Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH (29256 Views)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University / Lecturer Who Demands Sex For Higher Grades Risks 5 Years Jail Term–senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by kenedy175(m): 7:02am On Aug 10, 2015
On behalf of NL men, I disown him.

Morning my people

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by lifezone247(m): 7:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Larynx:
Na because say na junior lecturer.... If to say na one professor e happen to... Dem go say na the girl seduce him... Mtchewwwwww... Iranu Abasha
I'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by supereagle(m): 7:04am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:
what a pity!
unilag should admit the lady with or without post utme exam!
grin
You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
Authorities of the University of Lagos on Sunday disowned the randy lecturer, Dr. Akin Baruwa, who reportedly raped an 18-year-old admission seeker.

Baruwa allegedly raped the young girl (name withheld), who is seeking admission to the university, in his office on July 23, 2015.

The lecturer, currently in detention at the Kirikiri Prison, was arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, on Thursday.

But speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, the Head, Information Unit of the university, Mr. Olagoke Oke, said Baruwa was not an employee of the institution.

According to him, no such name exists on the university’s employee list whether teaching or non-teaching.

He added, “The said Dr. Baruwa is a not a member of staff of the university, whether teaching or non-teaching. He also does not belong to the part-time or full-time teaching staff of the school. His name is not on the master list of workers of the university. I have checked the staff list using his full name and initials and could not come up with any such name as of Friday, August 6, 2015.

“I have also checked the list of office accommodation given to members of staff of the university and his name is not there. There is no office allocation attached to such a name. How he reportedly entered the said office where the crime took place is what we are looking into as an institution.

“While we sympathise with the alleged victim, we are ready to cooperate with every agency of government to get to the root of the matter as soon as possible. As an institution, we do not support any act of violence, not even against women. Therefore, we will help to ensure that the case comes to a logical conclusion.”

Meanwhile, as the authorities disowned the lecturer, some students, in the Faculty of Business Administration, who craved anonymity for fear of victimisation, claimed that the suspect was a part-time lecturer of the accounting department of the university.

One of them said, “I know him as a part-time lecturer in the accounting department. I wonder what the university wants to achieve now by trying to disown him.”

The Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration, Prof. Rasheed Ojikutu, could not be reached as of 6pm on Sunday.

Baruwa, who the police in Lagos arrested on August 3, reportedly confessed to the act but claimed that the sex was by mutual consent.

http://www.punchng.com/news/unilag-disowns-lecturer-who-raped-admission-seeker/

Cc:Lalasticlala
ahhhhhh....iz a lie. No be una employ the guy?. I just hope every other lecturer like him would be exposed too.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2015
The wife will soon disown him too.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:
what a pity! unilag should admit the lady with or without post utme exam! grin
lol...every admission seeker will form rape victims

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Ifyjuli25(f): 7:12am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Honestly, I won't believe this rape case until proven in a court of law.

NAIJA girls are "deadlier" than snakes even a 16yrs old.

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry
u watched d show? undecided
IdiAmin1:

I have a close friend who was once set up for rape by a girl after they had a good session in bed.

I was surprised to hear that because as mischievous undergraduates, we gave ourselves view of such actions of which the guy did. We watched the whole action from the first minute to the end but if you see the way that girl was telling the story and crying, one would easily believe her. Some girls are evil so guys beware. angry
u watched d show?

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by signz: 7:12am On Aug 10, 2015
History has shown that nothing brings a man down faster than not being able to control Mr JT. Whether he's guilty of rape or not this man has lost his job and no serious institution will employ him again.

God have mercy

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 10, 2015
now dat unilag has disowned him, d investigation will b twisted and longer. d whole thing don turn season film.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by tobex23(m): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2015
DrWise:
Can any Unilag Accounting student/alumnus confirm he is not a lecturer?

no one lectures by that name in my dept... I am in dept of accounting...
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:14am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:
Yes! They should
Or face court case
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Pain(m): 7:14am On Aug 10, 2015
We the Association of Nigerian Men (ANM) hereby disown Dr Akin Baruwa.
No such name exists on our membership list either married or unmarried.

Signed Chairman

Regards

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by neocortex: 7:16am On Aug 10, 2015
tobex23:

no one lectures by that name in my dept... I am in dept of accounting...

You don disown him too ?
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Margauxluv(f): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2015
Exploitation. a close assessment of activities in schs have revealed dat students Are made to suffer undue amount of exploitation by stakeholders in schs in the name of enrollment fees and assurance of admission... wih d collaboration of the ministry officials Who r supos to inspect nd monitor activities in schs to ensure standard compliance.
All dis lead to lowering of academic abilities of our students. wicked lecturer.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by spinna: 7:17am On Aug 10, 2015
UNILAG was informed of this man's ways and did nothing according to the 2nd girl,that's why they are now denying him because in some other countries they will be sued for negligence and make that girl very rich...just like synagogue that lagos state says had no building permit yet they were watching them build

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Juxtified(m): 7:18am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:
what a pity!
unilag should admit the lady with or without post utme exam!
grin
Life's not that easy.
That she was raped (i feel for her ) does not make her more eligible for admission than all other thousands out there.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

What on earth are you saying and why are you trying to justify something as bad as that even if it's still an allegation

Should a 40+ man be taking advantage of an 18 year old girl?
an 18yr old isnt too young especially now dat our lawmakers av turned d legal age for sexx to 11...

tho,rape or no rape d man has done a thing of shame dat is morally unacceptable.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by queridasally(f): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:

lmao! This is hilarious man.... this is a dog eat dog situation i suppose, You guys were peeping at them romping? Oh lol, its sort of balanced to me, you guys got to watch and she got to lie cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by desmondDessi(m): 7:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Lolz.....good for him.
If it was Uniben....them for say HE IS NOT A LECTURER HERE...... deny you once.
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Toks2008(m): 7:22am On Aug 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Very true.

Theree is this 17year old neighbor of mine that is wiser than herself and has the curve of a 25yeear old.

She will comee to my apartment to charhe her phones wearing crazy stuffs but thee fact that she is 17 will never ever make me go an inch closee yet i know she is already doing the thing and has boyfriends but if i eeveer go close i blieve i will be a scaape goat as the whole world will start shouting Habba,im wicked o,sleepiing with a minor forgetting that the minor has been taking other major sticks.

though i do not support illicit sex but if a guy must 1 will advice guys to keep a hidden audio tape around and vividly ask for the consent of any lady so that at the end shee wont claim rape

Somethings dont makee sns walahi

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by dfrost: 7:25am On Aug 10, 2015
modelmike7:
And he has an office in the same university?! ........................

Exactly my thoughts. One of these days, we will wake up to hear that a man has molested his daughter and the mother will support the father, saying that the little child is hallucinating. May God safeguard us from the evil thoughts of wicked men.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Juxtified(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2015
justified19:
an 18yr old isnt too young especially now dat our lawmakers av turned d legal age for sexx to 11...

tho,rape or no rape d man has done a thing of shame dat is morally unacceptable.
My brother from another mother, i salute u!
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Bisisco123(m): 7:27am On Aug 10, 2015
boombay:

Lol
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Ijeuwa2(m): 7:28am On Aug 10, 2015
NifemiOlu:
Good
some gals are very deadly, I don't tink its a rape cos sumtin must av lead to sumtin. investigation will tell it all. bad gals every were since 19th BC.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by christinie(f): 7:29am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Does that make it right that they are being taken advantage of due to obvious reasons such as desperation as a direct result of deprivation they may have experienced whilst growing up?

Under no circumstances should a lecturer be getting involved with sleeping with students. That's breach of trust and gross misuse of their position

What is wrong is simply wrong and you should never sugarcoat it.

you sound so smart.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by hedonistic: 7:29am On Aug 10, 2015
jaybee3:

What on earth are you saying and why are you trying to justify something as bad as that even if it's still an allegation

Should a 40+ man be taking advantage of an 18 year old girl?

Mr Man, an 18 year old is a full-fledged adult legally speaking, and she can sleep with a 90 year old man if she likes. There's nothing illegal there. Let's face the core issue at hand - was it or was it not rape? Was the sex consensual or not? Forget all these moralistic and hypocritical talk about taking advantage. We're not talking about a minor here.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by nobul(m): 7:32am On Aug 10, 2015
Onibombe
Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by hedonistic: 7:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Ijeuwa2:
some gals are very deadly, I don't tink its a rape cos sumtin must av lead to sumtin. investigation will tell it all. bad gals every were since 19th BC.

It certainly wasn't rape. The sex was consensual. In my opinion, the girl was disappointed that the admission didn't work out (meaning that she "wasted" the sex for nothing). Added to the so-called abdominal pains she was experiencing afterwards, which her parents might find out... So she desperately resorted to nailing the man with a rape claim.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by jaybee3(m): 7:36am On Aug 10, 2015
hedonistic:

Mr Man, an 18 year old is a full-fledged adult legally speaking, and she can sleep with a 90 year old man if she likes. There's nothing illegal there. Let's face the core issue at hand - was it or was it not rape? Was the sex consensual or not? Forget all these moralistic and hypocritical talk about taking advantage. We're not talking about a minor here.
Engage your brain dude, why was the act perpetrated in his office if he wasn't trying to take advantage if his position of authority.

Even if it was consensual it had still be morally wrong knowing fully well she was desperate to enter unilag

It's just like justifying accepting bribe just because it was offered

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by meelorlah(f): 7:36am On Aug 10, 2015
Consensual or not consensual,d man bleeped up big time.... that she's your friend's daughter under your care is enough reason to get hold of yourself... Y won't unilag disown him? If they dont,they could be sued for negligence. Enjoy your stay in kirikiri Mr lecturer

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by pofolo(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2015
Unilag just doing damage control.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Disowns Lecturer Who Raped Admission Seeker - PUNCH by Atonto: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2015
Two things must be here...
1st, the girl (victim) family must be rich.
Secondly, God is surely on the girl side to have brought this into the open....

I just pity all those past victims of rape abuse without God and Rich family....
The lecturer would av finished the Azonto dance on top of em with shokki and nothing go happen...
Let the Ashawo, agbaya, and oloju komu kolo rot in jail.

Bad to be poor without God...bad! bad!! bad!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snepco 2016 candidates. Discussion room / Things You Don't Know About Some Animals / Who Else Did This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.