Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Who Got This From MTN? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Got This From MTN? (21726 Views)

Who Got This Invite From ACR Group / Pls Who Got Dis Stanbic IBTC: Assessment Invite / A Friend Got This Message To Come For An Interview Can Someone Verify It For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Progress2468(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
salary range pls
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by beverlie: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Heard the test questions will majorly be from the job requirements, like things about marketing and economics... Then few quantitative,verbal and abstract reasoning...

2 Likes

Re: Who Got This From MTN? by juddexy2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
spartanian:

Plot 2784, Shehu Shagari Way,  Maitama, Abuja
thanks bro
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by natureisgood(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2015
akonibobo:
I just got mine this morning ooooo. my exam date is on the 20th of aug.

Pls what are we to expect from the exam?

You are the only person to have said on the 20th is what you got, when virtually everybody is on the 18th. Really, on the 20th?
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by akonibobo: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2015
natureisgood:

You are the only person to have said on the 20th is what you got, when virtually everybody is on the 18th. Really, on the 20th?

Venue: MTN Nigeria Office, 4th floor Maritime House, Berger Cement Bus Stop Oshodi Apapa Express Way, Lagos State.
Date: Thursday 20th August 2015
Time: 1pm
Contact person: Tobore - 0803200

Are u ok with that
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Richal20(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Please i didn't get it and am in calabar how do i get involved
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by natureisgood(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
akonibobo:

Venue: MTN Nigeria Office, 4th floor Maritime House, Berger Cement Bus Stop Oshodi Apapa Express Way, Lagos State.

Are u ok with that

Am just putting it out to the members if any other person got dates dat differ from 18th as yours. Alrite, am okay with that
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by akonibobo: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
natureisgood:
Am just putting it out to the members if any other person got dates dat differ from 18th as yours. Alrite, am okay with that

Well not all those that were invited by MTN are on Nairaland.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by slimRakim: 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wrote mine in abj..tobore no even allow me reach house before he mail me my zero

4 Likes

Re: Who Got This From MTN? by owolabiza(m): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
slimRakim:
Wrote mine in abj..tobore no even allow me reach house before he mail me my zero
pls how was d questions? mine is for 2mrw
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by akonibobo: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
slimRakim:

Sorry for that bro. Please what was the question like. Mine is on thursday
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by samukiwo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
slimRakim:

Slimrakim, pls elaborate more on how the test went, the subject combinations and the number of questions as well as the timing. This will be very helpful.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by slimRakim: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
25 english-30mins and 30maths-30mins.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by rman: 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
akonibobo:

Are u ok with that

Test for the same role takes place on the same day across MTN's different testing centers across the country. You should crosscheck property, you are definitely invited for a different job function.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by rman: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
slimRakim:

Better luck next time, the moment you click submit, your result is ready on a computer somewhere and in less than 3hrs max, everyone gets their results unless something goes wrong.

You definitely can't score zero unless you adjusted your CV to match the job and you never really have any form of experience in that field. A lot of folks score as high as 70 even in job roles that are very technical.

Please also note that test results and high score doesn't grantee being called for interview as invites for interview is strictly based on the number of slots available. The golden rule of thumb for mtn is the top five scores gets called for the next stage if only one slot is available. If the there are maybe three vacancies, they may call around 12 for next stage based on scores.

Sometimes, they may need 5 people and only 6 cross the pass mark, then only those 6 will be invited for mtn interview because mtn will never lower the pass mark because of poor performance of invited candidates.

The pass mark is 40% but I can assure u if you score below 50 in any test for any role, forget it as I have seen test scores where highest is 78% and before u get to 75% u already have your 5 candidates that will proceed.

Let me close by saying u don't need to know anybody to enter. If you are the best when the process is concluded be assured you will get the role even if CEO relative is among the candidates. The life cycle of a recruitment process in mtn is always less than 6 months. That means from the day the advert is released to the public, the successful candidate would have resumed in 6 months max.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
I wrote mine in PH WAS unsuccessful but the questions were very easy. NV knew what went wrong

2 Likes

Re: Who Got This From MTN? by akonibobo: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
rman:

Test for the same role takes place on the same day across MTN's different testing centers across the country. You should crosscheck property, you are definitely invited for a different job function.
Probably you can explain better with the message below.
I know of some people going for the exam on the same position I was invited for on Tuesday and wednessday.

Y'ello,

Sequel to your application for the position of Trade Marketing Officer, please take this as a formal invitation to attend a function specific test. Kindly find details below:

Contact person: Tobore - 08032005704

Also note that we have testing centers in Abuja (call Fatima- 07062027443) & PH (call Prince - 07062029126) if you wish to sit for your test in these locations. Your call to the available test centers will enable logistics to be provided for you, please adhere.

Candidates must be seated in the examination hall 20 minutes before the commencement of the test. Kindly come with your calculator as you would not be allowed to use the calculator on your phone.

In addition, you will be required to provide one of the following forms of identification upon your arrival for the test.

* National Driver's License
* National Identification Card
* International Passport
* MTN Identification Card (for MTN staff)
* Original Voters registration Card

No other form of identification will be accepted.

Do make sure you come to the venue of the test with your Original degree/HND certificates and NYSC discharge Certificate, failure to do so would lead to disqualification.

Only successful candidates will be invited for the next stage of the interview process (typically within a maximum of 2 weeks from the test date).

NOTE: This e-mail is subject to the MTN Nigeria disclaimer

Regards,

MTN Nigeria Recruitment

Your Unique ID Number Is 115**

And below the message u just read is a message sent to my fone because it seems you are part of the recruiting team.

Re: Who Got This From MTN? by rman: 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
akonibobo:

Probably you can explain better with the message below.
I know of some people going for the exam on the same position I was invited for on Tuesday and wednessday.

Y'ello,

Sequel to your application for the position of Trade Marketing Officer, please take this as a formal invitation to attend a function specific test. Kindly find details below:

Contact person: Tobore - 08032005704

Also note that we have testing centers in Abuja (call Fatima- 07062027443) & PH (call Prince - 07062029126) if you wish to sit for your test in these locations. Your call to the available test centers will enable logistics to be provided for you, please adhere.

Candidates must be seated in the examination hall 20 minutes before the commencement of the test. Kindly come with your calculator as you would not be allowed to use the calculator on your phone.

In addition, you will be required to provide one of the following forms of identification upon your arrival for the test.

* International Passport

Do make sure you come to the venue of the test with your Original degree/HND certificates and NYSC discharge Certificate, failure to do so would lead to disqualification.

Only successful candidates will be invited for the next stage of the interview process (typically within a maximum of 2 weeks from the test date).

NOTE: This e-mail is subject to the MTN Nigeria disclaimer

Regards,

MTN Nigeria Recruitment

Your Unique ID Number Is 115**

And below the message u just read is a message sent to my fone because it seems you are part of the recruiting team.

This simply means they invited very large number and only four is needed nationwide. It is the same role.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Darrellhill: 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
spartanian:
Please is this real or a scam?
How can this be a scam.. This is very real bro... Maritime house is one of MTN major office in Nigeria
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Darrellhill: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Salary range is btw 300k- 450k. .
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Honey93(f): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
My test is for Friday in Abuja, called Fatima last week. Please what kind of resources did you guys use to prepare for the test? And any idea of the expected salary?
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Gheritage(m): 12:21am On Aug 19, 2015
akonibobo:

Well not all those that were invited by MTN are on Nairaland.
I'm having d same date with u on my invitation msg bro
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by orlaryhincah(m): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2015
omisakint:
Y'ello,
Sequel to your application for the position of
Trade Marketing Officer, please take this as a
formal invitation to attend a function specific test.

Kindly find details below:
Venue: MTN Nigeria Office, 4th floor Maritime
House, Berger Cement Bus Stop Oshodi. Apapa
Express Way, Lagos State.
Date: Tuesday 18th August 2015
Time: 12noon
Contact person: Tobore - 08032005
Also note that we have testing centers in Abuja
(call Fatima- 07062027) & PH (call Prince -
07062029) if you wish to sit for your test in
these locations. Your call to the available test
centers will enable logistics to be provided for
you, please adhere.
Candidates must be seated in the examination
hall 20 minutes before the commencement of the
test

. Kindly come with your calculator as you
would not be allowed to use the calculator on
your phone.
In addition, you will be required to provide one of
the following forms of identification upon your
arrival for the test.
* International Passport
Do make sure you come to the venue of the test
with your Original degree/HND certificates and
NYSC discharge Certificate, failure to do so would
lead to disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be invited for the
next stage of the interview process (typically
within a maximum of 2 weeks from the test date).
NOTE: This e-mail is subject to the MTN Nigeria
disclaimer
Regards,
MTN Nigeria Recruitment
Your Unique ID Number Is 1*****

How was ur test and can u tell us Abt the questions thanks
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by orlaryhincah(m): 6:46am On Aug 19, 2015
rman:

This simply means they invited very large number and only four is needed nationwide. It is the same role.

There are two vacancy adverts

Trade Marketing Officer x4 North, West, South, East

Trade Marketing Officer

Though they both have same requirements and responsibility but they were advertised differently. Not everyone noticed it, would send links soon
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by rman: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2015
orlaryhincah:

There are two vacancy adverts

Trade Marketing Officer x4 North, West, South, East

Trade Marketing Officer

Though they both have same requirements and responsibility but they were advertised differently. Not everyone noticed it, would send links soon

That explains it.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by natureisgood(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Why you didnt get the invite for function specific test could be age. If you are 30yrs or older, forget it.. There are still other posts available for experienced jub seekers though.. And yeah, Two diff adverts, same job name and role
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by fescope: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
I just got same invite format for procurement officer, services a while ago. Anyone else in the house got this?
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by mope2412: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please mine is tomorrow! Please who knows the kind of questions to expect? Preferably frome those who took the test yesterday 18th. Also, salary range plsss.
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by orlaryhincah(m): 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
So unfair no one could feel us in about the test for those that have done
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by Smoak: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
The test comprises of 30 maths questions for 35mins and 20 English questions( mostly sentence correction) for 25mins.....i think someone already said this tho
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by juddexy2(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Smoak:

The test comprises of 30 maths questions for 35mins and 20 English questions( mostly sentence correction) for 25mins.....i think someone already said this tho
how was your result?
Re: Who Got This From MTN? by orlaryhincah(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
So unfortunate i was turned down cuz of my grade cry cry cry
But atleast they saw the entries before sending IVs #JustSaying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Npower Site Reopening- All Previous Applications Remain Intact / 2017 First City Monument Bank Recruitment For Entry Level Graduate Analysts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.