Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market (39438 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Certification Vs Masters: Which Is Hotter In Nigerian Labour Market? / Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by shamecurls(m): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Let me be honest with you with regards to the Nigerian Factor. You re as good as the person with a first class. It just biols down to your access to information and contacts. If know people guy! You can be a professor in Nigeria without writing thesis. Its an open field in Nigeria where who u know matters a lot. Am not saying people with First class and 2.1 don't have an edge but its minute as far as Nigeria is concerned. Even after getting employed, promotion is based on your political prowness. Lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by skywalker495(m): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
fp tinz cool
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by zabson(m): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Long legs..if u have, yes!
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by sukkot: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
nobleens:
With the high rate of students graduating from the Nigerian institutions, what is the hope of a 2.2, third and pass holder in the Nigerian labour market?

Opinions please..

just get a trade on the side. learn how to sew and open your own boutique. then you are in control of your life. your skills your time. be your own boss. control your own destiny
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Polithiefcian(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
is it advisable for a graduate of History to register for Project Mangement professional course?

Advice pls
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by millionboi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Not in dis age of high unemployment
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Ybnm4life(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Most employees don't really care about certification these days anymore especially if you graduated from a prestigious university... A 2.2 from Unilag is better than a 2.1 from any university from Ogun state...
But everything depends on God, even people that graduated with first class are still yet to be employed. Just pray God smiles on whatever grade you have and you are in the lahbour market...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Jimwalex(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Go for ur masters and be prayerful.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by no2fuks(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=atama27 post=36699642][/quote] myths
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by oyefeel(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
If there could be hope for Hnd With Lower Credit,there is hope for you. But on one condition. shocked shocked

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and
Be faithful in all you are doing . Then see favour working for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by detunj: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
khassy:
yes

learn a trade or get professional certificate
not funny dude
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Even the political party called hope has lost hope in 2019 election coz no hope for them anymore.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by smudge2079(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yes, there is....In wyclef voice.."take my lyf for example...while i sing my song"
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by tunergy(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hope for 2.2 graduate is ZERO in the Labour market,

But if you would USE your HEAD, you can become an entrepreneur and employ 2.2 graduates.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by mightycrown1(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
no hope at all.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by prettyjo(f): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
we are tired of discussing and even seeing this topic over and over again.
mstchewwwwwwwwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by HirstMOG(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
nobleens:
With the high rate of students graduating from the Nigerian institutions, what is the hope of a 2.2, third and pass holder in the Nigerian labour market?

Opinions please..

The only hope I know of is to advise your younger ones if you have any to take their studies serious while the opportunity is still within their reach.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Yungmilio2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
the mindset of most graduate is to graduate from school
and get a good job
that's why most are bothered with the grade ish
l
once students stop having the mindset of get ur cert and start searching for a job - they will - see that it isnt and issue to take serious
btw no much jobs for 2/1 grads in the country
start doing something
l
is not all about having large capital
sometimes great ideas - do more of mental planning
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Topsido(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
No hope. Lol.
Does anyone still ask this kinda question in 2015? Osu mi o.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Topsido(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
No hope. Lol.
Does anyone still ask this kinda question in 2015? Osu mi o.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by no2fuks(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
let NL tell it 1st class and 2:2 are on the same level lmao.

it is like someone scoring 300 in jamb vs. 200. who is more likely to enter uni first?

don't beleive the hype.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by DTOBS(m): 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
Coming out with a 2.2 is not the end of the world. With God all things are possible.
My advice is dt u add professional certificates in various fields to it plus go for your PGD/MSC at once to be able to stand out.

#Godisstillincontrol.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by kunle75(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=atama27 post=36699642][/quote]

i keep telling our graduates who care to listen that as long as you have God grace with you,your is a bit irrelevant,

i graduated from LASU with a 2:2 in 2004 and my life has continue to move on an irreversible momentum.

Grace Grace Grace is all i can say .................. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please dont condemn your self

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by ifeomaekol(f): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Am nt saying u shuldnt wrk hard and make good grades bt I think what u shuld be asking is- do I hv the grace of God? Cos grace covers everything, when u hv d the grace of God, u cn hv anything u want.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by braine(m): 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yes>
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by coolluk(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
lol
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by bobolizim(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Youngzedd:
You're paid for what you can do, not what you know.
and Wat u can do is not Wat u know?say Wat u no...nd don't type rubbish here:.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by busayochic: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
My dear friend, I finished with a 3rd class and today I'm a manager at a multinational company. Believe in God, believe in yourself and develop yourself!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Start pursuing ur dreams if I were u.
Ppl with results like that pursue there dreams, y ppl with 2.1 and 1st class pursue der certificates.
Start now. Mk it seem like u are competing with those with 1st class sooner or later u might be d one hiring them.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Trulie(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
nobleens:

Opinions please..

Aim for a professional cert bro and ur class of degree will mean little.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
nobleens:

Opinions please..

They should belie e in what they can do rather than the grade on their cert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Ptdf Oil And Gas Field Training Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.