Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,093 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company (1612 Views)

Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? / Dont Patronise Nigeria Web Hosting Company / Starting Your Web Hosting Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Lawo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2006
Can anybody advise me on a web hosting company to host my website?

Please help
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Afam(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2006
Lawo,

Often times, experience is the best teacher as there is usually a disconnect between what providers promise and what they deliver. Unfortunately, it is only when money must have changed hands that you will realize this.

Ask providers to show you websites they have hosted and if possible try to contact the real owners of the site and ask them if they have problems with the hosting.

Trust customer reviews on providers website at your own risk.

The cost again may have nothing to do with the reliability as one provider may charge very high and deliver very little whereas another will charge very low and deliver much.

Put differently, there is no clear cut answer that will solve your wahala right now.

A client in UK just found out this morning that his host in the UK was playing games with him, claiming to provide services that never existed on the hosting platform until I finished a web project that required just PHP and mysql to run and the host started speaking in tongues as there was no way for them to get out of this one. The files have been on the server for over one week but make the site show now, na wahala. Needless to say it was end of discussion between my client and the web hosting company in the UK.

Good luck.
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by astronp7(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2006
You can also check www.webtechdesigners.com/hosting.htm Reliable and Affordable. Starts from 4000 naira!
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by kazey(m): 3:41am On Sep 30, 2006
We do not give free trials, but we can assure you a 30 days money back guarantee. Cost wise, we are quiet affordable. We have been there for years and we plan to remain arround for years to come wink, we host the likes of ITSI, so you can be well assured you are in good hands. Check us out now. Visit www.nairahost.com
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by bussby(m): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2006
Hello,
Try www.weblagos.com which is a one-stop domain name registration, web design and web hosting company. We cater for individuals, small to medium size businesses, charity organizations and e-commerce entrepreneurs. With Weblagos you can buy your Domain Name, Design and Host your site to the web within hours. Sign up now and join the train of hundreds of satisfied customers.
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by niyyie(m): 4:49am On Nov 14, 2006
I agree with Afam. After going through his points, I strongly recommend that you choose Web4Africa.
Web4Africa stands out tall. No meagre disk space of bandwidth, affordable prices, reliable servers, experience, performance etc. Ask for it, you have it.

Web hosting from only $20/yr (100MB disk space and 800MB bandwidth) and domain name registration from only $3. Whats more? We accept e-gold, graphcard, among several others. wink
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by brushparke(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2009
Good to do your research well bro.

You may also want to look at www.hostportfolio.com .
Been offering reliable services since 2003.

200MB
500MB Transfer
Free Domain

N3000.
Can't beat it.
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by codibei: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2009
Dear nairalander, all you need to is visit Signonafrica comm ltd @ N 156 Awolowo way Ikeja or www.signonafrica.net this a company that's tested and trusted.Also they have ongoing promo with 5000MB for N5000. cheesy
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by remoranger(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2009
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Don4life: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2009
:d
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 23, 2009
Well. . .one of the above has messed up 5 of my clients already. . .interesting. . .

@Poster. . .better do your research properly. . .that is my best advice for you. . .i am out

By i can recommend www.btshost.net to you - i have hosted up to 10 sites there over 5 years
and have not had any issues with them, best to get recommendation from users before rushing. . .
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by abhosts(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2009
Wow! I can see some Webmasters on Nairaland are very "current".

Does it even occur to you that you are responding to a question that was made 3 years ago?
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 24, 2009
Not that, just that some folks may come and read this, and just learn rubbish and gerrout from here. . .they will think everything on the post is right because no one said anything contrary. . .
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by salviya: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2010
Try this site http://www.xnynz.com/ to get the web host and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by cool0: 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
Try this site http://www.xnynz.com/ to get the web host and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,

Thank you friend!!
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by Afam4eva(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
This thread is really old. Anyways you can get your quality shared web hosting service from www.internetvisa.net
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by rojad(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
You can also try www.rojadhost.net. We are currently running a 30% discount promo
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by lojik(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2010
Bleep
Re: Please Advise Me On A Web Hosting Company by lagoshost(m): 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Webdesign Softwares / Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! / Where Can I Get Microsoft Frontpage To Download Or Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.