Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? (2500 Views)

Omoyele Sowore / I Almost Committed Suicide Because Of My Tribal Marks - Nigerian Lady / How Soon Do Good Guys Find Miss Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2015
embarassed on a serious note with a sad look ,our parent never thought the world could get so civilized , I guess they did not also thought about our choice and right as humans before consenting to follow some yucky traditional fashion ( permanent for that matter).

Tribal marks are beautiful and they are signs of identification ssssh! That's so 1967!, the world has become a global village as envisioned by McLuhan and a Nigerian also said it to be a global room where anyone can choose to be and be identified as any tribe, not with some facial butchery.

As much as we don't get to choose our parents ,you can not not decide what should be done to you as a baby , sad as it is,many of us has accepted it ,grow with it and we have been living with it regardless of the inferiority ,low self esteem , bullying ,condemnation, and stigmatization we get to withstand.

Some say just accept yourself the way you are ,as if that's how God made us!
Some people literarily believe anyone with tribal mark is an illiterate or a mugu and you will clearly see a surprised look on their faces when they hear you speak nice and logically.
Do you have one or two marks on you ? Share your story here or Are you interested in contributing meaningfully to this topic ,let's reason a way out.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by megamank(m): 12:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Your village people will disown you o.....

1 Like

Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 12:22am On Aug 09, 2015
I like the tribal marks my cousin has it

They thought he was obganje

9ice has it

I like it, it adds character to the persons face
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 09, 2015
desire7:
embarassed on a serious note with a sad look ,our parent never thought the world could get so civilized , I guess they did not also thought about our choice and right as humans before consenting to follow some yucky traditional fashion ( permanent for that matter).

Tribal marks are beautiful and they are signs of identification ssssh! That's so 1967!, the world has become a global village as envisioned by McLuhan and a Nigerian also said it to be a global room where anyone can choose to be and be identified as any tribe, not with some facial butchery.

As much as we don't get to choose our parents ,you can not not decide what should be done to you as a baby , sad as it is,many of us has accepted it ,grow with it and we have been living with it regardless of the inferiority ,low self esteem , bullying ,condemnation, and stigmatization we get to withstand.

Some say just accept yourself the way you are
u can actually get rid of tribal mark if u want.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by chigoizie7(m): 1:00am On Aug 09, 2015
It kinda make some people sexy and unique.
Whatever rocks my boat might sink yours.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Dez80(m): 2:40am On Aug 09, 2015
Which tribe you from first of all?
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by endowednicky(f): 5:03am On Aug 09, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
must you quote the whole post
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 5:07am On Aug 09, 2015
I don't even understand why our ancestors started this sh angryt in the first place,and to see some people still giving their children marks this days is sardonic and lugubrious,met with a lady working in a bank close to my office,a very beautiful lady with some insalubrious marks all over her face.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by anigbajumo(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Humanbeing1st:

Av neva heard dis b4 oooo

R u sure or kinda joke?
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2015
anigbajumo:

Av neva heard dis b4 oooo
R u sure or kinda joke?
SURE!
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by IamLEGEND1: 8:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

9ice has it

shey na play be diz?

add character for where?

if to say my parents draw dat nonsense for my face,i for don disown them tey-tey.

u luv it?

give ur children one,it will add more flair to their face.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Lisaflex(f): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:
9ice has it
Y not get 1 since u lyk it? grin
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Lisaflex(f): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2015
Don't lyk it 1 bit! I feel bad each tym i cm across sm1 whose face is ruined by dt stuff,esp wen its a girl... I've actually seen a beautiful girl whose face was redesigned wt those marks n i had a strong urge to find her parents,jump at dem n claw at their faces angry
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by kradleber: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2015
O.P you are quite pretty but I can't find any tribal mark on your face...
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by kradleber: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

9ice has it

why would anyone like tribal mark ? that's like having a permanent wound on the face..

& I'm sure your cousin wished he/she didn't have it
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by iamtomi(f): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

shey na play be diz?

add character for where?

if to say my parents draw dat nonsense for my face,i for don disown them tey-tey.

u luv it?

that was harsh.. grin
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

shey na play be diz?

add character for where?

u luv it?

you don't have any? fulanis draw it a lot
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2015
All the best
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Lisaflex:

Y not get 1 since u lyk it? grin

Yeah of course I don't want, but since the person already has it I can see some positive things in it
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2015
iamtomi:
that was harsh.. grin

Lol don't mind him
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2015
kradleber:

why would anyone like tribal mark ? that's like having a permanent wound on the face..

& I'm sure your cousin wished he/she didn't have it

I haven't seen him for a long time but as far as I know, he didn't really mind

I like it on guys
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by kradleber: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2015
in as much as we should always try to see the good in bad things - this irrelevant & barbaric culture should be abolished legally

if my parents did this to me I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive them
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by kradleber: 10:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

I haven't seen him for a long time but as far as I know, he didn't really mind

I like it on guys

you do realise it comes with a lot of things right?

•stigma amongst others
there's no where the person would go & people won't tend to pity them- like they are victims of mutilation ...

1 Like

Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2015
kradleber:

you do realise it comes with a lot of things right?

•stigma amongst others
there's no where the person would go & people won't tend to pity them- like they are victims of mutilation ...

But why would you have a stigma, you didn't give yourself the mark

I have seen so many people with it where I am, nobody cares about it

Anyway, please enlighten me. What is the stigma

Note that im not talking about those excessive marks that cover a big part of your face, those aren't really fair on the child. Just the small ones on both cheeks
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2015
Humanbeing1st:

Really ? Share your knowledge.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2015
Dez80:
Which tribe you from first of all?

This Isn't about tribe. Address the topic.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2015
kradleber:

Got tribal marks i.e 1.1 ,it does not really show in pictures, except when it's a close shot.
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by famzynet: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2015
kradleber:

Can't you see she must have concealed it with make ups?
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by kradleber: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Gurgle:

But why would you have a stigma, you didn't give yourself the mark

it doesn't matter - stigma that my parents weren't literate enough & were very diabolical maybe

Gurgle:

I have seen so many people with it where I am, nobody cares about it

people with tribal marks don't complain openly - so because nobody cares about it in your clime doesn't mean everybody is cool with it

Gurgle:

Anyway, please enlighten me. What is the stigma

Note that im not talking about those excessive marks that cover a big part of your face, those aren't really fair on the child. Just the small ones on both cheeks

•most of those with tribal marks have low-self esteem - I mean the conscious ones who went to school not the old people who don't care

•I was speaking with a girl who had tribal marks on a certain day & anytime our faces met she got shy - why? she was probably ashamed of it..

•like O.P said - people with tribal marks are stereotyped by society as Illiterates

•It attracts unnecessary attention

2 Likes

Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Gurgle(f): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2015
kradleber:

it doesn't matter - stigma that my parents weren't literate enough & were very diabolical maybe

people with tribal marks don't complain openly - so because nobody cares about it in your clime doesn't mean everybody is cool with it

•most of those with tribal marks have low-self esteem - I mean the conscious ones who went to school not the old people who don't care

•I was speaking with a girl who had tribal marks on a certain day & anytime our faces met she got shy - why? she was probably ashamed of it..

•like O.P said - people with tribal marks are stereotyped by society as Illiterates

•It attracts unnecessary attention

Ok I understand you

I actually saw a documentary about it, they travelled to Ijebu-Ode and they filmed them scraping the mark into the baby's face...wow

I don't know, if I saw a doctor or a university professor with it I would be really interested as to their background. The low self-esteem cant really arise if you just accept it as part of who you are and wear it comfortably

Anyway I don't have any so I cant talk for those who do, my parents cant ever do that lol especially my father, he cant just do it haha
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by MayflowerB(f): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2015
Here we go again
Re: Am Removing My Tribal Marks Soon ,do You Want Yours Gone Too? by Johnnoah1st: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2015
@OP, go and do scar removal surgery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DISTURBED: Somebody Help Me! My Neighbour's Wife Is Always Trying To Seduce Me / Wow......... / Why Would A Guy Stare At A Girl He Ignores As He Talks To Someone Else?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.