Stats: 3,194,639 members, 7,955,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? (43494 Views)

Man Sits At ATM ABU Zaria With POS, Gives Cash To People At Different Charges / Persistent Queue At ATM Points In MOUAU (Photos) / A New Form Of Credit Card For TBC (2) (3) (4)

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2015
Whether they are real or not. They need the money that's why they are begging. Better to beg than to steal.

It will be awkward if someone walk up to you and say: "Pls give me #500, I need it".. without telling you stories.
So there must always be one story or the other.

Even in advanced countries...people still beg. If you think begging is easy... Try it out someday. Will like to read from you on responses you got while begging.

There is Poverty in the land of Plenty.
Giving is a gift...it can't be acquired. It's inborn.
Beggers will always ask
Givers will never lack.

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by BrainBoss(m): 10:48am On Aug 08, 2015
Scammers everywhere.....
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by keewee: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2015
Level of hardship in Nigeria

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Sunexy(m): 10:50am On Aug 08, 2015
I dnt give dem...I use to have a good feeling dat dey tell lies
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by soloboss(m): 10:50am On Aug 08, 2015
Nigerians av been scamming since 1906 BC
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Feranchek(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Yeah..

There's one woman at first bank Atm in Abeokuta here.

She will be calling on you to give her money after you have withdraw.
I always laugh because she's won't stop calling on you until you give her or walk away.
E.g. Aunty pupa, Brother to wo aso Yellow, Aunty Oloyun etc. grin

Corporate beggars every where..

I soooooo much hate it when people call me "yellow" or "brother yellow" e dey pain me die!!!!! Even if I been wan help you before, I go just vex change my mind! angry

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by adesegun121(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2015
Ok... One babe sef approach me for gtbank abeokuta...
Say e no fit wthdraw.. As a good samaratan.. I gv her 1k...
Na she sabi if na lie or true..
God is watching...
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by tbagjames(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2015
Had a similar experience. one was a little girl who told me she had lost money she sold vegetables and that her Aunty asked her not to return home without the Money. I gave her the little I had.I turned and saw her asking someone else. the other one was at diamond bank who asked for tp saying he had used his tp. for bank charges. some Will come in the name of orphanage
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Oscar4real(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2015
It has happen to me once but closer to a Bank, I was walking on the street, sudently a beautiful and well Dress Lady stopped me and say hello Bros, can you help me with #300 Naira, which I wanted to ignore her, but a different Though came to me from within and made me change my mind and gave her d 3 Huns....but in return this Girl didn't even said Thank you........ I just left cos I did it because of God not because of her Appreciation.... On that same street, I met a hausa Muslim man begging, when he stopped me, he said pls Bros help me In the Name of Jesus christ, grin I say to my self see parttern of Bbegging Abeg...... Naija are Talented even for Begging grin grin

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by spicytayomic(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2015
There is always a man operating around Ogba, he uses glasses and always dress corporate,always holding UBA Atm card,
Anytime, he approaches you, he will tell you that he is stranded and the Atm machine refuse to accept and pay him
Watch out for him, I have had encounter with him in three different ATM point around Ogba and was forced to accuse him the last time I met him

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by NaLaugh: 10:55am On Aug 08, 2015
sseunth:
I went to use atm one day, after withdrawing 2k, one girl walked up to me...she said "pls sir, I am going to ijebu ode but I lost my tfare and I need 500 for it to be completed". So I gave her 340 change I had before withdrawing the 2k....so like 1hr later, a friend called me so we decided to hang out sha...so I had to use the atm again cus we going to bar and 2k might nt be enough...I went to the same atm...after withdrawing 3k...this same girl walked up to me gave me the same story...I looked at her face, that was when she remembered me...she said I'm sorry and she left

I bet whenever she receives a phone call out there, she'll be like "please, let me call you later, I'm at the office." cheesy

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by thrillionaire(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2015
sseunth:

I went to use atm one day, after withdrawing 2k, one girl walked up to me...she said "pls sir, I am going to ijebu ode but I lost my tfare and I need 500 for it to be completed". So I gave her 340 change I had before withdrawing the 2k....so like 1hr later, a friend called me so we decided to hang out sha...so I had to use the atm again cus we going to bar and 2k might nt be enough...I went to the same atm...after withdrawing 3k...this same girl walked up to me gave me the same story...I looked at her face, that was when she remembered me...she said I'm sorry and she left
why didn't you hold her to refund the money you gave her previously
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 08, 2015
I was thinking that a beggar has no choice not until I met dis man at an atm around broad strt, this man waited patiently 4 me n he saw d amt I withdrew, he told me dt he is a pasto going on a program in ibadan, that he is stranded n nids moni 2 fuel his ride(pointing towards a car parked in front of d bank), he even started praying 4 me then I gave him 2k, the man knowing d amt I had told me dt I can do better than dis, started quoting bible 4 me, I jst added 1k 2make it 3k. I gave him d moni nt because I believed him bt cos I knw he needed it, bt my point is dt inasmuch as I knw dt d man needed cash, must u lie using God, claiming 2 pastor? He even started prophesying on my life, Mayb he knws dt we nigerians r damn too religious hence such begging scope........bt one thing I like abt d guy is his level of confidence, dt guy fit approach buhari claiming 2 be d president of Togo.

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by rottennaija(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2015
libertyfather:
Here is my experience, I went to withdraw from atm on my way out, I met this girl crying heaven and hell, though she dint call me but kind of feeling sorry for her and was force to ask her what's wrong with her, take note good Samaritan that pity her faking cry happens to be her victim... she told me she lost money for the whole pure water she sold for the day which amount to 1900 naira and they will kill her if she go home, I was force to give her 500 another guy stop by before I leave the scene but don't know his own contribution, so I heard my folks talking about such incident someday, I told them abt my experience that when I know it's a scam....this is the simple format a girl with a tray crying so profusely like she about to be killed and always in front of a bank waiting for good Samaritan that's always their victims

Because of lawlessness, the love of many people have grown cold. This is why it's becomes increasingly hard to help people with genuine problems
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by thrillionaire(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Feranchek:

I soooooo much hate it when people call me "yellow" or "brother yellow" e dey pain me die!!!!! Even if I been wan help you before, I go just vex change my mind! angry
Lol, I hate am pass ul,
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by BestySam(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
This is what we call end time business lol
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Whether the person is telling the truth or not.... Doesn't count. The fact is the person needs it and needs to get as much as possible they can get.

Just like everyone here . No one gets money from a source and tells himself or herself.. That's enough, I don't need more money.

Just like you and I want more...they also want more.

Begging is not a Scam.

The fact that some may not be saying the truth doesn't make it a Scam. And if you still think not saying truth is a scam ..then probably every one here is a Scammer.
Cos am certain, we all tell Lies. Some even worse that those we all claim to hear at the ATM.

Give if you want to Give....Don't Talk
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by jeremiah92(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Geez....what people do for money. .mine was a boy that i think will be feeling sick . He came asked me for seven hundread naira and i told him i dont have. Then he took out five hundread from his pocket and said i should take. I told him i dont need his money so he should keep it. WHen he saw i was not taking the money he starting speaking in his native language and was like pointing at me. At that point i felt embarassed and walk away. To my greatest surprise the guy was falling me and was like shouting at my back that i should give him his money. then i told him his money was there on the floor and i dint pick it. He said he is not talking about that one, that its the seven hundread i was oweing him. I was then confused and was like trying to explane to him that am not with his money ,when a guy told me to lleave him alone that he is mad and that is how he always do. At that point the guy started craying saying i must pay him oh!. i called a bike and i left. Trust me ever since that day, when ever i see the boy, nah to go the other way. THis has made me not to even visit my girl frie d in her faculty again cus thats where the guy stays....

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by efemenaslectura: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Op you're a learner o grin

so you don't know what is called corporate begging. If he doesn't wear suit how will you know he's responsible or a man of God grin cheesy

desperate times call for desperate measures cheesy cheesy grin grin

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by misspicy(f): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
FannySwindler:
Whether they are real or not. They need the money that's why they are begging. Better to beg than to steal.

It will be awkward if someone walk up to you and say: "Pls give me #500, I need it".. without telling you stories.

Even in advanced countries...people still beg. If you think begging is easy... Try it out someday. Will like to read from you on responses you got while begging.

Beggers will always ask
Givers will never lack.
You are the only one making sense here buh why cnt able bodies men and women look for a job to do rather than begging,i biliv begging should be done only by d handicapped.
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Exponental(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2015
begging... an old profession since d days of Cain and Abel.
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
as me i don wicked so... even N5 no fit comot for my pocket

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by internetpo(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
Haven't encountered any. just here to read stories.
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Ademat7(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
It's not an issue in Nigeria, Abeg,come to U.K, they're all over the ATM begging for cash. They're the gypsies
hope they aren't black or nigerian to b specific?
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by j4sure(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2015
Speechlessss
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by sseunth(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2015
NaLaugh:

I bet whenever she receives a phone call out there, she'll be like "please, let me call you later, I'm at the office." cheesy
and she go dey form for one mumu guy like that

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by tbagjames(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2015
FannySwindler:

Beggers will always ask
Givers will never lack.
I like your moniker

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Ademat7:
hope they aren't black or nigerian to b specific?

Blacks don't have time for such nonsense.
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by internetpo(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2015
Scam Alert. Everyone here's one of them trolling on Nairaland. cheesy

FannySwindler:
Whether the person is telling the truth or not.... Doesn't count. The fact is the person needs it and needs to get as much as possible they can get.

Just like everyone here . No one gets money from a source and tells himself or herself.. That's enough, I don't need more money.

Just like you and I want more...they also want more.

Begging is not a Scam.

The fact that some may not be saying the truth doesn't make it a Scam. And if you still think not saying truth is a scam ..then probably every one here is a Scammer.
Cos am certain, we all tell Lies. Some even worse that those we all claim to hear at the ATM.

Give if you want to Give....Don't Talk
Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by bigass123(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2015
Even this one still better... What of people you give financial assistance to.. Only to discover minutes later that your d!ck has gone on transfer...
Honestly, to help people these days is getting increasingly very difficult.. You just don't know who is who... Its so sad cry

Re: At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? by anataala: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2015
is a normal happening in ATM machines around garki nd wuse in abuja even yesterday at shoprite a lady that came after claim the machine is rejecting her GTB card bla,bla,bla, but i told mine too is gt bank atm card and i have gotten my money, to my surprise as i am walking she stops me to assist her with any amount that her fuel have finish in the car,that her fuel gauge have disappoint her, i told look young lady i can't assist you and i left.
gtim4uall:
A couple of months ago I went to do withdrawal at the ATM, some folks where there before me so I got it to wait, it was dark around 9 O'Clock. There was a particular man well dressed and looked responsible trying or maybe pretending to do withdrawal with one of machines there, everyone who used the other machines where collecting their cash and leaving but he was still there, all of a sudden he began to shout and randomly pressing the buttons of the machine with a claim that his card has been swallowed,, he became very emotional and disorganized, I walked up to him to play a good Samaritan,, tried to calm him down, tell him what to do when one's card is swallowed by the machine,,, go to your Bank and reapply.

†*** one chance,, "" this man patiently waited for me to take my turn and withdraw my small naira and then approached me that he is a pastor in one of the big ministries ,that His daughter is very ill and he came to get cash to buy her drugs I should help him with #2000 ,, that's a big cash for a student to just give out,,,,,, I managed anyway to give him half of it and another senior man that made a better withdrawal gave him some amount I don't know about,,,, I left and was doing my "in-the-mind" analysis, why was he the only case of such accident,, warever,,,, I swept the thud off to listen to the sound from my tecno ear piece,,,I love it
Now yesterday, I went to a different point to make withdrawal,, one young man was using the machine as I waited, he told me to come and try,the machine has refused to pay him, I went in and without delay I got my Cash, hmmm, this guy turned to me ," Sir ..my daughter (again) is ill and needs blood transfusion, since I can't withdraw can you please help me with just #2,000 ,, God will bless you " unfortunately this time it wasn't my cash, I had no option than tell him I don't have the amount, and that the cash I just withdrew was not mine , but he still insist I give him and that he came from a nearby state,, so I brought my mind back to the first encounter , both came to get money for drugs for their sick daughters,,,, could this be a coincidence? or is this a new way of begging?,, has anyone other than myself experience this? Comment or share your experience let's learn____,,,,,

God bless

LalasticaLalastica wink grin

Tony Elumelu Pictured With Kupe Boys / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float? / Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52