Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) (23591 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Amina Zakari And Her Uncle Buhari - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by PreciousBro: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2015
lol ok o
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Brightology2(m): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have the highest number of natural resources
We have oil
We have strong agile youths workforce
We have good soil for farming
We have plenty rivers, sea and ocean
We have diverse cultures and tradition
We have brains
We have intelligent people

Yet we cant use common sense to develop our nation - Switzerland doesnt have a single natural resources yet they are one of the richest in the world.
We keep blaming our government for our woes but the problem isnt solely our government WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
How?
- You cheat during exams
- You disobey traffic laws
- You cant help your fellow country man
- You pay/collect/encourage bribery
- You cant beat your chest and say you are not corrupt
- You have benefited from corruption
- You know the right thing to do but will never do it
- You are too tribalistic, you will rather watch the nation burn than see another tribe rule
- You are greedy , you want all the money to yourself alone
[b]
naijainfogalery:
I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have oil
We have brains

Yet we cant use common sense to develop our nation - Switzerland doesnt have a single natural resources yet they are one of the richest in the world.
We keep blaming our government for our woes but the problem isnt solely our government WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
How?
- You cheat during exams
- You are too tribalistic, you will rather watch the nation burn than see another tribe rule
[/b]
naijainfogalery:

We have oil
We have brains

How?
- You cheat during exams
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by darnley16(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2015
westbare:
see pastor o
lol
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by anonimi: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by samsilo(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2015
I often feel like shedding tears when I read the sort of comments I see here . You say Nigeria is rich ??
What is the GDP per capita of Nigeria (less than $6000) , compare with developed countries
How many citizens have access to healthcare clean water or electricity .
I work in healthcare and can tell you many hospitals in the UK have annual budgets close £100 million (please convert to naira)
The fact that the countries wealth is in the hands of less than 5% of the population who live in the cities and can afford a life of luxury seems to fool a lot of us into believing Nigeria is rich

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by jessymedugu(f): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2015
...Indices and parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services were lacking.

I wonder if some of the commentators missed out the above passage.....with this, we're educationally poor too.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by emmatok(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2015
Sijo01:
Oga presido, you're wrong on this one. Nigeria is a rich country who's been/being robbed by her political elites.

You forgot that a country riches is not determined by her resources, but by income distribution.

Nigeria is poor, because we don't have better income distribution.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by DuranEfx: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/news/why-i-wept-openly-for-nigeria-buhari/

''A former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has said the appalling state of Nigeria and the hardship of the citizens in the midst of abundance compelled him to weep openly for the nation in 2011''.

That's how perception could change with time and position.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by delors(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
but west Germany is rich abi? Gullible Nigerians will still believe this crab, a country where their law makers earn more than Obama, a country where 70% of the owners of mansions in the world most expensive estate is owned by her citizen, a country where 60% of her pastors are on the world richest top list yet Nigerian is not rich, or some fools meek the nation dry?
God will make u all responsible for this, pay with ur health and that of ur families IJN
I won't curse you oooooooo
Mr Statistics. Where did you get these mouth-watering stats from? 60% of this 90% of that. Throwing figures around like say na yam. Do u even understand what income distribution is? What social services n welfare progs are? Smh...some enlightened olodo boku for here. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2015
naijainfogalery:

We have oil
We have brains

How?
- You cheat during exams
And Plus
-- We don't pay tax
-- We like foreign things
--Most Nigerians cant be trusted
--- We are always looking for short cut and easy way in everything
--- We are always looking for favours and man no man and not ready to go the extra mile to earn a living

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Ahmeduana(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
If you have been to the Nigerian oil wells in Port Harcourt you will know Nigeria is forking rich.
When they wanna sell oil to other countries, they will open a tap & in less than 15 minutes the transaction is complete, the total amount of oil sold to Italy & other buyer countries will amount to 100 trillion naira.
Where are all the money going to ??
Our oil can't finish till Jesus comes.
Why can't the CBN print as many cash the country needs ??
I do cry everyday for my dear beloved country though i don't plan on returning soon unless things are fixed.
AND YOU WILL COME BACK TO COME AND REAP FROM WHERE YOU DIDN'T SOW?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by charlesbailey(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2015
please give me nigeria's money then
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by maxwell530(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2015
delors:

Mr Statistics. Where did you get these mouth-watering stats from? 60% of this 90% of that. Throwing figures around like say na yam. Do u even understand what income distribution is? What social services n welfare progs are? Smh...some enlightened olodo boku for here. cheesy
you be d real olodo 4 here...did u know how much both parties(PDP and APC)spent during the last election? Did u know how much d politicians earn per month? Nigeria is rich and forever will.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by GodMode: 11:33am On Aug 11, 2015
Rexnegro:

Ur comment shows you lack brain...you mentioned few nigerians among millions of nigerians suffering , what's The percentage of those mentioned ? When a con3 is rich it will show in a big percentage of most of her citizens not just few. How can you say nigeria is rich when a common live below 1dollar a day ? You can only say nigeria is rich in term of natural resources but it doesn't translate in her citizens lives, why ? Well bad govt and bad mgt caused it over the yrs.

AlphaDibia:
Some Nigerians are delusional.. when will you learn? Nigeria is not rich. Here's a thinking for you: what, other than oil, do we proproduce AND export? How does the Nigerian government generate revenue? How much foreign investment is done in Nigeria? I could go on and on but you get the gist.

petrelli07:
I think this is the most astute observation by any Nigerian leader in a long while .... The indices used to judging the wealth of a country are not it's natural resources but it's social welfare scheme, infrastructural advances and the standsrd of living of its average citizens...

^^^^These guys are PAID e-WARRIORS...
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2015
westbare:
see pastor o

grin
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by repogirl(f): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2015
Yes oooo, Buhari go and call your brothers that have looted this country into poverty....tell them to withdraw their money in foreign accounts that is just sitting there and developing oyibo mans country....tell them to bring it and invest in Nigeria ooo! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by GodMode: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2015
delors:

samsilo:
I often feel like shedding tears when I read the sort of comments I see here . You say Nigeria is rich ??
What is the GDP per capita of Nigeria (less than $6000) , compare with developed countries
How many citizens have access to healthcare clean water or electricity .
I work in healthcare and can tell you many hospitals in the UK have annual budgets close £100 million (please convert to naira)
The fact that the countries wealth is in the hands of less than 5% of the population who live in the cities and can afford a life of luxury seems to fool a lot of us into believing Nigeria is rich

jessymedugu:
...Indices and parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services were lacking.

I wonder if some of the commentators missed out the above passage.....with this, we're educationally poor too.

emmatok:

You forgot that a country riches is not determined by her resources, but by income distribution.

^^^^More PAID e-WARRIORS....
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by bejeria101(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Factory fitted mumu
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by jaybee(f): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Sijo01:
Oga presido, you're wrong on this one. Nigeria is a rich country who's been/being robbed by her political elites.

if you were rich and your wealth got stolen while you are left begging on the streets; now tell me you are a rich man, and i will request for a dr. in Yaba to intervene. simple.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2015
NIGERIA is an immensely RICH COUNTRY.. we just have damn too many poor people grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by TimothyNkenu: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
this man wants us to port to Benin Republic

Did you read the article?

And oh - I just quote you again.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Sijo01(f): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2015
emmatok:

Is the imcome distributing it's self? who's incharge of it's distributing?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Yinkame123(m): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
If you have been to the Nigerian oil wells in Port Harcourt you will know Nigeria is forking rich.
When they wanna sell oil to other countries, they will open a tap & in less than 15 minutes the transaction is complete, the total amount of oil sold to Italy & other buyer countries will amount to 100 trillion naira.
I do cry everyday for my dear beloved country though i don't plan on returning soon unless things are fixed.

Bros abeg where in Portharcourt do they sell the oil just by opening a tap Please stop exhibiting ignorance and saying things that has no meaning. Oil is not loaded at an oil well but at a terminal which has metering stations located close to the sea so that the super tankers can load the products. The loading is done at the presence of the IOCs, NNPC, Navy and Customs and each of the organizations involved keep records of what and what was loaded based on the content of the manifest issued to the buyer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by shaddoww: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2015
I read some comments n can't stop laughing, dey call him dullard n all sort n claim dey are literates yet dey couldn't understand or decipher d message in wat he said....

President Mohammadu Buhari has said
that Nigeria is erroneously being regarded as a
rich country, STATING THAT INDICES AND PARAMETERS OF EVALUATING A RICH COUNTRY SUCH AS ECONOMIC ADVANCEMENT, IMPROVED SOCIAL SERVICES WERE LACKING.
he didn't say we lack potential, it's just like calling philipe couthino a world class player, people will disagree because he doesn't yet have champions leagues experience, world cup experience n he isn't playing with high caliber players but it doesn't mean he doesn't have d potential just that d criteria to b called a world class is missing

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
How cud cbn be orinting money now? it ll surely cause an inflation. The truth is better. A rich country is known by her gdp ok
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by otokx(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2015
This is the same thing Oga Jona said that some doubted, anyway we reject such saying.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2015
shaddoww:
I read some comments n can't stop laughing, dey call him dullard n all sort n claim dey are literates yet dey couldn't understand or decipher d message in wat he said....

President Mohammadu Buhari has said
that Nigeria is erroneously being regarded as a
rich country, stating that indices and parameters
of evaluating a rich country such as economic
advancement, improved social services were
lacking.
Dont mind those ignoramuses jare. God bless u
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by pjecly: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2015
Now I know that Nairaland is full of shallow and myopically transmitted fellows. The statement made by the President is only for the genius and only those who can digest the rudiments of economic and socio advancements policy can decode. watch out!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by CorneliusSulla8: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
but west Germany is rich abi? Gullible Nigerians will still believe this crab, a country where their law makers earn more than Obama, a country where 70% of the owners of mansions in the world most expensive estate is owned by her citizen, a country where 60% of her pastors are on the world richest top list yet Nigerian is not rich, or some fools meek the nation dry?
God will make u all responsible for this, pay with ur health and that of ur families IJN
I won't curse you oooooooo
Those are the people that will make sacrifices
Nigeria isn't a rich country.
But the potential is their to be one someday.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by darlenese(f): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
By the end of ur tenure u will tell us Nigeria is the poorest in Africa lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
jaybee:

if you were rich and your wealth got stolen while you are left begging on the streets; now tell me you are a rich man, and i will request for a dr. in Yaba to intervene. simple.
A rich man on paper. Some pple here dont understand anything. I wonder how they passed their English comprehension in Waec.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors Who Visited Buhari Depart London For Nigeria(photos) / Obaseki, Shaibu Flag Off Re-election Campaign / Ikpeazu: Those Complaining About Osisioma Flyover Don't Have Cars (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.