Aug 07, 2015
If they are not intrested why RANTING?
However, i still believe he PMB has not made all the appointments cuz the fifteen SA's are yet to be confirmed, ministers, Ambassadors etc. Wait till the tin pass ur frontage e no park i just know Nigerians to be over anxious over issues.

God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by PAINGAIN: 8:43am On Aug 07, 2015
PentiumPro:
So far, the Yebooes have been the most antagonistic to this new government right from the first day.
The way they are going about this issue will eventually be counter-productive to the Yiboooe nation. The Ijaws that should be more worried have accepted to lay low but not the Yiboess that saw themselves as the biggest losers from the GEJ's defeat.
I don't understand what u mean by counter productive to d igbos bcus last time I checked, there has never been a time igbos were ever favoured by any government, past and present. We want out, period. Buhari should take his appointments and shove it up his candy ar5e. We don't need it/them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by LoveMachine(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2015
heatflux:
Ok na

To whom it may concern

1) If you see Nigeria as one, then you shouldn't be bothered about where appointments are going.
2) Do you know how many tribes are actually in Nigeria? If they start dashing appointment tribes by tribes.....
3) Politically: you can't eat your cake and have it now. The same man you said should be stoned.....
4) So when an Igbo man is most senior (career-wise) in his agency, you would prefer an hause/yoruba/fulani/tiv.... man(junior) to head the agency for tribal fairness?
5) 90% of that man's appointment has been based on merit. So you should expect him to give the remaining 10% to his "allies"
6) be patient, the appointments will eventually come. You have be complaining right from the very first appointment.
7) God bless Nigeria.
cc lalasticala

Chuuuch. Tell 'em till it sinks in.
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Iykopee(m): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2015
PentiumPro:

^^^^ This is a hoeruba man's life. Didnt they complain during GEJ's term as not carrying them along? Why shud Igbo complain now and all u cud do is show off ur lunacy? Arent u peeps on d same page?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by bigiyaro(m): 9:03am On Aug 07, 2015
only retaardeens would tink of dat in d first place.
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Ndkings1(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2015
We dnt need his appointement...we igbo hav always survived persecution right from time
ND Kings the Don
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Bobbystanley(m): 9:07am On Aug 07, 2015
Before nko

We dont need an appointment from a Dullard to survive

It is well with Biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by EastLebanon(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2015
Apointment or no appointment,igbos will continue soaring high.
Over 2 million igbos were killed during the civil war,still yet we are among the first three,and it has been estimated that we would have been the largest if we had participated majorly polygamy just like the hausas and yorubas.
We were given £20 pounds after the war,and today we have two people in forbes richest list(tony elumelu and orji uzor kalu).
We were starved during the war,making us to develope kwashiokor and today we are better off.
They destroyed our structures during the war,but today our region is among the most developed.
Is it appointment that will kill us?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by PentiumPro(f): 9:45am On Aug 07, 2015
Iykopee:

[s]^^^^ This is a hoeruba man's life. Didnt they complain during GEJ's term as not carrying them along? Why shud Igbo complain now and all u cud do is show off ur lunacy? Arent u peeps on d same page[/s]?

PAINGAIN:
[s]I don't understand what u mean by counter productive to d igbos bcus last time I checked, there has never been a time igbos were ever favoured by any government, past and present. We want out, period. Buhari should take his appointments and shove it up his candy ar5e. We don't need it/them[/s].

Undiluted nonsense. Go and cry to the President in Abuja and stop disturbing the peace of the social media with your unending wailing.
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Goke7: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2015
PentiumPro:
The street is watching dem Igbos

I thought I was the only one who has observed this! very surprising
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Goke7: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2015
It so amazing that a section of the country who never saw or expecting anything good in Buhari before the elections will turn around to start expecting a lot of bounties from him, is that how cheap we are in this country?

This only confirms what some of us have been saying all along that the south east historically can never play opposition politics, they have always aligned themselves with the center and have suddenly found themselves in a strange land, hence the agitation for biafra in some quarters.

Al this talk about we don't need appointment to survive is like blowing hot air and its getting stale, is there no other better strategy?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by henchamb(m): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2015
I dont knw why all these noise about appointment.
Am igbo and Jonathan appointed some prople frim my community, those appointees didn't build roads as our road don waka through erosion. No water, no school, they Couldn't get job for the unemployed graduates from the community. All we need is appointment that will provide jobs for all Nigerians through merit shikena

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Nnpc is for southsouth as a geopolitical zone.southeast is a diff zone
DEXTROVERT:
NNPC nko?
That one no do una...
Ok
Expect appointment as president abi!!
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2015
Yeah., we don't need it, we are strong and survival's. Buhari should go to hell with his appointment
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Sweetlemon(f): 10:58am On Aug 07, 2015
heatflux:
Ok na

To whom it may concern

7) God bless Nigeria.
cc lalasticala

The bolded makes the most sense. How many Oron men (my tribe) have appointments in even Akwa-Ibom state not to talk of FG?? In fact if I haven't been mentioning my tribe here, how many people here have ever heard of Oron?? It will shock most of you that Akwa-Ibom and Cross river has over 30 ethnic groups btw them but most of you only hear of Ibibio, annang and efik.
So please leave matter.
Nigeria's issues run far beyond "marginalization"
Re: Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

The bolded makes the most sense. How many Oron men (my tribe) have appointments in even Akwa-Ibom state not to talk of FG?? In fact if I haven't been mentioning my tribe here, how many people here have ever heard of Oron?? It will shock most of you that Akwa-Ibom and Cross river has over 30 ethnic groups btw them but most of you only hear of Ibibio, annag and efik.
So please leave matter.
Nigeria's issues run far beyond "marginalization"

NONSENSE. This is Nigeria and every group has the right to demand for inclusion in the government that they are part of.

Igbos are a major force in the fight for independence. They shouldn't be neglected. You don't neglect a majority.

But if they must, we would survive and be good nonetheless. We only demand for what is just.

After all, federal character is enshrined in our constitution.

You are always found in igbo threads, hater!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GAY ; Man Bites Off Another Man's Lip Over Refusal For Sex. Picture. / Saraki Tells CCTT-"I Am Here Because I'm The Senate President / See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.