Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,556 members, 7,843,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi (20442 Views)

Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno / Apc:without Tangible Evidence Efcc Will Not Go After Tinubu,amaechi.... / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast This Evening (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by MizMyColi(f): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
I think you have a point there. They probably are not clean..buh smarter than one another. Some know how to cover their tracks, while some don't.

There is a funny saying that "Na almost all of us they steal. But na person wey dem catch be thief" grin

Gbam!
I concur with you.

Now you understand why some are agitating that these lot be probed. There is usually no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Borderless: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=Mynd44 post=36760906]I wonder why Governor Wike has not started the probe of Ameachi's administration yet. Probe the guy and send your submissions to the EFCC and stop yelling.

As for Tinubu, has he not been tried 3 times in court and found innocent? What's wrong with people?[/quot

Just in the same manner the "common thief Ibori" was declared innocent by our courts! Now we know better. grin

3 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Beremx(f): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

GEJ was not interested in bringing anyone down.
He promoted the chop-I-chop policy because he believed it will keep the lions at bay and allow him settle down to governing.

Buhari on the other hand can't deal with a spec of corruption.

Given his executive powers, we expect him to launch a sincere probe into these individuals, and do some fact finding, without fear or favour, but can he?

Next thing they'll tell me now is that Obasanjo is the holiest saint alive.
@bold,and you think that was right?
Like Lai Mohammed said,its not all about accusing APC leaders of corruption. Provide evidence and report to EFCC instead of making noise.

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by joseph1832(m): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
Did They Look For Any (Evidence) And Not Find One?
Who is they? PDP or APC?
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Borderless: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2015
Mynd44:
I wonder why Governor Wike has not started the probe of Ameachi's administration yet. Probe the guy and send your submissions to the EFCC and stop yelling.

As for Tinubu, has he not been tried 3 times in court and found innocent? What's wrong with people?

Just in the same manner the "common thief Ibori" was declared innocent by our courts! Now we know better. grin
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Mynd44: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=Borderless post=36762168][/quote]
But the Tinubu has been to the same countries where Ibori got into trouble and walked away.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Unfortunately some people just can't seem to get it that evidence is different from allegation.

Imagine what the girl you quoted said? That further proves my position, if a court acquit you can you be said to still be guilty?. Honestly, some monikers here have made themselves best friends with fallacy.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Borderless: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
I tire o! Even their paymaster(Mr clueless) tried all he could(when he he was in power) to bring him down but couldn't.. It's surprising to see the children of hate wailing "Buhari should jail tinubu" and bla bla bla

Let Bobo Chicago take a trip to the USA nah, that time your eye go clear.

Now I know why the whites see Africans as animals. I'm surprised you foools would still be shielding those who plundered our commonwealth. If you idiiots still need evidence let him take a trip to the US. grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by merry02(m): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2015
Lie mohammed keep. Quiet!
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Borderless:

Now I know why the whites see Africans as animals. I'm surprised you foools would still be shielding those who plundered our commonwealth. If you idiiots still need evidence let him take a trip to the US. grin
I think you are the f00l here. Ranting on nairaland isn't the way to go about this.

"If they(idi0ts like you) have any evidence, let them show such evidence or petition against any of these people. They cannot just ask the EFCC to go after someone without concrete evidence of indictment against the person.” - lai Muhammed.

Happy sunday. smiley
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by PassingShot(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

That a person was tried in court and acquired does not necessarily lay grounds for a declaration of total innocence.

Some People are good at covering their tracks, pressing the right buttons and pushing the right strings.

Morality and Ethics begins where the law ends.

Anyone who comes on this thread and declares in good conscience that he or she believes Tinubu et Amaechi and co, even Jonathan...have no vestige of corruption hanging around them, will be condemned and sentenced to mental rehabilitation by me.
Angel Gabriel will specially handle your casegrin
The burden of proof lies with the person who alleges. No be so?

You cannot use perception to pronounce someone corrupt except where it is very obvious.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Borderless: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Mynd44:

But the Tinubu has been to the same countries where Ibori got into trouble and walked away.

Indeed I'm shocked at your pattern of reasoning! shocked

No wonder they steal because they know you're not smart enough to stone them. The same Amaechi who said that a while ago is forming saint now by telling us that those close to him know he doesn't like money. Do you find logic in that? I'm sorry for you guys.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2015
There is nothing like the law presume you innocent until the court prove otherwise when it come to Nigerian politicians. They are thieves not to talk governors that behave like gods in office, am not siding anyone PDP,APC,ACN CPC or APGA. They have steal and corrupt the country poor and we dont need any court to tell us they are thieves. Nigerians have to speak with one voice and rise against these pen arm robbers.

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Mynd44: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2015
Borderless:

Indeed I'm shocked at your pattern of reasoning! shocked

No wonder they steal because they know you're not smart enough to stone them. The same Amaechi who said that a while ago is forming saint now by telling us that those close to him know he doesn't like money. Do you find logic in that? I'm sorry for you guys.
1. I wouldn't stone anyone even if I saw them stealing money.
2. I am not absorbing anyone of stealing. My point is that if anyone has reasons to believe someone is corrupt, send a petition of the said crime to the authorities as really we staying here to even say President Jonathan is a thief is enough grounds for a libel suit.

So if you think anyone stole, go report and stop bothering everyone.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by AlPeter: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2015
This reminds me of the mafia, they commits a crime and do it so well that all evidences are lost. They don't need to hide or deny all they just do is ask for the fucking evidence.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by moufan: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Borderless:

what's dis one saying? didn't 4 us congress lawmakers pay him a visit just last month,if they knew he's wanted in their country would they have paid him any visit?
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesharryson(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=midolian post=36761489]why didn't oga jonah do the needful when he was in power? Has Tinubu not bn tried? What was the result? undecided

Some of you just reason like as if there is a grave punishment for reasoning well. angry #noVex[/quote
The only difference between u and idiot is that u can stand erect. Fool
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesharryson(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2015
Boscojugunu:
u still don't get. If u have any evidence against him, kindly write a petition attaching Ur evidence and submit it to the appropriate quarters. Or better still if u don't know how to go by it, mail me I will surely help u with it. And please stop ranting

The Oga Jonah is not a witch hunter like ur APC leaders. Go and talk about ur own case

Stop covering up what u re not sure. When will u start ranting
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesharryson(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2015
dayo23:
mumu
Ur generation na mumu.
slowpoke. I owe u no apology till you grow up. Ewu ofia. Aturu awusa Nnama Nchi ofia
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesharryson(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2015
dayo23:
mumu
Ur generation na mumu.
slowpoke. I owe u no apology till you grow up. Ewu ofia. Aturu awusa Nnama Nchi ofia
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Shadrach4me: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2015
9/8/2015 match predictions http://tinyurl_com/opoua9n
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by bigerboy200: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2015
GenBloodykiIler:
then i can technically tell you that there is nothing like corruption fight.

what we have here is a mere witch hunting

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

midolian is a gworo seller - abduljabbar4

omenka =omenkata

egift is a thief - midolian
chaaaai...some people no get sense sha

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by GenBloodykiIler: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2015
bigerboy200:

chaaaai...some people no get sense sha

chaiii some people are bastard eeee
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by temitemi1(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2015
#ProudlyWailingForABetterDemocracy cheesy
hakeem4:
grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2015
There is evidence of corruption.....but the problem is Nigerians as a whole are not ready to fight corruption.

So long as people think of development in terms of slices and crumbs of cake.....we will never ever be able to fight corruption.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Ubyy: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Are you guys really going to act like you dont know Tinubu and Amaechi are corrupt Lets forget political affinity. Before Buhari came into power, we always knew at least Tinubu was corrupt. So, seeing that fellow Nigerians are turning a blind eye to this, there is no future for this generation...

2 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2015
what tangible evidence does efcc needs to go after tinubu and amaechi when we know that lagos state is own be tinubu?Who own lcc that collect toll fee at lekki?Who owns oriental hotel,tvc,radio continental, the nation, saharareporters? Tinubu cannot acquire those companies if he was not a godfather and gov of lagos state.We also know that ex gov amaechi funded buhari's presidential campaign with river state money.
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by anonimi: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2015
In Oby's voice. The APC witches think we are all still hypnotised and under their juju spell.
Let Oby continue looking for "empirical evidence" of her sugar daddy's corruption =>

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....
They too are seeking CHANGE!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by nationwide1(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
•Warns PDP that being in opposition is not immunity from prosecution

In a pointed response to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, All Progressives Congress said yesterday that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission would not act against leaders of the ruling party except it has solid evidence.
APC was reacting to calls by PDP for the probe of the ruling party’s national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, director-general of the Buhari campaign organisation, former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and others alleged to have funded President Muhammadu’s campaign at the last general elections.

APC also warned that being in the opposition does not grant PDP members immunity from prosecution, in an unmistakable answer to the opposition party’s allegations about a witch-hunt against its members by EFCC.
PDP had yesterday said its national publicity secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, had been under incessant and unnecessary attacks by those it called anti-PDP forces seeking to scare him off his statutory role as mouthpiece of the party. The former ruling party had been accusing the EFCC of bias against PDP members in its anticorruption campaign and challenging the commission to also beam its searchlight on APC chieftains, especially, those believed to have financed the party at the last elections.

PDP reiterated its allegations recently during a visit to the party’s national secretariat by leaders of its senate caucus in the 8th National Assembly led by the Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio. The acting national chairman of PDP, Chief Uche Secondus, drew the attention of Buhari to alleged one-sided arrests and prosecutions being conducted by EFCC.

However, the APC national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said yesterday that there was no justification for PDP’s allegations about a one-sided anticorruption campaign, dismissing the opposition party’s call for probe of APC leaders as cheap blackmail.

“Didn't the EFCC arrest Governor Murtala Nyako and other politicians who are members of the APC?” Mohammed wondered, stressing, “So I don't think the EFCC has been one-sided. There is no truth in what the PDP and the senators are saying. This is nothing but cheap blackmail.”

The APC spokesman said, “With what evidence will the EFCC go after Tinubu or Amaechi. What were they accused of? Why will they go after them if there are no petitions against them? If they have any evidence, let them show such evidence or petition against any of these people. They cannot just ask the EFCC to go after someone without concrete evidence of indictment against the person.”

On the allegation that EFCC was using scare tactics against Metuh for exposing wrong-doings of the ruling party, Mohammed said PDP was merely crying wolf. He said the APC government had no reason to persecute anyone on account of his or her political affiliation, adding, however, that no one can cheat or flout the law of the land and expect to hide under the cover of opposition party membership to evade justice.

“Why would he be complaining that someone is after him? As a matter of fact, no one is above the law and being in an opposition does not give anybody immunity from prosecution over corrupt practices,” APC spokesman said.
The statement yesterday signed by Metuh’s special assistant, Mr. Richard Ihediwa, alleged a coordinated assault by anti-PDP forces on the PDP spokesman for daring to speak out against the APC-led administration. But it said the opposition spokesman remained undaunted.

Ihediwa stated, “A credible intelligence information available to us has shown that apart from instigating some unsuspecting persons within our party to peddle lies and insults against Chief Metuh, there is a well-coordinated assault by anti-PDP forces who have engaged heavily paid consultants masquerading as writers and columnists, in addition to social media hirelings, some of who use pseudonyms to attack him for daring to speak out against the undemocratic actions and tendencies of the APC-led administration.”

Buhari had affirmed during an exclusive interview on July 21 with CNN's Christiane Amanpour that he will not cover up acts of corruption even among his party members, saying any of his associates found guilty of corruption will face the full weight of the law.

“If any of my associates or party members is indicted of corruption, they cannot escape justice. There is not going to be any APC member or any close personality found guilty that would escape justice,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-without-tangible-evidence-efcc-will-not-go-after-tinubu-amaechi/217002/
Tangible evidence?

APC will stop at nothing to amaze me.

What did they do with the tangible evidences against Nyarko and Timpre Sylva? Discharged and acquitted! But the 'tangible evidence against Lamido of PDP earned him prison detention sentence.

Lai Mohammed should keep quiet for we are watching.

To say ther are no tangible evidences against Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku, Fashola, Fayemi, Kwankwazo is like saying Nigeria is not part of West Africa.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by front247: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2015
Apc and pdp are corrupt. D only thing d masses will gain from d govt is for apc to fulfill thier campaign promises and d millions they recover should reflect on d lives of d citizens

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by 1miccza: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2015
Now that the talk is coming at them,they've remembered the word evidence all of a sudden,so with these huge tons of rubbish that we the masses can see from our lowly positions they can't investigate and come up with evidence because both of them belong to the ruling party right?? #yeyedeysmell

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2015
Full time show stopper for PMB corruption change movement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Twitter Recommendations To Affect Other Social Media Platforms / How Much Is Fuel Price In Your Location Currently? / Troops Clear Buried Improvised Explosive Devices Along Banki-Pulka Road(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.