Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (78310 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / BVN: Frequently Ask Question / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by nwangap(f): 10:16pm On May 05, 2010
thanks so much lawyer for this timely information. right now, i intend registering a company name i can do my small business with. precisely i want to start a network business and i can neither afford the fee this kind of registration you talk about nor do i want to go into it. my question is that i want to know if there is any other kind of registration and the procedure one can do to run a business.please i need this information fast. i will greatly appreciate it. thanks a million
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by nwangap(f): 10:42pm On May 05, 2010
thank you lawyer, about the sole proprietorship, i want to know the procedures, the cost and all about it and i also want to know if i can convert it to limited company if the need arises in future. i iwill appreciate it if you can send me the details to my private email box: pattybf@yahoo.com
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 8:28pm On May 29, 2010
The CAC has become so so tough now and almost every thing you want to register as a company requires some sort of certificate or degree or license before you can register it. Its no longer about how much a client is paying to register a company. The client must now let me run through the business objects you propose thorougly before i can say its safe to register this company or that company or not without it requiring the degree, certificate or license as specified by the CAC.

Also those that want to be consultants in their respective companies must have an MBA in that respective field.

Also those that are also rushing to do one IT related business or the other must now have a University Degree in Computing and or Telecommunications.

Computer Engineering must mean you have a certificate in both Engineering and Computers and not just one separately

In short if your about to do a business and it has an association or body regulating it, you have to get their licensing in advance or degree for your company to fly now.

E.G You cant own an Hotel, Restaurant, bar, Inn or Guest House without you producing a license from the Nigerian Tourism Development Board (NTDC) or go into financial Management without a certificate in Finance.

Things are bloody tough in the CAC now and i dont want to be at the recieving end anymore paying demurrage fees on your behalf for not alerting you in advance because once you fill in the forms you can no longer make any cancellation what so ever to redo the information or objects typed and its more money to the CAC.

Finally please be more ingenious in selecting your company names. The CAC have been on fire these days rejecting names at a break necking speed. Too many names people choose these days are so similar and they have to protect themselves from Lawsuits.

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by FBlessed(f): 9:54pm On May 29, 2010
Hi Lawyer please can yo drop your emai address so i can send you a mail and ask you some questiona that i cant readily post generally.

I need to register a company and will need to know the requirement but will prefer to discuss it via email.

Thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by solomonjay(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2010
you can reach me on solomonslim01@yahoo.co.uk or visit www.com an online forum like nairaland and i would provide u with as much details as you would like to know.also see price list.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by stteddy(m): 12:01am On Jun 07, 2010
my friends are into that biz i see notthing worrg wit it
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 7:25am On Jun 13, 2010
hi lawyer,
God bless you for the good job you are doing on Nairaland. No limit man. Thanks as well for the cover given your colleagues here. I tell people that professional fees are determined by the individual and not a statutory body.

I read on one of your posts that 1 day is not feasible! Please note that as I write, it is done in Abuja. I do not use any of the Lagos offices since I know that they will still send them to Abuja. So I pay some colleagues in Abuja who filed and return to me in Lagos and same is factored into the fees. U can do that for the 1 day or u buy a return ticket to Abuja if ur client desperately need one. I assure u of 100% success.

Once again God bless u, one of these days we would meet and rob minds.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by schneid: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
interesting,
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Ifenkem: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
Thank you sir, for taking a lot of trouble to answer the frequently asked questions, now i know better, may the good lord reward you for all the pains.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by bafams: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2010
Hello house,pls after registration of a company what are the next thing to be done?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by ayo84(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
cac is quite rich, but they still need to come up with new solutions that would enable people anywhere in the world to register a company
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by napa: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hello,

Can anyone help with CAC Certified True Copy Stamp and the price to get it done.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by MMCL: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2010
HELLO ALL,

I am doing a research and need to find out how many companies are registered in Nigeria on a monthly basis on the average.

Best regards.

MMCL
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Caroguama(f): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
I no fit do business with my fiancee o! No friend in business!
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Tetrians(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
Lawyer,
I am new to Nl
Why is it so complicated, convoluted and complex to do things in Nigeria?
I've tried to no avail to register a company with CAC online
Is this possible from outside Nigeria?
I will like your views if this is possible
Tetrians
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
Cac online doesnt work. The worst set of bureaucrats in Government are the ones working at the CAC. Delay and time wasting is their bread and butter so that you will get frustrated to tip them to make it faster.

You have no choice but to do it physically!
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Tetrians(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2010
lawyer:

Cac online doesnt work. The worst set of bureaucrats in Government are the ones working at the CAC. Delay and time wasting is their bread and butter so that you will get frustrated to tip them to make it faster.

You have no choice but to do it physically!

Thanks lawyer
Thought as much
What a shame!
We will get there
Regards
Tetrians
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by freshinfo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2010
Well done Lawyer i really like your information, they are straight and helpful. Pls keep it up. May you continue to move forward.
I pray you good wish for us will be materialize in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by jpworld(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2010
@Lawyer, I have a spare parts business I want to register, do i need to be a university graduate for this?

Can you let me know, how much it will cost me to register it, and how long it takes.

I have 3 names already,

Email me the best price you will offer me to ugocokeke@yahoo.com
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by sherrify: 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2010
@LAWYER,
IT WAS A PLEASURE SPEAKING TO YOU ON PHONE,I MUST CONFESS U AVE BIN A GREAT HELP TO ME AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE STAYING OUTSIDE D SHORES OF NIGERIA,
AS PER OUR DISCUSSION I WILL BE EXPECING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH VIA EMAIL UNTIL MY ARRIVAL, AGAIN THANKS A MILLION MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS LIZZYNGGEN@YAHOO.COM
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by realvenc: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2010
@Lawyer

pls is it possible to operate a business with just a registered business name. I want to kick start a travel agency immediately and the guy i contacted for the registration as a private limited company said it could take months, but that he can get the business name registered in two weeks.

is it possible and ok to just register the business name for now, start the business and over time do the incorporation.

is there any disadvantage or penalty if i do.

also i do like to have your email address for subsequent transaction and maybe your office. pls help me answer these. please
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by odupope: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2010
for a genuine and reliable way you can beat the current nokia market in nigeria by geting your desire nokia phones at a very ridiculous cheap price ( i.e nokia n8 goes for 28,000 naira and n900 for 27,000 naira ) bonanza price, so for info on direction on how to get these great phones do contact me 07061314694.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2010
this is a coy registration thread n not Nokia or forex.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2010
realvenc:

@Lawyer

pls is it possible to operate a business with just a registered business name. I want to kick start a travel agency immediately and the guy i contacted for the registration as a private limited company said it could take months, but that he can get the business name registered in two weeks.

is it possible and ok to just register the business name for now, start the business and over time do the incorporation.

is there any disadvantage or penalty if i do.

also i do like to have your email address for subsequent transaction and maybe your office. pls help me answer these. please

it appears lawyer has travelled. Let me answer that ? The reason why the person told u it will take months is that you will require to obtain approval in principle from the Nigerian Tourism Development Commission before the Corporate Affairs Commission can register a travel and tour private ltd company for u. whether or not u obtain the said approval , I assure you that by the expiration of the two weeks you want to register a business name, I can register a travel and tour private ltd company for u. For more u could please holla me at kleandenation@yahoo.ca
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by llade(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2010
Thank you lawyer, but I have a burning question about how I, a public servant can be involved legally in owning a company, getting represention in the board and running of the business/ company without running foul of the law.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by james1(m): 8:22am On Oct 24, 2010
Well done lawyer.
May you live long and prosper.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by ebusiness1(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
how do one go about liquidating a company
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by 9jaLaw(m): 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ e-business, the process for liquidating a company in Nigeria

• A statutory declaration declaring that the company intended to be liquidated is able to pay off all its debits within 12 months of commencing the liquidation, is issued by the directors (or the majority of them) within 5 weeks prior to the passage of a special resolution authorizing the liquidation;

• A general meeting is called where the special resolution for the liquidation of the company is passed;

• At the general meeting, one or more liquidators are appointed; after the appointment of the liquidator, the powers of the directors shall cease, except as far as the company in general meeting or with the approval of the liquidator;

• Within 14 days of his appointment, the liquidation must publish in a gazette and 2 daily newspapers a notice of his appointment and also send notification of his appointment to the CAC.

• Where the liquidator is of the opinion that the company will not be able to pay up its debt within the period stated in the solvency declaration, he is obliged to summon a meeting of the creditors and lay before them, a statement of the assets and liabilities of the company;

• where the liquidation will continue for more than one year, the liquidator is obliged to summon a general meeting of the company at the end of the first year from the commencement of the date the resolution was passed and of each succeeding year, or at the first convenient date within three months from the year or such other date the C.A.C. shall allow; laying before the meeting, an account of his dealings and the conduct of the liquidation during the preceding year ;

• when the affairs of the company have been wound up, the liquidator shall call a general meeting by notice published in gazette and in some newspaper printed in Nigeria and circulating in the locality where the meeting is being called, and lay an account - giving an explanation thereof - of the conduct of liquidation and how the property was disposed; and within 7 days, send a copy of the account to the C.A.C.

• as soon as the liquidation is completed, the liquidator shall prepare and send to every member of the company, financial accounts showing the conduct of the liquidation and the results of any trading done by the company; and convene a general meeting to lay before the members and explain the accounts; and within 7 days after the meeting, forward to the C.A.C. for registration, copies of the account and a statement of the meeting and the date it was held;

• prior to the laying of the accounts before the general meeting, the account should be audited by the auditor (s) of the company, who are obliged to also annex a report to the effect that, in their opinion and to the best of their information, they obtained all the information necessary for the audit, and proper records were maintained by the liquidator, and also that the accounts were in accordance;

• Three months after the registration of the statement of account of the liquidation with the CAC, the company is officially liquidated and will cease to exist.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by segun1ng: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2010
it works for me

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by row2ray(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2010
oga lawyer you too try, but i really need to know the applicable fees and who can help me with the process, abeg, nice one
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by igbanbajo(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2010
bookmarked
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Dhotseal(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2010
@Poster,I think u r doing a gr8 job but i have to point out that you were wrong to say that a person under 18 yrs can be a director in a company provided at least 2 other adults are also directors.
You seem to confuse directors with subscribers to the memo & articles of association.

Setion 257 of CAMA is explicit as to those who cannot become directors.
I think you are misinterpreting the provisions of Section 20 of CAMA. Section 20 has nothing to do with directors.It deals with the subscribers to the Memo & Articles.Hence,while ur answer would be correct with respect to subscribers to d MEMART, it wld be wrong to extend it to directors. D4 a person under 18 cannot be a director in a company, period.Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Bill Gates Daughter, Phoebe, In Interracial Relationship With Robert Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.