Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa (23439 Views)

Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Bayelsa PDP Chairman, Tiimi Alaibe, 1,100 Other PDP Members Defect To APC / Buhari To Personally Welcome PDP Defectors In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by charlycharles(m): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Demdem:
No one respects Jonah-daft anylonger even in bayelsa let alone Nigeria.The evil men does speaks.......
with your mumu grammar u still dey insult vip... ordinary primary school u no finish. get a life.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
sbaks:
I need either a new southern and christian oriented party to combat this new islamic agenda called apc. If pdp is not capable, then may a new christian, and southern oriented party emerge in JESUS Name. AMEN. Politics in Nigeria is all about religion. #fact
Mr bigot,if we have to vote based on religion then we won't have Christian president in nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by lawnreigh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
kennydee05:
Vice President, Yemi Osibanjo is set to receive over seventy leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa State led by the former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Timi Alaibe to the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state.

Osinbanjo, according to the leadership of the APC, will receive the PDP defectors at a mega rally slated for Saturday 15th of August, 2015.

Among the PDP bigwigs set to dump the party include the immediate past Senator representing Bayelsa West Senatorila district, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri; ex-former Acting Governors Nestor Binabo and Werinipre Seibarugu, former Deputy Governor of Bayelsa, Peremobowei Ebebi, Senator John Brambaifa, Senator Clever Ikisipo and Ambassador Emmanuel Otiotio.

Also listed are the former House of Representatives member, Dr. Stella Dorgu, former NDDC board chairman, Prof. Tarila Tebepah, Rear Admiral FBI Porbeni (rtd.), the former Reps members – Christopher Enai, Warman Ogoriba, Bonus Indiamaowei, Nelson Belief, Nadu Karibo, former Secretary to the State Government, Chief Gideon Ekeowe and former Deputy Speaker, Fini Angaye.
Most of the latest defectors, it was learnt, decided to dump the PDP due to the influence and assurance from the former NDDC boss,Timi Alaibe.
Alaibe, according to informed sources, was instrumental to the defection of some former commissioners in the state.

Confirming the decision of the former PDP leaders to defect to APC, Chief Alex Ekiotenne, former Honorary Adviser to Governor Seriake Dickson, said the defectors also comprised Chief Hings Dumbo, Selebina Saboh, Prince Abeki, Mrs. Tonye Apreala, Miebi Biribina (philanthropist), and many former special advisers and Governor representatives, among others.

He said the defectors would formally declare for the APC at a mega rally on Saturday, August 15, 2015, in the state.

The defectors would be received by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, National Chairman, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, five governors, former Governor Timipre Sylva and top stalwarts of the party including its Chairman, Chief Tiwei Orunimighe,” he said.

The PDP family in the state it would be recalled had been enmeshed in crisis since it conducted its last primary elections for the state and National Assembly polls.

The development had led to divisions, infighting, suspensions, expulsions and defections of of its members.

Also, efforts by former President Goodluck Jonathan, the party’s Board of Trustees and critical stakeholders to resolve the crisis in the PDP had yet to achieve the desired results.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/osinbajo-to-receive-alaibe-69-other-pdp-defectors-in-bayelsa/
Tiwei(APC Chairman Bayelsa State) my man, really loved by the people of Southern Ijaw LGA and Bayelsa in general, the guy is so charismatic and has the qualities of a good leader, I really enjoyed every moment we worked together in the last general election and the way he plays his politics in the face of stiff opposition from GEJ and co when they were in power, just the way he frustrated & intimidated founding members of Bayelsa APC. I'm really missing Niger Delta region but I pray APC win the governorship election cod Bayelsan are tired of Dickson but APC was more of a poison I'in the ear of an Ijaw man then but they are now embracing change, so. Sad GEJ has no political foothold in BY just like he didn't have at national level

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by bobo9ice: 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
icedbreez:
If the APC wins Bayelsa State which seems likely now, it would be because of the unpopular governor dickson. not because of PDP or GEJ, I should know what am talking about because am on ground.

Hello please do you know where they call AGBERE TOWN in Bayelsa?... I need info about the place pls.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Benzzle: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
GenBloodykiIler:

can you compare her with your mother? in all aspects
Bros Wetin carry beremx mother enter this talk na

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Benzzle: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
sbaks:
I need either a new southern and christian oriented party to combat this new islamic agenda called apc. If pdp is not capable, then may a new christian, and southern oriented party emerge in JESUS Name. AMEN. Politics in Nigeria is all about religion. #fact
why did you choose to be a religious and tribalic bigot
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by precious1967(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
these apc members are yet to learn their lessons from senate president and house of rep. speaker. traitors
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by lawnreigh(m): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
bobo9ice:

Hello please do you know where they call AGBERE TOWN in Bayelsa?... I need info about the place pls.
Offcourse you are on point because Dickson really underperformed and created a lot of controversies and it doesn't take it away from the fact dat GEJ has no political base in Bayelsa, the only reason Bayelsans voted him was because he was an Ijaw man not because he performed or they benefitted anything from his govt Wh u & I know, except for enriching the corrupt few militant and politicians, he doesn't command any reasonable following in Bayelsa when compared to Alameiseigha sef talkless of people like Sylva and co but they had no option than to support him because he was there brother & he doesn't really have loyalist in BY, Why is APC gaining ground more & more less than 6 months that he left office? That APC moment u in By is like a storm

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by bobo9ice: 1:00am On Aug 10, 2015
lawnreigh:
Offcourse you are on point because Dickson really underperformed and created a lot of controversies and it doesn't take it away from the fact dat GEJ has no political base in Bayelsa, the only reason Bayelsans voted him was because he was an Ijaw man not because he performed or they benefitted anything from his govt Wh u & I know, except for enriching the corrupt few militant and politicians, he doesn't command any reasonable following in Bayelsa when compared to Alameiseigha sef talkless of people like Sylva and co but they had no option than to support him because he was there brother & he doesn't really have loyalist in BY, Why is APC gaining ground more & more less than 6 months that he left office? That APC moment u in By is like a storm

Yeah I got ur point. I am just asking about Agbere Town in Bayelsa. My late Mum came from there and I am planing visiting. Tot you cud provide me with some info privately. Thanks
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by IJKLMNOP: 5:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Check my signature for this important info.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Demdem(m): 5:35am On Aug 10, 2015
charlycharles:

with your mumu grammar u still dey insult vip... ordinary primary school u no finish. get a life.

Goon, what does my grammar has to do with issue at stake here. Why not go to the appropriate section if u are looking for good grammar. U sound daft.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by jokayos: 6:29am On Aug 10, 2015
This is too bad for our politics. May God help Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by publicfigure: 7:01am On Aug 10, 2015
SHEEPS IN WOLF CLOTHINGS. THEY ARE WORSE THAN THEIR REMAINS IN PDP. POSTERITY WILL TELL. LETS BE PATIENT N WATCH.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by GenBloodykiIler: 7:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Benzzle:
Bros Why do my mother loves forking dogs

hmmm i don't know ooo.

man you're are playing a dirty game and you want to drag Beremx into it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Blizzy9ja: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2015
Dats how they wer jumping and running around in Rivers state but the question now is "how far?".... Bayelsa is PDP and will remain PDP... I don't care who jumps or switch the old woman in the creek knows the umbrella and nothing more
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by 989900: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Good for APC.

Bad for PDP.

The people will pay the price without a strong opposition.

We need a strong sensible (not wailers) opposition to keep APC on it's toes.

Verdict: This is 'ugly' news
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by northconfusion: 8:30am On Aug 10, 2015
GenBloodykiIler:

Northconfusion, so you are the one who bleeped my mother under pick-up in a motor park that give birth to me. cheesy

Of course. Na today you know?
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by GenBloodykiIler: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2015
northconfusion:

Of course. am a product of dog's sperm cheesy
i know cheesy
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Tclassic(m): 9:16am On Aug 10, 2015
Now that mama peace is support apc candidate, i wont be suprise if i hear that she also decamp to APc.........this is politic, anything can happen.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by lawnreigh(m): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2015
bobo9ice:

Yeah I got ur point. I am just asking about Agbere Town in Bayelsa. My late Mum came from there and I am planing visiting. Tot you cud provide me with some info privately. Thanks
yeah agbere is under Sagbama LGA and if u are coming from Lagos you can board a bus from Lagos(East West road through Warri, Ughelli) down to Bayelsa, it's on upland not riverine & you will get to Sagbama b4 the bus final destination, as soon as you climb Patani bridge(it links delta & bayelsa) tell the driver you are dropping at Sagbama they will drop you there, I've not been there b4 but I've been to Sagbama Uplands Wh is the area the community is located but if you ask the people in Sagbama they will direct you on how to get to the exact community from there.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Hypertekhomeboy(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2015
I can't buh laugh whenever I read about our politicians in naija. I went through the list of these defectors, they are all " former this" , "former that" . I can conclude that they can't wait for another four years because they won't have other means of feeding. So this informs their decision to decamp. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by simpleseyi: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2015
South West played opposition for 16 years under PDP unfortunate rule. Parade has now changed hands, South-East and South-South cannot play opposition even for just 3 months, abi this government don reach 3 months? Who says the South West is not sophisticated?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by stynhaq(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Apparently, Alaibe intends to takeover Governorship position from Dickson.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2015
darelar:
I believe this election will be tough. Even some people's from Sagbama don't want Dickson back in second term. Exept pdp find another credible candidate, we're tired of them.

Well never wanted Dickinson, but was forced upon us just to remove sylva. Can u believe there's still no Electricity in Sagbama, the Governors home?

It's either PDP remove Dickson or they lose the election.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2015
lawnreigh:
yeah agbere is under Sagbama LGA and if u are coming from Lagos you can board a bus from Lagos(East West road through Warri, Ughelli) down to Bayelsa, it's on upland not riverine & you will get to Sagbama b4 the bus final destination, as soon as you climb Patani bridge(it links delta & bayelsa) tell the driver you are dropping at Sagbama they will drop you there, I've not been there b4 but I've been to Sagbama Uplands Wh is the area the community is located but if you ask the people in Sagbama they will direct you on how to get to the exact community from there.

Its best he takes Through Odi. Stop at Odi and take a cab or bike from there.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Objektive: 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
TIMI ALAIBE? NDDC CRIMINALS? KEEP ACCEPTING MORE THIEVES INTO APC, I WONDER WHO YOU WILL PROBE.........................
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Objektive: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
LET THE FRAUD BEGIN

APC PARTY OF LIARS

https://www.nairaland.com/2271861/apc-shuts-doors-against-pdp

MOUTH ACTION AND PROPAGANDA

SAI BABAONCHANCE FOR EVER.
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by bobo9ice: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
lawnreigh:

Thank you kindly. I appreciate .
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Goke7: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
simpleseyi:
South West played opposition for 16 years under PDP unfortunate rule. Parade has now changed hands, South-East and South-South cannot play opposition even for just 3 months, abi this government don reach 3 months? Who says the South West is not sophisticated?

The opposition SS/SE know is to ask for appointments and cry about marginalization!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
GEJ go soon decamp the way things are going
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by lawnreigh(m): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
bobo9ice:

Thank you kindly. I appreciate .
Welcome brother
Re: Osinbajo To Receive Alaibe, 69 Other PDP Defectors In Bayelsa by icedbreez(m): 4:11am On Aug 11, 2015
YES

bobo9ice:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#FathersDay: Emir Sanusi's 11 Children. Monarch Shares Pic To Mark Father’s Day / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 71st Birthday Today / FG's Lawyers ‘clash’ During Onnoghen’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.