Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) (34148 Views)

Federal Government Academy Suleja 2018 Admission Exercise Begins (Read Details) / Help A Bro!!! Scholarship Or Study Abroad / Predegree Form Alert!! Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Is Out Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by dayo23(f): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Noted. It shall be well with Nigeria
Amen!!!
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by engineerboat(m): 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:
I will seek admission into the school when I turn 11 grin

Haaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaa, official 11 shey
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by globalresource: 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
my only sis, younger sis graduated from this school last year...I fully understood
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kockane(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
IYANGBALI:
since you left,what did you give back to the school?

It's easy for you to open your dirty mouth and talk. Ignoramus.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by IYANGBALI: 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kockane:

It's easy for you to open your dirty mouth and talk. Ignoramus.
eyaaaaaa,see frustration,I do understand,you didn't finish your studies there,you were expelled from the school and so you ended up being a tout,no wonder you were so bitter with my comment,sowie tongue grin
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Xcellency007(m): 5:14am On Aug 08, 2015
"In addition to the above;
I) SS3 students are to pay Fifteen Thousand each for WAEC and NECO examinations (ie N30,000 for both exams). This means parents with children in SS3 class will pay N55,000 (N15,000 + N30,000) for the new term of 2015/16 academic session"

,this is whr I had problem wit de story,..... meeeeen I didnt go to a gifted sch. & all dat but, is de arithmetic here really true??
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by siralos135: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2015
How come the two guys that said they graduated from the school has strange username here @kockane and @ismokeweed

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by biafranqueen: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:

iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots
sharing on my facebook

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:
I had to remove the top so as not to reveal the identity of the child of the parent.

Pic 1: Letter of Admission stateing the FG responsibility

Pic 2: Handwritten result sheet despite the payment of N1,000 fee for "computerisation" of result.

Pic 3: Levies handed over to parents despite the school being 100% scholarship.
I happen to be an alumni of the school.i haven't visited it in almost 10years but I can at least try to share what my experience was.FGA has never been completely free.there have always been levies though they were minimal when compared to other unity schools.as at when we were there,there was no electrivity,no pipeborne water,no security and many amenities were absent.most governments abandoned the school and the principals had to start to devise various means of equipping the school in conjuction with the PTA.those efforts led to refurbishing some more hostels,getting electricity,more manual boreholes.

We got many things for free then.school uniform,mattress,food,books etc were free.but I can still recall we paid between 3000-4000naira for PTA.i can't honestly recall if we paid for WAEC and JAMB unless I try to confirm from some of my old school mates

Early this year,the alumni body which I am part of received request for assistance from the principal which is quite a common thing and as has become the practise,we chip in whenever we can.but as a young alumni body,theres a limit to what we can do.

As regards the issue of this woman and her kid,i have taken down the details and I will table it at the next alumni meeting sometime in September.i am quite certain the president of the alumni body wwill have gotten wind of this.however,i will like to point out that this isn't an extraordinary issue.fees have always been paid in FGA though minimal.

I shouldn't forget to add that the condition of the school at this moment is a thousand times better than when we were there and the credit for that should go to the principals who have managed to keep the standard high while also improving condition of living inspite of dwindling government support.the government of Goodluck Jonathan rather than improve the condition of the school went to establish another one in jigawa state which has very top class facilities but very low standard when compared to suleja academy.if all that money had been pumped into the suleja academy permanent site or even to the current temporary site,things would have been better

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2015
Kizyte:

I confirm your statement about the school cos two of my younger ones are students in the school. But I must say they are doing very well in the school, the only problem is that some of the teachers are too reluctant in teaching those children because they feel that all the students are gifted.
it's always been that way.our teachers left us to do our thing while giving guidance where necessary.moreso since its a school policy that a student can't repeat a class so from SS1,we are been told to prepare for waec and jamb
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2015
IYANGBALI:
since you left,what did you give back to the school?
our oldest alumnus finished from suleja in 1992 and if I recall correctly,they weren't up to 20.my entire set was about one hundred students and many of us are still building careers and trying to find our feet.the alumni group is trying the best we can and we will still continue to do more but we cannot be a substitute for government
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:
I will seek admission into the school when I turn 11 grin
can you please take the "fraud alert" out of the topic?it's misleading
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
I happen to be an alumni of the school.i haven't visited it in almost 10years but I can at least try to share what my experience was.FGA has never been completely free.there have always been levies though they were minimal when compared to other unity schools.as at when we were there,there was no electrivity,no pipeborne water,no security and many amenities were absent.most governments abandoned the school and the principals had to start to devise various means of equipping the school in conjuction with the PTA.those efforts led to refurbishing some more hostels,getting electricity,more manual boreholes.

We got many things for free then.school uniform,mattress,food,books etc were free.but I can still recall we paid between 3000-4000naira for PTA.i can't honestly recall if we paid for WAEC and JAMB unless I try to confirm from some of my old school mates

Early this year,the alumni body which I am part of received request for assistance from the principal which is quite a common thing and as has become the practise,we chip in whenever we can.but as a young alumni body,theres a limit to what we can do.

As regards the issue of this woman and her kid,i have taken down the details and I will table it at the next alumni meeting sometime in September.i am quite certain the president of the alumni body wwill have gotten wind of this.however,i will like to point out that this isn't an extraordinary issue.fees have always been paid in FGA though minimal.

I shouldn't forget to add that the condition of the school at this moment is a thousand times better than when we were there and the credit for that should go to the principals who have managed to keep the standard high while also improving condition of living inspite of dwindling government support.the government of Goodluck Jonathan rather than improve the condition of the school went to establish another one in jigawa state which has very top class facilities but very low standard when compared to suleja academy.if all that money had been pumped into the suleja academy permanent site or even to the current temporary site,things would have been better
Thanks, but your sermon cannot justify the exorbitant levy imposed on students. Ofcourse, the complainant is aware that students pay a one-off developmental fee. I can bet that was it during your time and not a recurring "maintenance" fee. Also, the PTA of 6000 is toooooo much! Well, the complain has reached Education Ministry and the Senate.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Ugik(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2015
Dis is quiet pathetic.the parents should file a petition to the federal ministry of education and let them know what is going on.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
can you please take the "fraud alert" out of the topic?it's misleading
No Sir! I won't. Relevant authorities must look into it and the government or whoever must not transfer their responsibilities to students.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2015
engineerboat:

Haaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaa, official 11 shey

I still be toddler o
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:

Thanks, but your sermon cannot justify the exorbitant levy imposed on students. Ofcourse, the complainant is aware that students pay a one-off developmental fee. I can bet that was it during your time and not a recurring "maintenance" fee. Also, the PTA of 6000 is toooooo much! Well, the complain has reached Education Ministry and the Senate.
there was no one-off anything.we paid fees every term.if at at the year 2000,i paid 3650 as PTA fee,what makes it exorbitant at 6000 in 2015?this same thing you are clamouring for has been the focus for our parents while we were there.but eventually,we accepted it because it was much lesser than other unity schools.

You think you are the first person to make a report to the senate?or to the ministry?we the students made a plea to the national assembly in 2001.it always amazes me how people like you think you know about everything.why don't you visit the school yourself?why don't you ask the principal what the situation is?you just come online and type "fraud alert" and suddenly make yourself into an authority on something you know nothing about.as a student in that school,we had to walk miles to get water to bath.we fetched water from streams for the kitchen staf to cook.we took coal from the kitchen to iron our clothes coz there was no electricity.we were terrorised by all sorts of fulani herdmen because there was no security.a good friend of mine died of measles because the health centre was ill equipped.if not for the effort of successive principals,what would the school have been?

Oga,direct your query to the government and take the fraud alert out of the topic

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
there was no one-off anything.we paid fees every term.if at at the year 2000,i paid 3650 as PTA fee,what makes it exorbitant at 6000 in 2015?this same thing you are clamouring for has been the focus for our parents while we were there.but eventually,we accepted it because it was much lesser than other unity schools.

You think you are the first person to make a report to the senate?or to the ministry?we the students made a plea to the national assembly in 2001.it always amazes me how people like you think you know about everything.why don't you visit the school yourself?why don't you ask the principal what the situation is?you just come online and type "fraud alert" and suddenly make yourself into an authority on something you know nothing about.as a student in that school,we had to walk miles to get water to bath.we fetched water from streams for the kitchen staf to cook.we took coal from the kitchen to iron our clothes coz there was no electricity.we were terrorised by all sorts of fulani herdmen because there was no security.a good friend of mine died of measles because the health centre was ill equipped.if not for the effort of successive principals,what would the school have been?

Oga,direct your query to the government and take the fraud alert out of the topic
Are you the Principal or what? Why are you figating? My friend allow the authorities to handle it! You rants didn't even justify things. Beside, no one accused the Principal, I don't knw why you are restless.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:

Are you the Principal or what? Why are you figeting? My friend allow the authorities to handle it! You rants didn't even justify things. Beside, no one accused the Principal, I don't knw why you are restless.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2015
barcanista:

Are you the Principal or what? Why are you figating? My friend allow the authorities to handle it! You rants didn't even justify things. Beside, no one accused the Principal, I don't knw why you are restless.
I am quite sure the word you intended to use was "fidgetting" anyway,what I am against is the "fraud alert" added to your topic and your choice of language makes it seem the principal charges those fees when there shouldn't be any fees.i have made the point that fees have always been paid.so make of it whatever you want
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
I am quite sure the word you intended to use was "fidgetting" anyway,what I am against is the "fraud alert" added to your topic and your choice of language makes it seem the principal charges those fees when there shouldn't be any fees.i have made the point that fees have always been paid.so make of it whatever you want

. . . . . . .relax, . . . . .you can't change the thought process of a programmed "robot", who ran and opened this thread as a means to project the human side of his "person" . . . . . . . . . . . .I mentioned "eye service" earlier because it is clear and obvious to me the op's game plan . . . . . . . . . . . .how else do you explain why someone will call something "fraud" when he has not bothered to verify from the other party (the school)? how does someone call this situation fraud when you don't know the position of the ministry of education? . . . . . . . . . . .the op has heard the woman's version, he will not see reason with your version because it will put paid to his humanitarian agenda!!! . . . . . . . . . .whichever MOD that allowed this topic to make front page with the words "fraud alert" should be banned (seun take note)
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Badguy001(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:

I am quite sure the word you, my friend, intended to use was "fidgeting"! Don't be too hard on urself, bro. Barcanista should be applauded for his concern. I am sure his intention isn't to bring ur alma mater into disrepute!

Dude, be nice!!!
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by IYANGBALI: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
our oldest alumnus finished from suleja in 1992 and if I recall correctly,they weren't up to 20.my entire set was about one hundred students and many of us are still building careers and trying to find our feet.the alumni group is trying the best we can and we will still continue to do more but we cannot be a substitute for government
ok,pls remember the school when you finally get to the top,give back to the school no matter how small
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
IYANGBALI:
ok,pls remember the school when you finally get to the top,give back to the school no matter how small
we always remember the school.that school made many of us ready for life in the real world which is why we have an alumni association which meets quaterly on ways to move the school forward
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by IYANGBALI: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
we always remember the school.that school made many of us ready for life in the real world which is why we have an alumni association which meets quaterly on ways to move the school forward
ok,I wish you guys all the best
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by lovinam: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Your write up is what this thread is about right SMH
realborn:

For you, you need not be partisan. You will inspire and motivate more people with your gift if you are an objective critic.

Often times, being partisan can lead to acts against ones conscience in satisfaction of the puppet master. For example, I was dumbfounded when you acknowledged on another thread that you supported Saraki for Senate Presidency to spite APC despite citing that Saraki is no good for Nigeria. Is this an act of patriotism?
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kizyte(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Delafruita:
it's always been that way.our teachers left us to do our thing while giving guidance where necessary.moreso since its a school policy that a student can't repeat a class so from SS1,we are been told to prepare for waec and jamb
Are you a student of the school?
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kockane(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
IYANGBALI:
eyaaaaaa,see frustration,I do understand,you didn't finish your studies there,you were expelled from the school and so you ended up being a tout,no wonder you were so bitter with my comment,sowie tongue grin

Lmao. If only you knew... well, let's leave it at that.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Kockane(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
siralos135:
How come the two guys that said they graduated from the school has strange username here @kockane and @ismokeweed

Hehehehe... apparently, I'm not the only weirdo that made it through.
Re: Fraud Alert! Federal Government Academy, Suleja: Scholarship Or Burden? (PIX) by Delafruita(m): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kizyte:

Are you a student of the school?
an alumnus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo State University Students To Pay N2.245m As Tuition Fees / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sex Scandal: "Nothing Is Going To Change My Love For You" -Wife / Exclusive Photos Of JAMB CBT Center As Candidates Sweat It Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.