Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry (30861 Views)

These Are 9 Of The Worst Scandals In Auto Industry History / 14 Companies That Control The Auto Industry (photos) / See The Nigerian Made SUV Vehicle That Is The Best in The Auto Industry Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Ichieboxy: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2015
Boss13:

He is a good man but an incompetent president who saw nothing wrong in fleecing the public treasury. Under his watch, a lot of atrocities and abnormalities were perpetrated. Nigeria is too big a country to deserve such a president and I pray we never see his likes in Aso rock again.

Now, based on your post here...let's reason together now to show you that you hated Jonathan either because of religion or ethnicity(APC is a religious and ethnic based political party; religion for north & ethnicity for SW)...

1)One if Jonathan was comfortable with looting of treasury...why did he solve the agricultural corruption issue(fertilizer scam) which has been there since independence...It was there even under the leadership of those that call him incompetent like Obj, Buhari etc...He used technology to solve it and saved Nigeria lots of money while increasing agricultural intervention and success rate including dry season farming...

2)He brought in IPPIS and others into civil service to weed out ghost workers saving Nigeria lots of money...He used technology to solve it...Remember this corruption in the system existed under those that called him clueless and corrupt...

3)He sort to deregularize oil sector...break up and open up NNPC and remove subsidy...ACN, & CPC now APC called ganged up with labour against him and brought him to stop it...Same people turned back later and accused him of stealing with his friends through subsidy...and called him corrupt... Remember subsidy existed under buhari(he began crude export for refined petroleum as head of state) and Obj...

4)Jonathan privatised the power sector that they refused to privatise but wasted over $16billion doing nothing...Though he was endlessly sabotaged by gas pipeline vandals(Who are they?...Why are they bursting pipes that they will not be able to harness the gas(gas is air)?...What is the plan for this?...who is actually corrupt?

5)So if these avenues of looting the treasury was stopped by being proactive by Jonathan using technological tools(Remember his yam & goat analogy)...But was called corrupt by those who allowed those things during their administration; what does it tell you?...Don't you think maybe they are fighting him because he is blocking their means of looting?...Who is really the thief?...I need us to reason very well here...thanks

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Mbkite:
A new page! Everything started working since PMB took over. Am not saying he is the one making things to work but, all I know is that things are working better!
QED.

Tokunbo, and cotonou cars will be a thing of the past, we shall be delivered from those criminals who make us preorder flood damaged cars from the US. grin

Bye bye ladipo market. grin

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by laurel03(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2015
patani:

Hmmmm...forget patriotism. South Africa is far more than Nigeria in everything...You will only realise this when you visit the country. Forget all the hyping for Nigeria as a country. Sorry to say this
... Still saying same things.. Nigeria is blessed Nation even only agriculture can sustain us, we have almost everything we needs.. but bad leaders destroying Nigeria since 1960.. We started well when SA was still struggling against apartheid... Wr is Peugot 9ja, Leyland motors etc why Ajaokuta not working.. All because of our wicked leaders

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Ichieboxy: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2015
Ciscogod:

What do u except from APC? APC is a political party that wanna get into power, PDP on the other hand wants to do everything to hold on to power.

My bro, even if buhari transform nigeria some PDP members will still criticize him.

I'm taking from the general view of an average nigerian.

APC, PDP is all about interest

Average Nigerian still has his political bias...and will vote based on that...
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by CSTR2: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2015
If anybody believe buhari is smart enough to grow the automobile industry from where GEJ stopped, then that person must be very deluded or unusually optimistic.
Heck, buhari does not even have ministers of trade and finance to co-ordinate critical investments like this yet.
Sorry, southafrica has won again. The Nigerian automobile industry is gone with jonathan.
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by CSTR2: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2015
kaeforum:

Tokunbo, and cotonou cars will be a thing of the past, we shall be delivered from those criminals who make us preorder flood damaged cars from the US. grin

Bye bye ladipo market. grin
Import tariffs on vehicles has been reduced.
Osibanjo does not believe Nigeria manufactures cars. Ladipo market has won.
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Viktor1983(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Mbkite:
A new page! Everything started working since PMB took over. Am not saying he is the one making things to work but, all I know is that things are working better!
QED.

Lol! you are funny

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Walexsammy(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2015
illiad1:
If not for our tribal governments cars has always been manufactured in the east since my childhood, it only took Jonathan to let the world know Nigeria is a car manufacturing country

But abokys and yolobas rulers of this country would not let Nigeria prosper by encouraging this hard working igbos.

Let them give us biafra biko so we can be our own China
I won't be suprised if uve not written WAEC

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by LeSudAfricaine: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2015
The heading is misleading, no one's nervous, certainly not South Afrika
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by enomakos(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2015
Good development
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by persius555(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2015
Our past leaders brought us this shame. The nigeria automobile industry started in the 70's when SA was still struggling with apertheid. Turn around, today our citizens long for visa in that same country. Nigerians, havent we yet to learn what damage corruption and tribal bigotry can do to a country. This thread calls for us to look back and see how retarded the country's growth has been. Nationwide sober reflection.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by klax(m): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2015
South Africa does not know anything yet they will be force to respect Nigeria by power by force. Dem go run mad soon. Useless people.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by 989900: 10:59am On Aug 12, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Na power supply dey hold dem back since na, if power supply get back to shape, wetin be SA?

Them tell dem say na oblong head dey take dey build cars?

LoL . . . Werey!! grin cheesy grin
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by 989900: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2015
persius555:
Our past leaders brought us this shame. The nigeria automobile industry started in the 70's when SA was still struggling with apertheid. Turn around, today our citizens long for visa in that same country. Nigerians, havent we yet to learn what damage corruption and tribal bigotry can do to a country. This thread calls for us to look back and see how retarded the country's growth has been. Nationwide sober reflection.

#sad
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by arsenal33: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2015
calebo101:
GEJ
Stealing is not corruption
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by lolly2pops: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2015
Urgh, someone always looking at setting the two countries up against each other. If Nigeria wants to do it, let them go ahead. You don't need SA's approval or investments to prosper do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by freeslash: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
He did his best for this country but because he is from minority tribe they conspired against him, ethnically, slammed him with all manner of accusations and hounded him out of office.

He is out of office but his programmes and policies are still standing tall, because they were well intentioned and well thought out. Even his enemies now try to lay claim to some of his legacies.

God bless GEJ, the father of Nigeria's democracy and a great ambassador of peace!

Cc: lalasticlala

Thank you my brother, u truely a good Nigerian.
Jonathan knows that power is not by force, he went there peacefully and has left peacefully.
They sabotaged his government. Yet today Nigeria is going great.
If under corruption allegations Jonathan achieved this great fits, it will be embarrassing if PMB got nothing with his holiest of government.
God us Watching.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by anigold(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2015
Namady:
Naija go better Inshaa Allah/IJN
are you a Chrislam?
You cant be both A christian and a muslim?
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2015
arsenal33:

Stealing is not corruption

Surely stealing is not corruption. But only the educated knows that. Illiterates actually think it is!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by anigold(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2015
Namady:
Naija go better Inshaa Allah/IJN
are you a Chrislam?
You cant be both A christian and a muslim?
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by DECOtech(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Mbkite:
QED.

That's a lie. Some things were working before PMB took over.
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by anigold(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2015
freeslash:

Thank you my brother, u truely a good Nigerian.
Jonathan knows that power is not by force, he went there peacefully and has left peacefully.
They sabotaged his government. Yet today Nigeria is going great.
If under corruption allegations Jonathan achieved this great fits, it will be embarrassing if PMB got nothing with his holiest of government.
God us Watching.
GEJ was never a saints but he was better than 99% of our past leaders...

good post... Its funny when APC will say that GEJ did not do anything good they forgot that GEJ turned Nigeria into the largest economy in Africa.
He prevented a bloody civil war . He allowed freedom of press which the APC greatly abused to their advantage. He did not intimidate anyone with assasinations we all know what happened in previous civilian administrations...... Lastly He accepted Defeat for peace to reign something our General wont do...

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Mbkite(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2015
DECOtech:

That's a lie. Some things were working before PMB took over.
e.g ?
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by anigold(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
Mbkite:

e.g ?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me bros i dont know.... Lets wait after 2 years

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2015
Ciscogod:

Most people gat no problem with gej. The problem is the people he surrounds himself with. The ones he trust so much. Those ones are not loved by the society and they did not do their best to show his good works also. Even during the campaign, all the propagandas was against his ministers and associate. Gej won 2011, just as abiola won 1993 election. He got vote from all the zones.

Stop lying bros. You guys didn't abuse his ministers, you guys poured your venom on him alone. You and your people called him unprintable names and used your media to hound him out of office. Everything GEJ did was bad to Yorubas, you guys threw everything at him. The only thing Yorubas didn't throw at him was an attempt on his life, even the kitchen sink was thrown at him. While the North strapped bombs on their children just to make his administration seem incompetent, the South West used their media machinery to portray him as a clueless man who wakes up every morning, drinks his ogogoro and passes out.

I hate Yorubas' 2 faced personality. Why can't yorubas stand up for what they believe in? Your tribe need to learn to stand their ground and accept whatever consequences their action/inaction brings. Just stop portraying yourselves as a better people when it suits you already, it is an insult to our collective intelligence.

Igbos for example are proud of voting against Buhari cos we are no cowards. We stand by our decision and if the election was conducted again, we will vote GEJ once more. For once stop being a coward and take responsibility. Be proud of denigrating the office of the President under Jonathan, be proud of criticizing everything he did for Nigeria, from:

Railway (Old locomotive) to
Agriculture (Invisible agricultural product) to
Airport refurbishing (Cosmetic project) to
Automobile (Protested the ban on Tokumbo vehicles) to
Subsidy Removal (Occupy Nigeria) to
IPPIS (Another mode for looting) to
SureP and YouWin (Nonsense program)
.....even the way he walks, stand or kiss his wife was subjected to harsh criticism. On his birthday, your leaders even wished him death. Carry yourself commot for my front make i see road abeg.

Nonsense!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
huangcheng:

Stop lying bros. You guys didn't abuse his ministers, you guys poured your venom on him alone. You and your people called him unprintable names and used your media to hound him out of office. Everything GEJ did was bad to Yorubas, you guys threw everything at him. The only thing Yorubas didn't throw at him was an attempt on his life, even the kitchen sink was throw at him. While the North strapped bombs on their children just to make his administration seem incompetent, the South West used their media machinery to portray him as a clueless man who wakes up every morning, drinks his ogogoro and passes out.

I hate Yorubas' 2 faced personality. Why can't yorubas stand up for what they believe in? Your tribe need to learn to stand their ground and accept whatever consequences their action/inaction brings. Just stop portraying yourselves as a better people when it suits you already, it is an insult to our collective intelligence.

Igbos for example are proud of voting against Buhari cos we are no cowards. We stand by our decision and if the election was conducted again, we will vote GEJ once more. For once stop being a coward and take responsibility. Be proud of denigrating the office of the President under Jonathan, be proud of criticizing everything he did for Nigeria, from:

.....even the way he walks, stand or kiss his wife was subjected to harsh criticism. On his birthday, your leaders even wished him death. Carry yourself commot for my front make i see road abeg.

Nonsense!!

Very emotional yet very true. You couldn't have said it any better.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Ciscogod(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
huangcheng:

Stop lying bros. You guys didn't abuse his ministers, you guys poured your venom on him alone. You and your people called him unprintable names and used your media to hound him out of office. Everything GEJ did was bad to Yorubas, you guys threw everything at him. The only thing Yorubas didn't throw at him was an attempt on his life, even the kitchen sink was throw at him. While the North strapped bombs on their children just to make his administration seem incompetent, the South West used their media machinery to portray him as a clueless man who wakes up every morning, drinks his ogogoro and passes out.

Nonsense!!

Same yoruba vote Gej in 2011.
We have 6states in south west and gej got more than 40% in each state. U can compare to voting of north central and south west. Both parties wan with more than 40%.

Gej won in ekiti state.

I was an ad hoc corper in cross river. They vote gej cos they see him as their brother, I can't blame average yoruba for voting osibanjo as VP.
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by julius2825(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
I posted a link earlier, and we where far behind, but now we are leading, thanks to those who have voted. if you are just seeing this, a foundation that has been giving employment to unemployed youths in Nigeria have been nominated by the UN for an award, the group is leading now and other groups are in pursuit so Nairalanders 'west African vocational education ' wave is still seeking your vote, click on the link and scroll down and click on west African vocational education wave and then vote, make a Nairalander proud, make a Nigerian proud, vote! http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55c24da2e4b0e200525f890b
Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by RingimKabir(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
He did his best for this country but because he is from minority tribe they conspired against him, ethnically, slammed him with all manner of accusations and hounded him out of office.

He is out of office but his programmes and policies are still standing tall, because they were well intentioned and well thought out. Even his enemies now try to lay claim to some of his legacies.

God bless GEJ, the father of Nigeria's democracy and a great ambassador of peace!

Cc: lalasticlala

HOW DID HE EMERGE PRESIDENT IN THE FIRST PLACE? WITH MINORITIES' VOTES ONLY? YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Ciscogod:

Same yoruba vote Gej in 2011.
We have 6states in south west and gej got more than 40% in each state. U can compare to voting of north central and south west. Both parties wan with more than 40%.

Gej won in ekiti state.

I was an ad hoc corper in cross river. They vote gej cos they see him as their brother, I can't blame average yoruba for voting osibanjo as VP.

A lot of other tribes live and do business in the SW especially Ogun and Lagos so that accounts for the votes GEJ got from the SW. 2015 election wasn't any different so stop with the nonsense statistics, you're not talking to kids here. Nobody voted for GEJ because he was their brother, we voted for GEJ because we saw his policy as unprecedented, we also saw the gang-up against a minority tribe and like true Igbos who hates oppression we stood by our SS brothers. We will do the same for anyone irrespective of his/her tribe.

I'm just wondering why all of a sudden Yorubas fell in love with Buhari, the same man they rejected in 2003,2007 and 2011. The same man they threw parties to celebrate when he was overthrown by IBB. Like i said, learn to stand by your decisions and stop playing on our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry by M4gunners: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
GEJ we will never forget your good work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N108m 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo Racecar (photos) / Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? / Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.