Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH (29071 Views)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University / Lecturer Who Demands Sex For Higher Grades Risks 5 Years Jail Term–senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:23am On Aug 10, 2015
Authorities of the University of Lagos on Sunday disowned the randy lecturer, Dr. Akin Baruwa, who reportedly raped an 18-year-old admission seeker.

Baruwa allegedly raped the young girl (name withheld), who is seeking admission to the university, in his office on July 23, 2015.

The lecturer, currently in detention at the Kirikiri Prison, was arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, on Thursday.

But speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, the Head, Information Unit of the university, Mr. Olagoke Oke, said Baruwa was not an employee of the institution.

According to him, no such name exists on the university’s employee list whether teaching or non-teaching.

He added, “The said Dr. Baruwa is a not a member of staff of the university, whether teaching or non-teaching. He also does not belong to the part-time or full-time teaching staff of the school. His name is not on the master list of workers of the university. I have checked the staff list using his full name and initials and could not come up with any such name as of Friday, August 6, 2015.

“I have also checked the list of office accommodation given to members of staff of the university and his name is not there. There is no office allocation attached to such a name. How he reportedly entered the said office where the crime took place is what we are looking into as an institution.

“While we sympathise with the alleged victim, we are ready to cooperate with every agency of government to get to the root of the matter as soon as possible. As an institution, we do not support any act of violence, not even against women. Therefore, we will help to ensure that the case comes to a logical conclusion.”

Meanwhile, as the authorities disowned the lecturer, some students, in the Faculty of Business Administration, who craved anonymity for fear of victimisation, claimed that the suspect was a part-time lecturer of the accounting department of the university.

One of them said, “I know him as a part-time lecturer in the accounting department. I wonder what the university wants to achieve now by trying to disown him.”

The Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration, Prof. Rasheed Ojikutu, could not be reached as of 6pm on Sunday.

Baruwa, who the police in Lagos arrested on August 3, reportedly confessed to the act but claimed that the sex was by mutual consent.

http://www.punchng.com/news/unilag-disowns-lecturer-who-raped-admission-seeker/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by figoperch: 2:29am On Aug 10, 2015
Sure. Before nko?

Introvert, Na so i take perch here before u. shocked

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by boombay(m): 2:31am On Aug 10, 2015
what a pity! unilag should admit the lady with or without post utme exam! grin

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by chocolateme(f): 2:36am On Aug 10, 2015
That's the first step.
Second step is for family to disown him.
Followed by village and kinsmen.
Even church self just that at the end God is the true merciful one if truly he has a genuine repentance.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Christonjnr(m): 2:57am On Aug 10, 2015
Unilag disowning lecturers.
They want to disengaged themselves in the mess tho?

Unilag lecturers are rapist.simple!!!

40 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 10, 2015
And he has an office in the same university?! ........................

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Honestly, I won't believe this rape case until proven in a court of law.

NAIJA girls are "deadlier" than snakes even a 16yrs old.

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by scribble: 3:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Assistant lecturer

What a joke
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by dairogus: 3:14am On Aug 10, 2015
its era of anytin can happen.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Cutehector(m): 3:19am On Aug 10, 2015
Lmao... Soon d man pastor go yarn say him no be their member.....

Unilag don quick press ctrl del for the man file in their server

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by buskie13(m): 3:19am On Aug 10, 2015
disgrace to himself,career,family n to himself once again...beast in human form

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by otabuko(m): 3:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Good move.... Who no go deny am for that shameful act?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by baby124: 3:42am On Aug 10, 2015
It is only when it's too late they take action. I am sure there are many lecturer's who have complaints against them but nothing is done. Unilag head of department should be sued to court and so should the university. Especially if this man had complaints against him in the past. He is their representative so they cannot distance themselves from his actions because they aid and abet such things. The school should be made to pay that girl for pain and suffering and the leadership should face investigation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by kennyman2000(m): 4:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jaybee3(m): 5:41am On Aug 10, 2015
chocolateme:
That's the first step.
Second step is for family to disown him.
Followed by village and kinsmen.
Even church self just that at the end God is the true merciful one if truly he has a genuine repentance.

Una go fear sequential order

Lwkmd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jaybee3(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Honestly, I won't believe this rape case until proven in a court of law.

NAIJA girls are "deadlier" than snakes even a 16yrs old.

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry

What on earth are you saying and why are you trying to justify something as bad as that even if it's still an allegation

Should a 40+ man be taking advantage of an 18 year old girl?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Should a 40+ man be taking advantage of an 18 year old girl?
You sound as if you are a trader or from another planet. I say this because if you paSsed through a Nigerian university, you will know that small girls of 16yrs date Aristos of 70yrs and are very proud to talk about it.

Rape is bad but until proven, you can never tell.

49 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jaybee3(m): 5:59am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
You sound as if you are a trader or from another planet. I say this because if you paSsed through a Nigerian university, you will know that small girls of 16yrs date Aristos of 70yrs and are very proud to talk about it.

Rape is bad but until proven, you can never tell.
Does that make it right that they are being taken advantage of due to obvious reasons such as desperation as a direct result of deprivation they may have experienced whilst growing up?

Under no circumstances should a lecturer be getting involved with sleeping with students. That's breach of trust and gross misuse of their position

What is wrong is simply wrong and you should never sugarcoat it.

31 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 10, 2015
[size=14]Some specific set of people in this country is always striving soo hard in giving us bad name. God pass all of una.

But wait o, if his name is not in unilag staff list, they should check LASU own na grin [/size]

I didn't call names shaa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Abbycite(m): 6:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmn....fear of litigation.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 10, 2015
Can any Unilag Accounting student/alumnus confirm he is not a lecturer?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Saw it coming. Who wants to associate with this kind of disgrace?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by GreenUzzy(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Good!
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by mysteriousman(m): 6:34am On Aug 10, 2015
Bottom line is that the man must face the music for what he has done
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Larynx(m): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2015
Na because say na junior lecturer.... If to say na one professor e happen to... Dem go say na the girl seduce him... Mtchewwwwww... Iranu Abasha

11 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by acunon: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Nice move
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Gwan2(m): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2015
That awkward moment wen ur Mama go say no be she born you wen ur faced wit criminal charges in d court..wen d resemblance she hav wit you is so glaring.
Worst still, is promising d court to help them in dia search for ur true maternity... grin

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jidxin(m): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2015
liar
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Georgekyrian(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2015
Better
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by tmtech: 7:01am On Aug 10, 2015
rubbish....so he had access to an office without being a staff, meaning anybody can now pose as a lecturer in unilag... for dos supporting d claim of dis reckless man, just kno its not abt d rape but also abt betrayal of trust..... I suggest dey investigate dis man's family, perhaps he sleeps wif his daughters too, cos if dis admission seeker could seduce him so easily den his daughters don't stand a chance .....
I don't care if it was concensual or not, d man was opportunistic... sex dis days respects no age or class

6 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by NifemiOlu(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2015
Good
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Oyetboy(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2015
chai see how Konji ruined his livelihood tongue , and na person papa be this ooo

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Hostel At Medical School Idi Araba (LUTH) - Pictures / Offhand Or Offhead Which Is Correct / Universities To Reopen In January 2021 - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.