Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (78431 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / BVN: Frequently Ask Question / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by gomezblue: 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Do you have concerns about incorporating that proposed name you love, why not contact PENDOK? A CAC accreditated corporate consultancy firm who has assisted over 100 clients in Nigeria and diaspora in the incorporation of their business name, limited liability companies, NGOs etc. With our consultancy, incorporation, taxation and services model, we serve you better with fast delivery at affordable costs. Services ranging from corporate concerns, corporate audits, opening bank account.Visit us on www.pendok.com,via email at inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by gomezblue: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
PENDOK, a corporate consultancy firm with CAC accreditation offers you a better service in the incorporation of your proposed Business names, Limited liability companies, NGOs etc. Having assisted over 100 clients in Nigeria and diaspora with our CITS model ( Consultancy, Incorporation, Taxation and Services). We offer services ranging from FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, company seal and other documents for ur corporate account, appointment of directors, increase in share capital, annual returns and all other corporate concerns at affordable cost. Contact us today on www.pendok.com, via email at inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Tolujoseph(m): 12:05am On Sep 20, 2013
Regville Associates is proud to be Nigeria’s foremost company registration firm. What makes Regville distinctive and different is that not only will they help you register your company they will help you get necessary documents that your bank requires to open a corporate bank account at NO EXTRA COST.
For further details visit www.regville.com
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by gomezblue: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
PENDOK, a corporate consultancy firm with CAC accreditation offers you a better service in the incorporation of your proposed Business names, Limited liability companies, NGOs etc. Having assisted over 100 clients in Nigeria and diaspora with our CITS model ( Consultancy, Incorporation, Taxation and Services). We offer services ranging from FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, company seal and other documents for ur corporate account, appointment of directors, increase in share capital, annual returns and all other corporate concerns at affordable cost. Contact us today on www.pendok.com, via email at inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by sotimonpe(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
we can help you to register your Business name, Limited Company, School, Church, Mosque etc. if you register any of the above with us, we will design Customize website for you FREE of charge 08075800577 www.lowosms.com and if you need help that is you need someone to guild you on how to register any of the above call 08075800577
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by kingsleyuk2003(m): 7:17am On Dec 04, 2015
Thanks for the article. It is informative. Can one register a business that have been running for many years without a registered name. I ask this because on my registration form, there is a field named : "Date of Commencement of Business". Can one backdate it to several years, if the the business has been running without a registered name.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by ojochidem(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2016
Hello @Lawyer. If one's Business name certificate is missing but he still has photocopies does he still need to request for a new one from CAC?

lawyer:

Ouch! undecided

Sorry i havent gotten to you back for a while, i have been a little busy but i'll try to answer your questions as best as possible:

Generally all your documents have been burnt and the only way you can get them back is by applying for a certified true copy of all of them except the tax clearance and i am afraid its going to cost you a hell of a lot of money because this is what CAC prays for:

1. Firstly, you have to pay for company search to trace the name and certificate exists and you have to buy the forms and pay for search fees

2. To get the certified true copy of the CAC 2 and CAC 7, You have to purchase the forms, complete it, pay the prescribed filing fees and show evidence of your payment of Annual Returns

3.To get a certified True copy of your Certificate of Incorporation, you have to swear an Affidavit signed by a commissioner of oaths deposed to by one of the Directors

b. Write a formal application to the CAC to retrieve your certificate

c. Pay for the filing fees

d. Show evidence of your payment of your Annual Returns up to date

4. If you dont have a copy of your FIRS reciept, you have to pay N8,500 to procure a new one

5. To get the Memo or CTC of it, you have to show evidence of your annual returns, pay the filing fees.

To be frank, your going to spend nothing less than NN40,000-N50000 to get everything back into shape and thats including the proof of Annual Returns.

I am sorry mate but those are the rules undecided

Its better to register a new one than go through these hassles because their fees fluctuate everyday. If you have a photocopy of it, it will make life better a bit but if you didnt make copies of it, you cannot escape these fees and procedures!

Cheers
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by jlupicard: 1:18am On Jan 20, 2017
I just read some of this and I think I was misinformed. I just filled for the incorporation of my company on the CAC website and I have paid and all. They sent me the pages to sign and to give to my "solicitor ". Is this going to be a problem? Seems the lawyer I choose won't find this funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
Why not contact us via mail pendoknig@yahoo.com or call us on 08107804290 & 08026103452.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Bluffly: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
DeConsultant:
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
Why not contact us via mail pendoknig@yahoo.com or call us on 08107804290 & 08026103452.

I learnt a company can be registered without a share capital. What is the implication of this?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 11:01am On May 01, 2017
Bluffly:

I learnt a company can be registered without a share capital. What is the implication of this?
[quote author=Bluffly post=56002294]

Yes that is correct, there are some types of companies that can be registered without share capital.

1. Business name
2. Partnership
2. Limited by Guarantee
3. Sometimes, an unlimited company.
4. NGO or IT

The implication is that, all the insufficiency and debts that the company may carry or as a result in the normal transactions of the company will be borne and indemnify by the parties, directors and people involved. The most important is that all parties in the company will have equal rights to the company. Whether it is voting, meeting, resolutions etc.

Unlike a limited by shares company that has shareholders, where every individual shares determine their rights and privileges in the company. Some have the majority interest and others the minority interest.

You can feel free to call or Whatsapp us on 08107804290.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by kutest(f): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Please my company registered on SCUML's website,uploaded all documents as required(cac, co2, memoradum of association etc), now when I put my company name in google search box, all these documents show. please any advise on how i can remove it from google search.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Seeing is believing, why not give the professionals and acknowledged CAC accredited agents the opportunity to help you register your corporate entities (Business Name, Limited by shares, NGOs) at an affordable fees, within 5 working days.
Business Name: N25,000. Private Limited Company (One million share capital): N70,000. NGOs: N130,000.
Remember, we won't just help you register your company, we will also help you with your TIN & SCUML, all this for your corporate account.
Contact us today via Whatsapp or call us on 08107804290.

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by designVATExcel: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2017
Wow, though written in 2009, still very relevant.

Thanks so much for taking the time to be extra detailed. Love your sense of humor too.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
We will assist you with your company seal, FIRS TIN, and all that’s needed for corporate bank account at moderate cost. Contact a CAC accredited agent and Corporate Consultant today. For your Business Name: 25K, Private Company: 70K & NGO: 120K. Contact us via WhatsApps or call us on 08107804290. Thanks.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by davidsthe(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
Tetrians:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks lawyer
Thought as much
What a shame!
We will get there
Regards
Tetrians

As tho your prophecy is true now. We're almost there!
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, It been a while, we have been busy with quite a number of pressing matters.
Contact us for all corporate registrations ranging from 1. Company registration (Business Name/ Partnership, Private Limited Company/ Public Limited Company, Incorporated Trustees/ NGO/ Church/ Mosque/ Club/ Foundation e.t.c)
2. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patent & Specialized Designs)
3. NAFDAC Products Registration
4. Tax Advisory (TIN Application, VAT Filing, CIT Filing, TCC Application etc.)
5. Other relevant Government corporate registration.

Feel free to contact the CAC Accredited Agent for all corporate concerns and services on 08107804290 (Call or WhatsApp).
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by tayokem(m): 12:35am On Mar 07, 2018
Good day , please i want to know where to get RC number for new registration

Thank you
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 6:02pm On May 16, 2018
Why go through the hassle & stress of incorporating your proposed company name, limited company or NGO when you can outsource it to a legal CAC Accredited firm at an affordable price and at a duration not more than 5 working days.

Gomez Corporate Consult LTD has been assisting several company promoters, emerging company proprietors, directors and trustees to achieve their company registration at ease, affordable and swift period of not more than 5 working days. We are proud to say that we are professionals having assisted over 200 clients & promoters in Nigeria and Diaspora to achieve their corporate objectives. From CAC company registration, FIRS TIN/VAT application, EFCC SCUML registration, Corporate Account opening, Trademark/ Patent application etc.

We are your one-stop corporate office, all our services are swift and affordable. Visit www.gomezconsult.com, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or call/Whatsapp us on 08107804290.
Here are some evidence!!!

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 2:53pm On May 19, 2018
Gomez Corporate Consult LTD has been assisting several company promoters, emerging company proprietors, directors and trustees to achieve their company registration at ease, affordable and swift period of not more than 5 working days. We are proud to say that we are professionals having assisted over 200 clients & promoters in Nigeria and Diaspora to achieve their corporate objectives. From CAC company registration, FIRS TIN/VAT application, EFCC SCUML registration, Corporate Account opening, Trademark/ Patent application etc.

A Private Limited Company is N70,000 and the certificate will be out within 5 working days; Business Name is N25,000 within 5 working days & IT (NGO or Church): N130,000 within 30 working days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

We are your one-stop corporate office, all our services are swift and affordable. Visit www.gomezconsult.com, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or call/Whatsapp us on 08107804290.

Examples of newly collected certificates. Just within 5 working days!!!

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 9:40pm On May 23, 2018
"Seen. Thanx for a job well done. - Mr. S. Nwanya" This is the feedback we got from one of our existing who got his Business Name Certificate today 23rd May 2018.

For your Business Name Registration- N25,000 with certificate out within 5 working days; Limited by Shares Companies: N70,000 with certificate out with 5 working days; IT (NGO, Church, Club, Foundation etc.): N130,000 with certificate out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days public notice). Trademark, Patents, Copyright, Tax filings (PIT filings, CIT filings, VAT filings, TCC/ TIN application e.t.c.) and other Corporate Services.

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD, a legal corporate firm that have assisted more than 200 companies in Nigeria and Diaspora with their company registrations, post-incorporation filings, annual returns, trademark, patents, tax filings and advisory. Visit www.gomezconsult.com; Call/ Whatsapp on 08107804290 or 08102794272; Email us at info@gomezconsult.com.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, I understand that the Corporate Affairs Commission is trying to make every proprietor, director and trustee register their company entities by themselves but you will all agree with me that, experience and professionalism can not be compromised. Everyday i do receive calls from clients that they are stuck or having issues at one point or the other along their respective company registrations.

Now, why not allow a PROFESSIONAL CAC Accredited Agent assist at a low cost with no stress, hassle or panic. It will baffle you that some clients have been battling with their registration process for 6 months, a year, some even two years. Just a pre-incorporation process. Knowledge and professionalism cannot be undermined or compromised.

The total estimated cost for a business name with all inclusive charges (transport, fees and other miscellaneous): N17,500 apparently we are just simply offering self-less services for a BUSINESS NAME at N25,000 with a duration of 5 Working days.

At Gomez Corporate Consult LTD (a registered legal consulting firm with CAC Accreditation, IPON Accreditation e.t.c), we are thankful to God that we have assisted over 200 clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with their registration processes, ranging from Business Names, Limited Companies, NGOs (IT), Trademarks, Patents, Tax papers & filings, EFCC SCUML Registration & Corporate Account Opening e.t.c..

At an affordable cost:

Business Name Registration: N25,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.

Excerpts of this week ongoing registrations.

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by Chrisdada16(f): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Please why is it that some registered company are not on cac search site.. what could be the problem. thank you
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by cacmatters(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2018
Chrisdada16:
Please why is it that some registered company are not on cac search site.. what could be the problem. thank you
Just put in the first name of the company i.e. for Swift Contractors Ltd, start with ""Swift"".
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
At Gomez Corporate Consult LTD (a registered legal consulting firm with CAC Accreditation, IPON Accreditation e.t.c), we are thankful to God that we have assisted over 200 clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with their registration processes, ranging from Business Names, Limited Companies, NGOs (IT), Trademarks, Patents, Tax papers & filings, EFCC SCUML Registration & Corporate Account Opening e.t.c..

At an affordable cost:

Business Name Registration: N25,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by upengineer: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
I want to do change of company name. I already registered a company but wants to change the name. The company is a limited liability company.

I did name search and the new name was approved. How do i proceed? Will i still follow the normal registration process?

Secondly, how do i remove a director not share holder from an already registered company.

Thanks
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
upengineer:
I want to do change of company name. I already registered a company but wants to change the name. The company is a limited liability company.

I did name search and the new name was approved. How do i proceed? Will i still follow the normal registration process?

Secondly, how do i remove a director not share holder from an already registered company.

Thanks

Firstly, for a change of name for an existing registered company (post-incorporation). There are quite a number of obligation that must first be fulfilled before CAC can effect the changes.
1. Have the company paid Annual Returns up to date.

2. A special resolution must be raised by the board of directors of the said company, stating reason for the change of name and the new proposed company name.

3. A new name search & availability must be initiated and the proposed new company name must be approve by CAC, the new approved company name must be filed along all other relevant documents.

4. An application for change in company name must be raise as well.

5. The prescribed fees must be paid.

6. Remember it must be filed by an accredited agent or a director in the company.

Secondly, change of director is almost the same procedure, just that the resolution will be an ordinary resolution. There will be application for CTCs. It is quite similar as the first application.

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call or WhatsApp us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by upengineer: 4:26am On Jul 09, 2018
DeConsultant:

Firstly, for a change of name for an existing registered company (post-incorporation). There are quite a number of obligation that must first be fulfilled before CAC can effect the changes.
1. Have the company paid Annual Returns up to date.

2. A special resolution must be raised by the board of directors of the said company, stating reason for the change of name and the new proposed company name.

3. A new name search & availability must be initiated and the proposed new company name must be approve by CAC, the new approved company name must be filed along all other relevant documents.

4. An application for change in company name must be raise as well.

5. The prescribed fees must be paid.

6. Remember it must be filed by an accredited agent or a director in the company.

Secondly, change of director is almost the same procedure, just that the resolution will be an ordinary resolution. There will be application for CTCs. It is quite similar as the first application.

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call or WhatsApp us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.

Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 11:56am On Jul 14, 2018
upengineer:

Thanks, I appreciate
You welcome Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Bill Gates Daughter, Phoebe, In Interracial Relationship With Robert Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.