Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships (1041 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / Harmattan In February: How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by Rockcalvary(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
How to cope with Long Distance Relationships

Lesson 1

Give her a souvenir when she's leaving. A jacket that smells like you, a teddy, a potted plant, framed picture... She wants something to remember you by. She loves to feel like you're right there with her kiss
As much as you will miss her, she wants to remember you too. Help her out! Give her something of yours she loves. Something she can take care of, that reminds her of you. I especially love the jacket idea. She'll feel warm, cozy and wrapped up in you + she can smell you anytime she wears it. Makes her feel like she's right there in your arms kiss

Lesson 2

Call her everyday. Spend time with her on phone. She wants to know how your day went. She loves to hear how you failed to cope without her cheesy
Tell her how you tried to make pancakes on your own and failed. Or how you burnt dinner and had to drink garri. Tell her what happened at work, in traffic, anywhere, anything. Give her a rundown of your day, let her feel like a part of it. kiss

Lesson 3

Sing to her at night. She wants to hear you serenade her. She loves to know she's a better singer, but you still won't give up
So you don't have the voice, or you can't even figure out the lyrics..sing her favorite songs to her every other night. You could play the song on the background so you don't sound entirely off. When she listens to the song on her own, chances are she'll remember your version and laugh, or at least smile to herself. cheesy

Lesson 4

Discuss a welcome back plan. Talk about what you'll do the moment she gets back. She wants to know someone's waiting for her. She loves to know you can't wait to have her back. kiss
Talk with her about things she wants to do when she gets back. Plan dates, make wish lists, discuss the places she misses going to with you, and make plans to take her there. Give her something to look forward to when she gets back. grin

Lesson 5

Make her birthday special. Distance shouldn't make you forget, or make it just a normal day. She wants you around, a surprise visit won't be bad. She'll love a surprise party too even if you can't make it there.
Birthdays, Valentines day, there are special periods when she's got attention from so many. Why risk not being a part of it? She wants you there. Or at least feel you're there in spirit. Visit her if you can. Organise a party with her friends if you can't. Or maybe just send her cakes and party stuff. She'll never forget it wink

Lesson 6

Love her multimedia. Send her voice notes, pictures, videos. She wants to know you think about her. She loves to see it, to hear it, to feel it. kiss
Not everybody can be romantic, but she's in love with you for a reason. Say her nice things in a voice note and send to her. Make a video, let her watch you say you love her, or sing to her, or dance your silly dance for her. Make her laugh, make her memories she can always go back to anytime she's feeling low. wink

Lesson 7

Send her money regularly. A lil pocket change? an allowance? Anything you can afford. She does need some extra cash. She loves to know you can cater for her
Its not the amount that counts, its the thought. If she was right there with you, you'll be spending on her. Why not do the same when she's away? Before she'll start thinking you're spending on someone else + she needs to know you can take care of her needs. Nobody likes a stingy koko undecided And you shouldn't see her being away as a tax holiday. cheesy

I might not be an expert at this, considering bae has been away for only about 3 months (which feels much longer to me cos she's my oxygen) but I think these lessons should help.
If they don't, then she probably doesn't like you in the first place.
If you think you know some more, feel free to add them you never know who you could be helping.
Like I always say, life is too short to be alone, gloating, angry forming lone ranger (me against the world). Live your life, love your life, laugh out hard, make someone other than yourself happy. Cause you didn't come her to live for yourself alone. The best thing life can give you is someone who truly loves you...never take them for granted.
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
FTC
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by tobybasten(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmm

Let me buy a plot of land here... .... Oya let's go there

Good! OP, points noted
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Make Mufausa Carry Soup come first way I go use manage this Fufu ..
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by adrainuche(m): 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
Been in a long distance relationship isnt easy tho ...
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by Blanc8(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by 0luwatope(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
i smell fp... Intorvert ba3 don die sha
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by tbagjames(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
ok
Re: 7 Tips For Guys Coping With Long Distance Relationships by smilinseun(m): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
With the way nigerian girls are now.. I will now decide to do everything you have listed here... God forbid...

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Wrote A Love Letter Bck In School. / Which Will You Rather Have, Money, Beauty Or Fame? / 10 Things Single Ladies Do In Their 30's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.