Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) (23594 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Amina Zakari And Her Uncle Buhari - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by atlwireles: 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Someone finally showed Buhari and his almajiris, the Nigerian balance sheet. Buhari, I agree with you, Nigeria is a very poor country, now educate your sai chanting slaves about this reality. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by neocortex: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Buhari : I don't believe I can fulfill any of my promises ,
I had better tell Nigerians that we are not rich , so they
wen't end up stoning me.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by zeyney(f): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=naijainfogalery post=36838510]I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have the highest number of natural resources
We have oil
We have strong agile youths workforce
We have good soil for farming
We have plenty rivers, sea and ocean
We have diverse cultures and tradition
We have brains
We have intelligent people

Yet we cant use common sense to develop our nation - Switzerland doesnt have a single natural resources yet they are one of the richest in the world.
We keep blaming our government for our woes but the problem isnt solely our government WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
How?
- You cheat during exams
- You disobey traffic laws
- You cant help your fellow country man
- You pay/collect/encourage bribery

Dis Is One Of D Most Sensible Nigerian Hv Seen On Nairaland.If Truly U Re Nt Corrupt Den God Wil Continue 2 Bles U 4 Me 4 Dis Wonderful Post
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by tefund(m): 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
God bless you bro
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ikkkkk: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hard to believe that this comment is coming from an APC Lord.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by tefund(m): 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
honest truth,india ict brings in more billion than nigerias oil...important things is the money goes into the pocket of young people,let us abandon the oil and build capacity for our nation
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by awayeyebundle: 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
PMB is saying his own perspective,Nigerians are not fool,even infant in the womb knows that Nigeria is rich than most developed country our citizens run to for greener pastures due to improper management of internal revenue with the treasury of our country and reckless spending of our NASS on recurrent salaries and looting of our past government have brought us to where we are?.......PMB should re-think!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ooshinibos: 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; the largest oil producers in africa is not rich ? Buhari you are wrong sir ...
there is a different between rich and being reckless with money ( Nigeria )
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by vodkat: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have oil
We have brains

Yet we cant use common sense to develop our nation - Switzerland doesnt have a single natural resources yet they are one of the richest in the world.
We keep blaming our government for our woes but the problem isnt solely our government WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
How?
- You cheat during exams
- You cant beat your chest and say you are not corrupt
- You have benefited from corruption
- You know the right thing to do but will never do it
- You are too tribalistic, you will rather watch the nation burn than see another tribe rule
- You are greedy , you want all the money to yourself alone

b]We have brains [/b]

we think we have brains but yet we cannot make electricity constant for 1 day. We think we have brains but we cannot convert resources to be used meanfully.

china is the number country today because they manufacturer everything and they use their population to bring labour costs down. America used to be no1 manufacturer but now because of love of quick money via social media, stocks etc they country is in debt to trillions of dollars to chinese
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ooshinibos: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jimwalex:
Yes,you are right your excellency. Don't mind some wailers that will never see anything good in what you say or do..let me enlighten and sensitise them a bit because i know that they didn't read the story,they are only after the heading.
Being reach as a country is not merely about the money you have in your reserve or the amount of money stolen by the corrupt politicians in that country..a country might have all the money in this world but if the parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services are lacking(which are all lacking in Nigeria),then such a country is POOR!
I cannot believe your comments ...so because social services and infrastructures were not provided by previous Nigerians government so we are poor , do you know that money was allocated for these infrastructures ? but the services were not provided because evil politicians ..do you know that 10 billions dollars was allocated for electricity during OBJ tenure in government ? ...you are the reason why we are where we are today ...
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by vislabraye(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
petrelli07:
I think this is the most astute observation by any Nigerian leader in a long while .... The indices used to judging the wealth of a country are not it's natural resources but it's social welfare scheme infrastructural advances and the standsrd of living of its average citizens...

We have failed to use our natural resources to develop these factors you mentioned.
If you consider the amount Nigeria has made through crude oil alone then you'll realise that we should not be where it is today.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by jonuel1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
sammyj:
Reading !! Nigeria is rich but the looting has killed the wealth of the country. However, PMB just made a literal statement because we are short of funds but rich in resources !!

Ur latter statement flaws the former...it means there is a problem that we are short of funds and rich in resources. Resources transformed rakes in funds. So the resources should be transformed!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by jonuel1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jimwalex:
Yes,you are right your excellency. Don't mind some wailers that will never see anything good in what you say or do..let me enlighten and sensitise them a bit because i know that they didn't read the story,they are only after the heading.
Being reach as a country is not merely about the money you have in your reserve or the amount of money stolen by the corrupt politicians in that country..a country might have all the money in this world but if the parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services are lacking(which are all lacking in Nigeria),then such a country is POOR!

And in your mind you have made sense? Why did he and his cohort oust GEJ?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by philiancoop(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
If you have been to the Nigerian oil wells in Port Harcourt you will know Nigeria is forking rich.
When they wanna sell oil to other countries, they will open a tap & in less than 15 minutes the transaction is complete, the total amount of oil sold to Italy & other buyer countries will amount to 100 trillion naira.
Where are all the money going to ??
Our oil can't finish till Jesus comes.
Why can't the CBN print as many cash the country needs ??
I do cry everyday for my dear beloved country though i don't plan on returning soon unless things are fixed.
Had to quote you to correct your ignorance in certain areas.
First, the oil reserve of any nation is not inexhaustible. They are deposits and therefore, can be used up.
Second, the CBN cannot go on printing naira notes, as that will cause inflation to set in and destroy the economy. For every single note of a given worth printed, an equivalent is eliminated out of circulation.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Xano(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
If you have been to the Nigerian oil wells in Port Harcourt you will know Nigeria is forking rich.
When they wanna sell oil to other countries, they will open a tap & in less than 15 minutes the transaction is complete, the total amount of oil sold to Italy & other buyer countries will amount to 100 trillion naira.
I do cry everyday for my dear beloved country though i don't plan on returning soon unless things are fixed.

You are right. Oil wells in Rivers state, areas in akwa ibom and warri. Gold and copper deposits along middle belt states. This country is rich! PMB either is not aware of or is ignorant about the country's blessed wealth.
You can't be outside and hope for others to 'fix' the country. Like diamond, it requires thorough cleansing.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Benzzle: 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??
what are you saying na
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by abeniagbon(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I dont understand whats wrong with Africa especially Nigeria , we have everything it takes to be the richest in the world yet we are broke

We have oil
We have brains

How?
- You cheat during exams
- You are too tribalistic, you will rather watch the nation burn than see another tribe rule

WELL SPOKEN. ORI OFOKASIBE
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by hectorswag(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
naijainfogalery:

We have oil
We have brains

How?
- You cheat during exams

Exactly!

What this country needs are leaders with iron hands, leaders with zero tolerance for corruption, leaders that would ensure that there are grave consequences for those who engage in any corrupt practices.

Maybe that way, people will learn and start to behave themselves. But until our leaders at the helm of affairs are free of corruption the entire country would never move forward!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by ojmetrix(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
thank mr saint hope you are clean
naijainfogalery:

We have oil
We have brains

How?
- You cheat during exams
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by talk4free: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who is deceiving who ??

To think that over 30 people like this crap you just wrote is shocking.

1. How many oil wells are in port harcourt? Rivers state..yes, Port harcourt how many?
2. Our oil can't finish until Jesus Comes? Hope you know oil has a specific volume. And we have been draining more than we are discovering these days. Countries do run out of oil. Oil wells do dry up bro.
3. Oil is not sold by opening taps.Stop thinking like a man in the bush.
4. CBN print as many cash as the country needs...you definatelt need to go back to basic economics classes.
5. To think you live in another country. You are obviously a plate washer there. Cos you can't contribute in any other way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by talk4free: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
I think GMB is kind of right. I say so because we have resources. We have not at any time in our history trasformed our resources to wealth. Our Per capital income has never been high. We only have few wealthy individuals. This creates a false illusion of general wealth.

Until we convert our resources to riches, we remain a poor country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
talk4free:

5. To think you live in another country. You are obviously a plate washer there. Cos you can't contribute in any other way.

Dude.
This shows how sad you're.
Dish washers here are paid $7.45 cent per hour & they work for 55 ours, 6 days a week.
They collect $409.75, when converted to naira it will be around 50 thousand naira.
$409.75 multiplied by 4 weeks in a month is $1639 when converted to naira it will be around 200 thousand naira.
A dish washer in America can buy 5 mansions in Nigeria.
Where do bankers and oil workers live in Nigeria ?? In a face me i face you apartments ??

You're a fucckking loser and you're wort less than the money i spend on shoes.
Asshole.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by whobdisguy: 12:08am On Aug 12, 2015
Keneking:
Agreed.

All SUV's owners to be heavily taxed grin
All polygamous families to be highly surcharged grin
All business and first class seats in airlines to be heavily taxed grin
All salaries equivalent to National Assembly members to be heavily taxed grin
All owners of more than one 1.5L engine capacity automobiles to be heavily taxed grin
All blog owners with more than one site to be heavily tax and surcharged grin
All students with a current account should be heavily taxed. grin
All female outfit including bangles, ear-rings, chains, blouse, skirt, undies etc at all times must not be worth more than N3,000 or $15 grin
All electronics at home must not produce more than 15dB (sound output), otherwise tax grin
All savings /deposits in banks by individuals to attract 30% interest grin
All multiple phone users to be taxed accordingly depending on sim and size of handsets grin
All standings in BRT to receive rebate of 75% of actual cost grin

lalasticlala.... cool
On point bro!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by RussiaPower: 12:53am On Aug 12, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
[color=#990000][size=10pt][i]Who is deceiving who ??

Or some one else well-known

BabyDaddy20:
[color=#990000][size=10pt][i]Who is deceiving who ??
`cause of world`s economic`s mechanism.Everything depends on $.They can`t print more than they`ve got.So..
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by RudzSA(m): 2:12am On Aug 12, 2015
The so called giants of africa ...even yo president doesn't believe it.nigeria is nothing more than a corrupt nation ..u rich in corruption grin
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by EDWARD4119(m): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2015
How will you feel, when he tells you?
neocortex:
Buhari : I don't believe I can fulfill any of my promises ,
I had better tell Nigerians that we are not rich , so they
wen't end up stoning me.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by 14(m): 3:42am On Aug 12, 2015
Xano:

You are right. Oil wells in Rivers state, areas in akwa ibom and warri. Gold and copper deposits along middle belt states. This country is rich! PMB either is not aware of or is ignorant about the country's blessed wealth.
You can't be outside and hope for others to 'fix' the country. Like diamond, it requires thorough cleansing.

Let that oil price stay at $48 per barrel for 5yrs, then you will see you are poor.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by Alxmyr(m): 5:19am On Aug 12, 2015
RudzSA:
The so called giants of africa ...even yo president doesn't believe it.nigeria is nothing more than a corrupt nation ..u rich in corruption grin

Are you South African?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by RudzSA(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Alxmyr:

Are you South African?
and proudly so ...y?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by RudzSA(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2015
Buhari is probably the smartest Nigerian in the world ...I respect that man. Honesty will get him into heaven
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) by urahara(m): 10:15am On Feb 19, 2019
samsilo:
I often feel like shedding tears when I read the sort of comments I see here . You say Nigeria is rich ??
What is the GDP per capita of Nigeria (less than $6000) , compare with developed countries
How many citizens have access to healthcare clean water or electricity .
I work in healthcare and can tell you many hospitals in the UK have annual budgets close £100 million (please convert to naira)
The fact that the countries wealth is in the hands of less than 5% of the population who live in the cities and can afford a life of luxury seems to fool a lot of us into believing Nigeria is rich

I feel like weeping too whenever I hear that nonsense.

Nigeria could have been rich if we had a population of 1 million , but unfortunately 200 million people are trying to share 2 million barrels a day.

I feel hurt when I hear Nigerians saying we are rich.

Nigeria has never ever been a rich country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 / COVID-19: FG Won’t Reintroduce Total Lockdown Again - Boss Mustapha / Tinubu Criticises Buhari, Other Leaders For Poor Governance, Failed Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.