Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) (34172 Views)

Federal Government Academy Suleja 2018 Admission Exercise Begins (Read Details) / Help A Bro!!! Scholarship Or Study Abroad / Predegree Form Alert!! Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Is Out Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kcinho(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
donlawrenzo:
Its sad to know that things have deteriorated to this level since my graduation from FGA Suleja. I sincerely hope this information gets to the right people.
The lawro S. I know? 2006 set?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
As a fedacadian formerly sulacadian 2002 set,am disappointed this is hapenin.

School paid for our waec and neco

This country is jst pathetic
Please check your mail
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
I happen to be an alumni of the school.i haven't visited it in almost 10years but I can at least try to share what my experience was.FGA has never been completely free.there have always been levies though they were minimal when compared to other unity schools.as at when we were there,there was no electrivity,no pipeborne water,no security and many amenities were absent.most governments abandoned the school and the principals had to start to devise various means of equipping the school in conjuction with the PTA.those efforts led to refurbishing some more hostels,getting electricity,more manual boreholes.

We got many things for free then.school uniform,mattress,food,books etc were free.but I can still recall we paid between 3000-4000naira for PTA.i can't honestly recall if we paid for WAEC and JAMB unless I try to confirm from some of my old school mates

Early this year,the alumni body which I am part of received request for assistance from the principal which is quite a common thing and as has become the practise,we chip in whenever we can.but as a young alumni body,theres a limit to what we can do.

As regards the issue of this woman and her kid,i have taken down the details and I will table it at the next alumni meeting sometime in September.i am quite certain the president of the alumni body wwill have gotten wind of this.however,i will like to point out that this isn't an extraordinary issue.fees have always been paid in FGA though minimal.

I shouldn't forget to add that the condition of the school at this moment is a thousand times better than when we were there and the credit for that should go to the principals who have managed to keep the standard high while also improving condition of living inspite of dwindling government support.the government of Goodluck Jonathan rather than improve the condition of the school went to establish another one in jigawa state which has very top class facilities but very low standard when compared to suleja academy.if all that money had been pumped into the suleja academy permanent site or even to the current temporary site,things would have been better
Aziza we didn't pay for WAEC and NECO. Only for UME.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kockane:

Hehehehe... apparently, I'm not the only weirdo that made it through.
T. Aleg... you de here?
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
ismokeweed:

ok.i know we paid for something,just couldn't remember which one.thanks
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kockane(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
ismokeweed:

T. Aleg... you de here?

Who art thou?
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kockane:

Who art thou?
A sparrow
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by robinsoncrosoe: 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
ismokeweed:
Please check your mail
sent u a mail too.so u're free to send any tin
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
ismokeweed:

if u care to knw,d sch u left has become d shadow of itself.pta meeting is rare,d woman has deployed means of extorting parents wt diff alias;insurance,Cisco,there must b a new intro at every session.d new intro is utilities fee of 10k,we already have 2k Fr medical,6k Fr pta,1k Fr computerization,3k Fr implements(failure to provide),house dues etc by d time u finished payin u will wondering if it's really scholarship sch.need I remind u dat d fence opp d Nnpc depot have 3 holes now by which students go in n out without notice.d parents are not happy n neither d staff cos they hav contrary opinions about d principal's tale dat allocation has not b made Fr d past 10mnths.we told d pta chair to allow us protest but he refused.madam principal has manipulated dat one or they're in together otherwise there is no reason why d pta meeting wad not held bfr Ds new bills were introduced.if d principal feels she is on zero allocation,let us help her to draw d attention of d govt n if d govt has abdicated their duties twds Ds children,we want to hear from them so dat d incomin students will b aware of d situation Fr proper decision.imagine my niece of 9 yrs came al d way frm nnewi to school here in d name of scholarship only to realize dat it's all scam.i wud hv even suggested Barcanista changed d title to 'scam,federal government academy suleja is not a scholarship school anymore'.except Ds is d change we r promised.ask ur principal d last we held pta meeting.d next one is 8th of Nov.u can ask her why wr no longer hold pta meeting.I'm meant to b quotin delafruita but since u r an alumnus,u can do contact d principal.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 11:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
ok.i know we paid for something,just couldn't remember which one.thanks
I was meant to b quoting but I'm copying to u thru ismokeweed.weird moniker Fr an alumnus of fga.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
if u care to knw,d sch u left has become d shadow of itself.pta meeting is rare,d woman has deployed means of extorting parents wt diff alias;insurance,Cisco,there must b a new intro at every session.d new intro is utilities fee of 10k,we already have 2k Fr medical,6k Fr pta,1k Fr computerization,3k Fr implements(failure to provide),house dues etc by d time u finished payin u will wondering if it's really scholarship sch.need I remind u dat d fence opp d Nnpc depot have 3 holes now by which students go in n out without notice.d parents are not happy n neither d staff cos they hav contrary opinions about d principal's tale dat allocation has not b made Fr d past 10mnths.we told d pta chair to allow us protest but he refused.madam principal has manipulated dat one or they're in together otherwise there is no reason why d pta meeting wad not held bfr Ds new bills were introduced.if d principal feels she is on zero allocation,let us help her to draw d attention of d govt n if d govt has abdicated their duties twds Ds children,we want to hear from them so dat d incomin students will b aware of d situation Fr proper decision.imagine my niece of 9 yrs came al d way frm nnewi to school here in d name of scholarship only to realize dat it's all scam.i wud hv even suggested Barcanista changed d title to 'scam,federal government academy suleja is not a scholarship school anymore'.except Ds is d change we r promised.ask ur principal d last we held pta meeting.d next one is 8th of Nov.u can ask her why wr no longer hold pta meeting.I'm meant to b quotin delafruita but since u r an alumnus,u can do contact d principal.
the school has a fence with holes?it didn't even have a fence at all when I was there.we went out freely to tungan shanu,maje and even to the NNPC depot where we had our favourite ini abasi restaurant.i can only recall PTA meeting holding once or twice in my entire 5years in that school.

I don't mean to say the school situation is perfect,but I know for a fact the situation now is a gazillion times than the situation we survived in.i was there in 2006 for my WAEC certificate and I could see that the hostels had been fenced and painted.the situation I met was a great improvement from 2002 when I left.

I have to confess I don't know the current principal but I noticed the vice-president of the alumni body made about three posts on this thread.the topic has also been posted on the alumni page on facebook and extensively discussed so I am quite certain we will get to the root of this matter

That weird moniker belongs to one of the most gifted minds I ever met. He has the memory of a supercomputer in that skull and as every fedacadian knows,talent comes in different forms
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
Thanks my dear! I don't know what is wrong with Delafruita but maybe he assume that it is about the principal or some other person
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
the school has a fence with holes?it didn't even have a fence at all when I was there.we went out freely to tungan shanu,maje and even to the NNPC depot where we had our favourite ini abasi restaurant.i can only recall PTA meeting holding once or twice in my entire 5years in that school.

I don't mean to say the school situation is perfect,but I know for a fact the situation now is a gazillion times than the situation we survived in.i was there in 2006 for my WAEC certificate and I could see that the hostels had been fenced and painted.the situation I met was a great improvement from 2002 when I left.

I have to confess I don't know the current principal but I noticed the vice-president of the alumni body made about three posts on this thread.the topic has also been posted on the alumni page on facebook and extensively discussed so I am quite certain we will get to the root of this matter

That weird moniker belongs to one of the most gifted minds I ever met. He has the memory of a supercomputer in that skull and as every fedacadian knows,talent comes in different forms
ur first paragraph is nauseating n depicts dishonorable mind who applauds ills just bcs same was applied to u or obtainable in ur case.ur kind can't make objective assessments.just imagine d level of insecurityin d north n u saw nothing dangerous wt d broken fence just bcs urs was worst.i wish ur child wat u wish Ds children. if u held ur pta meeting once in ur lifetime,mak sure such never happens wt ur child cos it's error.d meeting makes u a stakeholder.pls if there are open minded alumni in Ds forum pls let d principal reduce d intake fee of 70k,personal effects cost about 50k.it's much Fr an average parent let alone d poor ones thereby defeatin d purpose of estabilshin d sch.d poor gited ones will stil not be accomodatd.i heard d incoming ones are up Fr a unpleasant suprise.if d govt can no longer fund them let d sch be closed down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:
Thanks my dear! I don't know what is wrong with Delafruita but maybe he assume that it is about the principal or some other person
tnk u fr taking it up.i ve always wanted to do same but i wasn't a registered membr on nl.as a matter of fact,i registered today in order to add my voice too.let d indictd rise up in defense.we were promised change, but they are taking away d little change in our pockets.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
tnk u fr taking it up.i ve always wanted to do same but i wasn't a registered membr on nl.as a matter of fact,i registered today in order to add my voice too.let d indictd rise up in defense.we were promised change, but they are taking away d little change in our pockets.
Your moniker ehn....

APC,PDP all scam! grin
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 1:41am On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
Your moniker ehn....

APC,PDP all scam! grin
trying to b apolitical. undecided
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
you shouldn't have included the "fraud alert" in your topic.by doing so,you made it about the principal

Just so you know,the latest information I got makes it clear the ministry approved those payments since the school hasn't received any funding for almost 9months.they also approved the payment of WAEC and NECO which will be the first time such will ever happen in FEDACAD.three members of the alumni body will be meeting with the principal after church today so she can further explain why the situation is the way it is.

A team has also been dispatched to the ministry to confirm that the fees were approved and to take steps to reverse it

I should also add that from the information I have,these fees haven't taken eFfect.they were supposed to at the beginning of the next session so it is the hope of the alumni body that they be reverse

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
ur first paragraph is nauseating n depicts dishonorable mind who applauds ills just bcs same was applied to u or obtainable in ur case.ur kind can't make objective assessments.just imagine d level of insecurityin d north n u saw nothing dangerous wt d broken fence just bcs urs was worst.i wish ur child wat u wish Ds children. if u held ur pta meeting once in ur lifetime,mak sure such never happens wt ur child cos it's error.d meeting makes u a stakeholder.pls if there are open minded alumni in Ds forum pls let d principal reduce d intake fee of 70k,personal effects cost about 50k.it's much Fr an average parent let alone d poor ones thereby defeatin d purpose of estabilshin d sch.d poor gited ones will stil not be accomodatd.i heard d incoming ones are up Fr a unpleasant suprise.if d govt can no longer fund them let d sch be closed down.
it's comments like this that makes me wonder if there is truly bliss in ignorance.i have clearly stated that the condition of the school now is much better than it was when I was there and this is due to the efforts of the principals.i know it isn't eldorado yet but it's improving.from what I have read,the major fee been introduced is the WAEC and NECO payment which I am definitely against.the PTA levy of 6000naira isn't abnormal just as the development levy is something we paid when I was there.so I don't understand what you mean by "intake fee" of 70k.and I have never heard of a fee for personal effects
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
I was meant to b quoting but I'm copying to u thru ismokeweed.weird moniker Fr an alumnus of fga.
Shit happens. if we are to be entirely honest with our selves, FGA produced talented people but of all types. The school produced it's own share of crazies.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kockane(m): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2015
ismokeweed:

A sparrow

Someone wants to enter gutter... angry
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2015
@apcpdpallscam First of, type in english. If we have to discuss and agree in an intelligent manner, let us still type intelligently. We were the people that actually went to FGA along with many of our seniors who paved the way for us to be able to survive that year. Then computer age caught awareness when we left and things had to change because times took a drastic curve. Back then, once there, a lot of us were cut off from the world and our parents. Imagine sending a letter from benin to suleja as at 1997 during Abacha's regime. Perhaps it would take 3 months to get there and an extra 1 month before my dad went to check his mail. Now, communication made everywhere closer and parents could monitor more closely how kids lived there. We were the ones that went through all its imperfections and we chose to take seeds of its good parts. You don't love the school more than us. My memories from that place would shock you about how deep they are. Almost every day, at least an incident would occur that drags my subconscious there. It may just be a facebook post or glancing through my bbm contacts. We have identified the problem. Deviation of the original idea of a sort of scholarship where students pay stipends and get opportunity to get quality education in isolation. However, present sums been paid by students is shooting up. I can't know the actual cause but it seems higher cost of living is shooting costs up geometrically while money coming in is maybe not even increasing at all. Or even reducing while not also coming when due. Something had to give. Either the school collapses, or reverts to the old standard of living we experienced where there was neither light nor water, or funds is somehow gotten from somewhere legally. Who else has the best interests of heart for the students than their parents? Who else should be the first to be asked? But times are hard. Few people will be able to willingly bring out money when appealed to. They may not want to see reason to pay more or help channel the fight to appropriate quarters as it seems they are fighting against a wall. So obviously they decided the milk the parents. Right or wrong decision, I won't say what I think on that because even I am torn on the issue. So let alumni of the school come up and find solutions to the issue although on group page not here. Thanks @barcanista for bringing this here. Help can always come from any side so long you tell good-hearted people of the problem.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2015
Delafruita:
you shouldn't have included the "fraud alert" in your topic.by doing so,you made it about the principal

Just so you know,the latest information I got makes it clear the ministry approved those payments since the school hasn't received any funding for almost 9months.they also approved the payment of WAEC and NECO which will be the first time such will ever happen in FEDACAD.three members of the alumni body will be meeting with the principal after church today so she can further explain why the situation is the way it is.

A team has also been dispatched to the ministry to confirm that the fees were approved and to take steps to reverse it

I should also add that from the information I have,these fees haven't taken eFfect.they were supposed to at the beginning of the next session so it is the hope of the alumni body that they be reverse
I don't know why you are sermonising me. My position and that of other commentators is that the government takes care of their responsibilities instead of transferring them to students. I have been duly informed that the Education Ministry got the message and are working on it. It isn't my business whether or not the fee was fraudulently imposed by the Education Ministry or the Principal. My own is that the student shouldn't be subjected to such. You guys (Alumni) can/should do what you have to do but nothing will justify it. I assure you that we will not rest (nor allow the government/school to rest) until this madness is reversed.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
I don't know why you are sermonising me. My position and that of other commentators is that the government takes care of their responsibilities instead of transferring them to students. I have been duly informed that the Education Ministry got the message and are working on it. It isn't my business whether or not the fee was fraudulently imposed by the Education Ministry or the Principal. My own is that the student shouldn't be subjected to such. You guys (Alumni) can/should do what you have to do but nothing will justify it. I assure you that we will not rest (nor allow the government/school to rest) until this madness is reversed.
all you accidental e-activists seem to live in a cloud of insolence.your self-aggrandizement doesn't amaze me
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 09, 2015
Delafruita:
all you accidental e-activists seem to live in a cloud of insolence.your self-aggrandizement doesn't amaze me
I actually created this article without making mention of your moniker. I don't know why you have been restless, but I don't care. You can continue to jump around circle and employ whatever words that you wish, it won't stop the agitation for a reversal of the madness. It's time to ignore you!

Cest fini!
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2015
barcanista:
I actually created this article without making mention of your moniker. I don't know why you have been restless, but I don't care. You can continue to jump around circle and employ whatever words that you wish, it won't stop the agitation for a reversal of the madness. It's time to ignore you!

Cest fini!
some of us are proud of our foundation and that school that is the focus of this thread is my foundation.you can never know it like I know and you can never love it like I love it.you can agitate for the purpose of placing yourself into the limelight but you shouldn't denigrate those piloting the affairs of the school to do it.write a letter to your senator,petition the education ministry but don't you dare coin phrases like "fraud alert" to create the impression the principal is fleecing parents until an investigation is carried out.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2015
Delafruita:
it's comments like this that makes me wonder if there is truly bliss in ignorance.i have clearly stated that the condition of the school now is much better than it was when I was there and this is due to the efforts of the principals.i know it isn't eldorado yet but it's improving.from what I have read,the major fee been introduced is the WAEC and NECO payment which I am definitely against.the PTA levy of 6000naira isn't abnormal just as the development levy is something we paid when I was there.so I don't understand what you mean by "intake fee" of 70k.and I have never heard of a fee for personal effects
d dev levy alone as at last session was 50k,add it to d other "stipends" lik u put it,u wil hav abt 70k.excluding d their personal effects which is also extra responsiblties fr d parents.as fr d 6k termly pta levy,we all unanimously agreed on dat so no problem with dat.just take note of d points I ve raised so far in my quotes pls n make inquiries.if parents were carried along,there wudn't ve bn ds outcry may be.but parents are protesting bcs they feel sidelined n feel extorted.nothing is free nt evn@Freetown but transperancy,accountability matter in financial matters as ds.Abominations if left unchecked bcms a tradition.pls save ur alma mater to stil enable it produce d best brains lik u irrespective of one's financial status.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2015
Delafruita:

it wasn't abt d principal sir but her relunctance in allowing us draw govt's presence/attention to d situation makes one raise an eyebrow,d last time we tried carrying placards to d ministry,we were talked out of it.tnx so far.i wud ve wished parents,teachers alumni's meeting wil b fixed.im nt suprised if minstry approves ds payments cs they're d hub of corruption in ds country.a ministry where u ar askd to pay average of 1.8-2million naira to b posted as a principal to a choicest college.I pray authorities beyond ministry hear us n address ds issues squarely.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by apcpdpallscam(f): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2015
ismokeweed:
@apcpdpallscam First of, type in english. If we have to discuss and agree in an intelligent manner, let us still type intelligently. We were the people that actually went to FGA along with many of our seniors who paved the way for us to be able to survive that year. Then computer age caught awareness when we left and things had to change because times took a drastic curve. Back then, once there, a lot of us were cut off from the world and our parents. Imagine sending a letter from benin to suleja as at 1997 during Abacha's regime. Perhaps it would take 3 months to get there and an extra 1 month before my dad went to check his mail. Now, communication made everywhere closer and parents could monitor more closely how kids lived there. We were the ones that went through all its imperfections and we chose to take seeds of its good parts. You don't love the school more than us. My memories from that place would shock you about how deep they are. Almost every day, at least an incident would occur that drags my subconscious there. It may just be a facebook post or glancing through my bbm contacts. We have identified the problem. Deviation of the original idea of a sort of scholarship where students pay stipends and get opportunity to get quality education in isolation. However, present sums been paid by students is shooting up. I can't know the actual cause but it seems higher cost of living is shooting costs up geometrically while money coming in is maybe not even increasing at all. Or even reducing while not also coming when due. Something had to give. Either the school collapses, or reverts to the old standard of living we experienced where there was neither light nor water, or funds is somehow gotten from somewhere legally. Who else has the best interests of heart for the students than their parents? Who else should be the first to be asked? But times are hard. Few people will be able to willingly bring out money when appealed to. They may not want to see reason to pay more or help channel the fight to appropriate quarters as it seems they are fighting against a wall. So obviously they decided the milk the parents. Right or wrong decision, I won't say what I think on that because even I am torn on the issue. So let alumni of the school come up and find solutions to the issue although on group page not here. Thanks @barcanista for bringing this here. Help can always come from any side so long you tell good-hearted people of the problem.
I thought i wrote in English but tank God u were able to get d points outlined.im not an English but a Nigerian.i pray my child writes better than i.u r a passionate alumnus i can feel it.God bless u.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2015
@Barcanista I was in FGA december last year. Me and the principal had serious issues when I went for my NECO certificate and they even held meeting on top my head there. However the statements I made were within a closed facebook but still people had objections to it. The truth is that using headers like draw negative attention. And we need attention. It portrays the principal already in a bad light without proper investigation as the cause. Was it imposed by the ministry or principal? Before you make statements that can hang someone in future, be sure of your facts. What if we happen to find out it was imposed by ministry and she could do nothing? She may be guilty of not having the span to fight for the cause or be so protective of her job that she turns blind eye. That makes her of many things but not a fraudster. Such things bias minds and this is internet. Even if you delete your comments tomorrow, will you delete it in those comments that you were quoted? You don't love the school more than Delafruita and I doubt if he even knows this present principal haven left there 13 years ago. I know it's annoying when someone challenges your set-belief but people will draw assumptions from the heading that may be wrong. You can be creative and find less indicting statements that still portray the message and gather necessary message and impetus. Let her be proven guilty before you besmirch someone's name.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2015
ismokeweed:
@Barcanista I was in FGA december last year. Me and the principal had serious issues when I went for my NECO certificate and they even held meeting on top my head there. However the statements I made were within a closed facebook but still people had objections to it. The truth is that using headers like draw negative attention. And we need attention. It portrays the principal already in a bad light without proper investigation as the cause. Was it imposed by the ministry or principal? Before you make statements that can hang someone in future, be sure of your facts. What if we happen to find out it was imposed by ministry and she could do nothing? She may be guilty of not having the span to fight for the cause or be so protective of her job that she turns blind eye. That makes her of many things but not a fraudster. Such things bias minds and this is internet. Even if you delete your comments tomorrow, will you delete it in those comments that you were quoted? You don't love the school more than Delafruita and I doubt if he even knows this present principal haven left there 13 years ago. I know it's annoying when someone challenges your set-belief but people will draw assumptions from the heading that may be wrong. You can be creative and find less indicting statements that still portray the message and gather necessary message and impetus. Let her be proven guilty before you besmirch someone's name.
My brother, I still don't see where I accused or indicted the Principal of the school or anyone else. There is nothin wrong with the caption. Beside, this was the concluding part of the article- which clearly point direction to the government.
The government is to take care of our best brains and rising stars. If our government can spend billions of Naira to sponsor religious people to unproductive pilgrimage in Jerusalem and Mecca, why then should they shy on seeing that nothing hinders the education/trainings of our best brains in the FGA, Minna? Should some of these students whose parents can't afford these huge levies forfeit their education?

PS: I don't really care whether your guy is the Principal or Alumni President, the school is a Public school that was established to train Nigerian children of secondary school age and with public funds. It becomse the interest of the public(and not just a section) to ensure that government or whoever don't derail from their responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
it wasn't abt d principal sir but her relunctance in allowing us draw govt's presence/attention to d situation makes one raise an eyebrow,d last time we tried carrying placards to d ministry,we were talked out of it.tnx so far.i wud ve wished parents,teachers alumni's meeting wil b fixed.im nt suprised if minstry approves ds payments cs they're d hub of corruption in ds country.a ministry where u ar askd to pay average of 1.8-2million naira to b posted as a principal to a choicest college.I pray authorities beyond ministry hear us n address ds issues squarely.
carrying placards to the ministry is something I wouldn't support.i know for a fact the alumni group has taken some steps to ensure government fulfils it's obligation and the group is usually represented at PTA meetings.hopefully we will weather this storm and make the school better
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2015
apcpdpallscam:
My Dear, who approved that ridiculous payment is irrelevant. I'm not out to pull anybody down, my interest is that the students shouldn't be subjected to such burden. We are watching what the Education ministry will do. I have assured the woman that this matter won't be swept under the carpet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Memes You Can Relate To In A Nursing School / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sex Scandal: "Nothing Is Going To Change My Love For You" -Wife / Benefits Of Breast Sucking To The Sucked And The Sucker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.