Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market (39445 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Certification Vs Masters: Which Is Hotter In Nigerian Labour Market? / Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by DanAdes525(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Though you have a valid point(s) I beg to differ a little..
Thay way you are painting/categorising 2.2 is appalling , its not as bad as you are saying!!!..you even said work "EXTRA HARD"..
My Elder Cousin graduated with 2.2 nd got his first Job immediately after service...he has no Masters!! No certification!! No connections!!! Just GOD's grace.. Though his pay was 57K-65K per annum...but that was a starting point in his life...today he earns over 200k...I am not saying this to encourage students to be less-ambitious or unserious in their education-NO....all am saying is that 2.2 is not as bad as you made it to look...
Some people that made 2.2 grade on a 5.0 CGPA scale are 3.3, 3.4 even 3.48 ..but couldn't make 3.5(2.1) due to a missing script or some other issues undecided.
On a personal note, my course mate graduated with 3.45 nd believe me when I say that she is academically better than most of my other course mates that made 3.5 nd above... She can defend herself nd represent herself better than most second class upper degree holders!!!...Exams is not the true test of knowledge nd intelligence!!!
You forget to mention that some 1st class nd Second class upper degree holders are under-employed or even unemployed with their some of their counterparts that made 2.2, 3rd class nd pass...

This is exactly where I find myself. I initially panicked, but later I got as comfortable as shitt. I was just part of the graduating 10% from my department. I've made up my mind to buy the jamb direct entry form sometime this year and study medicine.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Mcowubaba: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
DanAdes525:

This is exactly where I find myself. I initially panicked, but later I got as comfortable as shitt. I was just part of the graduating 10% from my department. I've made up my mind to buy the jamb direct entry form sometime this year and study medicine.
Why
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by DanAdes525(m): 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Why

Just cos, the present situation of Nigeria do not favour 2"2 graduates. And I just want to watch my passion for medicine and surgery grow. I also see an advantage in the fact that if things work out fine, in 6-7yrs time I should be an employed doctor.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Mcowubaba: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
DanAdes525:

Just cos, the present situation of Nigeria do not favour 2"2 graduates. And I just want to watch my passion for medicine and surgery grow. I also see an advantage in the fact that if things work out fine, in 6-7yrs time I should be an employed doctor.
I am not a Motivational speaker or Pastor, but the Situation of Nigeria must not apply in your life... What's ur leveling of education now....
I'm also in the Medical line, I did Public Health (Epidemiology nd disease control option )....
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by DanAdes525(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

I am not a Motivational speaker or Pastor, but the Situation of Nigeria must not apply in your life... What's ur leveling of education now....
I'm also in the Medical line, I did Public Health (Epidemiology nd disease control option )....

I have a Bachelors, BSc. Biochemistry. Very strong 2"2. Could do a masters almost immediately. (Graduated 2015). Serving in April.
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Mcowubaba: 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
DanAdes525:

I have a Bachelors, BSc. Biochemistry. Very strong 2"2. Could do a masters almost immediately. (Graduated 2015). Serving in April.
I have an advise for you....
1. If you have sufficient finance, do ur master's degree in Public health or Public Health nd Nursing in a foreign school (Canada, USA, France, Germany, New Zealand)

2. I won't tell you to 4get abt your dreams of being a Medical Doctor, but I will tell you that you will still be very happy nd accomplished if you do other medical related courses, not that I'm promoting my course (Public Health) but actually right now the Medical World is laying more emphasis on Preventive medicine (ie Public health) than curative medicine (Medical Doctors) all this epidemics (lassa fever, Ebola) are all strictly Public Health emergencies, most medical Doctors are rushing to do MPH- Masters in Public Health..... It is also a field work nd it is very lucrative nd enticing just like Medicine nd surgery....
U don't need to go back to School all over just for medicine nd surgery.... Time no dey.... Life too short...
But anyway, put it in Prayer nd ask for good Intuition nd guidance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by DanAdes525(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

I have an advise for you....
1. If you have sufficient finance, do ur master's degree in Public health or Public Health nd Nursing in a foreign school (Canada, USA, France, Germany, New Zealand)

2. I won't tell you to 4get abt your dreams of being a Medical Doctor, but I will tell you that you will still be very happy nd accomplished if you do other medical related courses, not that I'm promoting my course (Public Health) but actually right now the Medical World is laying more emphasis on Preventive medicine (ie Public health) than curative medicine (Medical Doctors) all this epidemics (lassa fever, Ebola) are all strictly Public Health emergencies, most medical Doctors are rushing to do MPH- Masters in Public Health..... It is also a field work nd it is very lucrative nd enticing just like Medicine nd surgery....
U don't need to go back to School all over just for medicine nd surgery.... Time no dey.... Life too short...
But anyway, put it in Prayer nd ask for good Intuition nd guidance

Very insightful, Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by giztzone(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2018
Internship Notice...
please you are advised to share this with all student/graduate in your contact to enable them not to miss this special opportunity.

1) Intern (Blue Intern Program) recruitment at Standard Bank (April 2018)

https://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/04/intern-blue-intern-program-recruitment.html?m=1

2) Graduate Internship recruitment at FITC Nigeria (2018)
https://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/04/graduate-internship-recruitment-at-fitc.html?m=1
3) Reconciliation Officer at Graduate Finance Intern - Hotels.ng (2018)
https://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/04/reconciliation-officer-at-graduate.html

4) Baker Hughes Graduate Interns Recruitment, (2018)

https://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/04/baker-hughes-graduate-interns.html

5) Business development Intern recruitment at Orbitech Technologies (2018)

https://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/04/business-development-intern-recruitment.html?m=1
*please rebroadcast its is very important*
Happy New month..
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by piagetskinner(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
nobleens:
With the high rate of students graduating from the Nigerian institutions, what is the hope of a 2.2, third and pass holder in the Nigerian labour market?

Opinions please..

I guess you came out with a 2.2 or 3rd class...

well it doesn't matter really.. I've seen where individuals with those grades got good jobs
the most important thing is to believe in yourself and break boundaries

plus you're cute too..who wouldn't give u a job D:
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by dopestkidda(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by fabbiano77(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2019
This is a country where the credibility of some so-called 2-1 cert are even doubtful. Sometimes many things goes under the carpet in our uni. Some 2-2 may even be good or would have achieved 2-1but due to some constraints in their academics such loss of a breadwinner, lack of fund, being self independent in training yourself in school and all the hussle. So there are many factors that can make a first class to come down to 2-1 or even 2-2. Our challenges are not all same and equal & our individual ability to withstand stress differs...But pple seem to take it on face-value without checking the nitty-gritty of the case
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by sparkle444: 4:11pm On May 10, 2019
VICTORIA'S BEAUTY SKINCARE AND SPA

We are recruiting to fill the positions below: - SALES REP (must be computer literate)
- SPA THERAPIST (minimum of 2years experience and must live around Omole, Magbodo, Ikeja or Ojodu)
- DISPATCH RIDER - DRIVER
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Candidates should submit their CV to Victoria's Beauty New Outlet situated at
No 9, Dipo Abe street Ojodu Berger OR you can send your application and position applied for via Whatsapp to company's phone number
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
I graduate with hnd pass in mechanical engineering and I want to upgrade my hnd I don't know which university will accept my kind of result cuz am not happy with that grade. pls if you know any school that will accept it for pgd just tell me. Thanks
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Mosfemi: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Start freelancing on https://wecruite.com
Re: What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market by Mosfemi: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
My advice to you is to start freelancing on https://wecruite.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Ptdf Oil And Gas Field Training Programme / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.