Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Nigeria Of My Dream. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Of My Dream. (2670 Views)

London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence / I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) / Learn About Screening Ministers, According To The Nigeria Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Of My Dream. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2015
[img]https://probingdeep.files./2015/08/wpid-screenshot_2015-08-11-09-25-06-1.png[/img]

Nigeria is my country, the place where I was born, so I am obliged to contribute my quota to my country in whatever way I can. Although Nigeria isn’t a perfect country just like most other countries, we have our problems in Nigeria just like every country has his/her own problems.

I have a dream for Nigeria where our resources won’t be taken overseas for the selfish stomach of some bald headed, pot bellied and dumb witted politicians. I have a dream where people will contest for presidential positions for the betterment of Nigeria and not as a means of enriching their own life.

I have a dream for Nigeria where the masses would realise the power they have for change and not be brainwashed through religion. I have a dream where people would realise that their lackadaisical attitudes and start taking action, I have a dream where people with vision and good will for Nigeria won’t just be arm chair critics but start driving towards change.

I have a dream where Nigerians would realise how ingenious they are and start fending for themselves, I have a dream where intelligent people won’t be taken abroad to develop their own country but would be used here in Nigeria to develop our own country, I have a dream where our leaders would start putting importance on scientific endeavours and not just monetary endeavours, where our own people would start supporting each other and not letting us go outside our own country to utilise our ingenuity, I have that dream.

I have a dream for a better educational system, I have a dream where scientific experiments in high school labs won’t be monotonous again,where titration, separation techniques won’t be the only variant of things we do in the chemistry lab, and voltage resistor, density, lens, calibration, elasticity won’t be the only variant of things we do in physics lab and where drawing is what we basically do in biology lab. I look forward for the day where our scientific endeavours right from high school would be oriented towards solving Nigeria problems, like biodegradation experiments, energy from biomass, solar panel production, various sources of energy and practicals on how to produce them and actually producing them in schools; I have a dream where topics like “corruption” , “stereotyping” , and how it has crawled into the system and the damages its doing to our country with solutions would be taken as compulsory topics on their own in all secondary schools nationwide.

I have a dream where Medicine and surgery, pharmacy and law won’t be the only few courses in Nigeria that is considered to guarantee having a job. I have a dream where the government would provide job opportunities for all the courses taken at the tertiary level. I also have a dream where Nigerians would realise that entrepreneurship is very important and their success is in their own hands.

I have a dream where Nigeria would be beautiful in the eyes of her people, where people would no longer see the need to travel abroad to visit beautiful places, I have a dream for a beautiful Nigeria , a place of hidden treasures , a place of undiscovered attractions , I have a dream where every Nigerian would appreciate our own country and everyone be willing and able to contribute immensely to the development of the country.

I have a dream for a united Nigeria, a country deviant of tribalism and religious bigotry, I have a dream where Nigerians would stop being enemies of each other, where they would stop attacking each other in every form. I have a dream where every Nigerian would realise that a better Nigeria starts from deep within themselves and start making amendment to the way we think, the way we see each other.

I have a dream where Nigerians would start believing in themselves and acting accordingly, I have a dream where Nigerians would have a common goal which is to act for the betterment of every Nigerian.
[img]https://probingdeep.files./2015/08/wpid-screenshot_2015-08-11-10-39-41-1.png[/img]

Lastly I have a dream where the Nigerian reading this would realise my dreams aren’t far from being achieved if only you believe first, and then start taking actions towards achieving it. Nigeria is in your hands, yes YOU!

Source : https://probingdeep./2015/08/11/the-nigeria-of-my-dream/
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. by chocolateme(f): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2015
May all your, my, our, their dreams about our Nigeria come to pass and fulfilment and may all the strongholds obstructing the realization if these dreams be neutralized.
Let us join hands together and make Nigeria WORK..
Divided we fall but United we stand.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. by Unsad(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2015
Gl
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. by DaBullIT(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2015
Sweet dreams my person

brush teeth when you wake up grin grin
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. by theDEVILisHERE: 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
chocolateme:
May all your, my, our, their dreams about our Nigeria come to pass and fulfilment and may all the strongholds obstructing the realization if these dreams be neutralized.
Let us join hands together and make Nigeria WORK..
Divided we fall but United we stand.

Your naturaly inclined aliegiance is to your bloodline and ancestory
Every other relationship is based on a concentual understanding and agreement based on shared interests and goals between the parties involved
Where this undestanding and agreement is not truely achieved there can never by Unity

(1) (Reply)

The contract called Amalgamation. / Niger Delta Militants Reiterates Vow To Unleash 6 Missiles, Targets Aso Villa / Would You Support A PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.