Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) (552 Views)

I Enjoyed The Rape..am Looking For Someone To Rape Me - Young Lady Seek Advice / Nairalander Court Wedding In Pictures / What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
I understand quite alright that there is no rape in marriage but what if the marriage has not been legalised in a court of law. can the husband be charged for rape?
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by nobilis: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2015
It is not just the court that makes a marriage legal.
Any marriage done in a church with witnesses is also legal.
Traditional marriages are also legal.
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2015
nobilis:
thanks for the info
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by Penssuwa(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
nobilis:
I beg to differ. There is no such thing as church wedding. We only have marriage under the Act and customary marriage. There are plethora of cases where "church marriage " was declared not to be a marriage but blessing of purported marriage. That is why many churches demand that couples be registered at the marriage registry first.
To the OP, customary marriage is recognized by the law, and in that regard, the concept of rape applies not.
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
Penssuwa:

I beg to differ. There is no such thing as church wedding. We only have marriage under the Act and customary marriage. There are plethora of cases where "church marriage " was declared not to be a marriage but blessing of purported marriage. That is why many churches demand that couples be registered at the marriage registry first.
To the OP, customary marriage is recognized by the law, and in that regard, the concept of rape applies not.
hmmmmm
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by nobilis: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Penssuwa:

Ok. Thanks for the info.
Re: Is The Rape Law Applicable In A Non-legalised Marriage(no Court Wedding) by tpiander: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Quick Ejaculation And Weak Erection / Starting A Relationship On Facebook (what You Need To Know) / Every Guy Na Woman Wrapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.