Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) (34141 Views)

Federal Government Academy Suleja 2018 Admission Exercise Begins (Read Details) / Help A Bro!!! Scholarship Or Study Abroad / Predegree Form Alert!! Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Is Out Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
I am writing this piece on behalf of a concerned mother (name withheld) that has her child studying in Federal Government Academy, Suleja (Niger state). I felt sympathy for her cause when she went out of her way to trail me through NL to my twitter page just to share her burden with me(and to Nigerians).

The FGA
For those that may not be aware, FGA was established in 1986 by the Babangida military administration to provide 100% scholarship to brilliant Nigeria Children of secondary school age. The Objective is to ‘’provide opportunities for exceptionally Gifted children to develop at their own pace in the interest of the nation's economic and technological development.’’
It is also known as Center For The Gifted and Talented. Intakes are selected strictly on merit after undergoing rigorous process. It provides opportunity for all Nigeria children irrespective of gender, tribe and economic status. The Academy is meant to be a 100% scholarship for all intakes because the FG takes care of Tuition, feeding, books, accommodations, uniform etc. All what parents of the intakes pay for is a one off developmental fee of random amount, which will be for the whole of the student(s) stay in the school.

The Cry/Complaint of The Parents:
Of recent, things has changed under the leadership of a new management led by led by Mrs O.O Awofisayo as Principal.

1. The Parents of returning students are now asked to pay TERMLY fees of:

Maintenance/Utilities- N10,000
Medical levy - N2,000
CISCO Training- N2,000
Magazine- N1,500

Total: N15,000 per term.

In addition to the above;
I) SS3 students are to pay Fifteen Thousand each for WAEC and NECO examinations (ie N30,000 for both exams). This means parents with children in SS3 class will pay N55,000 (N15,000 + N30,000) for the new term of 2015/16 academic session.

II) JS3 students are to pay Ten thousand Naira (N10,000) for BECE registration (aka "Junior WAEC"wink. This brings a total of N25,000 for the First term of 2015/16 Academic session.

2. Parents of new intakes are to pay a whopping N65,000 for the term(according to the information provided).

3. Parents are also asked to pay a mandatory PTA levy of N6,000 per term from the former N2,000/term that they were paying.

4. Parents paid N1,000 for "Computerisation of Result" but the result sheet given to students at the end of last term was Handwritten.

5. Combining 3 and 4 means an additional N7,000 payment for all students. The principal claimed that the levies in Item 1 were approved by the Education ministry but that is unacceptable irrespective of the truth or otherwise of the claim.

The parent(s) is/are crying that such fees are exorbitant and some of them cannot afford it. The Academy is supposed to be 100% free according to the admission letter (see below) and the purpose of the Academy.

The government is to take care of our best brains and rising stars. If our government can spend billions of Naira to sponsor religious people to unproductive pilgrimage in Jerusalem and Mecca, why then should they shy on seeing that nothing hinders the education/trainings of our best brains in the FGA, Minna? Should some of these students whose parents can't afford these huge levies forfeit their education?

May God Bless Every Nigerian Child

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
I had to remove the top so as not to reveal the identity of the child of the parent.

Pic 1: Letter of Admission stateing the FG responsibility

Pic 2: Handwritten result sheet despite the payment of N1,000 fee for "computerisation" of result.

Pic 3: Levies handed over to parents despite the school being 100% scholarship.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
I wonder o
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by dayo23(f): 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is what you should be doing, not rellying on that mear #5000 PDP gives u. Nice writeup, be rest assured this piece of important information will be passed over to the Federal Ministry Of Education and necessary action will be executed.

38 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
dayo23:
This is what you should be doing, not rellying on that mear #5000 PDP gives u. Nice writeup over to the Federal Ministry Of Education to wade into the matter

Lalasticlala and Ishilove pls FP... Thanks
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by fitzmayowa: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
Our DSS agents on nairaland should swing into action abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by realborn(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice one Barcanista.

Good efforts. Extend same measure to being objective on national issues. Leave this pro-PDP (at all cost), anti-APC (all the time thingy). Admonish when necessary and applaud when pertinent.

I hope the relevant authorities get your message.

25 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
realborn:
Nice one Barcanista.

Good efforts. Extend same measure to being objective on national issues. Leave this pro-PDP (at all cost), anti-APC (all the time thingy). Admonish when necessary and applaud when pertinent.

Well, being partisan should not blind one from patriotic cause.

Cc: Philips70 Mizmycoli

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by ken13: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is unadulterated Kworuption! We hope the concerned authorities would wade in.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by MizMyColi(f): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
realborn:
Nice one Barcanista.

One can only but try.
Given the divisive air of politics we inhale daily.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by ionsman: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
The woman traced you to help her tell buhari or the dss?

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by realborn(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:

For you, you need not be partisan. You will inspire and motivate more people with your gift if you are an objective critic.

Often times, being partisan can lead to acts against ones conscience in satisfaction of the puppet master. For example, I was dumbfounded when you acknowledged on another thread that you supported Saraki for Senate Presidency to spite APC despite citing that Saraki is no good for Nigeria. Is this an act of patriotism?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

One can only but try.
Given the divisive air of politics we inhale daily.
The purpose of politicking (partisan or otherwise) is to serve the country.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by dammytosh: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
OK.

I will take this up and hear from the school.

brb.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by temitemi1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Let's share this until it gets to those in charge
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by MizMyColi(f): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice one Barcanista.
I am always thankful that through it all, your humanity has remained intact.

Is there a handle for the federal ministry of education on twitter?
We can also mention them, say a few words and then point them to this thread.
These are the kind of cases that make our days on this board fulfilling.

I equally endorse it for Front Page audience.
Cc: Obinoscopy.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Emperortj93(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice write up once again from the boss man
lalasticlala pls do the needful
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:

iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

Permission to derail a bit...

Does anybody know if they have started implementing this ruling as got by Olisa Agbakoba

http://www.ndibe.org/2014/12/federal-court-declares-unity-schools.html?m=1
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
realborn:

For you, you need not be partisan. You will inspire and motivate more people with your gift if you are an objective critic.

Often times, being partisan can lead to acts against ones conscience in satisfaction of the puppet master. For example, I was dumbfounded when you acknowledged on another thread that you supported Saraki for Senate Presidency to spite APC despite citing that Saraki is no good for Nigeria. Is this an act of patriotism?

Yes, Saraki was supported by all to whittle down influence of Tinubu etc on NASS which is supposed to be independent...

BTW APC and Buhari found him good enough to ride on his political structure and influence alongside his financial cum other resources in Kwara and beyond...Why can't they find him good enough to lead a NASS majored in numbers by them too...

Have you ever castigated such Human Rights Activists like Soyinka, Falana, Itse Sagay, etc who have gone political and remembers their calling ONLY on issues against APC...

Quit blackmailing barcanista...Write and criticise as you deem fit while he does his as he deems fit...that's freedom of speech and expression...Don't force him to say what you wanna hear alone...

Barcanista avoid such emotional blackmails as these...don't entertain them...Be yourself and do your thing...thanks

Cc. Mizmycoli...Truckpusher...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
realborn:
Nice one Barcanista.

I think its high time we stopped all these emotional blackmail on barcanista...

1)This is Politics Section meant for politicians and political activists...

2)Everybody in this section is partisan albeit with different degrees of commitment...hence he shouldn't be an exception...

3)Barca is a budding politician and intelligent one at that...so should not be blackmailed to do other's bidding or to please people...

4)Objectivity is simply saying things as they are without sentiments... which is what he does...Unless the word; "Objectivity" has gotten a new meaning under buhari...

5)His write ups are based on facts and realities on ground...not mere imagination or concoctions of his dream or whatever...

6)Let the advice to be partisan or not stop...thanks

Cc. Mizmycoli

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
realborn:

Please Sir, let's not derail. We can discuss this in private or on another thread. Hope that's fine?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by MizMyColi(f): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Just mentioned some folks I follow on twitter.
and two news outlets.

cc: Barcanista
Everyone can do same too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by engineerboat(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:
I had to remove the top so as not to reveal the identity of the child of the parent.

Pic 1: Letter of Admission stateing the FG responsibility

Pic 2: Handwritten result sheet despite the payment of N1,000 fee for "computerisation" of result.

Pic 3: Levies handed over to parents despite the school being 100% scholarship.

Good move there @Barcanista, Lets see if the CHANGErians Government will swing into action on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by engineerboat(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:

Let us make sure that the Government take steps to correct this anomalies, the Government must take action on a serious note
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by megawax8: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sad sad.

We all should do our part and keep spreading till it gets to appropriate authority.

Shared!

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Nice one Barcanista.
I am always thankful that through it all, your humanity has remained intact.
Is there a handle for the federal ministry of education on twitter?
We can also mention them, say a few words and then point them to this thread.
These are the kind of cases that make our days on this board fulfilling.
I equally endorse it for Front Page audience.
Cc: Obinoscopy.
The twitter handle of Federal Ministry of Information is @FMINigeria

Federal Ministry of Education is loading...

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by temitemi1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
This should it FP asap!
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Let us make sure that the Government take steps to correct this anomalies, the Government must take action on a serious note
Yes o, I am optimistic that this government will swing into action if it gets to them.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by engineerboat(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:
Yes o, I am optimistic that this government will swing into action if it gets to them.

Am taking it on to twiter now
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by temitemi1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Following ur step my lady, Nigerians must hear this!
MizMyColi:
Just mentioned some folks I follow on twitter.
and two news outlets.

cc: Barcanista
Everyone can do same too.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angela Sughnen Who Got Expelled In 400 Level For Exam Misconduct, Bags 1st Class / Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sex Scandal: "Nothing Is Going To Change My Love For You" -Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.