Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,059 members, 7,835,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? (3773 Views)

Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by Jorussia(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
I can comfortably marry a single mum,with not more one Child, provided she is not a divorcee.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by acada111(f): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2015
jabojafa:
u shd tel dem to deir faces n see wot becomes of u.

Tell the idiot!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by Alexgeneration(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
acada111:

Tell the idiot!!
What makes him an idiot?Can't you express yourself without insulting?Or are you a bastard?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
Christ Jesus, OP did u have to use the word 'bastard'? I have a cute daugther outside wedlock and dt hasnt made her a bastard.. Pls edit ur post, the word 'bastard is too harsh... Tnz

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by remsonik(f): 2:43am On Aug 17, 2015
namedonfinish:
Christ Jesus, OP did u have to use the word 'bastard'? I have a cute daugther outside wedlock and dt hasnt made her a bastard.. Pls edit ur post, the word 'bastard is too harsh... Tnz
Your daughter is a bastard since you are not married to her father. Its not derogatory or harsh that's just the word for it.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by mcdokwe(m): 6:04am On Aug 17, 2015
kstadaura:
I have seen many young ladies that have given birth to bastards, in their parent's house,although they still look pretty and have suitors but that sounds awkward to me. i am not saying that they should be isolated or hated for having bastards but i just cant do it.

just recently a friend of mine(lady) whom i have crush on,is pregnant out of wedlock, the moment i heared that i just dont feel the way i use to feel about her.......its really disturbing.

guys can you marry a lady who had a bstard?
bla bla bla bla bla
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by Kimoni: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2015
remsonik:

Your daughter is a bastard since you are not married to her father. [b]Its not derogatory or harsh [/b]that's just the word for it.

Aunty, it is not just derogatory and harsh to call someone's daughter a bastard, it is both barbaric and archaic. Since you lot are all about dictionary definitions, below is an excerpt from a standard dictionary.

I am not sure how many of you will dare to physically walk up to any parent and call their children bastards because that's what the dictionary says. But online, all goes...smh

bastard

ˈbɑːstəd,ˈbast-/
noun

archaic, derogatory
a person born of parents not married to each other.
synonyms: illegitimate child, child born out of wedlock; More

informal
an unpleasant or despicable person.
"he lied to me, the bastard!"
synonyms: scoundrel, villain, rogue, rascal, brute, animal, weasel, snake, monster, ogre, wretch, devil, good-for-nothing, reprobate, wrongdoer, evil-doer; More

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2015
remsonik:

Your daughter is a bastard since you are not married to her father. Its not derogatory or harsh that's just the word for it.
who ever u are, pls stay off my mention.. Itz too early for a bad market... Shioooor..

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Gave Birth Out Of Wedlock? by anelta(f): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2015
Jennifer89:
how could you call an innocent child a bastard? despite the fact they were born out of wedlock shouldn't make you despise them. if u cant marry a woman who has a child out of wedlock doesn't mean someone else wont.
The op despises no one....tho' the word "bastard" sounds offensive cause Nigerians abuse the word, it wasn't meant to offend anyone it only refers to someone borne outta wedlock... maybe d word illegitimate would be preferred undecided
Jennifer89:
how could you call an innocent child a bastard? despite the fact they were born out of wedlock shouldn't make you despise them. if u cant marry a woman who has a child out of wedlock doesn't mean someone else wont.
The op despises no one....tho' the word "bastard" sounds offensive cause Nigerians abuse the word, it wasn't meant to offend anyone it only refers to someone borne outta wedlock... maybe u prefer d word illegitimate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Not Leaving My Wife Months Ago / Must Read For All Funke Akindele"s / Adorable Pictures Of My Friend's Baby!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.