Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend (2864 Views)

U.S VISA---How To Increase Your Chances Of Getting A U.S Visitation Visa... / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / I Need A Visitation Visa To Dublin In Irland.is Dublin A Good Country To Stay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by europegirl(f): 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
Does anyone have info on how hard it is to get a visa to the US? What is the best way to get approved for one? My boyfriend just tried to get one but at the interview the officer didn't even give him a chance to explain himself or proove that he will come back.
Does anyone have some good advice on that subject? It would be appreciated!! Thanks!!! grin
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by Treetop20(m): 11:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
where abouts does your bf live?
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by europegirl(f): 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2009
Delta State . Why?
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by raregem004: 3:43am On Mar 25, 2009
europegirl:

Does anyone have information on how hard it is to get a visa to the US? What is the best way to get approved for one? My boyfriend just tried to get one but at the interview the officer didn't even give him a chance to explain himself or proove that he will come back.
Does anyone have some good advice on that subject? It would be appreciated!! Thanks!!! grin

I was once in that situation,my ex-gf bebe needed me to come to houston texas,for almost 2yrs we tried all to no avail,until sum1 else snatched her from me,but how i wish i knew wht i know now . . .call me i would link you up 234-7030079719
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by OgidiBoy(m): 3:51am On Mar 25, 2009
If you are serious about this guy and you are now a citizen, I'll suggest you go ahead and file the fiance visa "K1" it take about 6 to 8 months if your documents and this guy are all legit. But you know you have to marry him when he gets into the states right.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by europegirl(f): 4:48am On Mar 25, 2009
@ogidiboy

Thank you. I was thinking K1-visa but I was wondering if they would let him have it since he has never been out of the country. That's the tricky thing getting out for the first time. I really don't like dealing with immigrations it is horribly discouraging and discriminating.
We definitely want to marry so that would not even be the issue.
Thank's for the suggestion!
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by OgidiBoy(m): 5:03am On Mar 25, 2009
I wish you the best dear, I totally agree with you about dealing with Immigrations, like you said it's discouraging and discriminatory, but what can you do if you love someone and you want the person right here with you.

Your boyfriend don't have to travel of of Nigeria to qualify for k1 visa, but you the petitioner has to have traveled to Nigeria at least once in the past two years and have pictures, plane tickets, emails to prove that.

If you want a lot more info about stuff like this I'll suggest you sign up at visajourny.com it's a forum that helps folks with issues like this.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by europegirl(f): 5:08am On Mar 25, 2009
@ogidiboy

Thank you so much!! I really do appreciate the input. I will definitely check out this website.

Thank's a million!!!!! smiley
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by OgidiBoy(m): 5:13am On Mar 25, 2009
No problems dear, I have tones of friends that went through the process too so I can only imagine what you going through. Best advice I can give you is: don't ever let them frustrate you to give up, if they don't work with you write your congressman and get his office involved. Those crazy politicians are always looking for votes and do help.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by europegirl(f): 5:20am On Mar 25, 2009
@Ogidiboy

funny you should mention that about contacting the congress men in my state. LOL. I was actually wondering if I could do that. I just really don't like the way immigration works. It almost seems like it's luck. Plus it is so expensive for the forms alone and then to be denied is just so horrible.
I will take all your advice to heart and let my boyfriend know as well.
It's really nice to receive positive, encouraging feedback like yours!

Thank's!
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by OgidiBoy(m): 5:29am On Mar 25, 2009
Girl I don't know your political affiliation or what state you in, find out who your congressman is and if his a Democrats become a Democrats fast and if his republican just pretend to be Republican till you get what you want lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin. Yeah the do deny a lot of cases true, but if you have all your stuff right and do your home work then they should not deny you a k1 and if the do that's where the office of your congressman comes into the picture.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by meetyommy: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2009
Hmm, what is most likely to work is for you to first visit your boyfriend here in NIgeria,Visit the Us embassy here in Nigeria,
Take it from there and you ll be glad you did.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by Omonla(f): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2009
europegirl:

@ogidiboy

Thank you. I was thinking K1-visa but I was wondering if they would let him have it since he has never been out of the country. That's the tricky thing getting out for the first time. I really don't like dealing with immigrations it is horribly discouraging and discriminating.
We definitely want to marry so that would not even be the issue.
Thank's for the suggestion!

Europegirl, I am not sure if you have posted additional details about your relationship somewhere on Nairaland before, but if your boyfriend has never left Nigeria, would it be save to imply that you have never met him in person? Is he, in fact, serious about you? Did you promise him a green card? I know it sounds sadistic, but I have seen several posts on Nairaland from American/Western women, lashing out at Nigerian men, and accusing them of using these ladies to obtain papers to the West.

If you don't want to be another statistic, maybe you should do your homework carefully about the long distance relationship. It is a bad image that Westerners give our Nigerian men as "Users" when said ladies did not do their own research. PS: I am not trying to belittle your relationship, but hindsight after disappointment, as they say, is 20/20.
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by travelcare: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2009
@poster

Have u been to Nigeria before (I guess your boyfriend is a Nigerian). The first thing you should do if you are really serious about the relationship is to visit your BF at least once at his home country, this is to nullify the notion by the American Consulate that the relationship is 'arrangee'. Make your moves legit by taking steps accordingly, your evidence of visits to him and other activities can help the situation, otherwise, I see it as 'arrangee'. Good luck in your relationship.

Travelcare
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2009
Lol, Victor! cheesy

Perhaps raregem004's Mr Giwa, with a shop full of things to sell.
More likely, he's a thief
. angry
Re: Visitation Visa For My Boyfriend by realcool: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2009
i love this forum

(1) (Reply)

The 21 Most Dangerous Creatures In Australia / Enquiries: Visit To Obudu Cattle Ranch / Poverty In Germany: Trying To Make Ends Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.