Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH (29084 Views)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University / Lecturer Who Demands Sex For Higher Grades Risks 5 Years Jail Term–senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by MrCounselor: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2015
berra be, an he-goat.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Shwarz: 8:47am On Aug 10, 2015
I am 1000% sure he didnt rape her and it was very very consensual. Not that i support rape but what happened to that girl wasnt rape.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by koredeolanrewaju(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2015
It's not a new thing. Most of the lecturers are like that. Once they set eyes on freshers, they find all means to basun(rape)...I had seen a lot of such drama...if u refuse to, u will hear, I will make sure u av carry over. Unto waiting nah?...ma advise is that parents shud train their daughters well in termz of proper dressing...avoid dress to kill..
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by dfrost: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2015
shegspearl:

bro... that one done happen already. the wife helped the husband to rape their only daughter

Lò bá tòn cry angry

Imagine how the child would view humans.That all of us are wicked. Evil that men do.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by DWJOBScom(m): 8:56am On Aug 10, 2015
chocolateme:
That's the first step.
Second step is for family to disown him.
Followed by village and kinsmen.
Even church self just that at the end God is the true merciful one if truly he has a genuine repentance.

You couldn't have said any better!

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by philipobiz: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Honestly, I won't believe this rape case until proven in a court of law.

NAIJA girls are "deadlier" than snakes even a 16yrs old.

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry
Some girls are evil does not mean this one is evil. Or are you in support of rape?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by OhMyGawd: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2015
The 'lecturer' wan put sand sand for the school's gari, dem disown am sharp sharp grin

But UNILAG, how come the mr. not-lecturer get to have an office in your school where the rape occurred?

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by dckng16(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2015
DrWise:
Can any Unilag Accounting student/alumnus confirm he is not a lecturer?
I know him very well, he supervises and invigilates Unilag DLI Exams. Why are they disowning him now. Nah Wa O.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by itzemar(m): 9:40am On Aug 10, 2015
in all sincerity, I've wondered why we Nigerians are jumping into conclusion that the girl was raped when the man has not been proven guilty. have we ever wondered of the possibility of the girl setting the man up when she discovered the man could not help her after giving the man free sex? Sometimes, I just think why there was no cctv camera that recorded what really happened there. I'M NOT SAYING RAPE IS A GOOD THING o. but let's think on the other side of the coin. IF THE MAN HAD COME OUT FIRST TO CLAIM THAT THE GIRL WAS SEDUCING HIM, WOULD WE HAVE REACTED THIS SAME WAY as Nigerians, let's act with objectivity and stop being biased. . . #GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Does that make it right that they are being taken advantage of due to obvious reasons such as desperation as a direct result of deprivation they may have experienced whilst growing up?

Under no circumstances should a lecturer be getting involved with sleeping with students. That's breach of trust and gross misuse of their position

What is wrong is simply wrong and you should never sugarcoat it.

Baba jaybee your anger is in place, rape is bad. But my brother look again, did you read the original story? I.e both the girls and the supposed victims account? Now morally a married man sleeping with any one else aside the wife is wrong.

But the law is not a religeous code. The said girl is an admission seeker, and from the look of things she was looking for an "arrangee" admission ( notice the DAD took her to his friend for help?) Why not write your exams and if you deserve it you are admitted.

It is possible that under this "arrangee" the girl might have thought it wise to offer sex to her benefactor, who might have hinted at it. So consent established,and they had sex.

Notice she didn't scream, there was no fight ( rape normally goes with physical violence in most cases), the girl didn't hint at been drugged either.

Getting home checked herself, probably noticed one or two things were amiss and then panicked. It would be shameful to tell her parents I "had sex" with Mr X. So she plays the victim card as most women are wired to do and claims rape.

So my brother jaybee our views might differ, so I offer you mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by kingdenny(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2015
Reading by comments here I have come to conclusion that so many people do not know the full definition of rape.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Touchforfree(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:
what a pity!
unilag should admit the lady with or without post utme exam!
grin

Admit keh ?.

Some other gurls will take being raped as an option of being admitted and thence push theirselves to d lecturers for them to be raped.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2015
I wonder what took unilag this long to take this step. They don't need the bad publicity and they need to protect their image.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
HAZAZEL:

Baba jaybee your anger is in place, rape is bad. But my brother look again, did you read the original story? I.e both the girls and the supposed victims account? Now morally a married man sleeping with any one else aside the wife is wrong.

But the law is not a religeous code. The said girl is an admission seeker, and from the look of things she was looking for an "arrangee" admission ( notice the DAD took her to his friend for help?) Why not write your exams and if you deserve it you are admitted.

It is possible that under this "arrangee" the girl might have thought it wise to offer sex to her benefactor, who might have hinted at it. So consent established,and they had sex.

Notice she didn't scream, there was no fight ( rape normally goes with physical violence in most cases), the girl didn't hint at been drugged either.

Getting home checked herself, probably noticed one or two things were amiss and then panicked. It would be shameful to tell her parents I "had sex" with Mr X. So she plays the victim card as most women are wired to do and claims rape.

You must be a detective. Your view is just a theory which may or may not be what actually happened.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
halfrica:

Preach!!!!
I feel wen ever d truth bou rape shd surface again and it withs adults claiming rape again i say adults before one bastarddd wee quote me i say adults for the very last time adults
They shd purnish both male and females trust me ladies wee sit up ryt and protect thmeselves
Cos its only d male dats been purnished
And dats wat i call feminism
A socio-economic and political equalities between d sexes wah da fuccckkk do feminism want just girl power?
Wen dey themselves gave it a meaning
Thats equality of d sexes grin
most feminist confuse pass transgenders
When a female is caught lyin bou rape shd be purnished as well

Halfrica, you sound like a guy: most girls won't say what you have just said. However, you said the right thing. A girl can wake-up after you both had a great time, walk into a police station and cry rape.

10mins later an army of people calling for your cast ration has gathered, and not minding the jail term hanging on your head.

Amid the drama and embarrassment you manage to clear your name. What about your accuser? Well she goes scot free, while you bear the burden and publicity of an ex-accused-rapist.

And that is the gospel of gender equality.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2015
This so called Oke must be very very sick. Even another victim has complained out and even presented a letter she wrote to her Unit governor reporting the man. Then the victim should sue University of Lagos for providing a facility for a rapist. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 10:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Margauxluv:
Exploitation. a close assessment of activities in schs have revealed dat students Are made to suffer undue amount of exploitation by stakeholders in schs in the name of enrollment fees and assurance of admission... wih d collaboration of the ministry officials Who r supos to inspect nd monitor activities in schs to ensure standard compliance.
All dis lead to lowering of academic abilities of our students. wicked lecturer.

My sister, judging from your post, you probably left school some 8 years back. Reason: this days it is female students that are quick to offer sex and male students quick to offer cash to have there way. If you have any young one in any university especially federal, they will echo with me. In fact beginning of semester guys are already asking if a course is. "BLOCKABLE".

Not all students though I might add. But a frighteningly large cut.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by oloyede252(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
baby124:
It is only when it's too late they take action. I am sure there are many lecturer's who have complaints against them but nothing is done. Unilag head of department should be sued to court and so should the university. Especially if this man had complaints against him in the past. He is their representative so they cannot distance themselves from his actions because they aid and abet such things. The school should be made to pay that girl for pain and suffering and the leadership should face investigation.
lwkmd....sue unilag for what,when the said lecturer is not part of the school staff list........you should have said they should sue your father not the hod.

and the school would be made to pay what exactly?that the girl could not rely on her brain but seek lecturer assistance to get admission....

ode oshi
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by TradeNation: 10:36am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Honestly, I won't believe this rape case until proven in a court of law.

NAIJA girls are "deadlier" than snakes even a 16yrs old.

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry

I agree with you, what i have a problem with is even if the girl came unto him, he should have turned it down, Haba he is old enough to be her father, i dont care if the girl was walking naked in his office, turn her down, carry your konji go meet an older person!!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2015
E be like sey the babe wan enter Unilag by fire by force.

E be like sey Unilag just burst her bubble.

This reminds me of what Professor Odesanmi my Pathology lecturer and renowned Forensic expert said: most times only the lady determines consensual sex...even if she asked for it & you both enjoyed it then she says something else tomorrow you are most likely gonna be in trouble....as is d case with this man.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jaybee3(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2015
HAZAZEL:

No one has a right to pronounce anyone guilty since we are privy to forensic details to validate her claim and I haven’t even gone on about screaming rape on this thread.
I’m just incensed that someone of his standing will engage in such regardless of it being consensual or not. There are some things you just don’t do as a man.
You should never take advantage of someone else just because you are opportune to be in a position of authority

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Are you done hyperventilating over a simple issue that your idiotic brain is failing to grab?

A lecturer should never be in the position of engaging in consensual relationship their students as it's clearly conflict of interest and I'm pretty sure it's clearly/boldly written in their code of conduct booklet

The girl is not a student. Not yet. A prospective student. Your arguments stem from morality not legality as hedonistic has tried to point out.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

No one has a right to pronounce anyone guilty since we are privy to forensic details to validate her claim and I haven’t even gone on about screaming rape on this thread.
I’m just incensed that someone of his standing will engage in such regardless of it being consensual or not. There are some things you just don’t do as a man.
You should never take advantage of someone else just because you are opportune to be in a position of authority

Lol, here you go with the morality issue again. Take advantage of? Life is a trade, and we all bargain from our points of strength. Women try to use sex appeal to get there way, are the men taken advantage of? A man uses his money and authority to have his way in just the same way.

The question my brother is : did you give your CONSENT to the bargain? It yes, then its business.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2015
HAZAZEL:

My sister, judging from your post, you probably left school some 8 years back. Reason: this days it is female students that are quick to offer sex and male students quick to offer cash to have there way. If you have any young one in any university especially federal, they will echo with me. In fact beginning of semester guys are already asking if a course is. "BLOCKABLE".

Oh boy Lecturers dey groove be that oh! No wonder so many peeps no fit defend their 2.1
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Margauxluv(f): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2015
HAZAZEL:

mmmm. m Still in school well dats true buh dnt u fink schs curriculum shd b tough enough in both side students/lectures in order to mitigate corruption nd indiscipline in school s. Really in my School its quite common na God go save Nigeria. smh
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jennyswt(f): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2015
bayumyguy:
I finished from university of lagos (DLI)i knew this lecturer very very well atleast he said supervise exams on two or three occassion,so i don,t why unilag dey deny dis man oooo
Dem de deny am cos he de dent their image

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Lekan111(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Maybe the man is a trader(pure water/puff puff seller) but he has office this denial of a thing is not Good even when a student die in school they will say they don't him/her or he/has been withdraw

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by HAZAZEL: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Margauxluv:

mmmm. m Still in school well dats true buh dnt u fink schs curriculum shd b tough enough in both side students/lectures in order to mitigate corruption nd indiscipline in school s. Really in my School its quite common na God go save Nigeria. smh

You know why its a problem to you? Because its not benefitting you. People feed off corruption, train their kids with it, take there familes on vacation with it etc. Kids with cash have finally seen a way to succeed without hard-work, well endowed ladies can have pleasurable sex with more than one lecturer ( there BF aside), sleep in exotic hotels and still make a B. They eat there cake and still keep it.

The world is what it is.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by bigerboy200: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Ifyjuli25:
u watched d show? undecided u watched d show?
Which kain Jamb question b dis naaa.. U for kuku ask am to upload a video of d show... grin grin
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by orcc(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2015
unilag to sharp

check me out, my beta people. click below
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by baby124: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
oloyede252:

lwkmd....sue unilag for what,when the said lecturer is not part of the school staff list........you should have said they should sue your father not the hod.

and the school would be made to pay what exactly?that the girl could not rely on her brain but seek lecturer assistance to get admission....

ode oshi
Product of unilag? See your comment. Your mother is the ode oshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science / Who Else Did This? / Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.