Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Seeing Beyond Political Views - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seeing Beyond Political Views (7961 Views)

Looking Beyond Political Parties, A Critical Step To Abia Redemption And Develop / Couples Having Different Political Views / Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by kenny987(f): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Another twisted opinion opinionated by you and yours barcanista, political prostitute extra ordinaire!.

The same PDP who field rogues and recycled them, and popularized political prostitution is the most democratic party in Nigeria? Surely we have to question this mans sanity.

Are those same so-called recycled rogues not part of the APC today? Have they undergone a sudden baptism of fire that wipes away their past 'sins'? Is the APC the home of salvation? Obasanjo, Atiku, Saraki, Amaechi, Tambuwal and co...to mention but a few, did they not come into political limelight on the PDP platform? Are they all squeaky clean? Are u saying that if u do a complete and thorough, in fact even perfunctory investigation of just Lagos State that we will not see and hear of monumental cases of corruption just in the one state? Has it not been PDP-run? Even Buhari that is hailed as the father of integrity, can u take an oath for him that he was 100% accountable and no atom of corruption and financial mismanagement can be traced to him?

Political prostitution! What does it mean if it is not jumping from one party to another? Who is the most profligate in this if not Atiku? How many so called members of APC were there from day 1? Yet APC accepts them with open arms and confers on them a certificate of integrity and sainthood abi? Please be honest in your analysis and don't throw stones when u reside in a very fragile glasshouse!
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by kaypound(m): 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
PassingShot:
This is not your first attempt at showing ability to tolerate others and readiness to be objective at issues of national interest. The first time was when you did this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2282829/nairaland-democrats-criticisms-president-elect-repentant

However, I realized that no sooner had you dropped your pen that your fellow GEJites got you back on the same hating way for PMB/VPYO. This is by the way anyway.

To the main issue of your thread, let's look at it this way:

1. Jonathan is largely responsible for ethnic and religion divisions we now see today in Nigeris. No sincere person will deny the fact that he played the religious and ethnic cards dangerously to the maximum. He even pronounced it loud and clear when he said Igbos are the backbone of his administration.

2. Another issue is lack of sportsmanship on the part of PDP and its supporters. It's a fact that those who supported Jonathan find it extremely difficult to accept the fact that the man has lost an election and therefore they need to move on. In sane societies, once elections have been won and lost, the losers will come together and support the winners to move the country forward. The losers critize the govt objectively by providing alternative means to issues; not by running their mouth on the pages of newspapers and NL to condemn every step of the new regime just to be seen to exist.

We all know that Jonathan couldn't have ever become president without the support of those who now no longer like him. So, why should it be difficult to accept that the man failed truly and it's the reason he was rejected at the polls.

I can only advise you to try to be yourself as there is nothing or very little you can do to change the bigots. Just try and make sure you don't fall back into bigotry.

As the Chief Wailer once said before he decamped, Buhari would have remained in Daura enjoying his retirement had Jonathan performed up to the mark. Unfortunately, bigotry and expectations of political appointment beclouded his reasoning.

you have spoken well my brother....though i agree with the OP in some of her views we cant forget that they started the hate campaign....anyways the elections is over we should come together and build the nation and stop acting as though we are enemies of the nation and hoping that the present govt fails... because if it fails to whose benefit is it?
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
But you are also guilty of your argument. How do you defend that? And do you mean to say that you won't detest me if I should declare my support for Boko Haram's ideology? It is normal for people to hate any organization, group or individual who support an ideology that affect their lives terribly.

This is where Ethics comes in.

You cannot do stuff that impacts negatively on humanity and human life without getting an equal dose of social disapproval.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by joseph1832(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:

Are those same so-called recycled rogues not part of the APC today? Have they undergone a sudden baptism of fire that wipes away their past 'sins'? Is the APC the home of salvation? Obasanjo, Atiku, Saraki, Amaechi, Tambuwal and co...to mention but a few, did they not come into political limelight on the PDP platform? Are they all squeaky clean? Are u saying that if u do a complete and thorough, in fact even perfunctory investigation of just Lagos State that we will not see and hear of monumental cases of corruption just in the one state? Has it not been PDP-run? Even Buhari that is hailed as the father of integrity, can u take an oath for him that he was 100% accountable and no atom of corruption and financial mismanagement can be traced to him?

Political prostitution! What does it mean if it is not jumping from one party to another? Who is the most profligate in this if not Atiku? How many so called members of APC were there from day 1? Yet APC accepts them with open arms and confers on them a certificate of integrity and sainthood abi? Please be honest in your analysis and don't throw stones when u reside in a very fragile glasshouse!
Point of correction, OBJ is not a member of the APC, now to answer you, both the APC and PDP are full of political prostitutes, people who prostitute themselves from one political party to the other just so they can get what they want!.

I should point it out to you that corruption is not just stealing money alone like you put it, it is something that is encompassing. Almost if not every Nigerian is corrupt.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by kenny987(f): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Point of correction, OBJ is not a member of the APC, now to answer you, both the APC and PDP are full of political prostitutes, people who prostitute themselves from one political party to the other just so they can get what they want!.

I should point it out to you that corruption is not just stealing money alone like you put it, it is something that is encompassing. Almost if not every Nigerian is corrupt.

Yeah, I'll concede that he supposedly remains 'partyless'. Corruption permeates every sector and boils down to taking what isn't yours or diverting earmarked funds for private purposes. Even refusing to do one's job because of some personal gain or vendetta is corruption. That it is all-encompassing is very much identified and acknowledged in my post. However when you deliberately say that it is the PDP that recycles criminals and encourages political prostitution, it behoves me and every well-meaning Nigerian to help u pull out the log in your eyes b4 u can competently pick out the speck in others. Them politicians are one and the same and hopefully Nigeria will survive their greed and become what she should be.

To further clarify though, there is no part of my initial post that claims corruption is on just all about stealing money. It is not as I put it! You might want to read it again.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MabraO: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
It's a pity the friendship between mizmycoli nd barcanista is dead nd gone.

All I could read from barca re all filled with hate. He couldn't even acknwlege the post

Well I won't be surprised if all the pointiycoli pointed out she den goes back to her former ways cos no taniod has endorsed this post except APC
That's show how bitter. Nd frautrated these taniods re.
It's a pity tho.
Mizmycoli create another thread to apologies to taniods like barcanista did done times ago
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by joseph1832(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:

Yeah, I'll concede that he supposedly remains 'partyless'. Corruption permeates every sector and boils down to taking what isn't yours or diverting earmarked funds for private purposes. Even refusing to do one's job because of some personal gain or vendetta is corruption. That it is all-encompassing is very much identified and acknowledged in my post. However when you deliberately say that it is the PDP that recycles criminals and encourages political prostitution, it behoves me and every well-meaning Nigerian to help u pull out the log in your eyes b4 u can competently pick out the speck in others. Them politicians are one and the same and hopefully Nigeria will survive their greed and become what she should be.

To further clarify though, there is no part of my initial post that claims corruption is on just all about stealing money. It is not as I put it! You might want to read it again.
Okay, but I'll have you know that I never said the APC is full of saints, no ma'am I never said such, click this link and read this poem www.nairaland.com/2122619/says-spoken-word you'll know my feelings....
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

This is where Ethics comes in.
You cannot do stuff that impacts negatively on humanity and human life without getting an equal dose of social disapproval.
This is why people who felt the immediate past administration had a negative impact on their lives are quick to announce their disapproval at the mention of PDP or GEJ. Though there are some people whose hatred for the man is based on sentiments but majority are based on perseived maladministration. But it is very wrong for any political party, region or ethnic group to cry foul play because we all voted for our prefered candidates and those with the most votes claimed victory as dictated by our democracy. And as long as freedom of speech is concerned, political trash talking is allowed.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by kenny987(f): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Okay, but I'll have you know that I never said the APC is full of saints, no ma'am I never said such, click this link and read this poem www.nairaland.com/2122619/says-spoken-word you'll know my feelings....

Not in those exact words but that is exactly what u implied when u said PDP recycled criminals and publicised political prostitution as if it's just them guilty. I'm glad we agree that d political class under whatever platform are almost completely greedy criminals. In other words you cannot begin to hold one up as more noble than the other. That is why this anti-corruption anthem will take the grace of God to be pursued the way they claim they will cos they too will be burned. The best bet of the government is to plug holes to prevent more siphoning of public funds then make up its mind to properly investigate all who may have partaken in bleeding Nigeria dry. All or nothing or at least evenly spread across board. Not what will have even the slightest appearance of selective justice.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Bayswater: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=36812601][/quote]
MyColi for president, I am on the queue for dinner. I'd really like to meet you someday, no ulterior motives.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by joseph1832(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
kenny987:

Not in those exact words but that is exactly what u implied when u said PDP recycled criminals and publicised political prostitution as if it's just them guilty. I'm glad we agree that d political class under whatever platform are almost completely greedy criminals. In other words you cannot begin to hold one up as more noble than the other. That is why this anti-corruption anthem will take the grace of God to be pursued the way they claim they will cos they too will be burned. The best bet of the government is to plug holes to prevent more siphoning of public funds then make up its mind to properly investigate all who may have partaken in bleeding Nigeria dry. All or nothing or at least evenly spread across board. Not what will have even the slightest appearance of selective justice.
At the embolden, I can explain that what I meant was that PDP was the first political party to assume power after years of military rule, what they did was massive looting from all corners.
From the fourth republic till 2015, the PDP are the ones who flamboyantly displayed political prostitutes and popularized it.

Even the APC are even guilty accepting those who defected from the PDP. That's just what I'm trying to say.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by engineerboat(m): 12:33am On Aug 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

I understand your angst and your point.
Smmh...

Why do I suddenly feel like I'm building castles in the air?
because you are trying to reconcile two parallel line that cannot meet. Between people who are sad about how last admin bought army hardwares late to election but are now sad as to why did he do that becuase somebody said those hardware and platforms are non exit (zero). How did you want that buyer then and his people feel.
Like u rightly put, many are not PDP member, but out of sympathy at the level of lies and propaganda aganist him, decide to throw their support for him then, do you now want those people to keep quet while those work are been destroyed. Mbannu, ko se nse, babu
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by pickabeau1: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
@mizmycoli I am not sure this whole pacifist ideology you have going on is feasible in the world of politics because by default. Politics is a battle, a battle of ideas, not a field where people drink and listen to music. It's an immense battle of interest and survival.

If you are lucky to sit in a media strategy meeting, Where spin masters and Media strategist design propaganda, Your would come to realize how ignorant and unrealistic your doctrine is, and how heartless these politicians and their handlers are, the level they can go to sabotage each other.

The world is a very brutal place, it's not an utopia, It's eat or be eaten. It would be in one's best interest to view it from a very realistic perspective instead of living in denial.

If PDP follow this your Pacifist doctrine they should kiss 2019, they should wait till 3030BC.

The only reason APC won the election was because they saw it as a do or die affair, PDP or any opposition party needs to give APC twice as much dose of their own medicine, if they are to win.
Because the fact is APC will continue with the antics that brought them to power and they ain't giving up anytime soon.

The only point that I agree with, which I have always implemented is the importance to respect each other people's political leaning, engage each other with respect and never let it get in the way of how you relate with them as a person or professionally. I have a way of compartmentalizing my relationship with people, In political discussions you are the enemy, I would do anything under my moral compass to bring you down, while In real life and business, you are my friend, I would do anything to help you grow.

Both worlds do not cross each other.

In all you said how have the people benefitted from the politics being played

For me I think most of the fiery debaters are beneficiaries of either APC or PDP... And that is why they are so passionate

Cos I fail to see any reason why youths support profligates who are busy looting the commonwealth, incite ethnic and religious divisions n sponsor militias

That is the only reason that will make sense

Cc MizMyColi

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by jaybee3(m): 6:55am On Aug 12, 2015
I fail to understand why youths defend politicians (irrespective of their party) with so much vigour and conviction even though their inactions or questionable policies are continuously having negative impact on their lives.

It's simply ironic and pathetic!
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by clevadani: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Good points op. But I want to point out to you that it is only gullible people that will be deceived by the antics of our elite. My political ideology was shaped not by my love for the APC, but by the hatred I felt for PDP. And this hatred arose from how they wasted Nigeria's resources for the past 16years. Not that I felt that APC is perfect, but I just wanted a break from PDP. But notwithstanding, there is no way I'll allow my support for a political party to affect my judgement when dealing with my immediate environment because that will be stup.id and those who do that should pity themselves if they are not getting anything in return.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by pickabeau1: 7:27am On Aug 12, 2015
jaybee3:
I fail to understand why youths defend politicians (irrespective of their party) with so much vigour and conviction even though their inactions or questionable policies are continuously having negative impact on their lives.

It's simply ironic and pathetic!

Beats me too...

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

In all you said how have the people benefitted from the politics being played

For me I think most of the fiery debaters are beneficiaries of either APC or PDP... And that is why they are so passionate

Cos I fail to see any reason why youths support profligates who are busy looting the commonwealth, incite ethnic and religious divisions n sponsor militias

That is the only reason that will make sense

Cc MizMyColi

Thanks, thank you.
Good Morning.

I read Mbriggs' submission long before I replied him.
I couldn't reply immediately because I was on the road.

Now, despite my getting his angle, I was still confronted with the parlance "shey na like this we go dey dey"?
Who e don help?

I don't know how I managed to miss presenting that line of thought while replying him.

I understand that we are more of realists than idealists, but does that mean we should stop striving towards the ideal?
Or not air that which resonates within us.

Frontally attacking 'deep seated hate' with sermons would simply not work. Perhaps, it is better you just ignore these extremists. Putting them in your consciousness only attracts more of the same.

@Volksfuhrer I was once in that "ocean of susceptibility", to seeing those who don't share my views differently.....I was mainly addressing people who joined politics section with sincerity of purpose but are now beginning to buy into the seemingly effective campaign of hate.....I am really not referring to the extremists, while it will be good for them to read the OP and change their minds, I am of the opinion that Angel Gabriel is handling their case.

It took my friends to call me back.
They had to remind me that no matter my interests or where I choose to foray....
I should always make my submissions, no matter how strongly opinionated, based on the tenets of life, light and love.

Have I been soooo successful, NO.
Am I getting there? YES.
Are there people out there who will read this message and glean a thing or two from? YES.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by sinizia: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2015
barcanista:
@Mozmycoli: I believe everyone is entitled to a choice, whether to align by me or otherwise. However, political choice never defines friendship-though it is an advantage to friendship.

When I was still pro-APC, I still had friendship with the PDP caucus. In fact, Fire.fire, Mog.idi, Truckp.usher, Toma.kint, Sev.erusSnape, Agab.ai23, Elle.chrystal etc were VERY friendly to me irrespective of our political disagreement. Despite the fact that I was once pro-PDP as at that time. Nobody created thousands of threads pouring accusations and stuffs. I recall that Des.cartes told me in black and white that I will return to PDP. I laughed over it and we continued. We all know the event that followed my defection despite the circumstance that catalysed my change of camp to the PDP in Feb 16. We all saw the attacks from supposed "friends" that saw my defection as an affront and chose to blackmail and discredit me(that are still pouring till date).

The truth is that PDP is the most democratic party in Nigeria, APC can be likened to a secret cult where members have no say of their own. It i§ in APC that you will be called nÀmes for disagreeing with party's view. I tell you my Dear, you have nothing to fear with respect to friendship whether or not you remain with PDP! We are not like APC!

I agree with your last paragraph, and witnessed firsthand the insurmountable number of hate and disparaging threads and hate comments thrown at you since you defected back to PDP. At a point i even got scared for you. I was forced to ask if it's now a death crime to defect to other parties. The hate against you is real!! But i love your determination not to be fazed by their hate and envy.

That said, i feel this thread is a waste of time and unnecessary, as it will end up achieving nothing like other peace threads on tribal hatred on NL.

I didn't come here to look for friends, make people align with my views on topics or make people not to hate or like me. No time for such. I have my views other people have theirs, i express them when and how i want, anyone has the freedom to support or hate my views, it doesn't concern me, doesn't feed me or add any money to account. Just do your thang Miz, give no fúck what anyone else think because you will end up imprisoning your thoughts. Bye.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:51am On Aug 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

@Volksfuhrer I was once in that "ocean of susceptibility", to seeing those who don't share my views differently...

...It took my friends to call me back.
They had to remind me that no matter my interests or where I choose to foray....
I should always make my submissions, no matter how strongly opinionated, based on the tenets of life, light and love.

Have I been soooo successful, NO.
Am I getting there? YES.
Are there people out there who will read this message and glean a thing or two from? YES.
[/font]

I admire the grace with which you've handled all this...wishing you all the best.

Warmest regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by sinizia: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2015
MabraO:
It's a pity the friendship between mizmycoli nd barcanista is dead nd gone.

All I could read from barca re all filled with hate. He couldn't even acknwlege the post

Well I won't be surprised if all the pointiycoli pointed out she den goes back to her former ways cos no taniod has endorsed this post except APC
That's show how bitter. Nd frautrated these taniods re.
It's a pity tho.
Mizmycoli create another thread to apologies to taniods like barcanista did done times ago

I know you and your ilks too well. You've always hated PDP, Barcanista, GEJ and anything that criticizes APC or Buhari, so I'm not surprised about your lopsided bitter views against Barcanista. I never expected you to make sense anyway.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by sinizia: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
@mizmycoli I am not sure this whole pacifist ideology you have going on is feasible in the world of politics because by default. Politics is a battle, a battle of ideas, not a field where people drink and listen to music. It's an immense battle of interest and survival.

If you are lucky to sit in a media strategy meeting, Where spin masters and Media strategist design propaganda, Your would come to realize how ignorant and unrealistic your doctrine is, and how heartless these politicians and their handlers are, the level they can go to sabotage each other.

The world is a very brutal place, it's not an utopia, It's eat or be eaten. It would be in one's best interest to view it from a very realistic perspective instead of living in denial.

If PDP follow this your Pacifist doctrine they should kiss 2019, they should wait till 3030BC.

The only reason APC won the election was because they saw it as a do or die affair, PDP or any opposition party needs to give APC twice as much dose of their own medicine, if they are to win.
Because the fact is APC will continue with the antics that brought them to power and they ain't giving up anytime soon.

The only point that I agree with, which I have always implemented is the importance to respect each other people's political leaning, engage each other with respect and never let it get in the way of how you relate with them as a person or professionally. I have a way of compartmentalizing my relationship with people, In political discussions you are the enemy, I would do anything under my moral compass to bring you down, while In real life and business, you are my friend, I would do anything to help you grow.

Both worlds do not cross each other.

This is a wrap y'all. Spoke everything that's needed to say about this issue. As long as respect is mutually accorded to any party faithful, no assassination attempt on anyone, then the criticizing should go on. Politics is not for love games.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by sinizia: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2015
zicoraads:

2. Secondly, the insults and vituperations that trailed GEJ's government was massive and unprecedented. Several monikers here called him all sorts of names and even went as far as insulting his family as well. I believe that was what gave birth to the politics of insults. They were doing so and forgot about Karma. Now that their man is in the saddle, they should still expect the same pill that we swallowed. They will get it in equal measure.

The whole mudslinging and bitterness started with APC, so i laugh at the hypocrisy of saying PDP supporters are bitter and whatnot, when the skin-peeling hate comments against GEJ are still littered all over the cyberspace as evidence.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2015
sinizia:

I agree with your last paragraph, and witnessed firsthand the insurmountable number of hate and disparaging threads and hate comments thrown at you since you defected back to PDP. At a point i even got scared for you. I was forced to ask if it's now a death crime to defect to other parties. The hate against you is real!! But i love your determination not to be fazed by their hate and envy.

That said, i feel this thread is a waste of time and unnecessary, as it will end up achieving nothing like other peace threads on tribal hatred on NL.

I didn't come here to look for friends, make people align with my views on topics or make people not to hate or like me. No time for such. I have my views other people have theirs, i express them when and how i want, anyone has the freedom to support or hate my views, it doesn't concern me, doesn't feed me or add any money to account. Just do your thang Miz, give no fúck what anyone else think because you will end up imprisoning your thoughts. Bye.
When it comes to anything APÇ, I'm usually very careful with them. I'm not a troublesome person, I believe in the right of people to association and align with any party of choice, but APC chiefs and fans don't see that way. APC is occultic by default!
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2015
sinizia:

I know you and your ilks too well. You've always hated PDP, Barcanista, GEJ and anything that criticizes APC or Buhari, so I'm not surprised about your lopsided bitter views against Barcanista. I never expected you to make sense anyway.

Lmao.
Did you see where he said the friendship btw me and Barca just took a dip for the worsecheesy

Barcanista come o o
News has it that we are now enemiesgrin
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by dunkem21(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2015
barcanista:

When it comes to anything APÇ, I'm usually very careful with them. I'm not a troublesome person, I believe in the right of people to association and align with any party of choice, but APC chiefs and fans don't see that way. APC is occultic by default!

Your last line eh grin
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao.
Did you see where he said the friendship btw me and Barca just took a dip for the worsecheesy

Barcanista come o o
News has it that we are now enemiesgrin
I saw it and ignored the thrash. It is their wish to see us fight and tear each other, but that wish will only come to pass when Arsenal win SIX trophies in a single year grin

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 12, 2015
dunkem21:

Your last line eh grin
I de talk true na. Even the broom wavers no fit deny.
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by pickabeau1: 8:39am On Aug 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Thanks, thank you.
Good Morning.

I read Mbriggs' submission long before I replied him.
I couldn't reply immediately because I was on the road.

Now, despite my getting his angle, I was still confronted with the parlance "shey na like this we go dey dey"?
Who e don help?

I don't know how I managed to miss presenting that line of thought while replying him.

I understand that we are more of realists than idealists, but does that mean we should stop striving towards the ideal?
Or not air that which resonates within us.

First things first, accept that we deserve the leaders we get
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2015
barcanista:

I saw it and ignored the thrash. It is their wish to see us fight and tear each other, but that wish will only come to pass when Arsenal win SIX trophies in a single year grin

*faints*

Don't let Pick see this o.
I won't be responsible for the aftermath cool
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by MizMyColi(f): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2015
crycry
pickabeau1:

First things first, accept that we deserve the leaders we get

Where do we go from here?
Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by remsonik(f): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2015
I don't have problem with GEJ. I have problem with his handlers and supporters. Pls fair is fair!! When Nigerians were calling out to GEJ to sit up,perform,transform the country his handlers simply dismissed it and called it propaganda by an opposition party.

The sooner you surround yourself with hawks the sooner you are doomed. You need to see the way doyin okupe,Abati,reno and other PDP topshots engage in brawl on social media when asked questions on issues surrounding Nigeria.

GEJ simply outsourced his government, he tried to please all political aides,some of which will betray you when you leave power. Don't assume everyone in government knows their job,some are only there for their pockets and some are there to ensure you fail.

Back to Nairaland, the issues here are very monumental,it stems from tribal bigotry to political hate. Some PDP supporters on here believe every Yoruba/hausa person on here is a member of APC/supporter of buhari so you hate them automatically. Someone I use to be good friends on here with posted something about she hating all APC supporters and doesn't want to have anything to do with them. Since then I have tried to pull back a bit from this person.
I believe history will be kind on bihari as per 2011. Buhari didn't make any hateful statement. Buhari didn't ask anyone to start violence or maim citizens. Some bunch of evil people decided to take laws in their hand and instead of the govt of the time to take them up and resist them they decided to play blame games. It happens in politics.
The last 6 weeks of Jonathan's govt was very fantastic. I wish it had been like since day 1 he stepped into power.
What I find disturbing is the fact that some elements wants buhari to fail just to prove that GEJ administration was better. Why? If Buhari transforms Nigeria won't it be better for all of us? I really want to see positive change in Nigeria. The next 4 years shouldn't be like the past 4 years!!

1 Like

Re: Seeing Beyond Political Views by pickabeau1: 8:42am On Aug 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
crycry

Where do we go from here?

Do you accept or not?

remsonik:
IWhat I find disturbing is the fact that some elements wants buhari to fail just to prove that GEJ administration was better. Why? If Buhari transforms Nigeria won't it be better for all of us? I really want to see positive change in Nigeria. The next 4 years shouldn't be like the past 4 years!!

Bravo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IMF Boss Exposes APC Lies. / Igbos Are Of No Use To Us, We Are Not Igbos - Ndokwa Nation / Nnamdi Kanu Files ₦‎20 Billion Suit Against AGF Malami Over Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.