Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why Date A Broke Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Date A Broke Girl (946 Views)

There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys / Sex With A Broke Girl Vs Sex With A Rich Girl / The Bitter Experience Of Dating A Broke Girl (2) (3) (4)

Why Date A Broke Girl by saintfizzo(m): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Fellow NL..... I try to be objective in my thinking both in business,socials or relationships, and this brought me to question somethings.... if girls generally won't date broke guyz... why should I ever date a broke girl.
I can afford maids so don't tell me she'll wash and clean for me, I can afford very talented olosho so sex ain't that exclusive IMO....why should I date a broke girl?

Just asking undecided

Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 08, 2015
If u date a broke girl, u are finished!
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by bewla(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2015
Y because she is broke
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by saintfizzo(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2015
But 75% of naija gurls are broke.... the remaining 25% too dey form hard to get mschwwww
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by falconey(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2015
they hate this kind of thread you are sure not geting comments from them and their admirers.

Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by ggrin(f): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by Owoplenty(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2015
mehn! you're on cause
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by dmcdad: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2015
First and foremost, what is the meaning of the word "broke" as used in the context?
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by saintfizzo(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2015
dmcdad:
First and foremost, what is the meaning of the word "broke" as used in the context?
Broke means she believes it's her right that I take her out,pay for her hair,buy her phone,give her surprises and spice the relationship with my own cash while all she does is call and ask "Baby have U eaten?"
Mschwwwww

Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
who are "they"
Re: Why Date A Broke Girl by dmcdad: 10:26am On Aug 08, 2015
saintfizzo:

Broke means she believes it's her right that I take her out,pay for her hair,buy her phone,give her surprises and spice the relationship with my own cash while all she does is call and ask "Baby have U eaten?"
Mschwwwww
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay good. In that sense, it doesn't make any sense to say you are in a relationship with such a person. I greatly share your view as regards this, more-so because I am kinda a no-nonsense guy who knows what he wants.

Personally, I am an advocate for a symbiotic relationship. I believe relationships should be a two-way traffic, and as such, the need to call, text et al shouldn't be laid on the guy alone. Gone are the days when women sit at home and just wait for a man to come marry them off their family, care for them, and they remain probably as house-wives. These days things aint so rosy, the more reason why men are shying away from marriage. These days, a family is being run from the collective efforts of both parties. Of course a man, being a man, would always assume a larger percentage of the burden, while a woman supports him in whatever way that is fitting.

Now, let me narrow this down to relationships, or dating as you might wanna term it. On a personal note, I cant have anything serious (if at all I have anything to do with the person) with a lady who doesn't share this ideology with me. That, it is her duty as much as it is mine to call, text and show care. There are some ladies girls that would tell you they cant call a guy. Now the painful thing about this is; if you say you cant call just any guy, that would be fine and understandable. But if that would include a guy you are in a relationship with, then it means such ladies girls are myopic and generally useless as long as relationships are concerned. Pardon my language. I dey vex. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calling, texting, showing care (maybe through gifts and all) are for both parties. Now, there is no perfect balance to this. One can show more than the other, its allowed. In-fact, in most cases, you wouldn't find it to be in a 50:50 ratio. But to leave the aforementioned to be the exclusive duty of the guy, means the guy is in a relationship with himself.

Its startling to know that a lady would be having her birthday, and the guy would celebrate it for/with her in his own might. Yet, when he is having his birthday, he would be the one to take her out, like its her birthday. You know what I think about this? I think that is the height stupidity. This is not about the money, but about doing things right. A friend of mine, whenever he celebrates his birthday, his girlfriend would take care of him for the whole of the day. The only thing he would do would be to drive. Every other things would be done by the girl. Why? She would say its his day. That he shouldn't be doing anything other than making himself available for her to take proper care of. Mind you, this girl aint rich. No be so e suppose be?

Well, I think I would have to stop here, because if one wants to dissect ladies' attitudes and dispositions towards relationships, then the whole of the day wouldn't be enough to do that.

Nigerian girls (don't know about other Africans) need to change their mindset. Little do they know that men would respect them more if they take up responsibilities too.

My humble opinion.

Question Of The Day! What Do You Say When Rejected By A Lady / Best Marriage Tips/advice Ever---by Kemi Oyedepo / When Yu're The Zonal Chairman Of Friendzone.. Lol