Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Seeing Beyond Political Views - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seeing Beyond Political Views (7897 Views)

Looking Beyond Political Parties, A Critical Step To Abia Redemption And Develop / Couples Having Different Political Views / Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
DISCLAIMER:-
The views portended herein aren't meant to be foisted down anyone's throat as I'm a firm believer in the parlance; "..to each, his own path..".

I'm an inclusivist and a pacifist. I believe that if given the chance to, and all things being equal, I have the capacity to love even a "devil".

It is common knowledge today that never a time in Nigeria's history have her people shown so much interest in governance, and by extension, politics. Never a time also, has politics been this massively divisive. I have always held the view that the last general elections was an ethno-religious war which was executed using ballot paper and ink.
Gradually but steadily gaining momentum, we are reaching the epoch of an era where our whole acceptance of one another is based largely on political affiliation, not tribe anymore (or as it used to be).

I watched with interest, two Saturdays ago, at my neighborhood market, how two kids, not above 13 by my estimation kept throwing vitriols at each other...their banter was in the lines of...
Kid‎ 1:- Me I dey support Jonathan, una be wayo. PDP!! Power!

Kid 2 :- "Oloshi! Ode niyen! Ole Buruku! Which kain PDP‎, PDP wey don chop all Nigeria money finish, you no see as light dey now, God go punish you and that your jonathan. Sai Buhari Joor!!!!

^^It is a reflection of what we, the adults have instilled in them. Even in our discussions, especially online, it has become a case of kill or be killed (verbally). The moment a person posits a comment which doesn't tally with that which we believe, automatically, our psychological defenses/offensives build up, we wait out an available opportunity to shoot them in the head (verbally).
It is becoming really worrisome that we cannot co-exist side by side with differing views.
"It's either our way, or the highway."
Among locales, you now hear stuff like "I AM APC" "YOU ARE PDP"
Individuals now derive their sense of identification from a political party and by extension, drawing a sense of worth and self from there.

Personally, I think this is a well thought out, veritable mind control manipulation tool which the elite uses, to keep the masses on a tight leash while ensuring that we fight their wars. We have been reduced to mere foot soldiers, who do not really gain any dividend of democracy, but defend these folks, even when they are clearly in the wrong like our lives depended on it.
Never a time have our youth from both sides of the divide been heavily bribed ‎to defend whichever side the elite need them to support, with a mandate to bring down those who do not share their views using subtle threats, emotional blackmail, cyber bullying, hurling scathing invectives and whatnots.

Now, let me come a little more closer to home.

The moment some of us declared support for a political party, ideology or politician, we lost friends, if we didn't lose them as friends, then surely, the bonds which once held us closely knit to one another became loosened.
In our social circles, online, offline, we are accepted wholly because we support one of either parties, either loudly, or by proxy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2015

Let me ask this question...I will use myself as an example...
To my close friends who are unapologetically GEJites, what would be your reaction be today if I announced that I no longer see anything good in GEJ ideologies, that my conviction has changed?
Would you still love, extol and honor me? Or would you consciously and unconsciously do anything to see me fall, because you're of the belief that I'm a political prostitute, a betrayer and whatever vitriol you seek to label me with?

Today, I congratulate the men and women who have remained true to one another despite‎ the difference in polarity, as it relates to political leanings/persuasion.
I congratulate those who still seek to love wholeheartedly, those who do not share their views.
I salute those who will not allow themselves be blinded by hate and unwarranted distrust for their fellow man.

Today also, I enjoin us to value friendship, fellowship and brotherhood above partisanship.
I enjoin us to see everyone as our brother, and sister.
While it is true that it is easier to love those whom we're on the same page with, I reckon that it is not an impossible feat to think good thoughts, and accept those who don't share our views.

The reality remains that some of us will be vocal in our support or dis-support ‎of this government, the reality is that we will not always agree with one another, sometimes, the views your friend portends will likely annoy you and you will likely lash out, I think it is healthy to do so, instead of beefing them, and while speaking your mind, please be careful not to cross that line, be careful that your actions aren't borne out of hate or averseness. Show more tolerance, apply diplomacy.

I believe that we can rise above hate, malice, vituperations, vitriols and whatnots.
I believe that on this board and offline, we can apply subtle jabs that don't bother on hate and bitterness, and still engage in healthy arguments. Yes We Can.

The Transformation, The Change, ‎The Positive Overhaul that we so desire for this nation must start with us.
How ready are we?

SOURCE

cc: Obinoscopy Lalasticlala Ishilove

4 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Gaskia MizMyColi, you have really spoken well.
Devoid of hatred, Mudd sliding and character assassination.

It always beats my imagination, how some peeps come here to defend these politicians and those in corridor of power who milk us dry.

This is how one guy here, some few days back was defending one so-call thief sorry "chief" for abandoning project that was given to him to execute.

I believe, with this written piece of yours, those who are paid agents of so so so and so party will have a rethink and retrace back their tracks.

Criticism are welcome but, not a blind one.

This is a bitter truth.
Some of your E- friends won't take it lightly with you.

I wait for their reactions.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Ahmed4002(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by PassingShot(m): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
This is not your first attempt at showing ability to tolerate others and readiness to be objective at issues of national interest. The first time was when you did this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2282829/nairaland-democrats-criticisms-president-elect-repentant

However, I realized that no sooner had you dropped your pen that your fellow GEJites got you back on the same hating way for PMB/VPYO. This is by the way anyway.

To the main issue of your thread, let's look at it this way:

1. Jonathan is largely responsible for ethnic and religion divisions we now see today in Nigeris. No sincere person will deny the fact that he played the religious and ethnic cards dangerously to the maximum. He even pronounced it loud and clear when he said Igbos are the backbone of his administration.

2. Another issue is lack of sportsmanship on the part of PDP and its supporters. It's a fact that those who supported Jonathan find it extremely difficult to accept the fact that the man has lost an election and therefore they need to move on. In sane societies, once elections have been won and lost, the losers will come together and support the winners to move the country forward. The losers critize the govt objectively by providing alternative means to issues; not by running their mouth on the pages of newspapers and NL to condemn every step of the new regime just to be seen to exist.

We all know that Jonathan couldn't have ever become president without the support of those who now no longer like him. So, why should it be difficult to accept that the man failed truly and it's the reason he was rejected at the polls.

I can only advise you to try to be yourself as there is nothing or very little you can do to change the bigots. Just try and make sure you don't fall back into bigotry.

As the Chief Wailer once said before he decamped, Buhari would have remained in Daura enjoying his retirement had Jonathan performed up to the mark. Unfortunately, bigotry and expectations of political appointment beclouded his reasoning.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by AMINDA: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Very nice piece.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Dygeasy(m): 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
This problem will linger for as long as possible. I don't even believe it can be curtailed which is why I personally avoid political arguments every chance I get.

We so much copied a lot from The United States of America when we as a Nation adopted democracy and I think it is very safe to say that we are millions of thousands of miles far from where The US is right now politically which meas Nigeria is an infant in democracy. Now we should know not just one person (e.g a political candidate) can effect these changes. It starts with us (the people/masses). The main problem is everyone is in it for something which is a not so great reason. An average Republican in America would support the party till death because he/she believes in a cause, the ideas of the party, what the party stands for. It isn't really about political sycophancy, it's about believing in a cause and following it. The question on my mind that begs for answers is "What does PDP or APC stand for?" I have tried so hard to see, I started thinking I had eye problems. There is simply NOTHING we can point at as a reasonable reason to follow either of them. We screamed change few months ago because PDP wasn't forthcoming with any meaningful developmental projects but that change is here, is there still hope? Both parties are just direct clones of one another which makes me wonder why we fight over them. Blindly pointless I must confess.

I admire Jonathan. I admise Buhari. The are amazing personalities in their own ways but what's up with the political parties they represent? The people around them? If they're confused up there, why should we join the bandwagon of confused human beings?
Pointless again if you ask me. We all saw the Bukola Saraki saga. He is the agent of change in his state. Shey na like this we go dey?

Nigerian democracy has no vision and we're to shape that and make ourselves sensible political animals. We shouldn't allow them influence but rather we should influence them with our voices. Our collective voices of reasons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Gaskia MizMyColi, you have really spoken well.
Devoid of hatred, Mudd sliding and character assassination.

It always beats my imagination, how some peeps come here to defend these politicians and those in corridor of power who milk us dry.

This is how one guy here, some few days back was defending one so-call thief sorry "chief" for abandoning project that was given to him to execute.

I believe, with this written piece of yours, those who are paid agents of so so so and so party will have a rethink and retrace back their tracks.

Criticism are welcome but, not a blind one.

This is a bitter truth.
Some of your E- friends won't take it lightly with you.

I wait for their reactions.

I hope you're aware that your post is inciteful to a degree.

Thanks for the compliment though.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:
Booked
Shop.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
AMINDA:
Very nice piece.
grin
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by PassingShot(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Shop.
Go read it now.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
Dygeasy:
grin
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:
This is not your first attempt at showing ability to tolerate others and readiness to be objective at issues of national interest. The first time was when you did this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2282829/nairaland-democrats-criticisms-president-elect-repentant

However, I realized that no sooner had you dropped your pen that your fellow GEJites got you back on the same hating way for PMB/VPYO. This is by the way anyway.

To the main issue of your thread, let's look at it this way:

1. Jonathan is largely responsible for ethnic and religion divisions we now see today in Nigeris. No sincere person will deny the fact that he played the religious and ethnic cards dangerously to the maximum. He even pronounced it loud and clear when he said Igbos are the backbone of his administration.

Another issue is lack of sportsmanship on the part of PDP and its supporters. It's a fact that those who supported Jonathan find it extremely difficult to accept the fact that the man has lost an election and therefore they need to move on. In sane societies, ones elections have been won and lost, the losers will come together and support the winners to move the country forward. The losers critize the govt objectively by providing alternative means to issues; not by running their mouth on the pages of newspapers and NL to condemn every step of the new regime just to be seen to exist.

We all know that Jonathan couldn't have ever become president without the support of those who now no longer like him. So, why should it be difficult to accept that the man failed truly and it's the reason he was rejected at the polls.

I can only advise you to try to be yourself as there is nothing or very little you can do to change the bigots. Just try and make sure you don't fall back into bigotry.

As the Chief Wailer once said before he decamped, Buhari would have remained in Daura enjoying his retirement had Jonathan performed up to the mark. Unfortunately, bigotry and expectations of political appointment beclouded his reasoning.

The reason for this topic bothers on maintaining the bonds of friendship, and the things which we share in common, while airing our views.

You may not realize, but that writeup I made then took its toll.
I became better for it.

I think of life as a journey, gaffes are allowed, mistakes are allowed, what matters is what we make of them.

Like I pointed on this thread....
There will be times when we agree and mostly times when we disagree on issues.
You should equally correct the impression that those who do not speak in favour of this government are haters. What some of us need is conviction....that a worthy cause is on course.

That said, this thread is not about Buhari or Jonathan...let's assume Jonathan (emphasis on "assume"wink is the cause of the ethnic divide really, I mentioned it in the post when I said that "politicians use this divisiveness as a mind control tactic"

This thread is about you and I...about all of us, who just take a liking for politics because we like it.

Can we possibly co-exist without throwing vitriols and hate speeches at one another?

Can we begin now to understand that pain inflicted on another is pain inflicted on self?

5 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

I hope you're aware that your post is inciteful to a degree.

Thanks for the compliment though.

How?
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by uniklinkum(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rubbish you can report me to your mod friends again..
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

How?

Never Mindwink
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by PassingShot(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

The reason for this topic bothers on maintaining the bonds of friendship, and the things which we share in common, while airing our views.

You may not realize, but that writeup I made then took its toll.
I became better for it.

I think of life as a journey, gaffes are allowed, mistakes are allowed, what matters is what we make of them.

Like I pointed on this thread....
There will be times when we agree and mostly times when we disagree on issues.
You should equally correct the impression that those who do not speak in favour of this government are haters. What some of us need is conviction....that a worthy cause is on course.

That said, this thread is not about Buhari or Jonathan...let's assume Jonathan (emphasis on "assume"wink is the cause of the ethnic divide really, I mentioned it in the post when I said that "politicians use this divisiveness as a mind control tactic"

This thread is about you and I...about all of us, who just take a liking for politics because we like it.

Can we possibly co-exist without throwing vitriols and hate speeches at one another?

Can we begin now to understand that pain inflicted on another is pain inflicted on self?
I understand your OP perfectly but we also need to identify how we got here since it was not this way in the past.
Of course we can coexist while still having different ideologies or political leanings. The big question is can the opposition come up with credible issues to discuss? Issues free of concotions and laced with connotations of witch hunting and ethnicity. This is the basic requirement for peaceful debate devoid of vitriols and tantrums.

How come none of "them" is here?

3 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by bqlekan(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rightly said, politics, religion, ethnicity all creates divide and hatred. I thought education would change that, but no, it only brought intolerance to another unsatisfactory level, most especially in youths. Let's learn to respect our differences.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Dygeasy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
.. grin
Modified.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:

I understand your OP perfectly but we also need to identify how we got here since it was not this way in the past.
Of course we can coexist while still having different ideologies or political leanings. The big question is can the opposition come up with credible issues to discuss? Issues free of concotions and laced with connotations of witch hunting and ethnicity. This is the basic requirement for peaceful debate devoid of vitriols and tantrums.

That, to me, is akin to apportioning blames. This is where we are now, how do we move forward?

People have gotten along on more mundane and crassly senseless topics, even those who clearly disagree.

This is where tolerance comes in.

You for example, we are far in political beliefs as far as the east is from the westcheesy

But, I can't remember when last you insulted me, or when last I did.

Has that stopped you from attacking my posts which seem unintelligent to you?
Or even throwing subtle jabs?
NO.

Do I perceive you as a hater of Me? NO.

Are you permitted to call out my gaffes next time around, YES...

But let's watch it.
It's easier to tow the path of hate and bitterness, it never bodes well on anyone.

The more anger and bitterness you harbour inside you, the more anger and bitterness you attract to yourself, sometimes, our health even gets affected.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by StOla: 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=36812759][/quote]

You will soon apologise profusely like the protection seeker did after a thread that did not please WADATA house.

5 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by PassingShot(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

That, to me, is akin to apportioning blames. This is where we are now, how do we move forward?

People have gotten along on more mundane and crassly senseless topics, even those who clearly disagree.

This is where tolerance comes in.

You for example, we are far in political beliefs as far as the east is from the westcheesy

But, I can't remember when last you insulted me, or when last I did.

Has that stopped you from attacking my posts which seem unintelligent to you?
Or even throwing subtle jabs?
NO.

Do I perceive you as a hater of Me? NO.

Are you permitted to call out my gaffes next time around, YES...

But let's watch it.
It's easier to tow the path of hate and bitterness, it never bodes well on anyone.

The more anger and bitterness you harbour inside you, the more anger and bitterness you attract to yourself, sometimes, our health even gets affected.
Hmmm. Agreed with most of your points but you still failed to acknowledge that the deep seated hatred in the other camp cannot make healthy debate possible.

I hate no one, hence you see me contribute in any thread irrespective of who owns it.

I ask again, why haven't the GEJites been seen here?

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Dygeasy, you have spoken well....

What Does PDP stand for, What Does APC stand for?

In addendum to your answer...
My reply is Nothing, or almost nothing.

You would notice that it was after GEJ left office that PDP started sounding more values-esque in their opposition of this government....

You now hear PDP say stuff like - based on Democratic Tenets....

Now, it might seem like mundanest of all reasons, but I found in GEJ characters that are worthy of emulation, I am not talking of what the news reported to me, NO.

I am talking of an inner conviction.
I saw in him someone who values human life, who reverred diplomacy and flexibility.

Now, that for me is something worth looking out for in a role model....because it directly reflects on the things I value as an individual.

I sometimes, literally have to hold myself from posting on posting on pro-PDP topics that have nothing to do directly with Jonathan....But the sad psychological reality on this board is that if you support Buhari, then by extension, you will likely support anything APC, not because they deserve it, but because someone you deeply respect is her torchbearer.....and vice versa.

That said, I will like us to concentrate more on how we now view one another since this political revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Lemme invite them.

Shout out to Barcanista

Mogidi

Biafranqueen

ROSSIKE

Rose2014

IsrealiAirforce

flets

Owobokiri

Bonapart

kodded

FireFire

TemiTemi1.

Your attention is needed here by a fellow compatriot.

2 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Hmmm. Agreed with most of your points but you still failed to acknowledge that the deep seated hatred in the other camp cannot make healthy debate possible.

I hate no one, hence you see me contribute in any thread irrespective of who owns it.

I ask again, why haven't the GEJites been seen here?

Am I permitted to speak for those on the other camp?grin

We actually think of you guys as the ones with deep seated hatred.
We believe that because we do not agree with your views and the extolling of the person, Buhari, then we are labelled haters, who want nothing good for this govt.
I am not absolving everyone of this, but truth is, the past government was a victim of same.

Tbh, I was always apolitical, GEJ got my sympathy first because of how APC guys kept painting him black...
Now because of my nature to identify with the oppressed and outcasts of society, I naturally gravitated towards him.
I have this belief that no one is utterly bad, and that no matter how annoying people are, especially those in leadership position, we must refrain from insulting, denigrating or calling them names that are unbefitting.

It is a known law that you cannot inherit a position that you do not honour.

There is a reason the bible and quran admonishes us to honour our leaders even when they are wrong.

Does this mean I will never insult anyone who is a hallowed position, Mbanu, but while at it, my conscience owes me a duty to remind that it is not the right thing to do.

Now, Pshot, despite seeing me as a PMB hater, why haven't you attacked me or insulted me to pieces?

This is where our personalities come into fore.

This is where the power of choice reigns supreme.

Wait, let's even leave out Buhari or Jonathan.

The question now is, why am I likely to see you as an enemy because you support APC?

Is there a way that can be remedied?

Can we truly rise above?

Yes, we can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by themilanway(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
Passingshot well said......

1)Religion and ethnicity will always remain a curse to most Nigerians except they re orient themselves.

I can't think of a country in the world that is as "religious" as Nigeria.At the end of the day we keep taking 1 step forward 10 backward,no thanks to religious sentiments and colouration.

The last general election in my opinion has nothing to do with tribe.

If Atiku,Nuhu Ribadu,Kwankwaso had team up together or were to emerge as a single candidate against Jonathan,Jonathan will have floor them too easily.

Most Nigerians were simply tired of Jonathan/PDP ideologies and inactions.It had nothing to do with tribe.

I can guarantee you that most of us who support Buhari's candidacy and now government solely do so because of his personality rather than the APC ideologies.

Buhari for me was the closest thing to having a revolution,if not I would have prefered a total revolution for this country.Mind you I'm an igbo speaking person.Am I tribalized?

I'm still watching out for that political party that will put the masses interest first before their gullible self.Until then Nigeria still needs a messiah.

5 Likes

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
StOla:

You will soon apologise profusely like the protection seeker did after a thread that did not please WADATA house.

This thread wasn't meant to please anyone. It is only a close minded individual that will not appreciate the essence of this thread.

I expected to be attacked from folks who support Buhari and APC....

I expected most of my people to keep mute.

I didn't even expect 20 posts, because I know that it is a total deviation from the norm here.

But my mind was fixed.

You lot have shown more grace than expected.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by themilanway(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Passingshot well said......

1)Religion and ethnicity will always remain a curse to most Nigerians except they re orient themselves.

I can't think of a country in the world that is as "religious" as Nigeria.At the end of the day we keep taking 1 step forward 10 backward,no thanks to religious sentiments and colouration.

The last general election in my opinion has nothing to do with tribe.

If Atiku,Nuhu Ribadu,Kwankwaso had team up together or were to emerge as a single candidate against Jonathan,Jonathan will have floor them too easily.

Most Nigerians were simply tired of Jonathan/PDP ideologies and inactions.It had nothing to do with tribe.

I can guarantee you that most of us who support Buhari's candidacy and now government solely do so because of his personality rather than the APC ideologies.

Buhari for me was the closest thing to having a revolution,if not I would have preferred a total revolution for this country.Mind you I'm an igbo speaking person.Am I tribalized?

I'm still watching out for that political party that will put the masses interest first before their gullible self.Until then Nigeria still needs a messiah.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
bqlekan:
Rightly said, politics, religion, ethnicity all creates divide and hatred. I thought education would change that, but no, it only brought intolerance to another unsatisfactory level, most especially in youths. Let's learn to respect our differences.

When I post like this, it becomes really funny to me how someone is able to summarise an article of 3,000 characters in about 6-10 words.

@TheEmboldened
Thank You!
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Let me ask this question...I will use myself as an example...
To my close friends who are unapologetically GEJites, what would be your reaction be today if I announced that I no longer see anything good in GEJ ideologies, that my conviction has changed?
Would you still love, extol and honor me? Or would you consciously and unconsciously do anything to see me fall, because you're of the belief that I'm a political prostitute, a betrayer and whatever vitriol you seek to label me with?
@Mozmycoli: I believe everyone is entitled to a choice, whether to align by me or otherwise. However, political choice never defines friendship-though it is an advantage to friendship.

When I was still pro-APC, I still had friendship with the PDP caucus. In fact, Firefire, Mogidi, Truckpusher, Tomakint, SeverusSnape, Agabai23, Ellechrystal etc were VERY friendly to me irrespective of our political disagreement. Despite the fact that I was once pro-PDP as at that time. Nobody created thousands of threads pouring accusations and stuffs. I recall that Descartes told me in black and white that I will return to PDP. I laughed over it and we continued. We all know the event that followed my defection despite the circumstance that catalysed my change of camp to the PDP in Feb 16. We all saw the attacks from supposed "friends" that saw my defection as an affront and chose to blackmail and discredit me(that are still pouring till date).

The truth is that PDP is the most democratic party in Nigeria, APC can be likened to a secret cult where members have no say of their own. It i§ in APC that you will be called nÀmes for disagreeing with party's view. I tell you my Dear, you have nothing to fear with respect to friendship whether or not you remain with PDP! We are not like APC!

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo of Bukola Saraki, Fadhilat Sheikh Suleman Faruq At Tafsirul Quran / ANN Will Deliver $4trillion Economy Within 10years- Olawepo Hashim / Ohanaeze: Overwhelming Majority Of Igbo Don’t Believe In Sucession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.