Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? (7061 Views)

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / If Your Fiance Wears This To Your House... / When Your Fiance Is From IMO State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Will you still marry him knowing the following;
1. He can marry other wives with ease
2. He can kick you out at any opportunity he gets
3. You have no protection under the law in case he dies.

Pls men, instead of ruling out white wedding, you can do a small one if money is your consideration.

Matured advise.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Some Nigerians need to understand dat fiance is male while fiancee is female.. I wonder why dey tend to always mix it up

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by sheunsheun(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mk i tk seat, viewing in 3D
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Well if I were a lady and my man doesn't insist of church wedding. I leave him! It's just not dat hard!

angry
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
fiancee?..okay ooo
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Allwility: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
If I were a lady, I'd like to know what his reasons are. If they aren't making sense and he still insists on having it his way, I'd call off the relationship.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008
Daretodiffer
Freecocoa
Lezzlie
Postmann
Estarfabian
Mizmycoli
Mamagee3

And others, ur comments needed
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Yepa
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2016

Court marriage or not, I can never experience all of the above except for number one but then I have the frustration, divorce option and contract renegotiation.

However, I strongly advise any Nigerian woman to insist on court marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sorry I know of someone who just ended his marriage! He did court,traditional and church. When the woman was misbehaving badly, no pastor, nor documents nor traditions could make him change his mind. He kicked her to the curbs and signed an Alimony to cater for their son! He would be getting married later in June to someone else. Bottom line is when you are married, behave yourself as a lady or a guy! Divorce is inevitable,nobody is indisposable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jadekitana:
Sorry I know of someone who just ended his marriage! He did court,traditional and church. When the woman was misbehaving badly, no pastor, nor documents nor traditions could make him change his mind. He kicked her to the curbs and signed an Alimony to cater for their son! He would be getting married later in June to someone else. Bottom line is when you are married, behave yourself as a lady or a guy! Divorce is inevitable,nobody is indisposable.

Divorce is not the reason people marry in court sad
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok we learn everyday, now what's the reason behind court weddings,lets hear your opinion
daretodiffer:

Divorce is not the reason people marry in court sad

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Youngpo413: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
There is nothing wrong in marrying other wives if he chooses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Youngpo413:
There is nothing wrong in marrying other wives if he chooses.
no woman wants to share.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by RoyalBlak007: 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
...am here

...to read ****
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Omotayor123(f): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
No marriage at all then cry
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Youngpo413: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fairytales:
no woman wants to share.
but will gladly share married men while single.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by halfricanadian(f): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Well only traditional marriage no church?

We sign prenup
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jadekitana:
Ok we learn everyday, now what's the reason behind court weddings,lets hear your opinion

Security, bigamy, and so on

In a country like Nigeria where your husban can throw you out when he wishes, he won't be able to do that in law. You can sue hiss ass if he tries it

Men often use their familky etc as next of kin, when he dies, the family may seize all the properties and leave the wife and her children stranded. However with a court marriage, they will be secured. Next of kin does not mean you automatically own all the properties however it gives the next of kin a certain authority over it.

Your husband cannot marry another wife without a proper divorce. I think you can get compensation if he cheats on you. I am not sure about that.

Also, he cannot leave you financially stranded after a divorce.

This arguments should also apply if you are the richer partner as well as the one that misbehaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok thanks i'v learnt 2 or 3 things today.
daretodiffer:

In a country like Nigeria where your husban can throw you out when he wishes, he won't be able to do that in law. You can sue hiss ass if he tries it

Men often use their familky etc as next of kin, when he dies, the family may seize all the properties and leave the wife and her children stranded. However with a court marriage, they will be secured. Next of kin does not mean you automatically own all the properties however it gives the next of kin a certain authority over it.

Your husband cannot marry another wife without a proper divorce. I think you can get compensation if he cheats on you. I am not sure about that.

This arguments should also apply if you are the richer partner as well as the one that misbehaves.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by agarawu23(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fairytales:

Pls men, instead of ruling out white wedding, you can do a small one if money is your consideration.

Matured advise.

sorry!!!
I honestly can't do court wedding with ANY lady and NOBODY can change my mind on that.

These set of ladies with court wedding do behave silly and I can't take such shiit. You expect me to marry a Lady and if she messed up , I kick her ass out and one mumu court will divide my property for such biitch? God4bid.

If you can't marry me cos I ain't doing court, another person will.

After all only lazy and bad minded ladies will insist on court wedding undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fairytales:
Toks2008
Daret odiffer
Freec.ocoa
Lez.zlie
Postm.ann
Estarfabian
Mizmyc.oli
Mamag.ee3

And others, ur comments needed
If she insists on just traditional marriage, she couldn't have made a better choice!!!

To me, that's the way to go!!! Court marriages and white wedding are just what they truelly are; the rites of our cultural and spiritual subjugation to the West.

Besides court marriage aren't divorce-proof, white wedding is just a Cinderella show for the bride and her friends.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jadekitana:
Brilliant, please tell them, especially those who think they know too much.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by postmann: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fairytales:

Matured advise.

1 & 2 are deal breakers. No woman who is worth her salt will walk into a union with a man who has made it clear that he would take routes 1 & 2 for the slightest of reasons.

Number 3 smells like a coded phrase for court marriage. A man can still hand his property to his wife in the eventuality of his death. And he doesn't need a court marriage to do that.

I have little appreciation for man's law that meddles into marriage.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Fairytales:

Matured advise.

https://www.nairaland.com/3014187/married-lady-never-good-single#44167364
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
Brilliant, please tell them, especially those who think they know too much.

Lezz cheesy
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
If she insists on just traditional marriage, she couldn't have made a better choice!!!

To me, that's the way to go!!! Court marriages and white wedding are just what they truelly are; the rites of our cultural and spiritual subjugation to the West.

Besides court marriage aren't divorce-proof, white wedding is just a Cinderella show for the bride and her friends.

you may call it a cinderella show, but it's a once in a life time event, why deny her of the experience? Also, to save cost, it can be merged into the traditional wedding.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
sorry!!!
I honestly can't do court wedding with ANY lady and NOBODY can change my mind on that.

These set of ladies with court wedding do behave silly and I can't take such shiit. You expect me to marry a Lady and if she messed up , I kick her ass out and one mumu court will divide my property for such biitch? God4bid.

If you can't marry me cos I ain't doing court, another person will.

After all only lazy and bad minded ladies will insist on court wedding undecided
see vexation cheesy
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by naijathings(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

all this wahala, terms and conditions like when we were buying SIM card for over 30K.

Does anyone in this world marry simply because of Love anymore ? Or it is a matter of WHO GETS WHAT ?

How people be thinking of security and divorce while saying their marriage vows and signing papers.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
naijathings:

all this wahala, terms and conditions like when we were buying SIM card for over 30K.

Does anyone in this world marry simply because of Love anymore ? Or it is a matter of WHO GETS WHAT ?

How people be thinking of security and divorce while saying their marriage vows and signing papers.

let me see, ther sis love not Romeo and Juliet love.

If you look around you, you wouldn't be surprised. Two strangers who intend to live together must be prepared because after all they are humans that is they can misbehave. Better safe than sorry undecided

Why won't you think of security? If it ends up bad, do you expect your family and friends to clean up your mess?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by naijathings(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
daretodiffer:

let me see, ther sis love not Romeo and Juliet love.

If you look around you, you wouldn't be surprised. Two strangers who intend to live together must be prepared because after all they are humans that is they can misbehave. Better safe than sorry undecided

Why won't you think of security? If it ends up bad, do you expect your family and friends to clean up your mess?

yeah my comment was made out of wonder and bewilderment for how love and marriage has become a tangled web of terms and conditions.. Yet there are some couple who still keep it together for over 40 years with just LOVE and Understanding as their pillar rather than sticking together because of some court documents and the fear of what is going to be lost when the smoke clears after legal crossfire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landers Rate Me And My Babe. Is She Cute?am I Cute ? Re We Cute? / Normal To See Women Wearing Mini Skirts In Brazil(photos, Video) / Saw This, In My Newly Purchased Apartment. What Would You Do ? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.